HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Two rookies of the year???

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2004, 02:10 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Two rookies of the year???

There's some chance: Ryder in the NHL and Perez/Higgins in the AHL. If that happen, does it will be the fisrt time? That would be soooooo cool.

Old
04-10-2004, 02:12 PM
mflo77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
There's some chance: Ryder in the NHL and Perez/Higgins in the AHL. If that happen, does it will be the fisrt time? That would be soooooo cool.

maybe you havent heard of a goalie named Raycroft. But I will give Ryder credit...he will be a consistent 30 goal man each year.

Old
04-10-2004, 02:15 PM
prabak11

Send a message via MSN to prabak11 Send a message via Yahoo to prabak11
what is wrong with ryder...he is supposed to be a consistent player like he has been all season but he is invisble in the playoffs!

Old
04-10-2004, 02:26 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabby
what is wrong with ryder...he is supposed to be a consistent player like he has been all season but he is invisble in the playoffs!
Everybody is invissible in the playoffs.

Old
04-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mflo77
maybe you havent heard of a goalie named Raycroft. But I will give Ryder credit...he will be a consistent 30 goal man each year.
I didn't say Ryder will win the Calder...I just say he could win it but I dougt it. Same case for Higgins and Perez in the AHL. They have a chance to win it but they are not sure...

Old
04-11-2004, 09:54 AM
Cariboux

I think that the NHL should have a defensive rookie of the year and an offensive rookie of the year...

Old
04-11-2004, 10:24 AM
furax

Send a message via ICQ to furax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboux
I think that the NHL should have a defensive rookie of the year and an offensive rookie of the year...
I don't think so... Usally there aren't many candidates for this trophy...

Plus beside Raycroft, who will be candidate for the Defensive rookie of the year?

Pitkanen? he is an offensive defenseman...

Old
04-11-2004, 10:27 AM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabby
These kind of posts are the ones that make you look like a troll on this board.
You're constantly bashing one individual, when the whole team is struggling... it's not Ryder's problem scoring goals, it's the whole team's problem. You don't seem to understand that.

Old
04-11-2004, 10:42 AM
HabsoluteFate

The problem with Raycroft is he isnt a rookie

Not in my books anyways...he had NHL experience before this year. Personally i think in order for rookie of the year awards they shoudl change it so that you need to have played 0 games previously in the NHL. 20 games is a ridiculous advantage over someone who's never played a game in the NHL before that would deserve the honors. To me someone like Patrice Bergeron is more deserving of the award than Raycroft because of that one fact. Same goes for Ryder.

Old
04-11-2004, 11:30 AM
prabak11

Send a message via MSN to prabak11 Send a message via Yahoo to prabak11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
These kind of posts are the ones that make you look like a troll on this board.
You're constantly bashing one individual, when the whole team is struggling... it's not Ryder's problem scoring goals, it's the whole team's problem. You don't seem to understand that.
i dont care about the goals...its the effort that matters!!! i see koivu,begin working very hard all the time but when i see ryder he is not the same as he was in the season! that ryder always worked hard!...maybe he is just having a rough time, im just saying things what i saw in the game!

Old
04-11-2004, 11:47 AM
NWT Habs Fan

Perezhogin is likely not going to win the AHL rookie title, but you have to be impressed with his season. He had a really slow start with all the adjustments that he had to do, but he really finished the regular season strong, strong, strong. He ended up only 2 points out of the rookie scoring race. Higgins was just 4 off. Nice job by those two.

Old
04-11-2004, 12:19 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
Perezhogin is likely not going to win the AHL rookie title, but you have to be impressed with his season. He had a really slow start with all the adjustments that he had to do, but he really finished the regular season strong, strong, strong. He ended up only 2 points out of the rookie scoring race. Higgins was just 4 off. Nice job by those two.
Why one of them couldn't win it? They are both young if you look the other rookie in front of them and they are very close of them in point...Higgins play something like 10 games less so maybe he's the real scoring leader(rookie). But the winner is not the one who have the most point...

Old
04-11-2004, 12:23 PM
habitants9_4

Wade Dubielewicz won the AHL rookie of the year award....Just as Raycroft will win it in the NHL. Unless the Habs eliminate the Bruins, then I'll give the benfit of the doubt to Ryder.

Old
04-11-2004, 01:02 PM
Traitor8

I don't care for those rookie of the year awards
Important thing is they keep working hard and playing within the system.

Future Line-up ???

Kostsitsyn-Koivu-Kovalev
Zednik-Ribeiro-Ryder
Bulis-Higgins-Perezhogin
Langdon-Begin-Ward

Now Hossa,Plekanec don't have space..isn't that a fun problem? lol

Old
04-11-2004, 01:45 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate
Not in my books anyways...he had NHL experience before this year. Personally i think in order for rookie of the year awards they shoudl change it so that you need to have played 0 games previously in the NHL. 20 games is a ridiculous advantage over someone who's never played a game in the NHL before that would deserve the honors. To me someone like Patrice Bergeron is more deserving of the award than Raycroft because of that one fact. Same goes for Ryder.
I agree that i might be a slight advantage to have played 20 NHL games but I wouldn't really call it a "ridiculous" advantage. I think the age is a bigger factor. I think a player who is 19 but played 20 games in the last season is more deserving of the rookie of the year award than a 23 year old who hadn't played an NHL game before (if they both had pretty even seasons). I don't think that the criteria the league has setup needs some changing. Although, I dont think I'd be opposed to having a offensive and defensive rookie of the year. Anyhow, good luck to Ryder on getting the award, but I think it'll be pretty tough to steal it from Raycroft who has been one of the top netminders of the league this year.

Closed Thread