HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 'what the crap should we do?!' thread

Old
11-03-2009, 08:46 PM
detredWINgs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
I'd love to have that pairing, but they're both injury prone. Volchenkov more so due to his style of play.

Also, isn't he due for a pretty big raise? I could see him signing for 4.5m but I could also see him signing for around 5m.
Yeah, hes due for a big raise. He only makes 2.5 now, and would easily get over 4M on the open market, but like I said, if Holland thought he could retain him (4M x 6yrs?), it would certainly be worth Kindl.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Nordic*

See what we can get for Meech, Lebda, Leino, Rafalski and Abdelkader.

If a couple or all of them can get us either of Mitchell or Volchenkov that is a win for us, as long as we get rid of Rafalski.

Give Ericsson more time on the PP instead, he's supposed to be an offensive defenceman after all.

Then try to sign Peter Forsberg for the playoffs.

Zetterberg-Forsberg-Bertuzzi

Franzen-Datsyuk-Cleary

Eaves-Filppula-Holmstrom

Draper-Helm-Williams

Then next season try to see if we can prye Weinhandl away from Russia.

Johan Davidsson is 33 years old, and the best player in the SEL - defensively sound and leads the league in points. He'd be a great addition, and I don't think he'd cost more than the normal fee since he doesn't belong to another organization.

Yeah, I'm Swedish

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 10:25 AM
12YearExtension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
See what we can get for Meech, Lebda, Leino, Rafalski and Abdelkader.

If a couple or all of them can get us either of Mitchell or Volchenkov that is a win for us, as long as we get rid of Rafalski.

Give Ericsson more time on the PP instead, he's supposed to be an offensive defenceman after all.

Then try to sign Peter Forsberg for the playoffs.

Zetterberg-Forsberg-Bertuzzi

Franzen-Datsyuk-Cleary

Eaves-Filppula-Holmstrom

Draper-Helm-Williams

Then next season try to see if we can prye Weinhandl away from Russia.

Johan Davidsson is 33 years old, and the best player in the SEL - defensively sound and leads the league in points. He'd be a great addition, and I don't think he'd cost more than the normal fee since he doesn't belong to another organization.

Yeah, I'm Swedish
Forsberg will never play for the Wings.

12YearExtension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Vancouver's not trading Mitchell. Get it out of your head, Nordic. They are a contender and he's arguably their best defenseman.

Ricelund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by arice89 View Post
Vancouver's not trading Mitchell. Get it out of your head, Nordic. They are a contender and he's arguably their best defenseman.
Brendan Witt might be available

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 01:51 PM
SirKillalot

If Forsberg does well in Karjala Cup, let's sign him at minimum wage!

SirKillalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 02:06 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKillalot View Post
Does the CBA allow you to pay a player $X for each game he actually plays? Cuz that's the only way I'd have any interest in Floppa.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 05:40 PM
SayNoToStim

Lidstrom has previously gone to the upper management and told them Forsberg would be a bad choice for the team because of their past history. I can't see how anything has changed between then and now.

SayNoToStim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 05:55 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayNoToStim View Post
Lidstrom has previously gone to the upper management and told them Forsberg would be a bad choice for the team because of their past history. I can't see how anything has changed between then and now.
When was this? Before or after Forsberg and a slew of Red Wings came together to win an Olympic gold medal?

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 10:21 PM
fimoknete

would should we do?
trade.
now with 4 guys out for long time we should think about a trade.
but where to start? and who?
goalie? defense? center? winger?
we could offer
(rafalski-ntc), lebda, meech, helm, howard, abdelkader, leino, erricson. the rest is fixed for the team.
looks like we dont get some quality stuff for anyone of this guys except rafalski. but he is busting his value by him self at the moment.

fimoknete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 03:43 AM
octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayNoToStim View Post
The avalanche and Wings haven't been bitter rivals for some years now.

as far as "Oh dear, the sky is falling", it sucks, but the Wings have been one of the dominant if not the dominant team in the league since the mid 90's.I mean, pretty much any other fans would kill to have a team that made 6 Cup finals, at least 8 conference finals and actually won 4 Cups. So, they won't be so good this year, or maybe for a few years, they'll get back eventually. What'd you expect them to dominate the league or come close constantly?

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 05:11 AM
Nordic*

I've fealt for a while, that the reason Detroit is tanking offensively, is because we really don't have a real playmaker on the team.

Z & D are elite two-way-forwards, but hardly playmakers like Savard, Thornton, Backstrom etc.

This is the reason why I'd like to see Nylander on the team, his defensive short comings could be nullified if we put him with two of our many defensively solid forwards.

Old
11-08-2009, 06:16 AM
Huge Jackman
Happy Happy Happy!

Send a message via Yahoo to Huge Jackman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
But, do u realise we could have had players like Gaborik, traded for some decent players and acquired great free agents, but we went with Bertuzzi (wtf?) who can't score an empty net if he the whole period to do it, Williams (not too impressed) and they let guaranteed goalscorers like Hossa, Hudler and Samuelsson go? I just don't get the salary cap. Surely all the guys wanted to stay, but Red Wings management/board just wanted to "freshen" up things. We could have kept those guys and still been under the salary cap.
I'd like to know how you figure that... please explain

Huge Jackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 06:18 AM
Huge Jackman
Happy Happy Happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Brendan Witt might be available
Yep, and Curtis Joseph definitely is

Old
11-08-2009, 06:21 AM
Huge Jackman
Happy Happy Happy!

