Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Kabanov in Moncton

Old
11-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Siberian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rananda View Post
and you think medvedev is universally loved by all russian juniors? that's my point, no sane teammate is going to hate on kabanov because he mouthed off about the khl. if a player acts to undermine the authority inside a locker room, there could be trouble. if a player spouts off in the press about larger institutional problems that dont involve his team - like if a player talks smack about bettman or medvedev or fasel or whatever - no teammate is going to realistically care. the idea that kabanov's actions with respect to bolting russia is going to cause friction with potential national team teammates is, frankly, ludicrous. if he badmouthed the national team specifically, or the idea of playing for one's country, that would be a problem.
Seriously, are you kidding? NHL does not equal Bettman, and KHL or Russia does not equal Medvedev. If someone, for example like Tavares started bashing the NHL because of the rookie salaries what do you think would have happened? He would have became the most hated by all NHL fans. The number one rule in North American hockey the less you speak the better.

Siberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 01:13 PM
rananda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian View Post
If someone, for example like Tavares started bashing the NHL because of the rookie salaries what do you think would have happened? He would have became the most hated by all NHL fans.
yes, but we're talking about whether a player should be selected for the wjc team. what does that have to do with what the fans think? obviously, khl fans and salavat fans are going to hate kabanov. obviously. that is entirely reasonable. what im concerned with, should the wjc coach and the wjc players have anything against kabanov. i think the answer is clearly no.

rananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Siberian

Quote:
yes, but we're talking about whether a player should be selected for the wjc team. what does that have to do with what the fans think? obviously, khl fans and salavat fans are going to hate kabanov. obviously. that is entirely reasonable. what im concerned with, should the wjc coach and the wjc players have anything against kabanov. i think the answer is clearly no.
If Kabanov is a big negative for the whole chemistry of the team then he should not be part of the team. He is not a game-breaker so that would be okay by me. If he has good relationship with the teammates then let him play. I say there is no choice but have the trust in the coach's decision.

Old
11-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Zine

Quote:

Problem is that Kabanov looks to be a great teammate until he doesn’t get what he wants - then he and his dad start throwing temper tantrums.
Is a coach willing to take a risk with such a player?....especially now with a rumor of problems in Moncton?

Good example is his dad complaining about him being traded, as if trades are an injustice. Welcome to professional hockey!!! Did he forget Kabanov could be traded in major junior too?
It's great how he also sort of throws Khabarovsk under the bus.
Quote:
"Вообще если говорить о деньгах, то там Кирилл получает значительно меньше, я бы сказал, в разы, чем если бы он получал деньги в "Спартаке" или "Салавате Юлаеве", — начал вспоминать наболевшее Кабанов-старший. — Ни мне, ни сыну не понятно, почему в Северной Америке, когда ты подписываешь первый контракт на три года, тебя никуда не могут обменять. А здесь, подписав первый контракт на пять лет, тебя могут продать в "Амур", и даже не спросив".

I’d like to see him on the team, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was left off after all of this.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Garl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
stay on queue seniorita
It's just, well we all know how do you feel about Kabanov. I just hope you will not hurt yourself when somebody is bashing him on the internet. We will have hard time running this place without such a great clown as you.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 08:17 PM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
It's just, well we all know how do you feel about Kabanov. I just hope you will not hurt yourself when somebody is bashing him on the internet. We will have hard time running this place without such a great clown as you.
did i hurt your feelings seniorita? get over it

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Garl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
did i hurt your feelings seniorita? get over it
Hurt my feelings? Come on it's not that easy LOL.

And why seniorita? I thought we were clear on my gender no? Or it's some psycological thing for you, that you like to imagine that your internet "opponents" are females? Lack of women in your life?

Man you're weird sometimes.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 02:40 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
Hurt my feelings? Come on it's not that easy LOL.

And why seniorita? I thought we were clear on my gender no? Or it's some psycological thing for you, that you like to imagine that your internet "opponents" are females? Lack of women in your life?

Man you're weird sometimes.
whats wrong with seniorita? sorry if i was wrong

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Siberian

Plyuschev announced the players for Subway Challenge 2009 upcoming next week and Kabanov is not on the list but Kugryshev is.

Old
11-13-2009, 02:26 PM
rananda

well, id have to imagine that means kabanov wont be on the wjc team. anyone think differently? why not at least throw kabanov in the qjmhl games? im assuming tarasenko isnt on the roster bc he's too busy kicking ass in novosibirsk, but shoulndt Plyuschev reunite kabanov and tarasenko at the wjc?

Old
11-15-2009, 08:00 PM
cats4thecup

Quote:
well, id have to imagine that means kabanov wont be on the wjc team. anyone think differently? why not at least throw kabanov in the qjmhl games? im assuming tarasenko isnt on the roster bc he's too busy kicking ass in novosibirsk, but shoulndt Plyuschev reunite kabanov and tarasenko at the wjc?
The fact that Kabanov is hurt could be a factor.

cats4thecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 11:55 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Wasn't the team announced before the injury?

It's strange that Galiev wasn't invited as well. The Bashkirov twins played the two games in 2006 and they weren't as good as Galiev and Kabanov.

Are they 'persona non grata'?

SergeConstantin74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 02:00 PM
Siberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Wasn't the team announced before the injury?

It's strange that Galiev wasn't invited as well. The Bashkirov twins played the two games in 2006 and they weren't as good as Galiev and Kabanov.

Are they 'persona non grata'?
Yeah, had nothing to do with the injury. Kabanov played one game after the roster was announced and even scored a goal. Seems like Kabanov and Galiev will be ignored by Russian hockey federation I think.

Old
11-16-2009, 03:18 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Yeah, had nothing to do with the injury. Kabanov played one game after the roster was announced and even scored a goal. Seems like Kabanov and Galiev will be ignored by Russian hockey federation I think.
I guess thats what they get for leaving to play in North America. I think the way the RHF see's it is that if these guys leave Russia to develop in NA, then the Russian program doesn't look as strong. I can see why they wouldn't want to promote that.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 06:22 PM
Alpine

Kabanov injury report:
http://www.moncton-wildcats.com/en-c...ase.php?id=601

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I guess thats what they get for leaving to play in North America. I think the way the RHF see's it is that if these guys leave Russia to develop in NA, then the Russian program doesn't look as strong. I can see why they wouldn't want to promote that.
It has nothing to do with FHR. Coach Plyushev just doesn't like Kabanov.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 07:30 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
It has nothing to do with FHR. Coach Plyushev just doesn't like Kabanov.
Oh alright, sorry, I misunderstood. I thought it was to do with the RHF so I just assumed that may be the reason.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 10:13 AM
rananda

why are they still hiring dinosaurs like plyushev?

Last edited by rananda: 11-18-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old
11-19-2009, 12:31 PM
hockeychick018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
I heard on the radio this a.m. that he's having surgery on his wrist today and will be out for at least a couple of months. Too bad, I was hoping to catch a game soon and see what all the hype was about...

hockeychick018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeychick018 View Post
I heard on the radio this a.m. that he's having surgery on his wrist today and will be out for at least a couple of months. Too bad, I was hoping to catch a game soon and see what all the hype was about...
Yeppers heard that on the radio too. Out 10-12 weeks.

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
This may have something to do with things.

http://futureconsiderationsdotca.wor...-out-for-wjcs/

Quote:
“I won’t play there, for sure,” Kabanov said.

Though Kabanov’s current wrist injury is keeping him sidelined indefinitely, it isn’t the injury – an aggravation of an injury originally suffered eight months ago – that will keep him from representing his nation.

Instead, it will be head coach Vladimir Plyushchev that keeps Kabanov from participating in the event. Plyushchev re-inherits the role from former NHLer Sergei Nemchinov, who failed to find success with the junior program.

Russia last won the tournament in 2002 under Plyushchev’s guidance.

Plyushchev, said Kabanov, is the reason he won’t be participating in the holiday tournament.

“The coach from the team, the national team, he don’t love me at all,” Kabanov said before confirming he was referring to Plyushchev.

“He loves his country and he’ll never love me anymore. He used to love me but now we have problems with me running from Russia so he’ll never take me on the national team while he’s coach.”

Old
11-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Siberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Vickers View Post
This may have something to do with things.

http://futureconsiderationsdotca.wor...-out-for-wjcs/
Thanks for the info, Aaron. I think you were the one who argued with me on Zherdev year ago, weren't you?

Anyways, does this boy have a huge mouth. He says so many things that don't need to be said it's not even funny. Perhaps he is right that Plyyschev wasn't going to give him the spot anyways, but why does it matter since you are injured and out for the remainder of the regular season, why stir these things again? Just learn from the Canadians how to deal with media and perhaps things will get better.

Old
11-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Thanks for the info, Aaron. I think you were the one who argued with me on Zherdev year ago, weren't you?
Yes I was! You'll always be my favourite Russian poster on these boards!

We're working on trying to get something out of the coach for our WJC Guide, which everyone can pick up in December. We're doing pre-sales right now, so as soon as its released we email you a copy.

Aaron Vickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Perhaps he is right that Plyyschev wasn't going to give him the spot anyways, but why does it matter since you are injured and out for the remainder of the regular season, why stir these things again? Just learn from the Canadians how to deal with media and perhaps things will get better.
Isn't he out 10-12 weeks? CHL regular season isn't over yet then?

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 06:08 PM
cats4thecup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Isn't he out 10-12 weeks? CHL regular season isn't over yet then?
season ends like 2 months after hes back

cats4thecup is offline   Reply With Quote