HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia

Kabanov in Moncton

Old
10-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Ami

vCash: 500
Kabanov in Moncton

Not sure if you've been reading or following, but there has been (well, this isn't the word for it, but) controversy surrounding Kirill Kabanov and how he was already causing problems in Moncton.

Well this just isn't true!

http://futureconsiderationsdotca.wor...of-a-molehill/

Just wanted to give you an update! People hear about a problem with a Russian in North America and start to roll their eyes so we had to set the record straight!

Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Siberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami View Post
Not sure if you've been reading or following, but there has been (well, this isn't the word for it, but) controversy surrounding Kirill Kabanov and how he was already causing problems in Moncton.

Well this just isn't true!

http://futureconsiderationsdotca.wor...of-a-molehill/

Just wanted to give you an update! People hear about a problem with a Russian in North America and start to roll their eyes so we had to set the record straight!
Don't know why you're advocating for him on Russia's board. On topic I saw the interview of Russian U-20 head coach who said that Kabanov is a good talent but not as good as he thinks he is. I wouldn't be surprised if Plyuschev would leave Kabanov off the team.

Siberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Ami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian View Post
On topic I saw the interview of Russian U-20 head coach who said that Kabanov is a good talent but not as good as he thinks he is. I wouldn't be surprised if Plyuschev would leave Kabanov off the team.
Would that be more of a political move?

Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 10:57 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami View Post
Would that be more of a political move?
You'd have to think so. Anyone who thinks that Kabanov shouldn't be on the U-20 squad obviously hasn't seen him play.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 06:12 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
You'd have to think so. Anyone who thinks that Kabanov shouldn't be on the U-20 squad obviously hasn't seen him play.
Plyuschev didn't say Kabanov isn't good. He said that he's less good than his wet fantasies. And I do agree

10-27-2009, 08:12 AM
Washington Capitals

Do you think he has ego issues?

Washington Capitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 10:15 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodyBeast View Post
rubbish

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Siberian

Kabanov played his worst game in the CHL last night. His team won 6:2 and he managed to be -2, no points. His confidence quickly disappears after a quick start.

Old
10-28-2009, 03:04 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Kabanov played his worst game in the CHL last night. His team won 6:2 and he managed to be -2, no points. His confidence quickly disappears after a quick start.
It was one bad game...

Old
10-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
This is why i prefer Kuznetsov and Tarasenko

Alessandro Seren Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
He and his dad have

Alessandro Seren Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Zine

Quote:
I think he's a lot like Lindros was.
Kabanov is obviously driven and works hard but also seems accustomed to getting preferential treatment. The kid comes from a wealthy background and has parents who've been influential in pulling strings for him.

I agree with Plyushev when he says Kabanov is good but not that good. I don't think its too much of an issue though....at least he's not like Zherdev.

My take anyways.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 04:44 AM
Washington Capitals

I've indeed heard he comes from a wealthy family. Hopefully he wll get over himself.

Washington Capitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 02:08 PM
rananda

If Kabanov is not selected for the WJC, Russia's U-20 national team will go from having a history of curious selection decisions arguably motivated by political or at least non-hockey considerations to being a complete joke. i cannot imagine he would be left off the team. if he is, why bother rooting for a team that has no interest in competing.

it's too bad an ohl team didnt select kabanov so we could see him go up against hall and seguin regularly.

rananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Siberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rananda View Post
If Kabanov is not selected for the WJC, Russia's U-20 national team will go from having a history of curious selection decisions arguably motivated by political or at least non-hockey considerations to being a complete joke. i cannot imagine he would be left off the team. if he is, why bother rooting for a team that has no interest in competing.

it's too bad an ohl team didnt select kabanov so we could see him go up against hall and seguin regularly.
I actually would prefer not to see Kabanov at the WJC. I would prefer to bring a player with less skill but with more intensity. I don't think Kabanov is that valuable for a team, specially when you need shot blocking, defensive ability as well as physical presence playing against Canada.

Old
10-29-2009, 11:15 PM
smitty10

Quote:
I actually would prefer not to see Kabanov at the WJC. I would prefer to bring a player with less skill but with more intensity. I don't think Kabanov is that valuable for a team, specially when you need shot blocking, defensive ability as well as physical presence playing against Canada.
If Russia wants to bring the best team it can to the WJC Kabanov will be on it. It sounds like a lot of people are bitter that he left Russia for Canada, which I completely understand. I know if one of our top junior talents left to play in Russia I would be furious as well, but the fact is he is one of the top players in junior hockey. He may be cocky and may be demanding but that doesn't change the fact that he is a top prospect. Honestly if he isn't on the team it will be a strictly political move.

Old
10-29-2009, 11:49 PM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
If Russia wants to bring the best team it can to the WJC Kabanov will be on it. It sounds like a lot of people are bitter that he left Russia for Canada, which I completely understand. I know if one of our top junior talents left to play in Russia I would be furious as well, but the fact is he is one of the top players in junior hockey. He may be cocky and may be demanding but that doesn't change the fact that he is a top prospect. Honestly if he isn't on the team it will be a strictly political move.
He's still only a 1992, so I don't think he'll be counted on as being a key player for WJC team.
But yes, he definately should be on the team and I see no reason why he'd be left off.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 02:21 PM
rananda

Quote:
I would prefer to bring a player with less skill but with more intensity.
Right. Like selecting Komaristy instead of Mayorov.