Nylander

Quote:
I've fealt for a while, that the reason Detroit is tanking offensively, is because we really don't have a real playmaker on the team.

Z & D are elite two-way-forwards, but hardly playmakers like Savard, Thornton, Backstrom etc.

This is the reason why I'd like to see Nylander on the team, his defensive short comings could be nullified if we put him with two of our many defensively solid forwards.
How did he look in GR? He seems to be streaky as hell, but if he clicks with a line mate (aka Jagr), friggin brilliant. He's a 5 mil hit? More than a bit of a gamble.

Old
11-08-2009, 06:23 AM
Huge Jackman
Happy Happy Happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKillalot View Post
I'd sooner bring back DMac. At least his foot would last more than two games.

Old
11-08-2009, 06:29 AM
Huge Jackman
Happy Happy Happy!

I think the Wings could end up being the 2010 version of the 2009 Ducks. The Ducks stumbled through the entire regular season, their GM had a fire sale at the deadline, they scraped into the playoffs and came damn close to getting by us and maybe playing for the Cup.

I wouldn't mind being the #8 seed that no one wants to face

Old
11-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbourne Ice View Post
How did he look in GR? He seems to be streaky as hell, but if he clicks with a line mate (aka Jagr), friggin brilliant. He's a 5 mil hit? More than a bit of a gamble.
I have no idea, but the team started winning when he got there - and he got most of his points on the pp.

Old
11-08-2009, 01:21 PM
tfong

Quote:

How you think Nylander can make a difference when Dats can't is beyond me.

Datsyuk is a playmaker (where you been the last 5 years?), he just happens to be defensively responsible as well, but he IS a playmaker.

Lack of secondary scoring from Leino (had high hopes for him) and a few others is contributing to the mess and the goaltending situation isn't helping by any stretch to give the team confidence.

I was thinking we should trade for Giguere, hes coming off LTR in Anaheim and we know he lost his job to Hiller but hes damn better than Ozzie.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
How you think Nylander can make a difference when Dats can't is beyond me.

Datsyuk is a playmaker (where you been the last 5 years?), he just happens to be defensively responsible as well, but he IS a playmaker.

Lack of secondary scoring from Leino (had high hopes for him) and a few others is contributing to the mess and the goaltending situation isn't helping by any stretch to give the team confidence.

I was thinking we should trade for Giguere, hes coming off LTR in Anaheim and we know he lost his job to Hiller but hes damn better than Ozzie.

I wouldn't call Datsyuk a playmaker. He's not a great passer.

Old
11-08-2009, 02:02 PM
nik jr

Quote:
i am tempted to respond as HD does, but i won't.

datsyuk is one of the best passers in the world.

since datsyuk's rookie season, only thornton and alfredsson have more assists. alfredsson has 1 more.

datsyuk had more assists than savard in both of the last 2 seasons, and had 1 less than backstrom, who plays with the best goalscorer since lemieux.

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
i am tempted to respond as HD does, but i won't.

datsyuk is one of the best passers in the world.

since datsyuk's rookie season, only thornton and alfredsson have more assists. alfredsson has 1 more.

datsyuk had more assists than savard in both of the last 2 seasons, and had 1 less than backstrom, who plays with the best goalscorer since lemieux.

I really don't see him as a playmaker regardless, and he doesn't stand out as a passer. He makes his way through stickhandling and body movement, you never see him dominate the pp through his passing ability.

The best playmaker in Detroit is Lidstrom.

It seems like every ******* team in the league has a better passing during pp, than we do.

Old
11-08-2009, 02:55 PM
sarcastro

Returning to relevant matters, we need someone to print up a list of guys in the last year of their contracts that might be obtainable to patch things up here for the next couple of months.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 02:57 PM
nik jr

Quote:
I really don't see him as a playmaker regardless, and he doesn't stand out as a passer. He makes his way through stickhandling and body movement, you never see him dominate the pp through his passing ability.

The best playmaker in Detroit is Lidstrom.

It seems like every ******* team in the league has a better passing during pp, than we do.
datsyuk is a better playmaker than lidstrom. lidstrom's passing is in support of the F's more than it creates plays. that is why lidstrom relies so much on PP for scoring.

datsyuk uses stickhandling and body movement to gain space to make plays, mostly for teammates.

i have seen him dominate a PP through passing many times.
last season, datsyuk had a very high ratio of PP points/PPTOI, among the best in the NHL.

datsyuk's playmaking is the reason he has the puck the most on PP.

if it seems like every team's PP has better passing, you should watch other teams more.

if you make a poll in the poll section, DRW would be ranked as one of the best passing teams, and datsyuk would be ranked as one of the best playmakers.

Last edited by nik jr: 11-08-2009 at 03:18 PM.
nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Roy S

Quote:

Roy S is offline   Reply With Quote