HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#10: Flyers at Capitals - October 27, 2009 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
10-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Flyers2112

vCash: 500
These boys are going to be in trouble!!! Changes need to be made...coaching or game style....lineup....I don't know...We just don't match up to Caps or Pens. Not hungry enough, those other teams want to win more....simple as that!!

Flyers2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cmoneyflyguy

Lots of flyers "fans" on the board. I remember why I rarely post here. The Flyers played very well tonight. The goals they gave up were not brutal by any means. A nice ovy goal, a ppg and a beauty of a shot. The Flyers had good chances, and played inspired in the 3rd. 10000000 times better than the sharks debacle...

Take a step back from the ledge

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Dude it was a heart-breaking loss the Caps got the breaks with the third goal. It was a very good effort by the team. I'm not ashamed at them in the slightest, Theordore was just in the zone. Stop *****ing about 5-4-1, teams have hot periods and cold periods and mediocree periods. It was a tough loss but they played from whistle to whistle the Caps and the Flyers are usually even as ****. 2 for 2. I'm thinking this season is no exception.
Tonight was one of their better games, and they still blew a 2 goal lead5-4-1 in not acceptable

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PF

I'm not sure how to take this one, it seemed to me to be a lot better than their performance against San Jose which was something but there just seemed to be the usual fundamental flaws in our game that led to the loss.

The main one being that we appear to be completely impotent when we're not on a special team of some sort. I'll give the coaching that, our special teams are excellent but how about 5 on 5? I'm fairly convinced at this point that we're close to the worst even strength team in the league. No stats or anything to back that up we just don't often look like a threat when we're not on the powerplay to my eyes, we can barely figure out how to keep it in the zone. It's like clockwork - into the zone, shot on the rush (usually wide), back down the other end with the opposition in possession or the alternative, dump it in and battle in the corner but we rarely get set up in the zone as a result of it.

I love this team but it's hard to watch them continually shoot themselves in the foot sometimes.

Richards looked more creative tonight than the last couple of games, he had some excellent passes.

Edit: One other note, I don't agree Theodore was great, he was good but it was not a standout performance, the quality of our chances were not great, we had a lot of shots but not many do I remember being the type that had me thinking that was nearly it. Hartnell's open goal the exception.

PF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 09:47 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2112 View Post
These boys are going to be in trouble!!! Changes need to be made...coaching or game style....lineup....I don't know...We just don't match up to Caps or Pens. Not hungry enough, those other teams want to win more....simple as that!!
Our lineups been different almost every day... People can say we had a good game, but we are 1 loss away from being .500

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

It was my first viewing of JvR, I like what I see from him.
I don't really care for our third line. It looks like it is; three fourth line guys thrown together due to injury. It's not that I found that they played bad, I dunno, something I don't like about it

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kaktus*

I liked the effort overall by many players.

I did not like penalties. 2 penalties by 4th line players Pyro and Powe does not mean good game.

In the end their goaltender was better then ours and of course with all tough guys we have on our team we only managed 10 hits? Wow..

Thats pathetic.

P.S I have no idea why Carter is wearing A. Based on what? His missed shots, his cherry picking plays and crap on faceoffs. No physical play of ANY kind. Why does he have A on his jersey?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Trade Carter. He's holding this team back and we could get so much for him. This team was picked to win the cup... .500 hockey isnt gonna cut it. It is early, but this team needs to be better. Either fire stevens, or shake things up by trading carter.
No thanks. Rather fire Stevens.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 09:48 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
Lots of flyers "fans" on the board. I remember why I rarely post here. The Flyers played very well tonight. The goals they gave up were not brutal by any means. A nice ovy goal, a ppg and a beauty of a shot. The Flyers had good chances, and played inspired in the 3rd. 10000000 times better than the sharks debacle...

Definitely better than the Sharks game but very little was encouraging. I'm not on a ledge by any means but I'm still very disappointed in the fact that I don't believe we are anywhere near where we should be as a team.

As far as playing "very well", I disagree. I thought we played ok.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 09:48 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post

I did not like penalties. 2 penalties by 4th line players Pyro and Powe does not mean good game.

In the end their goaltender was better then ours and of course with all tough guys we have on our team we only managed 10 hits? Wow..

Thats pathetic.

P.S I have no idea why Carter is wearing A. Based on what? His missed shots, his cherry picking plays and crap on faceoffs. No physical play of ANY kind. Why does he have A on his jersey?
His coach is a stunned **** ????

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 09:49 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:

Thats pathetic.

Ill give him the benifit of the doubt, not because I am a fan of his, but because its his first penalty...

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mm6492

Quote:
Trade Carter. He's holding this team back and we could get so much for him. This team was picked to win the cup... .500 hockey isnt gonna cut it. It is early, but this team needs to be better. Either fire stevens, or shake things up by trading carter.
We need him right now. We need to get him going, not get him off teh team

He had 41 goals last year, he has the talent. lets give him a few more games before we trade him...

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cmoneyflyguy

Trade Carter?
jebus, were you drinking riot juice?

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lab Monkey

I think we played well but we need to replace Gagne

Lab Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:

The Powe penalty was a bad call

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
To think. We could of had Dave Tippet..If only.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 09:50 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheLegendkiller

Quote:

I agree its making me not want to post here too haha. Everybody is scared.

We do match up with the Pens and the Caps which is why we beat the Caps earlier this year and only loss to the Pens by 1 after giving them at least 2 on brain farts. The Flyers will improve.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Geez. I thought the Flyers played very well tonight (I've seen from 6 minutes into the second period on). Both teams played with pace in the second period and the Flyers absolutely dominated the third.

The difference was Semin scored a great goal (may have deflected off of Timonen) and the Flyers couldn't bury any quality chances they had.

The effort was there tonight and that's first time I can say that about a regulation loss this season.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mm6492

Quote:

Its like this after every loss. HF is somewhere for fans to vent there frustrations

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Holy overreaction, Batman.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 09:51 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post
Well considering that articles were being written last season about how awful the Penguins were in the 1st part of the season and that they wouldn't make the playoffs, this might be a good omen
No, they definitely need to tighten up but I'm not freaked out yet. And I actually feel bad for Carter because I know, and he definitely knows, that he can play better.
This is what I've been thinking. There's no way we should be hovering at .500 with our team (especially the D), but this is how I look at it -- if we start dropping or cruise straight at mediocrity, there will be major changes (Stevens). If we start doing better, we'll just go up and (hopefully) peak at the right time.

Doing great and blowing everyone away would mask our shortcomings and make it seem that things were fine. Look at the 06-07 season. It's a good thing we didn't just get by (05-06), because things could be a lot different today.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
The Powe penalty was a bad call
Yes that was lame, I hate that call.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Ill give him the benifit of the doubt, not because I am a fan of his, but because its his first penalty...
I am not really trying to be hard on Pyro. Like you said it was his penalty and 6'3 235lbs Knuble is hard to contain.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Oh.... and down 3-2, I would have had Richards take that penalty shot, not Powe. Richards was the player who sent him on the breakaway, so I know he was on the ice.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote