HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers scouting the Habs

Old
10-27-2009, 12:19 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
wow - what a source chain. Looking at the CTV link (what this all originated from), it seems to be speculation at best based on the fact that the oilers scout has been watching montreal. Could be something, could be nothing.

Wouldnt be surprised if tom gilbert ended up in montreal somehow.

10-27-2009, 12:35 AM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
Macintyre is just as good if not better than Laraque, he's a great fighter and a great hitter, especially on the forcheck. Over the summer he really worked on his skating and it's noticably better.. so he actually has almost got an all around game on him.
Sometimes its not a bad thing to look at a player objectively rather than the extreme homerism you exhibit. Laraque is a better fighter by far. I'll agree that Smac is a better hitter, but every other area of the game Big Georges trumps Macintyre. Hell, Big Georges has a hatty on his resume which is more goals than Macintyre's NHL career, and as many as his AHL career, all achieved in one game.

As far as your opinion that the Oil get screwed in my proposed deal, how else can you get out of Horc's deal without taking some poor contracts in return?
Horc>AK
Grebs>Spacek
But AK and Spacek are both overpaid by .5 and .75mil respectively over the next 3yrs, Horc is overpaid by about 1.25mil for the next 6. We aren't a team that's one player away right now, but 3yrs from now Gagner will be close to entering his prime, Hemmer will need to be re-signed, and having Horc's 5.5 hit off the books will help to build around those guys.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 02:37 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
A fourth line of Laraque Brule Stortini - I like the looks of that from an Oilers' point of view; that is, if Laraque will play as 'we' need him to.

I would also like to see Guillaume Latendresse as an Oiler.
Why do they put brulé to the fourth line? What did not he show that he can play in a higher line? Or is he signated? The same case is Cogliano. But Horcoff plays in the second line + a big ice-time despite of his bad achievments. I can compare Horcoff to Výborný. He played bad and despite of he played in the first or second line + a big time.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 04:06 AM
ncredible

Well when you look at our line up, where would Andrei & Sergei Kostitsyn fit? I could see Plekanec fitting in as we could really upgrade our center men. ( both Kostitsyns and Plekanec have been rumoured to be what the Edmonton/Montreal trade is about )

Penner - Gagner - Hemsky
O'Sullivan - Horcoff - Comrie
Jacques - Brule - Stone ( Nilsson, due to stone being injured )
Moreau - Cogliano - Stortini

I'd like to take out Moreau and replace him on the 4th line with Jacques.

Cogliano deffiently doesn't belong on the 4th line, especially taking face off's as he needs to be on wing. So that tells me he could be traded, one of him or PO'S are traded imo.

I really don't know how these teams would make the trade work, but I'd like to see something happen.

I thought for sure Montreal would have wanted Tom Gilbert and let's say Cogliano.

ncredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 04:17 AM
nullmeatbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncredible View Post
I thought for sure Montreal would have wanted Tom Gilbert and let's say Cogliano.
Gilbert seems like someone who might be moved, just to save some cap space next year for the likes of Gags, Cogs, Brule, Grebs, and Deslauriers.

I just don't think anyone on Montreal would be really worth moving Gilby for.

nullmeatbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 05:46 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Edmonton would gladly take that trade. Nilson barely makes the roster and won't be dressed with both Brule and Pisani are back.

Moreau is overpaid and takes a fair number of penalties when given 3rd line minutes or better.

I can't imagine Montreal accepting this deal.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 08:12 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
Hab fans, what would it take to get Kyle Chipchura? I think he could really develop into Jarret Stoll-like 3rd line center in Edmonton.
I don't think you'd get a realistic answer here on the Chipchura question. He seems to have somehow accumulated a mob of unappreciative Habs fans who would chortle in ignorance about the Stoll hope. Personally, I tend to agree with you. He doesn't have any shooting ability to speak of, however, but I think his passing and vision are vastly underrated by Habs fans who haven't watched him play much. That said, his real forte is mucking in the corners and cycling the puck down low.

Some Habs fans will probably come in and say they'd trade him for a 7th round pick, since he's a bust. Or for whoever you care to pick as a near-waivers square peg not fitting on your roster. Personally, I wouldn't trade him. After missing training camp, he has taken 10 games getting up to speed and now is challenging for a 3rd line role and responsibilities. He's on the verge of finally chipping in some points too, he has had some close ones lately. To me, he's showing himself to be a fair return on the 1st round investment we made in him. So I don't trade him for a late 1st rounder (or equivalent value). But I don't think your team should consider ponying up at that price level either, he still has a way to go to fulfill those hopes. End of the day, players like that probably don't get traded at this point in the season. Not by themselves, anyway. Deadline deals for rentals, or in packages for impact players, I guess that's where younger guys move more readily. I think it's too early to say where the Habs or Oilers would be relative to those considerations... ?

