HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LA Kings to Host the 2010 NHL Draft

Old
10-27-2009, 07:20 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 500
I personally prefer the draft over the stanley cup finals. I'm all about the draft and there's no way I'm missing out on this.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Dr. Naysay

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Naysay
My only warning regarding the Red/Blue lines is this...

When the Lakers are winning the NBA Finals... even if it's on the road... they shutdown the Downtown stations and near as I could tell no cabs will take you to the closest stops.

Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Dr. Naysay

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Naysay
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I personally prefer the draft over the stanley cup finals. I'm all about the draft and there's no way I'm missing out on this.
That's blasphemy! That's MADNESS!!!

Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
Quote:
Please tell me that you licked the back of one of those hallucinogenic toads before you posted this.

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 07:45 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Please tell me that you licked one of those hallucinogenic toads before you posted this.
Hallucinogenic toads were sooooo last week.

But let me clarify that if the finals were teams other than the kings of course. Any team other than the kings, I choose the draft!

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 07:56 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilillillilil View Post
Too bad the kings are gonna win the stanley cup this year and have last pick in the draft making it not exciting.
Good one.

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 01:14 AM
onlyalad

Ok found some sad news. Last year tickets were free, but there were not many given to fans
from the Habs fan site
Quote:
2009 NHL Draft ticket distribution

MONTREAL -- The Montreal Canadiens and the National Hockey League are pleased to provide at no charge a very limited amount of tickets for the 2009 NHL Entry Draft to the general public. The first round of the Draft will be held at the Bell Centre on Friday, June 26 at 7:00 p.m., while the subsequent rounds will be held starting Saturday, June 27 at 10:00 a.m. Each ticket provides entry to both Friday’s and Saturday’s events.

All available tickets are General Admission tickets in the Club, White, Grey and Blue levels (levels 200, 300 and 400) of the Bell Centre. A general admission ticket does not assign a specific level or seat; seats will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis the day of the event.

For your chance to obtain tickets, please register by completing the form on Monday, June 15, between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m available exclusively on canadiens.com . Tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis until all tickets are gone. Registration does not guarantee you will be selected to receive tickets. There is a limit of one entry, and one pair of tickets per individual. Any person submitting more than one registration will void their eligibility to receive tickets. Only those selected to receive tickets will be informed by e-mail on June 16, 2009. Tickets will be sent by regular mail on Wednesday, June 17.

IMPORTANT – Please note that as ticket availability is extremely limited, we ask that you ensure the tickets you receive be utilized on Friday, June 26 for the first round of the draft.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 02:01 AM
hans

Send a message via AIM to hans
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
Ok found some sad news. Last year tickets were free, but there were not many given to fans
from the Habs fan site
I suspect the demand for draft tickets in Los Angeles would be much lower than in Montreal, though. Probably the only people in a 100 mile radius who would have any interest in going to this are already posting this thread. If it's at Staples and they open up the entire 300 level, I'm sure there'd be no problem getting tickets.

hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 02:20 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Please tell me that you licked the back of one of those hallucinogenic toads before you posted this.
These are Hockey's Future forums... there's bound to be a few folks that think the draft is the best annual event of all.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 09:30 AM
BringTheReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
That's great news! Hopefully we'll have a very low 1st round pick.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:39 AM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans View Post
I suspect the demand for draft tickets in Los Angeles would be much lower than in Montreal, though. Probably the only people in a 100 mile radius who would have any interest in going to this are already posting this thread. If it's at Staples and they open up the entire 300 level, I'm sure there'd be no problem getting tickets.
I hope so. Ticket brokers were selling tickets for $150 Canadian last time.
The fact that they are even thinking Nokia means they don't think they can fill Staples. My wife has already told me to "have fun", meaning that she thinks the draft is boring and I can go hang out with the other hockey nerds.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Really?

That doesn't sound like the NHL at all.
Generally, they're really poorly attended. I went to the '02 Draft in Toronto and they had all the prospects and families in the lower level, so that was full. But there was maybe 2000-3000 fans tops in the upper level.

Hopefully, in LA they do a FanFest or something in addition to the Draft. The Toronto draft had a small cardshow in the attrium (or whatever they call it) between Union Station and the ACC. Inside, the only thing they had was a MasterCard sign up booth where they were giving away t-shirts with each application.

If the Kings pick late in the round, I'll warn you it does get fairly boring live. Nothing happens between picks and they don't show highlights of each player picked or anything. I would also not recommend going for Day 2, as they don't even go up on stage or have the photo ops with each draftee. It is all done from the teams' tables and few if any of the players are there.

Oh and I'm pretty sure the ACC was dry for the draft. So you couldn't even have a beer or two to pass the time. It was cool to say I went, but its not something I head to again, unless they jazz it up a bit.

Last edited by Shootmaster_44: 10-28-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 08:46 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
Generally, they're really poorly attended. I went to the '02 Draft in Toronto and they had all the prospects and families in the lower level, so that was full. But there was maybe 2000-3000 fans tops in the upper level.

Hopefully, in LA they do a FanFest or something in addition to the Draft. The Toronto draft had a small cardshow in the attrium (or whatever they call it) between Union Station and the ACC. Inside, the only thing they had was a MasterCard sign up booth where they were giving away t-shirts with each application.

If the Kings pick late in the round, I'll warn you it does get fairly boring live. Nothing happens between picks and they don't show highlights of each player picked or anything. I would also not recommend going for Day 2, as they don't even go up on stage or have the photo ops with each draftee. It is all done from the teams' tables and few if any of the players are there.

Oh and I'm pretty sure the ACC was dry for the draft. So you could even have a beer or two to pass the time. It was cool to say I went, but its not something I head to again, unless they jazz it up a bit.
Thanks for the info. I don't really expect it to be exciting. Just have to go if I have the chance, just to say I did.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I don't really expect it to be exciting. Just have to go if I have the chance, just to say I did.
Yeah that's why I went. Plus, in a pleasant surprise I finally was able to see my hero Wayne Gretzky in person, when he surprisingly came up to pick for the Yotes. Definitely not the same as seeing him play, but well worth the time spent waiting for the Kings pick.

Old
10-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

So going!

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 04:31 PM
Fripp

Quote:
It should be worth it just to be around the hockey atmosphere and talk with other fans.

Fripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 04:37 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fripp View Post
It should be worth it just to be around the hockey atmosphere and talk with other fans.
Definitely.

It can't be less interesting than watching by myself at home.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 09:34 PM
THEKingsFanInRI
This must be a dream

I went when it was in Boston a few years ago (when the Sedins were drafted 2 and 3). It is a great time. If you have the means I highly recommend it.

THEKingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFanInRI View Post
I went when it was in Boston a few years ago (when the Sedins were drafted 2 and 3). It is a great time. If you have the means I highly recommend it.
Maybe each team does it differently or something.

Old
10-29-2009, 11:28 PM
KingPuckChoo

Quote:
this shows how bad the kings suck lol

when the draft is more exciting than the finals...

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 12:20 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Awesome sauce. The diehards should go if you get the chance (it should be free). I'm sure Heidi Androl will be all over the place. I went when it was in Columbus, and it's a good time to mingle with fans of other teams as well.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 03:08 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Kings hosting the 2010 NHL draft is official

...and http://www.lakingsnews.com is on it!

On an important note, who is going to this thing? I kind of wanna.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 09:29 AM
LAKings4ever

Great news - when do tickets go on sale?

LAKings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
I plan on going

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Efrenm1431

lol at the last part. that's really cool. i will try to make it for sure.

Efrenm1431 is offline   Reply With Quote