HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeff Tambellini

Old
10-31-2009, 09:45 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger View Post
Three more goals tonight.
He's on a roll. Let's hope it continues.

10-31-2009, 10:08 PM
IslesFan23

His hard work is starting to pay off. I am happy for him, finally getting the bounces to go his way.

Now if we can only get Bergie to start scoring.

IslesFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 10:16 PM
whatarush1234

It looks like he is letting the game come to him more and is adjusting it to a speed that is comfortable to him which is allowing for the increase in scoring

whatarush1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 10:27 PM
Islandersfan1621

Tamby is definitely looking good. Glad to his his hard work is paying off. I wouldn't change anything and just let him play the way he has the past week. Hopefully he can really breakout and show his skill to everyone.

Islandersfan1621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 11:12 PM
WHARF1940

kudos to the kid, he's obviously working hard and the talent he showed in the A is starting to show in the big league. Hope it keeps up!!

WHARF1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 09:03 AM
isle 24

I talk to an ex coach with the Soundtigers who worked with Jeff and Frans alot. He always said that Jeff would make it in the NHL. I ws never to sure abou

isle 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 09:34 AM
HyeDray
HFB Partner

I dont want to get too over anxious, but perhaps he is finding his stride and getting comfortable enough to start producing at the NHL level.

I have been a strong advocate for giving Tambellini time on these boards when many others have been urging the team to dump him.

We may watch him continue to produce modestly here and net 18-22 goals or he may have just gotten a hot streak and finish the year with 8 goals. More time is needed for sure.

One thing is clear—

If he starts producing regularly, and he can contribute 18-22 goals, he would have earned himself another NHL deal witht he Isles and I think he will be a nice secondary asset.

If he can maintain a reasonable pace to get into the high 20s he will have developed into the player we all have hoped for. He could give us a 3rd player to hit the 20 goal mark with Okposo and Tavares should they reach the mark. Moulsen as well could break 20, and if we can get a healthy Hunter back—perhaps he can begin to get to his 20 goal plateau.

All in all—I am pleased that his goals production has begun, and I hope he is recognizing what it take s to get those goals and become a key contributor.

HyeDray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Koobs11
aka Back door Johnny

Send a message via AIM to Koobs11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeDray View Post
I dont want to get too over anxious, but perhaps he is finding his stride and getting comfortable enough to start producing at the NHL level.

I have been a strong advocate for giving Tambellini time on these boards when many others have been urging the team to dump him.

We may watch him continue to produce modestly here and net 18-22 goals or he may have just gotten a hot streak and finish the year with 8 goals. More time is needed for sure.

One thing is clear—

If he starts producing regularly, and he can contribute 18-22 goals, he would have earned himself another NHL deal witht he Isles and I think he will be a nice secondary asset.

If he can maintain a reasonable pace to get into the high 20s he will have developed into the player we all have hoped for. He could give us a 3rd player to hit the 20 goal mark with Okposo and Tavares should they reach the mark. Moulsen as well could break 20, and if we can get a healthy Hunter back—perhaps he can begin to get to his 20 goal plateau.

All in all—I am pleased that his goals production has begun, and I hope he is recognizing what it take s to get those goals and become a key contributor.
These are my thoughts exactly, im glad to see him scoring but im not about to say hes going to be lighting it up all the time, more time is needed but lets hope we see him continue

Koobs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 12:31 PM
scott99

The difference between the Tambellini that was useless(and that was hated), and the Tambellini we are seeing now, is one thing, confidence. Tambellini has ALWAYS had the talent, good speed, good hands. Confidence changes everything. His first two goals were goal scorer's goals, without confidence, he doesn't try that between the legs shot. Without confidence, he doesn't scream for the puck like on his second goal. He looks like the first round pick LA thought they were getting. Sometimes it just takes time to get that confidence in the NHL to match up with the talent, Tambellini & Moulson are both 25, and both getting the ice time and confidence, and finally figuring it out. Let's not forget players Milbury gave up on before the age of 25, and who went on to become all stars, Bertuzzi, McCabe, Luongo, Jokinen, etc. Thankfully we held on to Tambellini and signed Moulson, hopefully Schremp gets a chance to shine also with the Isles. Neither player (Tambellini & Moulson) is an all star yet, but it's exciting to see them start to blossom.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 12:57 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFan23 View Post
His hard work is starting to pay off. I am happy for him, finally getting the bounces to go his way.

Now if we can only get Bergie to start scoring.
as much as it sucks that bergie isnt scoring, you cant say its from lack of effort. hes just not getting breaks at all. he dives for a puck, puts it towards a gaping net and gets all post...then it hits off miller, its heading for the net again, and he gets a pad on it at the last second. bergie will get himefl righted, its still very early.
as for tambs, hes finally figured it out. i think its safe to say, hes not the perimeter player he came up as...he knows what he has to do to score, to create space and create chances. i thought he showed that late last year but for some reason was scratched for a bunch of games this season.
Now, its up to him to keep it up. Hes had success the last week and a half or so in terms of scoring, and most importantly, hes having fun. Hes throwing his body around and i think hes realized hes not gonna get hurt by going to the net. By him showing hes got the gumption to drive the net, it creates space for him in the slot bc defenders cant just come flying out at him. with his speed, he can make a move and go in alone if that happens. and as shown on his second goal last nite, hes lethal from the slot.
i said it last week, i think hes got it turned around in the right direction for him. The sabres are no slouch of a team and ryan miller is a world class goaltender, at least so far this season. 8-0-1 going into last night.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 12:59 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubaryk11 View Post
These are my thoughts exactly, im glad to see him scoring but im not about to say hes going to be lighting it up all the time, more time is needed but lets hope we see him continue
i agree, but its not just the scoring. hes playing all facets of the game the right way and with conviction. no coasting, no fear of the corners. thats not a fluke. goals come from hard work and hes been doing that all season

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 01:11 PM
CDirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
i agree, but its not just the scoring. hes playing all facets of the game the right way and with conviction. no coasting, no fear of the corners. thats not a fluke. goals come from hard work and hes been doing that all season
I think he's adjusted to the speed of the game. That I think was what was the trouble with his game. Last season I made sure to pay attention to him a lot. He did a lot of nice little things but seemed to take too much time making decisions with the puck. This year you'll notice he's making many more smart passes, his timing on the play is better and his forchecking is working out nicely.

Tambellini has the tools to be a really good second line player. He continues like this then we have one less spot to worry about filling. It also advances this teams development considerably.

CDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 02:54 PM
msv957

Didn't the might Oleg Kvasha has a few hot weeks scoring some goals and getting points??

We need to see consistency in Tamby... not just a hot week..

I like what I see and hope Tamby "the Franchise" maintains this confidence level..

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Didn't the might Oleg Kvasha has a few hot weeks scoring some goals and getting points??

I like what I see and hope Tamby "the Franchise" maintains this confidence level..
Oleg was a gutless puke, Tamby at least has always had a good attitude. Plus its more than the points, its the fact he's using his speed and being a disturbance without the puck. Bialey's goal does not happen without the quick screen by Tamby.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 03:15 PM
CDirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post

Well, one thing we can be certain of is that if Tambellini was doing this for another team right now nobody would out to skewer Garth Snow right now.

Right?

I mean, there wouldn't be pitch forks and nooses at the colliseum cause the team allowed another to get away.

CDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 03:21 PM
KH1

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
This is an important point. One of the reasons that I did not believe that Tambellini would make in the NHL was because he seemed unwilling to go into the tough areas on the ice--he was always on the periphery, always giving up the puck, never taking the body.

He started to change that during the end of the past season, enough so that I believed that he had a place on the NHL team. I'm not ready to call this some sort of huge breakthrough (as opposed to a garden variety hot streak) but I'd like to imagine that this guy can be an impact player.

KH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 04:18 PM
HockeyNoob4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henry I View Post
This is an important point. One of the reasons that I did not believe that Tambellini would make in the NHL was because he seemed unwilling to go into the tough areas on the ice--he was always on the periphery, always giving up the puck, never taking the body.

He started to change that during the end of the past season, enough so that I believed that he had a place on the NHL team. I'm not ready to call this some sort of huge breakthrough (as opposed to a garden variety hot streak) but I'd like to imagine that this guy can be an impact player.
Jeff Tambellini is off to a great start--partly driven by his high shooting percentage of 35.3%. His career average shooting percentage is around 8.7% in the NHL.

Here's a look at Jeff Tambellini - player stats and analysis.

HockeyNoob4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Glad to see Tamby flashing his potential here.

Had him in NHL a couple years back and after a few quiet years (like the ones he's had already), he became a consistent 25-30+ goal guy with 70-80 points. It was awesome.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 10:15 PM
naihlflames

Univ. of Mich fan here: What is going on with Tambellini? I see he is scratched. Is he in the dog house for some reason? I thought he had finally been producing well with 6,3,9 in only 13 games and 12:35 of ice time per game. His 164 minutes is 18th on NYI, while his 9 points is 4th. Moulson and Tavaras have 14 points coming into the game with 315 and 338 minutes played. 9 points in half the ice time is pretty good.

So, what's the story?

naihlflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 02:41 AM
hgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by naihlflames View Post
Univ. of Mich fan here: What is going on with Tambellini? I see he is scratched. Is he in the dog house for some reason? I thought he had finally been producing well with 6,3,9 in only 13 games and 12:35 of ice time per game. His 164 minutes is 18th on NYI, while his 9 points is 4th. Moulson and Tavaras have 14 points coming into the game with 315 and 338 minutes played. 9 points in half the ice time is pretty good.

So, what's the story?
I was just wondering this as well as I haven't been paying attention to the team of late. My only guess is that he's being inconsistent and the Isles chose to sit him rather than Bailey because they have more useful wingers than centers at this point. That, and Tambellini was a minus player in the last three games he played in in limited minutes.

hgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Riddick

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzo View Post
I was just wondering this as well as I haven't been paying attention to the team of late. My only guess is that he's being inconsistent and the Isles chose to sit him rather than Bailey because they have more useful wingers than centers at this point. That, and Tambellini was a minus player in the last three games he played in in limited minutes.
actually no, hes been playing better than most people who arent on the first line. Definately better than comeau, better than sim(who's on the powerplay? wtf??), better than most. Why he's scratched with schremp.....man, he must be thinking 'why the hell am i sitting with the guy who has no idea how to play??'

Riddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 01:13 PM
BaileyToOkposo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick View Post
actually no, hes been playing better than most people who arent on the first line. Definately better than comeau, better than sim(who's on the powerplay? wtf??), better than most. Why he's scratched with schremp.....man, he must be thinking 'why the hell am i sitting with the guy who has no idea how to play??'
i agree. i might b the only one to think this but i really dont like gordan as a coach. I like the way style he choses to play, BUT i do not like him as a coach. i would love to see him after a game so i can ask him how some players are playing over Tambs

BaileyToOkposo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Riddick

hey, he's the coach, he sees WAY more of these players than i/we do. that being said tho, theres NO reason for sim to be on the powerplay. Sim brings a different game than tambs does, but i just dont see why tambellini got scratched, ESPECIALLY since he was playing so well.

Riddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

The team's been playing well and winning some games. That comes before giving Tambellini a "chance".

Richie Daggers Crime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
The team's been playing well and winning some games. That comes before giving Tambellini a "chance".
Pretty much, I see the lineup staying the same till we lose a few.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote