HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA/Tor: Schenn Trade Proposal

Old
10-27-2009, 01:23 AM
DickArmy*

vCash: 500
LA/Tor: Schenn Trade Proposal

To LA
Luke Schenn
Niclas Hagman

To Tor
2010 1st Round Pick
Oscar Moller
Matt Greene
Colten Tuebert

Hockey needs the Schenn brothers united

Rip away!

DickArmy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 01:27 AM
Poggemon Destiny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickArmy View Post
To LA
Luke Schenn
Niclas Hagman

To Tor
2010 1st Round Pick
Oscar Moller
Matt Greene
Colten Tuebert

Rip away!
So send Brayden to Toronto...cause Luke ain't budging

Poggemon Destiny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 01:28 AM
ELab2

I don't think Burke would do it but that's a very good deal for LA I think.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 01:31 AM
Poggemon Destiny*

What is Moller's upside anyway? 2nd line? 1st line? Smallish guy? Haven't seen enough of him...but I do remember Luke plastering him last season

Old
10-27-2009, 01:33 AM
BIG

Toronto needs another pick/prospect going back

BIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 01:35 AM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickArmy View Post
To LA
Luke Schenn
Niclas Hagman

To Tor
2010 1st Round Pick
Oscar Moller
Matt Greene
Colten Tuebert

Rip away!
Don't really care for Hagman much but I guess it's fair. In either case, I'd rather keep things as they are and Leafs fans are gonna throw a ***** fit about this one, so saddle up and get ready to ride out of town.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 01:35 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggemon Destiny View Post
What is Moller's upside anyway? 2nd line? 1st line? Smallish guy? Haven't seen enough of him...but I do remember Luke plastering him last season
He's got some talent, that's for sure, but he's a pipsqueak at this point. I am confident he will be a 20 goal 2nd line winger. He's got way too much heart not too. He gets plastered every game, but nothing stops him from chugging along and he is not at all afraid to go anywhere on the ice. I guess you could say his max potential is top line winger.

The deal would make LA a better team now and in the future, but Toronto never does that deal... even though Burke does love Moller.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 01:42 AM
backhander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
He's got some talent, that's for sure, but he's a pipsqueak at this point. I am confident he will be a 20 goal 2nd line winger. He's got way too much heart not too. He gets plastered every game, but nothing stops him from chugging along and he is not at all afraid to go anywhere on the ice. I guess you could say his max potential is top line winger.

The deal would make LA a better team now and in the future, but Toronto never does that deal... even though Burke does love Moller.
great insight...agreed...i'd do the deal...leafs wouldn't...and at this point they need someone that can score...kessel isn't going to carry the load (goals)

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 01:51 AM
Poggemon Destiny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post

Yeah I keep hearing he plays with passion and even great leadership qualities...ah well I'm sure if LA does a move or two it will at least be a decent one for them...just look at the Smyth trade and everyone said Avs won that...yeah, Smyth, Kopitar and LA's entire team says hi.

Old
10-27-2009, 04:26 AM
dabeechman

Quote:
Yeah I keep hearing he plays with passion and even great leadership qualities...ah well I'm sure if LA does a move or two it will at least be a decent one for them...just look at the Smyth trade and everyone said Avs won that...yeah, Smyth, Kopitar and LA's entire team says hi.
Very few people felt COL won that trade. Only thing people *****ed about was that Smyth was over the hill and over paid.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 04:33 AM
Ollie Weeks

I say whoever is higher in the standings wins the Smyth/Quincey trade. Colorado it is! We lose!

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 05:56 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Trade away hat trick Hagman? No freaking way

Schenn the younger one to Toronto for Beauchemin and Kadri would be a better deal. From a Toronto POV that is.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 08:46 AM
pspot

For as much as people have been opposed to trading Schenn I've actually started to warm to the idea

Schenn is still so young and definetely a rock solid dman. He's definetly struggled this year but which Leaf hasn't. Overall though he seems to have this reputation of a big hitter even though he never really throws any big hits.

With the acquisition of Kessel the Leafs have the option of another franchise player and if moving Schenn can bring them 4 to 5 legitimate pieces I definetly consider it.

For this deal:

The pick is great, helps with all the talk about giving up the picks for Kessel but the Leafs need to start winning now. So I'd drop that

Teubert is another solid stay at home dman prospect so the Leafs might not even be taking a step back here if Schenn doesn't turn out to full potential.

Moller is a solid prospect but not sure they want another undersized forward to build with considering they do have Kadri.

I'd rather see a prospect like Lewis or even Purcell as someone that could potentially line up beside Kessel

Then make the Kings overpay if they really want to pair the brothers and ask for Hickey as well. Hickey and Teubert would be an amazing young pair to put as part of the new core.

Hickey, Teubert, and Purcell/Lewis for Schenn + (maybe even a Tlusty if the Hickey addition is to much)

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 09:34 AM
EucaLEAFtys

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
For as much as people have been opposed to trading Schenn I've actually started to warm to the idea

Schenn is still so young and definetely a rock solid dman. He's definetly struggled this year but which Leaf hasn't. Overall though he seems to have this reputation of a big hitter even though he never really throws any big hits.

With the acquisition of Kessel the Leafs have the option of another franchise player and if moving Schenn can bring them 4 to 5 legitimate pieces I definetly consider it.

For this deal:

The pick is great, helps with all the talk about giving up the picks for Kessel but the Leafs need to start winning now. So I'd drop that

Teubert is another solid stay at home dman prospect so the Leafs might not even be taking a step back here if Schenn doesn't turn out to full potential.

Moller is a solid prospect but not sure they want another undersized forward to build with considering they do have Kadri.

I'd rather see a prospect like Lewis or even Purcell as someone that could potentially line up beside Kessel

Then make the Kings overpay if they really want to pair the brothers and ask for Hickey as well. Hickey and Teubert would be an amazing young pair to put as part of the new core.

Hickey, Teubert, and Purcell/Lewis for Schenn + (maybe even a Tlusty if the Hickey addition is to much)
So, just for my clarification, is the following essentially what you're proposing?

To TOR:
Hickey
Teubert
Purcell/Lewis

To LA:
Schenn
Tlusty

If so, then I'm not sure if either team would pull the trigger. I am one who is quite loathe to trade young players like L. Schenn, however, I would certainly deeply consider any potential trade if I felt that it would help improve my team. At this point, though, I would need to get more information on the LA players before I make a judgement on this proposal.

If the above is not what you had in mind, then please clarify it for me.

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 09:52 AM
xicethug13x

i love the idea of this trade from a toronto perspective...i dont think shenn will ever be atop dman...and his trade value is very high so he can bring in the amount and quality of players that can change the team....

i think the value in this proposal is very good...but i dont think it is the right kind of players going to toronto...even though the value is right i would rather see something like this

TO LA
SHENN
GRABOVSKI

TO LEAFS
STOLL
MARTINEZ
TEUBURT
MOLLER
SIMMONDS
1ST ROUNDER 2010

thoughts?

xicethug13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 12:05 PM
KingsCrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicethug13x View Post
i love the idea of this trade from a toronto perspective...i dont think shenn will ever be atop dman...and his trade value is very high so he can bring in the amount and quality of players that can change the team....

i think the value in this proposal is very good...but i dont think it is the right kind of players going to toronto...even though the value is right i would rather see something like this

TO LA
SHENN
GRABOVSKI

TO LEAFS
STOLL
MARTINEZ
TEUBURT
MOLLER
SIMMONDS
1ST ROUNDER 2010

thoughts?
Definitely NO on Simmonds.

How about?
Teubert
Moller
Lewis or Martinez
'10 1st Rounder
'10 3rd Rounder

for

L. Schenn

TOR gets two quality prospects that would instantly go into their top 5 prospects. A physical shutdown defenseman prospect, a versatile center prospect that can play wing, was captain of Team Sweden and someone that Burke already likes, a 3rd/4th line 2-way center that can play wing as well that has good speed, and 2 high draft picks in a deep draft to compensate for having only one pick in the first three rounds next season.

Last edited by KingsCrown: 10-27-2009 at 12:14 PM.
KingsCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Adversary

Toronto would be looking for if they were to trade Schenn, but it ain't happening.

There is enough in this deal to negotiate something out of it, but Schenn is untouchable the Leafs will not trade him.

Adversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 12:25 PM
bobermay

How about you trade your Captain, for our future captain?

bobermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
...just look at the Smyth trade and everyone said Avs won that...yeah, Smyth, Kopitar and LA's entire team says hi.
Guess you were out of town when the trade went down. If you need to, you can utilize the search tool to see for yourself what "everyone" really "said" regarding that trade.

As for the trade proposal, while Schenn is a fine young defenseman, LA is giving up way too much. Likely, it would take an overpayment to dislodge Schenn from Toronto, but I can't see LA, or any team for that matter, offering up such a ransom.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 12:50 PM
embracedbias

Why in the world would Toronto trade Schenn?

One of the explicit reasons that Burke gave to explain why he brought Komisarek and Beauchemin in was to decrease Schenn's responsibilities. The purpose of which would be for him to grow as a player. Allow him to work on his offensive game, etc.

As "untouchable" as a player (non-generational talent) is in the entire league.

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 12:58 PM
pspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by EucaLEAFtys View Post
So, just for my clarification, is the following essentially what you're proposing?

To TOR:
Hickey
Teubert
Purcell/Lewis

To LA:
Schenn
Tlusty

If so, then I'm not sure if either team would pull the trigger. I am one who is quite loathe to trade young players like L. Schenn, however, I would certainly deeply consider any potential trade if I felt that it would help improve my team. At this point, though, I would need to get more information on the LA players before I make a judgement on this proposal.

If the above is not what you had in mind, then please clarify it for me.
oh yeah I want Stoll too he'd be a solid playmaking C for Kessel

Hicky, Teubert, Purcell/Lewis and Stoll for Schenn, Tlustly and Mitchell

Its definetly a hard trade for both teams but considering Toronto's start they may be considering a shake up / shift in direction type move and with LA being able to add a top end brother combo to the current core would be pretty amazing

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 01:16 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

The only way this deal is fair is if LA's pick is a guaranteed top 10..

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
If Toronto fans are o.k. with it, then where do I sign? Fax the paperwork to me and let's get this trade underway

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Dr Hans Reinhardt

Quote:
So send Brayden to Toronto...cause Luke ain't budging
L A has a better shot at getting Luke to jump ship because we have his brother who will still be an RFA when Luke is a UFA for one. So the fastest way, barring a trade, is for Luke to just come here after he served his time in TO. Second, we have Drew. He and Luke are buddies so he will be lured here by both Brayden and Drew. Sorry bout your luck Toronto.

By the way grats on you 1st win couldn't have picked a better team to notch it against

Dr Hans Reinhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Dick Whitman

Has Luke Schenn won a fight, ever? Seems to get into a lot of scraps but always ends up hurting some guy's fist with his face.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote