HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Buturlin and Ferland

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2004, 01:16 PM
Traitor8

vCash: 500
Alex Buturlin and Ferland

I looked at our prospects at Hockeysfuture.com and I see that Buturlin's name appears at the end of our list and that's terrible for a former 2nd round pick(39th overall) in 1999.

Do you think he will make the Nhl? How long? will he be playing in the Ahl next year with maybe 2-3 prospects jumping form Hamilton to Montreal in 2004-2005.

Do you think he can become a Micheal Ryder..after numerous years he finally steps up and becomes a 2nd liner..looks like he has great skills but his skating is lacking... has he been working on it..Hockeysfuture is comparing him to Alfredsson.

Now Ferland is a guy who seems to be physical at 6'2 and from what I hear from people..can he become a Matthew Barnaby , Chris Simon type player or his potentiel is way better then that..like Martin Lapointe type player? A warrior in the playoffs?

Old
04-10-2004, 03:31 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
I looked at our prospects at Hockeysfuture.com and I see that Buturlin's name appears at the end of our list and that's terrible for a former 2nd round pick(39th overall) in 1999.

Do you think he will make the Nhl? How long? will he be playing in the Ahl next year with maybe 2-3 prospects jumping form Hamilton to Montreal in 2004-2005.

Do you think he can become a Micheal Ryder..after numerous years he finally steps up and becomes a 2nd liner..looks like he has great skills but his skating is lacking... has he been working on it..Hockeysfuture is comparing him to Alfredsson.

Now Ferland is a guy who seems to be physical at 6'2 and from what I hear from people..can he become a Matthew Barnaby , Chris Simon type player or his potentiel is way better then that..like Martin Lapointe type player? A warrior in the playoffs?

I got to watch Buturlin play one game in the RSL this year, and he played a solid game. He's gotten a little bigger, and plays a somewhat physical game (from what I've seen the RSL isn't very physical, from the 5 RSL games I've seen this year) I have no idea if the Habs are even considering bringing him over. He plays most on the top line, either wing. I don't know if he would need much time in the AHL, cause he plays a safe game and seems solid in his own end. I would like to see him brought over to see what he can do, but only Gainey/Savard know if that will happen or if Buturlin even wants to come over. Also I don't know what his contract status is with Lada, so if he's under contract and there's no new deal with the IIHF, he can't come over.

Ferland is physical, and with some better skating and more speed he will be an even better hitter, but he can throw some big hits and he will drive to the net. In the games I've seen of him he's had a hard time getting ice time, but when he does he seems to work hard and he's solid in his own end as well. I don't see him as a Barnby type, don't know about Simon or Lapointe. He's got good hands, but still has to fill out a little more, work on his skating, get faster and he could be a good one for us down the road. Next year should he should get more ice time, so we'll see how he responds.

Old
04-10-2004, 10:34 PM
Rahan

To me Ferland always looked like a solid prospect. Now seeing Bergeron play, I think he could be the same kind of player (but less talented obviously, Bergeron is at another level) if he could get stronger.

Old
04-10-2004, 11:06 PM
rodmtl

Send a message via Yahoo to rodmtl
I think one reason why we won t see Buturlin or Tarasov soon in MTL is that those players are well established in the RSL and are probably very known and popular + making lots of $$$ compare to AHL typical salary... To bring em over, I think we would have to make a deal with their team and they might ask mountains just to let MTL talk to them...
Anyways, thats just too bad b/c I would love to see Buturlin in a trial (team camp..)
Not that I want to change subject, but I have a question for montreal : How/where did you watch an RSL game? on TV? on satellite? PLS tell me! I would really like to watch games from Russian, Tchk league or Scandinavian league...

Old
04-10-2004, 11:08 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
I saw Ferland play in the rookies tournament here in Ottawa. He was very solid on the ice, probably the best player on the Habs side other than Higgins. He's a strong skater, good shot, likes to be physical (could get a bit bigger). He reminds me a bit of a small version of Ryder.

He's been struggling in the A this year, anyone have any info why that might be? Linemates, playing time, injuries??

Old
04-11-2004, 10:12 AM
tiredman

Buturlin and Ferland are excellent 2-way forward.

Old
04-11-2004, 05:17 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodmtl
I think one reason why we won t see Buturlin or Tarasov soon in MTL is that those players are well established in the RSL and are probably very known and popular + making lots of $$$ compare to AHL typical salary... To bring em over, I think we would have to make a deal with their team and they might ask mountains just to let MTL talk to them...
Anyways, thats just too bad b/c I would love to see Buturlin in a trial (team camp..)
Not that I want to change subject, but I have a question for montreal : How/where did you watch an RSL game? on TV? on satellite? PLS tell me! I would really like to watch games from Russian, Tchk league or Scandinavian league...

I know a girl over in Moscow who has helped me get a few games on tape (it's very involved though, cause the Russian mail system is very very slow and then I have to get the tapes transfered from the Euro system to the north american tv system.

I also know some people who will trade or sell some games here and there. I'm expecting 3 more games of Kastsitsyn from last years WJC's but that might have fallen though, don't know yet.

I have almost every prospect we have on tape except Eneqvist, Lindberg, Marois, Shasby and Danis.

Old
04-11-2004, 05:21 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji_ch
I saw Ferland play in the rookies tournament here in Ottawa. He was very solid on the ice, probably the best player on the Habs side other than Higgins. He's a strong skater, good shot, likes to be physical (could get a bit bigger). He reminds me a bit of a small version of Ryder.

He's been struggling in the A this year, anyone have any info why that might be? Linemates, playing time, injuries??

I don't think his skating is one of his better qualities, I think he could use a little work there but more importantly I'd like to see him get faster and fill out a little more. But I love how he drives to the net, works hard along the boards and has some good offensive abilities.

Jarvis has used Ferland a little more then Milroy, but he's still had a tough time getting ice time. In the games he's played that I've been at or have seen, he's mostly been on the 3rd or 4th line, but Jarvis mixes up the lines a lot. Lately in the games I've listened to (most of them I've heard on the radio) he's gotten a shot on the top lines here and there.

Old
04-11-2004, 05:41 PM
Mike8

Ferland's also getting some time on the PP on the rare occasion. When he does get on the PP, his play his exclusively in the crease. He just sits there, screens the goalie, and occasionally draws a penalty.

He's tough to move from the front of the net.

Old
04-11-2004, 09:24 PM
rodmtl

Send a message via Yahoo to rodmtl
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I know a girl over in Moscow who has helped me get a few games on tape (it's very involved though, cause the Russian mail system is very very slow and then I have to get the tapes transfered from the Euro system to the north american tv system.

I also know some people who will trade or sell some games here and there. I'm expecting 3 more games of Kastsitsyn from last years WJC's but that might have fallen though, don't know yet.

I have almost every prospect we have on tape except Eneqvist, Lindberg, Marois, Shasby and Danis.

Thx for the reply... nice
I can only say one thing : lucky guy!
even though, from what you are describing, this sound like a lot of work...
Have you ever thaught of putting some of this stuff online?
If ever you did or you will or you want to, PLS let me know!

By the way, I did visit Moscow in 1993 (while the playoff, it was during NYI and Buff. games... to be precise!) and I know what you mean by slow mail system!
thx again for the info!

Closed Thread