HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Is Patrice Bergeron CHL eligible for next season?

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2004, 11:54 PM
speeds

vCash: 500
Is Patrice Bergeron CHL eligible for next season?

I would imagine all the young guys, like Staal, Horton and Bergeron would like to play next year, maybe they'll try catching on with a pro club in Europe, or what have you, and I'm guessing they wouldn't be AHL eligible (under 20, but does that apply after you've played a full NHL season?), but if those options don't play out could they play CHL hockey next season, as a last resort to make sure they keep playing?

Old
04-11-2004, 12:00 AM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds
I would imagine all the young guys, like Staal, Horton and Bergeron would like to play next year, maybe they'll try catching on with a pro club in Europe, or what have you, and I'm guessing they wouldn't be AHL eligible (under 20, but does that apply after you've played a full NHL season?), but if those options don't play out could they play CHL hockey next season, as a last resort to make sure they keep playing?
The majority of the players you list can play in the CHL next season if there is a strike.

Old
04-11-2004, 12:02 AM
Fedz

That would be a scary dominance in the CHL.

Old
04-11-2004, 12:03 AM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
That would be one hell of a season in the CHL if they went back...All though I rather have them play in the NHL ..obviosly I'm hoping there is an NHL next year.

Old
04-11-2004, 08:04 AM
VOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedz
That would be a scary dominance in the CHL.

What is scarier is that they would also be eligible to play for Team Canada during the upcoming W.J.C. in North Dokota. Should we just tell Canada not to even bother showing up and mail them the gold medal?

Old
04-11-2004, 09:13 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOB
What is scarier is that they would also be eligible to play for Team Canada during the upcoming W.J.C. in North Dokota. Should we just tell Canada not to even bother showing up and mail them the gold medal?

If the games were won on paper I would agree with you.

Old
04-11-2004, 10:11 AM
Sticky*

Staal wouldn't be able to play at the WJC's, as he is a late 84. But you're right about Bergeron and Horton, who are both 85's.

Old
04-11-2004, 10:51 AM
The Pucks

During the last strike players went to junior and played. It was great till the strike was settled, it then screwed up a few teams.

Old
04-11-2004, 11:35 AM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOB

Yeah,sort of like the past year when Canada had Sidney Crosby and Marc-Andre Fleury...we all know how that turned out. :gman:

Old
04-11-2004, 11:44 AM
VOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Yeah,sort of like the past year when Canada had Sidney Crosby and Marc-Andre Fleury...we all know how that turned out. :gman:

Actually Canada had one of the youngest teams at the tournament and were not considered the favorites. I myself expected them to finish around fourth. Considering that they almost did beat the U.S. and that the majority of that team is eligible to come back, they have to be considered the favorite to win this year.

Old
04-12-2004, 12:20 PM
RockLobster
Damnit, Jian Yang!

vCash: 844
I'm still relatively new to this board.

Does the CHL that is referred to in this thread the CHL that houses such teams as the Wichita Thunder *which would kick ASS because I live in Kansas and Wichita Thunder is the only live hockey I get here*, the Colorado Eagles, the Bossier-Shreeveport Mudbugs and other teams?

Like I said, if so, that'd kick some ass if some of those players signed...anywhere, because their bound to play Wichita sometime.

By the way, the Thunder was just eliminated from the playoffs, but they were the clear underdog of the PO's as they eliminated top-ranked Colorado Eagles in the first series.

That team has some good players...too bad most of them reached their potential, and that is the CHL.

Old
04-12-2004, 12:36 PM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGuy2325
I'm still relatively new to this board.

Does the CHL that is referred to in this thread the CHL that houses such teams as the Wichita Thunder *which would kick ASS because I live in Kansas and Wichita Thunder is the only live hockey I get here*, the Colorado Eagles, the Bossier-Shreeveport Mudbugs and other teams?

Like I said, if so, that'd kick some ass if some of those players signed...anywhere, because their bound to play Wichita sometime.

By the way, the Thunder was just eliminated from the playoffs, but they were the clear underdog of the PO's as they eliminated top-ranked Colorado Eagles in the first series.

That team has some good players...too bad most of them reached their potential, and that is the CHL.
Different CHL......

Those teams are from the Central hockey league, the teenagers refered to in the thread could return to the Canadian (major junior) Hockey league, in the event of a strike.

Rick Nash could also return to junior as an overager, could he not? It's more likely he would find a European team to play for, but even this year the Knights had Nash on their eligibility list. A line of: Nash - Schremp - Perry would look pretty good next year.

Old
04-13-2004, 01:41 AM
Don Draper

I am not too sure if Nash would go back to juniors. He would be jeopardizing alot if he went back, and i doubt he wants to ride the buses again. Remember, this guy made between 5-8 mill this year, if he gets injured playing junior, he could be kicking himself as far as bonuses for the next year are concerned.

Old
04-13-2004, 01:49 AM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

I imagine that any of these guys would be able to play in the AHL if they wanted. Since the CBA is expiring, rules like the "CHL players have to be optioned back to their junior teams before they can go to the AHL" will likely no longer apply.

Old
04-13-2004, 11:50 AM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M. Fletcher
I am not too sure if Nash would go back to juniors. He would be jeopardizing alot if he went back, and i doubt he wants to ride the buses again. Remember, this guy made between 5-8 mill this year, if he gets injured playing junior, he could be kicking himself as far as bonuses for the next year are concerned.
Not likely at all, but technically possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon
I imagine that any of these guys would be able to play in the AHL if they wanted. Since the CBA is expiring, rules like the "CHL players have to be optioned back to their junior teams before they can go to the AHL" will likely no longer apply.
Since they've established themselves as NHL'ers they would be scabs if they played in the AHL, a league directly affiliated with the NHL.

Old
04-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhower
Since they've established themselves as NHL'ers they would be scabs if they played in the AHL, a league directly affiliated with the NHL.
"Scab work" only applies to strikes, not lockouts.

Closed Thread