HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes @ Blue Jackets (10/28/09)

Old
10-28-2009, 08:24 PM
hao chi

vCash: 500
Very nice play by Yandle.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 08:27 PM
samabam

granted, I am not able to see the game, but listening to the radio it sounds like Vandermeer is having yet another really solid night for the Yotes.

Just now must have been another great save by Labarbera, the guy in the radio is screaming

samabam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 08:27 PM
ducky

Let's hope this is the sign that Yandle will be our true PP quarterback. Big 3 assist night.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 08:33 PM
samabam

Feels good to win again

too bad I couldn't watch the game but even on radio it was enjoyable

from listening my three stars for the night would be
1st: Labarbera
2nd: Vandermeer
3rd: Yandle

samabam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

vCash: 466
This team responded well after that Rangers loss and Columbus scoring in the 1st period.
4 different Coyotes scoring with 3 PP Goals and 2 players(Hanzel and Prytt). Getting their first of the year.

LaBarbara stepping up big ensuring the Yotes didn't start heading down a major losing streak and had 3 big one timer saves in the process.

Now the Coyotes are 3-2 after giving up the first goal.

LaBarbara 1st star with 31 saves.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 08:38 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

My 3 stars (in no particular order):
Labarbara
Yandle
Hanzel

Honorable mentions go to Vandermeer, Doan, and actually Mueller (although he looked bad on one backcheck effort) who picked up his physical play and was much more effective tonight than recent efforts. Winnik played some solid minutes as well.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 08:42 PM
indczn

Gotta give Hanzal a star point for the game, he was pretty impressive for most of the game.

Big negative to upshall and his penalties, no surprise he rode the bench at the end.

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 08:45 PM
DouX
Keeping Arizona Icy

Good win tonight, great job by Labarbera in net, and good team win. I like what the PP has done so far this season and especially tonight. I can't wait to see the replay of this game. Good job Yotes.

DouX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 08:49 PM
WJF

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
My 3 stars (in no particular order):
Labarbara
Yandle
Hanzel

Honorable mentions go to Vandermeer, Doan, and actually Mueller (although he looked bad on one backcheck effort) who picked up his physical play and was much more effective tonight than recent efforts. Winnik played some solid minutes as well.
Agreed. I watched the game and Barbie was the 1st star by a long shot. He stopped at least 3 SURE goals, stoning the BJs. Barbie really blue-balled the BJs tonight.

Hanzal had a strong night. Very strong. Even if he hadn't scored, he still shouldve been a star.

Yandle, what can you say, 3 assists.

I actually liked both the Doan-Hanzal-Mueller and Vrbata-Lang-Prucha lines, to be honest, and i like Pyatt with Fidd and Winnik the Pooh.

WJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 08:55 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Lot of positives tonight and I really like how the team responded after a couple of disappointing games. Hanzal with 5 shots, why can't he do it every game? I sincerely hope he becomes an offensive factor this season.

ParisSaintGermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 10:20 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Just watched the highlights. An absolutely spectacular performance by Labarbara...hopefully he can be a solid backup the entire season. That is the kind of game the Yotes need to play every night. hopefully they can start doing that.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

vCash: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSaintGermain View Post
Lot of positives tonight and I really like how the team responded after a couple of disappointing games. Hanzal with 5 shots, why can't he do it every game? I sincerely hope he becomes an offensive factor this season.
Its all about match ups! Unlike Gretzky, Tippett isn't going to change up the lines every game. As Strader said during the game Tippett does a 10 game progress report for the team and will match up players based upon performance and sees what sticks.

Yes, the Czech line was good but it had to take a line of Doan Hazel Mueller for Hanzel to get a tally.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:09 PM
MP

Wasn't able to watch, but I like those three PP goals. It'll be fun to see if that Doan-Hanzal-Mueller line takes off.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Some thoughts from the game, having been there in person...

-- I meant to say Aucoin earlier. I butchered every single thing in that post from the spelling to his jersey number. But I meant Aucoin.

-- We couldn't really score on your backup goalie. I think he built one of those invisible walls you see in cartoons, and we just kept boinking the puck off of that. But seriously, I'd put him in the next game and see what happens.

-- Despite the quick rush to judgment by some CBJ fans, the two goals weren't Mason's fault (as in he was undressed and made to look bad, or that they were soft shots); you guys were just opportunistic in getting them. The super-quick poke-in rebound on the first, and then the redirect on the second. I don't think we ever recovered from it.

-- If you can't tell, our defense kinda sucks right now. I'm not pinning it all on this, but we miss Jan Hejda a LOT! Our defense has gone to hell around the same time Hejda went out. You've seen us twice so far, the first time while Hejda was in, so you know our situation.

-- The one little Yotes fan I saw was cheering happily when the game ended. I couldn't help but smile. He was totally oblivious to who's arena he was in, to the franchise issues, to all of that. He was a happy tyke. It sucks my team lost, but somehow, seeing him just made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Besides, the sun will come up tomorrow, and we'll live to see another day, like you guys did after the Rangers game.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 12:15 AM
hao chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
Wasn't able to watch, but I like those three PP goals. It'll be fun to see if that Doan-Hanzal-Mueller line takes off.
I think Mueller needs to be on Doan's line at this point in his career, and I think it was rt that kept saying he wants Mueller and Hanzal on the same line. So hopefully it will work out well for them.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 12:40 AM
ducky

For those that could watch, how did the Doan - Hanzal - Mueller line play? Did they have many (any) chances?

Don't recall that combo being tried in the past but if we can get Hanzal and Mueller going offensively we will be a very good team.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 02:16 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Upshall takes too many penalties. However, a lot of his penalties much earlier in the season were total BS. He just broke even. I was giving him a pass, but now... things need to change. Still, he, Winnik and Doan clearly have the most hustle

Lepisto is good. Vandermeer is good. Yandle is good. When Sauer comes back it should be the Korpikoski/Bissonnette spot that sits. Eleven forwards and seven defensemen is the the clear answer, here. I really, really hope that Tippett can see that. Maybe send Korpikoski down. He's had chances and hasn't shown a whole lot. We already know he's great at the AHL level, but we need wins. I think that Bissonnette provides something he can't(clearly, and some may object, but obviously the organization wants what Bissonnette has), and that all of Yandle, Lepisto, Vandermeer, and Sauer are much more valuable in the line-up that Korpikoski has shown.

Peter Mueller worked hard. Not nearly as hard as his cheerleaders in the broadcast booth were trying to sell us on, but hard enough to stay in the lineup.

Hanzal had a goal. A hard work goal, for sure. Still, I don't think he's going to turn into that offensive second line center we're all hoping for. His decision making, with the puck on his stick is painfully slow. I feel like he has that creativity in him, but his hands can't catch up with his head. Or something like that, anyway. I think he's a great shut-down center who will always put up at least decent point totals. That said, he's not a scoring line center. At least I haven't seen that in him yet. That was one of my big hopes going into the season, to see him pick it up in that department. Now, I don't know that it's there. He and Lang should switch spots. They really should. Hanzal works well with Vrbata, but I think it's Radim that's the offensive catalyst on that line, rather than Hanzal. Vrbata is just such an intelligent hockey player. He's almost like our Michalek of the forward corps. His positioning is impeccable. He's just always in the right spot at the right time.

Winnik is the man. Who doesn't just love him at this point?

I think Bissonnette gets a bad rap around here. He's consistently physical and seems to have the right instincts, hockey-wise. He's just too tentative. He's a rookie and it shows. He makes some mistakes but always seems to have the right idea. He just can't execute. Not yet, anyway. Play our cards right, and I think we could have a pre-face shatter Todd Fedoruk on our hands.

Pyatt had a really good game. He looks great on that fourth line.

I don't know what that does to lines when Sauer is back, though. I mean, I don't really like Pyatt on the Lombardi, Upshall line, and I don't see what other winger could fill in without giving him way too many minutes. I would say that Winnik on that line would be way over kicking his coverage, for sure. Still, you just can't take any of Sauer, Yandle, Lepisto, or Vandermeer out of the line-up, so what do you do? It's such a tough call. I feel like Doan, Lang, and Mueller must be tried together. The original Czech line(Prucha-Hanzal-Vrbata) is a total keeper. Pyatt-Fiddler-Winnik looks great. So who does that leave for Upshall and Lombardi? I really don't think that either of Korpikoski or Bissonnette can justify taking any of our seven defensemen out of the line-up. Is it time to call up Porter and see if he's capable of doing so? Upshall-Lombardi-Porter could be very good. It's entirely possible. Still, which D does he subplant? Man, that's a toughy. Could the second winger on the Lombardi and Upshall line be done by committee? Shifts of Doan, Vrbata, Prucha, Winnik, and Pyatt throughout the game?

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 02:24 AM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
For those that could watch, how did the Doan - Hanzal - Mueller line play? Did they have many (any) chances?

Don't recall that combo being tried in the past but if we can get Hanzal and Mueller going offensively we will be a very good team.
I thought that line looked more dominate than any line I have seen the Coyotes ice in recent years.

If Hanzal can keep playing the exact same game, but find a way to get rid of the puck when he is not moving and protecting a fraction of a second sooner he will start looking like the poor-man's Joe Thornton some thought he could become. It seems like that could really happen too, because he was doing it at times tonight. He was protecting the puck and hitting not only his line mates, but the defense with great passes when players worked to get open. He just seems far more confident giving up the puck and trusting his line mates in one game with Mueller and Doan than he ever has before. In a lot of games I have seen him hold the puck, look around, not see anything and either dump it in the corner or worse just hold it too long and turn it over. I hope it wasn't a fluke and they can play like that consistently.

Doan actually looked comfortable with his line mates, which is great and unfortunately rare. It doesn't hurt at all that Mueller was moving his feet and, as Mr Keen Sense of the Obvious (aka Tyson Nash) pointed out, threw four noticeable hits just in the first period. Mueller, Hanzal and Doan just looked so promising together.

I like Prucha - Lang - Vrbata even better with Hanzal looking even better on another line. They didn't play any better together than they have in the past, but it is a solid second line. Lang's wrister on the power play was almost as good as Yandle's set up.

Yandle was a beast. He really sold that slap shot was coming, and managed to turn his fake slap shot into a perfect pass (not a slap pass at all, that was perfectly placed for Lang to get a shot off cleanly) all in one motion without giving away what he was doing with his stick work or his head movement. I was shocked to read some people saying Lepisto ought to be ahead of Yandle on the depth chart. I hope this game changed your mind, at least a little.

Lepisto looks promising. He also often reminds me of Yandle a year or two ago. He is good at getting out of initial trouble with the puck on his stick in sometimes hopeless looking situations. He also tends to rush his judgment (i.e. no patience) when he is not in trouble which is the difference between Yandle and Lepisto and the difference between nifty moves that go no where and moves that generate scoring chances. Yandle also seems far more (and yes at times too) confident in his own zone with and without the puck. Lepisto goes from confident to lost with no warning at all. I'm not down on Lepisto, he's a rookie after all, but he needs a lot more seasoning before I will compare him to Yandle.

I like Pyatt playing with Upshall and Lombardi even less than Mueller. Pyatt looks even slower than Mueller on that line.

Later in the game when Upshall and Bissonnette were not getting regular ice time, Tippett had Pyatt skating with Winnik and Fiddler. That line clicked. They were a wrecking crew that I can imagine other teams being afraid to play against.

I don't think I need to say much about LaBarbera. I did notice him talking after the game about "Burkie's" influence on him. It was exactly what you'd expect and what I had always hoped for. He said Burke is giving him confidence and showing him how to simplify his game. Burke is really doing wonders for both Bryzgalov and Labarbera. The only fault I see in the coaching staff so far is playing Bryzgalov too much.

