HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whose No Cujo?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-10-2004, 09:30 PM
  #1
Verbal Kint*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Bunny Vatican
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,132
vCash: 500
Whose No Cujo?

Belfour absolutely dominated tonights game. Without him this contest could have gone either way. Belfour was pretty much the only reason we even stood a chance last year and with a better supporting cast this year, who says he can't win us a series. The man has stood on his head making saves ever since he joined this squad, so for those who jumped the gun earlier today and yesterday, for shame! The Eagle is the best hope for this club and I'd take him any day of the week over Joseph.

Verbal Kint* is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 09:53 PM
  #2
Christ
Registered User
 
Christ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,981
vCash: 500
Great post. I am in total agreement with everything you said.

Christ is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 09:56 PM
  #3
EdBelfour20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Belfour for playoff MVP

EdBelfour20 is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 09:58 PM
  #4
Raging Bull
Registered User
 
Raging Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Hamilton, ONT
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,984
vCash: 500
Belfour for Prime Minister!!!

Raging Bull is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 09:59 PM
  #5
GoM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,588
vCash: 500
I love Eddie as much as the next guy, but these 2 threads prove the fickleness of fans...after Game One, people were jumping all over him, after Game Two, people are loving him again. Me, I always supported him; everyone has bad games. But for christ's sake, people, stay somewhat consistent

GoM is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 10:07 PM
  #6
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 39,961
vCash: 500
it was one game

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 10:10 PM
  #7
Stajan_Steen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
What about ALL the rest he SAVED the Leafs?

Stajan_Steen is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 10:10 PM
  #8
Christ
Registered User
 
Christ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoM
I love Eddie as much as the next guy, but these 2 threads prove the fickleness of fans...after Game One, people were jumping all over him, after Game Two, people are loving him again. Me, I always supported him; everyone has bad games. But for christ's sake, people, stay somewhat consistent
I never jumped all over Belfour, nor do I remember any other person who has so far posted on this thread making any negative comments towards him (have missed something here?). Could it be that you are reading a thread started by several Leaf fans that have differing opinions from those who were "jumping all over Belfour" in the other thread?

Christ is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 10:13 PM
  #9
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 39,961
vCash: 500
in the playoffs cujo won us playoff rounds
we're still waiting with eddie

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 10:13 PM
  #10
Verbal Kint*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Bunny Vatican
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoM
I love Eddie as much as the next guy, but these 2 threads prove the fickleness of fans...after Game One, people were jumping all over him, after Game Two, people are loving him again. Me, I always supported him; everyone has bad games. But for christ's sake, people, stay somewhat consistent
I've also been behind Eddie the whole time and was disgusted at those who thought he couldn't get it done because of one game which could possibly be called weak (the Hossa goal was pretty bad).

If p.l.f. had bothered to watch the playoffs last year I'm pretty sure he'd realize that Eddie's our best chance this post-season.

Verbal Kint* is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 10:14 PM
  #11
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 39,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_Leafs_Forever
I've also been behind Eddie the whole time and was disgusted at those who thought he couldn't get it done because of one game which could possibly be called weak (the Hossa goal was pretty bad).

If p.l.f. had bothered to watch the playoffs last year I'm pretty sure he'd realize that Eddie's our best chance this post-season.
remember game 6 ?

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 10:15 PM
  #12
Schenn02
Registered User
 
Schenn02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: abroad
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,732
vCash: 500
Obviously Eddie isn't Cujo. If you're referring to the other thread about Cujo, I didn't bash Eddie. Sure I missed Cujo when he left but thats the past. Eddie's the one who's going to take us all the way. I find it funny though, I think I saw it on CBC but the last time the Leafs shut out an opponent in the playoffs was a game against Ottawa in 2002.

Schenn02 is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 10:17 PM
  #13
Verbal Kint*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Bunny Vatican
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
in the playoffs cujo won us playoff rounds
we're still waiting with eddie
Pass some of that stuff over man!

Cujo was horrible in the Islanders series two years ago and was letting in 4-6 goals in the three losses. He let in a truckload of goals in the first game against Ottawa, and let in plenty of weak goals (especially a few in OT) against Carolina. McCauley and Roberts carried the teams the last year Cujo was here, now Belfour is carrying the team atop his shoulders. Cujo does not even compare!

Verbal Kint* is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 10:18 PM
  #14
GoM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ
I never jumped all over Belfour, nor do I remember any other person who has so far posted on this thread making any negative comments towards him (have missed something here?). Could it be that you are reading a thread started by several Leaf fans that have differing opinions from those who were "jumping all over Belfour" in the other thread?
The other thread, 'Eddie's no Cujo', I dunno...I find it rather stupid of people to practically give up on a guy after one game, then love him the next

GoM is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 10:19 PM
  #15
Verbal Kint*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Bunny Vatican
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
remember game 6 ?
yes we won it in overtime. In game seven however Eddie broke down, along with the entire team. Bad giveaways, horrible poistional play, Eddie let in a couple opf bad goals, but he was left out to dry.

Verbal Kint* is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 10:21 PM
  #16
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 39,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_Leafs_Forever
Pass some of that stuff over man!

Cujo was horriblew in the Islanders series two years ago and was letting in 4-6 goals in the three losses. He let in a truckload of goals in the first game against Ottawa, and let in plenty of weak goals (especially a few in OT) against Carolina. McCauley and Roberts carried the teams the last year Cujo was here, now Belfour is carrying the team atop his shoulders. Cujo does not even compare!
but we still won that series with islanders
thus cujo came thru
and he had what, a broken hand ?

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 10:21 PM
  #17
Stajan_Steen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoM
The other thread, 'Eddie's no Cujo', I dunno...I find it rather stupid of people to practically give up on a guy after one game, then love him the next
Exactly.

Stajan_Steen is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 10:24 PM
  #18
Verbal Kint*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Bunny Vatican
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
but we still won that series with islanders
thus cujo came thru
and he had what, a broken hand ?
He had already recovered. Cujo had a team behind him against the Isles, Belfour had nothing, he may as well have been playing for Pittsburgh. Put cujo in the same series and it would be over in 6 max (for the Flyers if you were wondering).

Verbal Kint* is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 10:24 PM
  #19
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 39,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stajan_Steen
Exactly.
im not giving up on him at all
its more of a challenge

cujo has done more in the playoffs as a leaf obviously
and if we dont win this series the criticism remains fair
because cujo won us many series we didnt deserve to

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 10:28 PM
  #20
Stajan_Steen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
im not giving up on him at all
its more of a challenge

cujo has done more in the playoffs as a leaf obviously
and if we dont win this series the criticism remains fair
because cujo won us many series we didnt deserve to
I know. I wasn't here for the past few days but it sounds like everyone's getting down on Eddie because of game 1.

Stajan_Steen is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 10:28 PM
  #21
GoM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
cujo has done more in the playoffs as a leaf obviously
and if we dont win this series the criticism remains fair
because cujo won us many series we didnt deserve to
He was also in Toronto for, what, 4 or 5 years? This is Eddie's second in Toronto, he has the wily old vet experience, he has a Cup, his positional play is bar none, he can make the big and routine save, and most importantly, he rarely leaves his team out to dry. I'm not sure what goaltending you're watching, but me, personally, I'd take Eddie over Curtis Joseph any day. Maybe it's because I wasn't a huge Joseph fan to begin with, and I thank him for what he had done with his time here, but Belfour is the better goalie by a margin, not large, but noticeable, in my humble opinion.

GoM is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 10:31 PM
  #22
Verbal Kint*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Bunny Vatican
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stajan_Steen
I know. I wasn't here for the past few days but it sounds like everyone's getting down on Eddie because of game 1.
Psst. He's the one who started the "Belfour's no Cujo" thread.

Verbal Kint* is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 10:32 PM
  #23
Stajan_Steen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_Leafs_Forever
Psst. He's the one who started the "Belfour's no Cujo" thread.

Stajan_Steen is offline  
Old
04-10-2004, 10:44 PM
  #24
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 34,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_Leafs_Forever
I'd take him any day of the week over Joseph.
Belfour's great, amazing, but can we just be appreciative of Cujo for once? Lok at the Leafs roster during all those years. We had Steve Thomas and Sergei Berezin. Joseph absolutely stole a bunch of playoff series wins for us.

Stephen is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 11:59 AM
  #25
Hockey Talker29
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Belfour's great, amazing, but can we just be appreciative of Cujo for once? Lok at the Leafs roster during all those years. We had Steve Thomas and Sergei Berezin. Joseph absolutely stole a bunch of playoff series wins for us.
I'm curious to know which series you think Cujo stole for us. For the most part, I watched a goalie almost lose to teams that were significantly worse than the Leafs on a number of occassions.

Hockey Talker29 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.