Old
10-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Siberian

Quote:
Right. Like selecting Komaristy instead of Mayorov.
You mean Mayrov (Pierre McGuire)? Mayorov or not, these are just the names, which are completely useless if there is no team. We had Ovechkin, Malkin and Radulov at one point on the team but there was no chemistry becuase there were also locker room cancers like Shafigullin and Ezhov. Do you think all the players would like to see Kabanov on this team? Russian fans in majority dislike Kabanov to a point that they don't want to see him on this team, do you think Russian U-20 players have much different opinion? So Chemistry is much more important than having Kabanov on this team.

Old
10-30-2009, 02:40 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Ohh please!! Thats like saying Filatov shouldn't have been brought when he was 17. This guy looked good at the u-18s, he should be a lock for the roster. Lets be reasonable here, besides Hall, he is the best forward his age, he will be there. Also leaving Mayorov off the roster was a huge mistake. He was the only player besides Filatov with NHL experience last year, and Columbus brass was ticked he was left off.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 02:45 PM
Siberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Ohh please!! Thats like saying Filatov shouldn't have been brought when he was 17. This guy looked good at the u-18s, he should be a lock for the roster. Lets be reasonable here, besides Hall, he is the best forward his age, he will be there. Also leaving Mayorov off the roster was a huge mistake. He was the only player besides Filatov with NHL experience last year, and Columbus brass was ticked he was left off.

Don't compare Filatov with Kabanov, totally different players and different personalities. I am not sure why Mayorov was left off, but this was Nemchinov's decision I believe. Considering that last year's team fared the best against Canada since 2004 I trust that decision.

Old
10-30-2009, 02:53 PM
rananda

Quote:
You mean Mayrov (Pierre McGuire)? Mayorov or not, these are just the names, which are completely useless if there is no team. We had Ovechkin, Malkin and Radulov at one point on the team but there was no chemistry becuase there were also locker room cancers like Shafigullin and Ezhov. Do you think all the players would like to see Kabanov on this team? Russian fans in majority dislike Kabanov to a point that they don't want to see him on this team, do you think Russian U-20 players have much different opinion? So Chemistry is much more important than having Kabanov on this team.
i agree, it is more important to have players that like each other than to have players that can actually play hockey. Russian fans dont like Kabanov because he left their country, totally understandable. i dont know what russian players think, but if they're smart and they care about winning - the kinds of players i want on my team - they will want kabanov on their team. i dont believe that kabanov is a jerk or a d-bag necessarily because he thinks he really great and has a chance to be a superstar and believes north america is his best opportunity to become one. his teammates and coaches in moncton have had nothing but nice things to say about him.

all things being equal, youd love for all the players to get along. but choosing an inferior but more humble player is just silly. no one liked kessel on the bruins, but they seemed to do pretty well last year. i remember lindros being on some pretty good nhl and junior teams. the idea of the locker room cancer is one of the most overused and useless terms in the hockey lexicon. i dont believe kabanov has done anything to indicate he's unpopular in the locker room, but even if he has, he's still too good to not want on your team.

Old
10-30-2009, 03:06 PM
Siberian

Quote:
i agree, it is more important to have players that like each other than to have players that can actually play hockey. Russian fans dont like Kabanov because he left their country, totally understandable. i dont know what russian players think, but if they're smart and they care about winning - the kinds of players i want on my team - they will want kabanov on their team. i dont believe that kabanov is a jerk or a d-bag necessarily because he thinks he really great and has a chance to be a superstar and believes north america is his best opportunity to become one. his teammates and coaches in moncton have had nothing but nice things to say about him.

all things being equal, youd love for all the players to get along. but choosing an inferior but more humble player is just silly. no one liked kessel on the bruins, but they seemed to do pretty well last year. i remember lindros being on some pretty good nhl and junior teams. the idea of the locker room cancer is one of the most overused and useless terms in the hockey lexicon. i dont believe kabanov has done anything to indicate he's unpopular in the locker room, but even if he has, he's still too good to not want on your team.
From what I hear Kabanov is a total and complete ******. Look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NW1Hhz7u04 , the dude filmed himself, posted on youtube and posted the link on Russian hockey websites. If the coach thinks he is not needed on this team I would trust the coach's opinion, specially because I know Plyuschev would not include a player who is not like by everybody else.

Old
10-30-2009, 03:12 PM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Russian fans in majority dislike Kabanov to a point that they don't want to see him on this team, do you think Russian U-20 players have much different opinion? So Chemistry is much more important than having Kabanov on this team.
you are so wrong here. you just cant say that majority of russians dislike him just because YOU and view Salavat fanboys dislike him saying U20 players dislike him either is just out of mind. where did you took that information?

Old
10-30-2009, 03:16 PM
pouskin74*

[QUOTE=Siberian;21871803]Don't compare Filatov with Kabanov, totally different players and different personalities. IQUOTE]

thats just because you have nothing against Filatov no need to be hypocrite ....