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 12:40 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncredible View Post
Well when you look at our line up, where would Andrei & Sergei Kostitsyn fit? I could see Plekanec fitting in as we could really upgrade our center men. ( both Kostitsyns and Plekanec have been rumoured to be what the Edmonton/Montreal trade is about )

Penner - Gagner - Hemsky
O'Sullivan - Horcoff - Comrie
Jacques - Brule - Stone ( Nilsson, due to stone being injured )
Moreau - Cogliano - Stortini

I'd like to take out Moreau and replace him on the 4th line with Jacques.

Cogliano deffiently doesn't belong on the 4th line, especially taking face off's as he needs to be on wing. So that tells me he could be traded, one of him or PO'S are traded imo.

I really don't know how these teams would make the trade work, but I'd like to see something happen.

I didn't think Edmonton was willing to part with Cogliano I would love for the Habs to get him even Gilbert....

But would Edmonton accept:

Kostitsyn Brothers + Gorges + 2nd round pick either in '10 or '11

for

Gilbert + Cogliano + Moreau

Gionta Gomez Cammalleri
Moreau Plekanec Cogliano
Latendresse Lapierre D'agostini
Pacioretty Chipchura Moen

ex Laraque/ Metropolit

Markov Spacek
Gilbert Hamrlik
Mara Bergeron/ Gill

Hemsky Horcoff O'Sullivan
Penner Gagner A.Kostitsyn
Jaques Comrie S.Kostitsyn
Stortini Brule Nilsson

ex. Stone, Pouliot, MacIntyre, Pisani(when he comes back).

Visnovsky Souray
Grebishkov Gorges
Smid Staios

ex. Strudwick, Peckham, Chorney

Last edited by BigHabs: 10-27-2009 at 01:20 PM.
BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Sometimes its not a bad thing to look at a player objectively rather than the extreme homerism you exhibit. Laraque is a better fighter by far. I'll agree that Smac is a better hitter, but every other area of the game Big Georges trumps Macintyre. Hell, Big Georges has a hatty on his resume which is more goals than Macintyre's NHL career, and as many as his AHL career, all achieved in one game.

As far as your opinion that the Oil get screwed in my proposed deal, how else can you get out of Horc's deal without taking some poor contracts in return?
Horc>AK
Grebs>Spacek
But AK and Spacek are both overpaid by .5 and .75mil respectively over the next 3yrs, Horc is overpaid by about 1.25mil for the next 6. We aren't a team that's one player away right now, but 3yrs from now Gagner will be close to entering his prime, Hemmer will need to be re-signed, and having Horc's 5.5 hit off the books will help to build around those guys.
There really is no homerism when it comes to Laraque.. we have had him before and we know how great a guy he is. To me both MacIntyre and Laraque belong up in the PB for 50 games and are only to be used once in a while. MacIntyre is as good a fighter as Laraque since we have yet to see him lose a fight cleanly. I included Laraque in my proposal as a salary dump and not for his hockey skills.. he would be a PB guy in Edm and could do his community work in town that he loves doing. Spacek snubbed us once already.. we have no interest in him now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Why do they put brulé to the fourth line? What did not he show that he can play in a higher line? Or is he signated? The same case is Cogliano. But Horcoff plays in the second line + a big ice-time despite of his bad achievments. I can compare Horcoff to Výborný. He played bad and despite of he played in the first or second line + a big time.
There really isnt much diff between edmontons 4th and 2nd line.. Jacques-Brule-Stortini is a great crash n bang line.. probably our 2nd best line since the other 2 lines have been nothing but sucky these past few games. Horcoff is winning more faceoffs the Brule and is more sound defensively.. Brule will get his ice time if he continues to play like he was pre flu.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 01:09 PM
RC51

Habs need a top BIG center, the Oil don't have any so the Oil don't have any good for the Habs that's it.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Habs need a top BIG center, the Oil don't have any so the Oil don't have any good for the Habs that's it.
Well that settles that....whew I was getting worried that we might get stuck with the Kostitsyn freaks

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 03:03 PM
BigHabs

http://hendrickshockey.com/index.php...mors&Itemid=90

http://twitter.com/*************

States that the Oilers are interested in Tomas Plekanec, Andrei Kostitsyn, and Kyle Chipchura. As the Canadiens are interested in Grebishkov, Gilbert, JF Jacques.

These two sites I watched during the offseason for signings and trades, they had alot before TSN even had the info.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
wow - what a source chain. Looking at the CTV link (what this all originated from), it seems to be speculation at best based on the fact that the oilers scout has been watching montreal. Could be something, could be nothing.
Every night in every NHL arena scouts from other NHL organizations are present. If we had a thread for every time a Kings scout showed up at an Avalanche game, or a Stars scout at a Thrashers game, etc. the board would be littered with these things. This is a non-story if ever there was one.

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 03:32 PM
Clownpipe*
Whitney Smash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor506 View Post
http://hendrickshockey.com/index.php...mors&Itemid=90

http://twitter.com/*************

States that the Oilers are interested in Tomas Plekanec, Andrei Kostitsyn, and Kyle Chipchura. As the Canadiens are interested in Grebishkov, Gilbert, JF Jacques.

