HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/26/09 NY Islanders @ Montreal 730PM RDS/MSG+

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2009, 11:45 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
lol red hot... beat two mediocre teams saving 45 in those two games combined and won in over time after giving up 4 goals.... two of which were not the most difficult to stop...
interesting.....

Old
10-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Disclose

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moen in Glory View Post
It's all good. I fixed it now
****ing hilarious.

Old
10-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Habsfan18
The Future

vCash: 500
I'll predict 4-2 Habs.

Goals by Cammalleri, Kostitsyn, Hamrlik and Gionta.

Old
10-26-2009, 11:50 AM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
lol red hot... beat two mediocre teams saving 45 in those two games combined and won in over time after giving up 4 goals.... two of which were not the most difficult to stop...
interesting.....

Was talking about Pavalec...

Old
10-26-2009, 11:54 AM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
is there a clip of laraque's reaction after gionta scored in the shootout vs atl?

Old
10-26-2009, 11:54 AM
oli500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabs View Post
Stop trying to build up the confidence of one player, what about the confidence of the TEAM? Let Price learn a bit from Halak and his work ethic. Price needs some challenges, let's see if he's that good, if he has that much character.
And in any case building ones confidence can back fire, lets say we put price in net vs the isl and the habs loose then once again the question will start up again. In my opinion its a non debate. play halak until he looses and when that happens you put carrey price in net. that simple but in mtl its not allways that simple. We need to win this game so you go with the hot hand and if halak fails then you go back with price and see if he can bounce back. If you start playing u round with a winning formula that is when you get in trouble and people start asking questions and a contreversy begins

We need this win as I will keep saying hockey is a game of confidence and momentum. Playing the penguins on a winning note is much better then playing them after a loss to a team like the islenders. We need to win this game.

Old
10-26-2009, 11:55 AM
habsrock60

I like both goalies but how do you think Price feels? Many of you agree to ride the hot hand which I agree with to a certain extent. However, where was this philosophy at the begining of the season? Price was the only reason why we won in our first seven games. But, he was benched in Calgary after playing better than Halak has in these past three games. Where were all of you saying ride the hot hand then?

This Price hate, Halak love is just the cool thing to do around here. Don't get me wrong, it's great he's seized an opportunity and ran with it and I'm cheering for him every step of the way, but I feel Price is kinda getting shafted a little bit too.

Old
10-26-2009, 11:55 AM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
do you watch practices?

cause everything ive heard about Price at practice is that he has been working really hard all year and much more attentive and energetic than last year. So im not sure where your getting that from.
I've been to their latest practice vs the Rangers..

Price and Halak were at both ends of the ice.. on one side, you see Price standing.. letting pucks go in the net.. on the other side you have Halak moving like he's playing a real game.

I'm only basing my opinion on that 1 practice i saw live.

Price did stay an extra 20-25 minutes to tackle certain stuffs like rebound redirection (pretty cool), and sharp angle coverage.

Old
10-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Moen in Glory
Sidebar is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
is there a clip of laraque's reaction after gionta scored in the shootout vs atl?

Old
10-26-2009, 11:57 AM
BeBen*

Quote:
LOL win

Old
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
I've been to their latest practice vs the Rangers..

Price and Halak were at both ends of the ice.. on one side, you see Price standing.. letting pucks go in the net.. on the other side you have Halak moving like he's playing a real game.

I'm only basing my opinion on that 1 practice i saw live.

Price did stay an extra 20-25 minutes to tackle certain stuffs like rebound redirection (pretty cool), and sharp angle coverage.
what was your impression of the new goalie coach?

Old
Ado*

4-0

Cammalleri
Cammalleri
Bergeron
Gionta

Gomez 3 assists

Old
10-26-2009, 11:59 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock60 View Post
I like both goalies but how do you think Price feels? Many of you agree to ride the hot hand which I agree with to a certain extent. However, where was this philosophy at the begining of the season? Price was the only reason why we won in our first seven games. But, he was benched in Calgary after playing better than Halak has in these past three games. Where were all of you saying ride the hot hand then?

This Price hate, Halak love is just the cool thing to do around here. Don't get me wrong, it's great he's seized an opportunity and ran with it and I'm cheering for him every step of the way, but I feel Price is kinda getting shafted a little bit too.
It's not about riding the "hot" hand. It's about riding the winning hand (which is what people mean by "hot hand" when talking about Halak). Halak did not backstop us to those 3 wins. He was good enough and the team in front of him showed up. You ride the "hot hand" in hopes to keep winning - it's as simple as that.

Old
10-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

6-2

Cammalleri
Cammalleri
Gomez
Spacek
Kostitsyn
Kostitsyn

Old
10-26-2009, 12:03 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:

Old
10-26-2009, 12:03 PM
BeBen*

So far with all the predictions, no goals for MAB lol

here's mine for fun

5-2

Cammalleri
Gionta
Gomez
MAB
(Pick your random 3rd-4th liner)
Actually...i'll go with Moen

Old
10-26-2009, 12:07 PM
GoodKiwi

9-1

Cammalleri
Kostitsyn
Kostitsyn
Kostisyn
Cammalleri
Gionta
Gionta
Gomez
MAB

Old
10-26-2009, 12:08 PM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
9-1

Cammalleri
Kostitsyn
Kostitsyn
Kostisyn
Cammalleri
Gionta
Gionta
Gomez
MAB

Dude i've been saying for a while, every night there's a team just WTFPWNING the competition, can't wait for it to be us, god damn id love a 9-1 game

Old
10-26-2009, 12:10 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

MTL 3 : NYI 2

Gionta
Mara
Latendresse

Old
10-26-2009, 12:12 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

I would have liked to see Price get in there but I appreciate Martin's decision to keep the streak going. One area where Carbo really failed was the handling of our goalies. As another poster mentioned, he would always defy regular NHL logic and play the wrong guy the wrong night, I trust Martin's judgment in this respect.

Price is not a grizzled vet and this will do him some good, if he wants the number one job he has to earn it and steal it back. This will benefit him and the team in the long run.

Oh and we win tonight, I smell chicken wings!

Old
10-26-2009, 12:12 PM
m00ks

Halak is one heck of a goaltender to trump so Price better get his game in order. I'm alright with this decision since we're finally showing Halak the respect he deserves. He earned it.

Old
10-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Can the Habs win without Mark.... I mean Metro?
Good question. Montréal is 4-0-0 with him in the line up and 1-5 without him.

Go habs go!

Surprised to see Halak in nets, maybe they're giving him another chance to get his shutout...

Win habbies!

Old
10-26-2009, 12:14 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
Dude i've been saying for a while, every night there's a team just WTFPWNING the competition, can't wait for it to be us, god damn id love a 9-1 game
Seriously, wouldn't that be nice, eh?

I doubt it will be that lopsided though. I think we either win or lose by a goal tonight. Maybe an empty netter to seal the deal for either team.

My first home game (as in game watched from the comfort of my own house) in Canadian HD!

Old
10-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock60 View Post

There's a huge difference -- we were playing in back-to-back games. I think normally Price would have been given the first game, but he was allowed to play in the Vancouver game instead as a courtesy (well, in theory, the rest of the team didn't help with that). When you have two good young goalies, there's no reason to play them in back-to-back situations, especially when one hasn't been in goal for awhile.

And again, for the record, I would have started Price tonight to keep him fresh. He'll play this weekend though no matter how Halak is performing because we have back-to-back games and as far as I'm concerned that's how it should be.

Old
10-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Last week the Isles came in town having playing the night before,now they are a little more rested,see if that makes a difference.We should still come out on top and give a huge offensive performance

GO GO

Closed Thread