HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would Streit be available at the deadline?

Old
10-28-2009, 02:46 PM
BelovedIsles

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
i also think okposo would fetch a first rounder or maybe two first rounders.
And in turn, trade those first rounders for a first rounder in 2014. I hear that's going to be a great one, three Crosbys, some Ovechkins, and a touch of Orr.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 04:38 PM
kallur

Streit is in his prime and is the Isles #1 defenseman. The Islanders would have to get a good young player off the Ducks roster plus a top prospect. Maybe Bobby Ryan or Getzlaf or Corey Perry plus Sbisa. The Islanders could throw in a forward like Nielsen or Bergenheim to balance things out.

kallur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallur View Post
Streit is in his prime and is the Isles #1 defenseman. The Islanders would have to get a good young player off the Ducks roster plus a top prospect. Maybe Bobby Ryan or Getzlaf or Corey Perry plus Sbisa. The Islanders could throw in a forward like Nielsen or Bergenheim to balance things out.
Bergenheim is iffy, but from what Snow and Gordon say about Nielsen, there is very little chance that he goes anywhere, unless he is included in a package that nets a big return. And with our current situation, I dont see us being invlolved in a blockbuster trade anytime soon. Those are generally for teams that want to "change the culture". We're coming along nicely, and dont appear to have any real issues other than we need more talent.

EDIT: And by the same token I dont think Ryan or Sbisa go anywhere. They are two absolute gems, and would only be traded, like Spisa was involved in, for one of the best players in the league.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 05:11 PM
macleod50

vCash: 250
haha no.

Unless the Ducks plan to throw in Bobby Ryan, Perry, etc.. you get the drift.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Mr Wentworth
Arch Duke of Raleigh

Anyone is tradeable.

What will the Isles be getting back?

That is the question that needs to be asked.

Mr Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 06:18 PM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Invisible Poster View Post
Anyone is tradeable.

What will the Isles be getting back?

That is the question that needs to be asked.
A glance in the standings, and the question won't be about Streit at the deadline, but Scott Niedermayer for picks. Of course Scott will probably pull a Muller.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Pnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post
A glance in the standings, and the question won't be about Streit at the deadline, but Scott Niedermayer for picks. Of course Scott will probably pull a Muller.
yea they are last in the West, we are in a playoff spot (i know it is early). I expect the Isles to be in the hunt (at least) for a playoff spot. We will be looking to add (probably wont get any one because we dont have much to trade)a player, read: dman. We wont be trading away a guy who is our #1 dman and has a cheap contract with 3 seasons left on it.

Sorry it just drives me nuts that people think that this is still the Mike Milbury Islanders.

Last edited by Pnut: 11-18-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 06:53 PM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
yea they are last in the West, we are in a playoff spot (i know it is early). I expect the Isles to be in the hunt (at least) for a playoff spot. We will be looking to add (probably wont get any one because we dont have much to trade)a player, read: dman. We wont be trading away a guy who is our #1 dman and has a cheap contract with 3 seasons left on it.

Sorry it just drives me nuts that people think that this is still the Mike Milbury Islanders.
A Corvo or a Visnosky would be good. Remembering in 1993 we caught something very lucky in Chris Luongo, we had Kaspar, Malakhov, Krupp, Lachance and Pilon that year, all were very young. Luongo moved the puck well and made few mistakes.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 09:29 PM
IrishSteveZ

Look at his contract. That should end all talks. Streit is going nowhere.

IrishSteveZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 12:07 PM
CaptDenisPotvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
everyone is available on a last place team.

streit would get us a young defenseman plus a prospect. Let's face it Streit is 31 and this team isn't going anywhere, we're better off adding some depth to our depleted or deficient crop of young talent.

i was thinking about trading tavares for another first rounder next year and maybe a prospect? based on the last four games, he hasn't shown much and been invisible and slow. I think if we can flip Tavares and land Hall and Fowler we'd be ahead.

i also think okposo would fetch a first rounder or maybe two first rounders.

also, schremp is available for a first rounder. he's got mad-skillz.

Meth is a terrible drug, it tends to distort reality.....I hope you get help my friend, we are all behind you!

CaptDenisPotvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 12:32 PM
redbull
springtime hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDenisPotvin View Post
Meth is a terrible drug, it tends to distort reality.....I hope you get help my friend, we are all behind you!
I thought the entire post was so ridiculous that I didn't need to include the sarcasm emoticon. Having said that, I'm glad everyone here would be behind my Meth battles - should it ever be required.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Kevin27nyi
#21KO

vCash: 0
whats coming in return? streit is tradeable. maybe a first and and sbisa?

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin27NYI View Post
whats coming in return? streit is tradeable. maybe a first and and sbisa?

Some Isles fans are clearly allergic to even a hint of success.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 02:57 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post

In order to WIN BIG, you gotta LOSE BIG.

I like their moxy.