These two sites I watched during the offseason for signings and trades, they had alot before TSN even had the info.

haha not a chance

Clownpipe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Live Breathe Hockey

What do you guys think of this as an idea?

TO: EDM
Horton + Latendresse (cap hit = $4.803)
New cap hit = $58.643 (cap space = $1.826)

TO MTL:
Grebeshkov + Pouliot + FLA 4th + EDM Prospect (cap hit = $4.0750)
New cap hit = $58.440 (cap space = $0.010)

TO FLA:
Kostits bros + nilsson (cap hit = $6.067)
New cap hit = $57.166 (space = $0.665)

Cap wise it works for everyone, what does everyone think for actual trades?

Cap hits include teams LTIR and bonus cushions in case you were wondering why the cap hits and spaces are different... thanks

Live Breathe Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 03:57 PM
ryz

Oilers looking to pick up yet another smallish, fast, softish perimeter forward. That's just what they need. I'll bet the Oilers forward group isn't much bigger than Montreals right now as it is.

ryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Plekanec is a small pass first forward and he is putting up points this season... I doubt MTL gives him up or EDM wants him.. buying high is not the smartest..

Chipchura is a local kid who is big<ish> and is decent on the dot. AK is low risk high reward player who can flourish like Ribero\Ryder or bust like Higgins once traded from MTL.

Jacque's value is at all time high at the moment due to his "hits" stats..

Once Souray returns:

Gilbert + Jacques + (Moreau\Nilsson) (~6.5M)
for
Chipchura + AK (both RFAs at the end of the year) (~4M)

MTL has cap room this year due to Markov being on LTIR and will have cap room next year since they wont have to resign AK and Chipchura..

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 06:15 PM
The Head Crusher

vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
No big story, teams scout other teams all the time even when they aren't considering making a trade.

10-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
He's not he's playing on the third line getting about 12 minutes a game before he got sick. The guy is just suggesting a 4th line role though I don't know why.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Garry Valk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Head Crusher View Post
No big story, teams scout other teams all the time even when they aren't considering making a trade.
Not the chief scout, for a full week.

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Gusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
Not the chief scout, for a full week.
And certainly not a team that's in the other Conference.

Gusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryz View Post
Oilers looking to pick up yet another smallish, fast, softish perimeter forward. That's just what they need. I'll bet the Oilers forward group isn't much bigger than Montreals right now as it is.
Have you watched an Oilers game this season? The Oilers are noticably bigger and meaner.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Quote:

Horc>AK
Grebs>Spacek
Grebeshkov was the deal breaker for me..

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
Have you watched an Oilers game this season? The Oilers are noticably bigger and meaner.
Lol. I try to watch as many Oiler games as I can and this definitely is NOT the case. Sadly everyone seems to think Montreal's size is solely based on the top line of Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta, when Edmonton has players like Gagner, Hemsky, Horcoff, Comrie, etc. Size means nothing if they can't produce. Only player doing that for you is Penner.

Seth Rollins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Horc>AK
Grebs>Spacek
I don't see how Akost is overpaid. Oh that's right, 11 games into the season dictates how his salary should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Breathe Hockey View Post
What do you guys think of this as an idea?

TO: EDM
Horton + Latendresse (cap hit = $4.803)
New cap hit = $58.643 (cap space = $1.826)

TO MTL:
Grebeshkov + Pouliot + FLA 4th + EDM Prospect (cap hit = $4.0750)
New cap hit = $58.440 (cap space = $0.010)

TO FLA:
Kostits bros + nilsson (cap hit = $6.067)
New cap hit = $57.166 (space = $0.665)

Cap wise it works for everyone, what does everyone think for actual trades?

Cap hits include teams LTIR and bonus cushions in case you were wondering why the cap hits and spaces are different... thanks

Pass. Montréal doesn't need Grebeskhov. Gilbert is someone the habs would want more. If Pouliot is coming to the habs because he's a hometown boy, why don't we just keep a more important hometown boy in Latendresse ?

Tom Gilbert, if Montréal were looking at another defenseman would be the one they want. He's a right handed shot and good defensively and was top 10 in even strength points for d last year.

If Montréal trades no d to get Gilbert, their d depth would be:
Markov**
Bergeron
Gill
Mara
Hamrlik
Spacek
Gorges
Gilbert

O'bryne **
Weber
Henry
Belle

Carle
Subban

(** = injured)

8 Capable NHL defenseman. 4 with a couple of games under their belt and then Carle and Subban as rookies.

Hamrlik has been doing a great job at replacing what Markov brings. Spacek, Mara and Gill are recent signings and won't be traded, mainly because it will make it harder to attract more UFAs. Bergeron is one as well and helps our pp. That leaves Gorges who's a bargain at his current contract.

I honestly don't see what they could be scouting.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote