HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#13 - 10.28.09 | New York Rangers @ New York Islanders | 7:00 PM - MSG2

Old
10-29-2009, 05:54 AM
Cermi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohenzee View Post
Islanders fan coming in peace.

Just wanted to say how impressed I was with Del Zotto tonight. If only our front office could draft a high-quality defenseman like he is going to be real soon.
Thanks man, we appreciate that. I can believe we got him so late in the first round. 2008 was one of the best drafts ever - MDZ so late in the first round, Derek Stepan in the 2nd round and Grachev in the 3rd round - all of them would go in the first round in a redraft.

btw I gotta celebrate today anyway! I got my SAT scores and I have 690CR/750M/680W. Guess that's not bad for an interantional...

Last edited by Cermi: 10-29-2009 at 06:04 AM.
Cermi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 06:31 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloutierForVezina View Post
Nucks fan stopping by, I've been going out of my way to try to watch as many rangers games as I can lately to watch Del Zotto play because he's looked really impressive to me but I wasn't able to watch this one (Only listen, which tells so little). Couple of question...

I noticed he played ~21:30 tonight which is a big step up from his usual 15-18 minutes, has he earned the ice time? I heard he made a few good defensive plays, how has his defensive game looked?

Was he at least a bright spot tonight or did he put in a poor showing?

Thanks!
MDZ has really improved his end zone play. He took out Okposo and broke up a rush on the same shift. He gets better and better each game. He doesn't look like a 19 year old kid playing in the NHL. MDZ likes to throw a hipcheck.

MDZ needs to shoot the puck more. He keeps looking to pass to Kotalik. MDZ has a good shot.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 06:35 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusrage21 View Post
Yeah......... At one point there was a 4 or so on one beat down at one end with rangers fans doing the beating and across the rink there was one with islander fans doing the beating.............
People who go to games and get into fist fights should be banned from ever attending another professional sporting event.

Moronic. The players on the ice changed teams at the drop of a hat and the fans are getting themselves into legal trouble by fighting over the Rangers and Islanders.

Old
10-29-2009, 06:37 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Had to go to work and missed the post game comments from Torts.

What'd he have to say??

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 06:39 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The team hit three posts and a 1 crossbar. It's a different result if 1 of those pucks went into the net.It wouldn't matter which team played hard and which team didn't.Girardi doesn't fan the puck and Gilroy doesn't fall asleep on the first goal.Different story.

Old
10-29-2009, 07:09 AM
HAPPY HOUR

http://www.newsday.com/news/tortorel...p-up-1.1556306

Lol.."I don't give a damn about John Tavares..I care about my team.."

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 07:16 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
People who go to games and get into fist fights should be banned from ever attending another professional sporting event.

Moronic. The players on the ice changed teams at the drop of a hat and the fans are getting themselves into legal trouble by fighting over the Rangers and Islanders.
That's pretty much been my philosphy but sometimes the fight is unavoidable for one of the parties involved. When I went to a Caps/Rangers game last season I was nothing but peaceful the whole game (unless you consider cheering when the Rangers score obnoxious), and after the game as I was leaving I was cursed at and some Caps fan got in my face and started a fight with me, so naturally I had to defend myself.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 07:33 AM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

Good response from Torts when talking to the media. "I don't give a damn about John Tavares, I care about my team."

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 07:58 AM
Levitate

Quote:
The team hit three posts and a 1 crossbar. It's a different result if 1 of those pucks went into the net.It wouldn't matter which team played hard and which team didn't.Girardi doesn't fan the puck and Gilroy doesn't fall asleep on the first goal.Different story.
Eh, but even if they won, I think we'd be complaining about how poor a game it was. They just played really bad. I kept thinking they'd wake up and shift the momentum, but they never came close.

And about Torts' quote...Andrew Gross called him out with a sarcastic "classy" comment about it. Give me a break, Gross, the guys team just played a horrible game and lost and people are asking about the other team? He gave the response that every coach in his situation wants to give

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 08:20 AM
beastly115

I had to leave when the score was 1-1.

Unbelievable that we have so many 20+ goal scorers and none of them can score against one of the worst teams in the league. Wow.

If this team can't at least beat the worst teams in the league without Gaborik, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. We all knew he was going to go down some time.

And to top it off the Yankees ****ing lost. **** NY sports.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
I had to leave when the score was 1-1.

Unbelievable that we have so many 20+ goal scorers and none of them can score against one of the worst teams in the league. Wow.

If this team can't at least beat the worst teams in the league without Gaborik, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. We all knew he was going to go down some time.

And to top it off the Yankees ****ing lost. **** NY sports.
It's 1 game, they have a bazillion posts. one goes in they win.....yea it's an exuse but it's true, as bad as they played they really should of won

I mean same play Cally and Lisin off the bar, they get that it's 2-1, momentum change

lets just beat the Wild and all is well

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 08:45 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

When you hit that many posts in a night, you know that it's not your night.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 08:50 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson View Post
That wasnt a penalty on Berganheim. Isles should have had a PP
this...if 2 guys cant go to the net hard and bump into each other with neither initiating contact, then this game has gotten far too soft. a shove would mean bergenheim pushed him with his hands, which clearly didnt happen. kotalik lost his balance, or just flopped to get a call and the refs bit

isles31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 09:08 AM
Kostas X

Listen the Islanders aren't a good hockey team, but they aren't a terrible hockey team either. They've been in 95% of their games this year, they're just a very inexperienced team, and they have a lot of trouble closing games out. It's a quality that seperates good teams from not good ones, in hockey and in baseball.

Now onto the game. The Islander have to outwork teams every shift because they are out skilled on the ice. They've been doing it since Ted Nolan, and have continued to do it under Scott Gordon. If a team gets lazy against a team like the Islanders, it could spell trouble for them.

Also, sometimes you create your own good bounces and luck. Example, Sean Avery hit the post late in the game when he kicked the puck to the net and wasn't able to tee it up. If he would've been able to stuff it, it wouldn't have been a pretty goal by any means but it would have been a goal. Now how about on Tavares' goal? Instead of going off the ice with the rest of his line he skated down ice, collided with a Rangers defender behind the net and the guy lost his stick. Tavares gets the puck back, has his pass blocked back to him, then his 2nd attempt at a pass gets deflected in. Pretty goal? Hell no. Skill? Hardly. But the guy worked for it, and got lucky as a result of it.

Kostas X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 09:13 AM
potvins4cups

Quote:

Back when things were different and players played a good portion of their career's on one team there was a serious hatred on the ice between rivals and in the stands between fans. now it's just in the stands. these players do not hate one another. they are all butt buddies in the offseasons.

potvins4cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 09:19 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

ugh enough with the posts...the fact is theyve been getting outplayed by "lesser" teams all season long but theyve had the "puckluck" on thier side and have come away with wins because of it. Tonight they had no business even being close in that game, let alone winning it with or without the posts.

and did i see someone post thier SAT scores on here? wow...

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 09:23 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
POSITIVES about last night

From my seats, Del Zotto was the best defenseman for the Rangers last night, offensively, and defensively. He was poking everything away, clogging the passing lanes, in great position, and hitting HARD. Offensively, he was the Del Zotto we all know and love.

Lisin looked good. A few bumbles here and there, but he created a lot of our chances. You can tell he needs Gaborik on his line though, not too mooch off of, but because Gaborik gives him space. Lisin isn't strong enough a player to work through more then one person. Good night overall.

NEGATIVES.

Drury was invisible, slow, and was in his own zone whenever he was on the ice, he's making the players around him worse.

Roszival was a disaster. So much for the bounce back.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post

Roszival was a disaster. So much for the bounce back.
Rozsival has been average to good for weeks now. Certainly not a disaster. Thats a pretty unfair assessment.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 09:32 AM
t3hg00se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Rozsival has been average to good for weeks now. Certainly not a disaster. Thats a pretty unfair assessment.
His stick work looked terrible, his play was lazy, and he was coughing the puck up all night.

Also, on the play he lost his stick and Tavares scored, he was too damn soft and didn't play his man. He should have had Taveres' ass on the ice, and instead just watched him go by him.

Old
10-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
this...if 2 guys cant go to the net hard and bump into each other with neither initiating contact, then this game has gotten far too soft. a shove would mean bergenheim pushed him with his hands, which clearly didnt happen. kotalik lost his balance, or just flopped to get a call and the refs bit
I dont' think he flopped, I think his skates just got mixed up and then he tripped over Lundqvist's foot. But yeah, that was a bad call

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

From what I saw, Avery had one awful game. And shockingly I see posts where no one brings that up when talking about negatives from last night....

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 09:45 AM
t3hg00se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
From what I saw, Avery had one awful game. And shockingly I see posts where no one brings that up when talking about negatives from last night....
He had a terrible game. Bad penalties, was lazy, and couldn't put one home for beans.

Old
10-29-2009, 09:50 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

What's sad is that that was the first game all season that the Rangers scored less than 2 goals.

BTW, this is also the first time since 05-06 that the Rangers have taken more penalties than they've had PP opportunities. On another note, the Rangers had taken more penalties than PPO from 2000-2006.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 10-29-2009 at 09:55 AM.
WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 09:53 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
What's sad is that that was the first game all season that the Rangers scored less than 2 goals.
Get used to it if Gabby's out.

None of this should be a shock, when I spoke with Ranger brass and brought up the offense they said 'Just give it to Gaborik'. Well, now who do you give it to?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 10:05 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Get used to it if Gabby's out.

None of this should be a shock, when I spoke with Ranger brass and brought up the offense they said 'Just give it to Gaborik'. Well, now who do you give it to?
Should have been Zherdev. Not to be wise arch (or, in fact, being one) I pointed out many times there will be no one between Gabi and the rest.
Here we go...

94now is offline   Reply With Quote