Bryzgalov is developing into a really good positional goalie. He is a big guy. He is still learning (and unlearning). He is also still rather new to being a starting goalie. Very few goalies ever look very good playing 70+ games. Most of those guys are just gifted, natural goalies and athletes. Bryzgalov is learning a system that takes athletes, gives them focus and turns them into machines. That focus is taxing, especially when you are still honing it. If they over play Bryzgalov it will result in bad games and stunt his development and his confidence.

It was a fun game to watch. It was especially fun to watch the Coyotes respond with confidence after giving up a goal it would have been tough to stop. They turned a one goal deficit into a dominating effort. Well played!

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 02:40 AM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Upshall takes too many penalties. However, a lot of his penalties much earlier in the season were total BS. He just broke even. I was giving him a pass, but now... things need to change. Still, he, Winnik and Doan clearly have the most hustle
I agree with you there. It is just so hard to give up his hustle. I really hope the coaching staff can find a way to get him to play with all that heart and yet with a little more discipline. It isn't like he is losing his head entirely. That high sticking penalty was a hustle play, trying to back check and steal the puck, that was just a little out of control.

Quote:
Eleven forwards and seven defensemen is the the clear answer, here. I really, really hope that Tippett can see that. Maybe send Korpikoski down. He's had chances and hasn't shown a whole lot.
You might be right. I'm still not entirely sure. After seeing Porter and Boedker getting sent down though, I can easily see Lepisto going the same route. He's the same kind of player that while not over matched playing in the NHL, might benefit in the long term playing bigger minutes in the AHL and being the top call-up.

Quote:
His decision making, with the puck on his stick is painfully slow. I feel like he has that creativity in him, but his hands can't catch up with his head. Or something like that, anyway.
It is hard to tell right now. The difference between painfully slow and right on time in the NHL can be minute. I'm not sure if he can make that jump, but I definitely saw signs of progress tonight.

Quote:
Winnik is the man. Who doesn't just love him at this point?
I do, but you know I always have.

Quote:
I think Bissonnette gets a bad rap around here. He's consistently physical and seems to have the right instincts, hockey-wise. He's just too tentative. He's a rookie and it shows. He makes some mistakes but always seems to have the right idea.
You might be on to something there. He is definitely jumpy playing in the offensive zone. I did notice him look a lot more confident carrying the puck behind the net and making a pass up ice like the defense man he once was. Hopefully he'll adapt sooner rather than later to being a forward.

Quote:
Pyatt had a really good game. He looks great on that fourth line.
Pyatt looked like he was skating in sand when he was playing with Upshall and Lombardi, but I agree he did look more than solid on the fourth line with Winnik and Fiddler. I really wish he had finished that short handed chance, because it just reminded me too much of the highlight reel Nash goal, minus the finish.

Old
10-29-2009, 02:45 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
I thought that line looked more dominate than any line I have seen the Coyotes ice in recent years.

If Hanzal can keep playing the exact same game, but find a way to get rid of the puck when he is not moving and protecting a fraction of a second sooner he will start looking like the poor-man's Joe Thornton some thought he could become. It seems like that could really happen too, because he was doing it at times tonight. He was protecting the puck and hitting not only his line mates, but the defense with great passes when players worked to get open. He just seems far more confident giving up the puck and trusting his line mates in one game with Mueller and Doan than he ever has before. In a lot of games I have seen him hold the puck, look around, not see anything and either dump it in the corner or worse just hold it too long and turn it over. I hope it wasn't a fluke and they can play like that consistently.

Doan actually looked comfortable with his line mates, which is great and unfortunately rare. It doesn't hurt at all that Mueller was moving his feet and, as Mr Keen Sense of the Obvious (aka Tyson Nash) pointed out, threw four noticeable hits just in the first period. Mueller, Hanzal and Doan just looked so promising together.

I like Prucha - Lang - Vrbata even better with Hanzal looking even better on another line. They didn't play any better together than they have in the past, but it is a solid second line. Lang's wrister on the power play was almost as good as Yandle's set up.

Yandle was a beast. He really sold that slap shot was coming, and managed to turn his fake slap shot into a perfect pass (not a slap pass at all, that was perfectly placed for Lang to get a shot off cleanly) all in one motion without giving away what he was doing with his stick work or his head movement. I was shocked to read some people saying Lepisto ought to be ahead of Yandle on the depth chart. I hope this game changed your mind, at least a little.

Lepisto looks promising. He also often reminds me of Yandle a year or two ago. He is good at getting out of initial trouble with the puck on his stick in sometimes hopeless looking situations. He also tends to rush his judgment (i.e. no patience) when he is not in trouble which is the difference between Yandle and Lepisto and the difference between nifty moves that go no where and moves that generate scoring chances. Yandle also seems far more (and yes at times too) confident in his own zone with and without the puck. Lepisto goes from confident to lost with no warning at all. I'm not down on Lepisto, he's a rookie after all, but he needs a lot more seasoning before I will compare him to Yandle.

I like Pyatt playing with Upshall and Lombardi even less than Mueller. Pyatt looks even slower than Mueller on that line.

Later in the game when Upshall and Bissonnette were not getting regular ice time, Tippett had Pyatt skating with Winnik and Fiddler. That line clicked. They were a wrecking crew that I can imagine other teams being afraid to play against.

I don't think I need to say much about LaBarbera. I did notice him talking after the game about "Burkie's" influence on him. It was exactly what you'd expect and what I had always hoped for. He said Burke is giving him confidence and showing him how to simplify his game. Burke is really doing wonders for both Bryzgalov and Labarbera. The only fault I see in the coaching staff so far is playing Bryzgalov too much.

Bryzgalov is developing into a really good positional goalie. He is a big guy. He is still learning (and unlearning). He is also still rather new to being a starting goalie. Very few goalies ever look very good playing 70+ games. Most of those guys are just gifted, natural goalies and athletes. Bryzgalov is learning a system that takes athletes, gives them focus and turns them into machines. That focus is taxing, especially when you are still honing it. If they over play Bryzgalov it will result in bad games and stunt his development and his confidence.

It was a fun game to watch. It was especially fun to watch the Coyotes respond with confidence after giving up a goal it would have been tough to stop. They turned a one goal deficit into a dominating effort. Well played!
I agree with most of what you said. I clearly wasn't quite as impressed with Hanzal on the Doan line, but I certainly can understand why it might be worth another couple of games worth of looks. Honestly, I think you could comforatably mix and match Doan with Prucha, Lang with Hanzal, and Mueller with Vrbata to form any combo you'd like out of the six. I was also very impressed with Pyatt, Fiddler, and Winnik as a line. Great forecheck. Good line. Those nine, are pretty well shored up, at this point. Upshall and Lombardi are a great pair. They're perfect for one another. The question is, who is the third man on that line? Especially when Sauer gets healthy. It's certainly not common to double shift guys on a line that gets that much ice-time. Could we do it by committee? What's the answer there? Maybe call up Porter and let him and Korpikoski battle it out for final cut? I'm not sure either makes a defenseman expendable, but maybe we should give them a chance to beat a guy like Vandermeer or Lepisto out for a job. I really don't know.

Old
10-29-2009, 02:50 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
I really wish he had finished that short handed chance, because it just reminded me too much of the highlight reel Nash goal, minus the finish.
I totally thought the same thing. Also, I'm not so sure that Vandy goal didn't go off of Pyatt's ass.

As far as Lepisto being sent down/scratched, I think he's impressed me a bit more than you. To me, his pinches aren't really racking up the points, but damn does he help the time of possession. He can really hold that line in the offensive zone and clear it out in a hurry in the defensive zone. I dont' want him to come out. I know Sauer is also really good. I also know that Vandermeer provides something that the other guys don't(on top of being a great compliment to Aucoin). I just feel like we have seven defensemen that have absolutely earned the right(thus far) to play in every game.

Old
10-29-2009, 03:11 AM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I agree with most of what you said. I clearly wasn't quite as impressed with Hanzal on the Doan line, but I certainly can understand why it might be worth another couple of games worth of looks. Honestly, I think you could comforatably mix and match Doan with Prucha, Lang with Hanzal, and Mueller with Vrbata to form any combo you'd like out of the six.
It is hard to go wrong with what you're saying, obviously the Coyotes went 6-4 that way. Much to your point, I see no drop off for Prucha and Vrbata's play when they are playing on a line with Lang.

I still like the lines tonight better than any other combination I have seen. Prucha - Lang - Vrbata doesn't look better yet, but Lang has a far better wrist shot than Hanzal does and I can see potential for Prucha and Vrbata being able to work the puck to Lang and him being better able to finish than Hanzal ever will. I see very little promise in Hanzal as a sniper at the NHL level.

I also see Hanzal looking more confident holding and passing the puck at any time in his career. For perspective, I thought he looked great doing that in his very first NHL game despite poor line mates. In that first game, he would hold the puck, get hit, go down on one knee, maintain possession, get up and keep looking to make a play. Since then I have seen him hold and pass the puck well to the point, but rarely to his line mates. Usually he would just hold the puck and either give up and try to dump it low or turn it over. Tonight, he looked like he really had a spark to his confidence as a passer. It was one game, it could very well be a fluke, but my impression is not based on him scoring (he has scored similar hard working goals like that before) but on his confidence actually making a pass instead of looking tentative and turning the puck over when he was protecting it. If he can keep that up, get just a ever so tiny bit faster and put on a few more pounds he could be quite the Thornton Jr in the offensive zone while putting Jumbo Joe to shame in the other two zones.

Quote:
As far as Lepisto being sent down/scratched, I think he's impressed me a bit more than you.
Try to think of it in the same respect as Porter and Boedker. Did they play well enough to earn a spot somewhere on the NHL roster? I think they did just as much as Lepisto. Did they get sent down? Yes, of course they did. Should they have been sent down and will they benefit from being sent down? Probably.

Ask yourself that of Lepisto. If you really think he is ahead of Porter and Boedker and/or would not benefit from bigger minutes in the AHL, that's fine. Also remember, that if they carry seven defense then someone is going to have to play forward or one or more defenseman are going to lose significant minutes. Both of those scenarios could be detrimental to Yandle and Lepsito's growth. Is it worth it?

Old
10-29-2009, 04:44 AM
PHX FireBirds18

I thought the whole reason for us getting Lepisto so cheap was because he didn't want to be in the minors and was going to leave if Washington if they didn't give him playing time.

I personally have been really impressed with Lepisto, I feel like his confidence is growing every game, same with Yandle. I believe I saw Sami on the PK tonight, he's doing something right. I believe his overall game is better than Yandle's right now, that's why I have him higher on the depth chart.

I completely agree with you RT. All thee guys deserve to be playing right now. If I'm not mistaken, Vandermeer has played some forward before, maybe try him there in in Bissonette's spot.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 04:46 AM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Moo View Post
-- If you can't tell, our defense kinda sucks right now. I'm not pinning it all on this, but we miss Jan Hejda a LOT! Our defense has gone to hell around the same time Hejda went out. You've seen us twice so far, the first time while Hejda was in, so you know our situation.
We know the feeling. When Sauer went down for us last year, our team completely fell apart. Hope he comes back soon for you guys, he's in the underrated category along with Michalek.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 10:04 AM
SH1VERmeT1MBERS

Very nice win last night!

A few observations:

I was very impressed with the physical play from unexpected sources. Vrbata and Mueller had some nice hits that were very surprising. It looks as if that has been a focus in practice.

I liked the Doan-Mueller-Hanzal line. Mueller looked like he had some jump and I love how Marty goes to the net. Doan had a rough time corraling the puck. Give this line a few games and I think they will produce.

I was happy with the Prucha-Lang-Vrbata line.

Upshall is killing me with these dumbass penalties. I like his hustle, but man...he's giving D-Tip fits.

Finally this team has an effective PP. Who'd have thought that if you move the puck effectively and get to scoring lanes that the puck might actually end up in the back of the net? Marty is doing a good job of getting in front of the goalie. He's a good fit there, and I think we'll get a few garbage goals out of him this season.

Thank God Sean Burke likes Phoenix!

SH1VERmeT1MBERS is offline   Reply With Quote