Who else is good? I bet we can do some real damage and be even better next rebuild!

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Who else is good? I bet we can do some real damage and be even better next rebuild!
Unfortunately, nobody else. That limits the damage.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 03:24 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Unfortunately, nobody else. That limits the damage.
Ah, we're close. One day we'll be so bad it will be impossible to make a bad trade or feel bad when losing!

Ahh, to dream, perchance, to lose.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Pnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post
A Corvo or a Visnosky would be good. Remembering in 1993 we caught something very lucky in Chris Luongo, we had Kaspar, Malakhov, Krupp, Lachance and Pilon that year, all were very young. Luongo moved the puck well and made few mistakes.
Yeah but this is not the 1993 Isles, give it a year or two. Pittsburgh has to win it again so we can thwart their try at 3 in a row

The rest of this tirade is not at you Mr majormet
We have very few decent players on this team. We are doing well and the team is starting to gel.

WHY THE HELL ARE WE TRYING TO TINKER WITH A TEAM THAT IS DOING WELL, BUT STILL YOUNG!!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't show any loyalty to the players on this team when we signed a guy to a 5 year contract, he was the best guy on the team last year and is one of the top 5 guys on the team this year (Now Okposo and Tavares and Rollie and Biron), and trade him??? Not a good thing to show to players and agents. Boy and then people wonder why players don't sign here. They will never sign here if Streit is not traded for a lot.

Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 05:35 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
milbury isles=good as gone for a 3rd rounder or some other project player thatd never pan out
snow isles=listen to offers, but pass

thank christ

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Kevin27nyi
#21KO

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post

sorry but id love it if they keep it up but i doubt they will and streit has not been good so far this season. sbisa is a good defenceman and anaheim has not been good this year (last in their conference and third worst in the league) and that pick is valuable.

thats kind of ridiculous that you would think that i dont like success because of an armchair trade a came up with

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 06:31 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

No Way

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 06:50 PM
RealSturat

Sarcasm/

I am a fan of another team and my team would like to take one of your best players while you are rebuilding and showing signs of finally being competitive. You won't need him. We'll give you a six pack of Molson and a player to be named later. Sounds great doesn't it? Want to throw in Tavares too?

/Sarcasm

Of course Snow would pick up the phone, but unless he was blown away he would say no thanks.

RealSturat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 07:04 PM
redbull
springtime hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSturat View Post
Sarcasm/

I am a fan of another team and my team would like to take one of your best players while you are rebuilding and showing signs of finally being competitive. You won't need him. We'll give you a six pack of Molson and a player to be named later. Sounds great doesn't it? Want to throw in Tavares too?

/Sarcasm

Of course Snow would pick up the phone, but unless he was blown away he would say no thanks.
to be clear, are you referring to the beer "molson" or are there six more matt moulsons out there that are part of this deal.

of every 100 trades i've seen on hf....close to 100 are completely absurd.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin27NYI View Post
sorry but id love it if they keep it up but i doubt they will
....so based on that opinion (and I'm not questioning your analysis, for I, too, remain skeptical about their ability to contend for a playoff spot over the long haul this year), you conclude that NYI should accelerate that demise? By trading their best dman, one hust in his prime, on a backline bereft of talent? :huh

Quote:
and streit has not been good so far this season.
Seven weeks. And he has been mediocre. But even if he were wretched...so what? Do you manage a roster by weekly/monthly PowerPoll? Or do you TRUST your player to get it together, especially when he delivered bigtime just last season?

Quote:
sbisa is a good defenceman...
Sbisa is a young prospect, with talent, yet to prove that he is "good" in the NHL. He is yet to crack an NHL lineup full-time. Nothing wrong with that, but you have no reason to suggest he is good, by NHL standards. Not yet. Unless we want to bestow accomplishment, before any is achieved.

As for the pick...just when EXACTLY do you want to ice a competitive team?! You have one now - for three weeks - and already you are trying to deconstruct it for some "future" gain.

No disrespect, but such an approach goes beyond the relatively harmless malady of "Prospectitis" to a condition far more acute and chronic.

Quote:
thats kind of ridiculous that you would think that i dont like success...
Perhaps if you stop plotting against it, and delaying it, I might.

Used to be, we'd get the insufferable "trade for the fuuuuture!" proposals here when the team started losing a couple of games in row. Now we're getting them while the team is winning...because "they might not win in the future."

It's been 25 years of failure. Can we not allow ourselves just a little bit or success in the "here and now," the present, and BUILD UPON IT, as opposed to searching for "the next great future" (read: youngest players possible) from outside?

Some of us do not intend to be on this earth in 2075, when the NYI eternal rebuild, as some would have it, kicks in.

Last edited by Trottier: 11-19-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Bossy573

No.

The Isles should be adding to the blueline and permitting Streit to focus his game, not gutting it.

Bossy573 is offline   Reply With Quote