HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/28/09 Montreal @ Pittsburgh 730PM RDS/FS-P habs lose a big one

Old
10-28-2009, 11:00 PM
un_lavalois*

vCash: 500
Les 3 étoiles

1. Sidney Crosby

2. Bill Guerin

3. Bill Guerin

from ckac

Crosby was good, but boy, was Guerin on fire tonight or what!?

un_lavalois* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:01 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardish View Post
By the way, can somebody tell me why Pierre and Benoit hate A.Kostitsyn this much? I know he's not playing really well and should be way better than this, but wow I've never seen them bashing someone like this before. I mean, Benoit even blamed Kostitsyn for the 2nd goal, and he wasn't on the ice?

Lawl
Yeah he was. His non-chalant play let to the goal. Lawl.

The guy needs to get out of his concussion from that hit Kurt Sauer hit a year ago.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
Bob should pick up a few more slow footed defensemen. This way we can see more breakaways.
You mean Hamrlik and Spacek both up in the offensive attack when the game was, what, 5-1 ? and we were killing a penalty.

Oh well, next game.

Hal Gill gets ****ed over with that 2nd delay of game. There have been more obvious delay of games by pushing the net off, hell anyone else on the habs who would have done that would have gotten away scott free, but since it's Gill it just had to be called making it harder for him.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:10 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
The habs have issue winning in regulation over the worst tier team in the league.
Actually this was another case of the play not carrying the results. Montreal beat the Islanders like a rented mule 5-on-5, and outchanced them badly, and I mean badly. The Isles' power play, and Montreal's lack of same, was what kept them in the game.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:11 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
By the way, can somebody tell me why Pierre and Benoit hate A.Kostitsyn this much? I know he's not playing really well and should be way better than this, but wow I've never seen them bashing someone like this before. I mean, Benoit even blamed Kostitsyn for the 2nd goal, and he wasn't on the ice?

Lawl
A.Kost just play one of his worst games as a Habs, so sorry but tonight they were quite right to bash him for his lack of effort, his his crappy decisions with the puck, for every times he lost a batle for the puck, for turning the puck over, floating ect ect.. You just cant have passengers if you wanna win in this league, A.Kost was just that brutal!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Boardish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Yeah he was. His non-chalant play let to the goal. Lawl.

The guy needs to get out of his concussion from that hit Kurt Sauer hit a year ago.
Love the fact that you're trying to be cocky.

Watch the replays, Kostitsyn wasn't on the ice on the 2nd goal. It was Moen, Metropolit and Pacioretty. The only goal that went in when Kostitsyn was a on the ice was a turnover by Lapierre.

I'm not trying to back up AK or anything, he played like crap, like 95% of the team tonight.

Boardish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Rickkins

Let's make no mistake here...the Pens are a damn fine team at this point...

Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:14 PM
PyrettaBlaze

What a team the Pens have... What's scary is that they've got their top guns locked up for a while too.

PyrettaBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:22 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Love the fact that you're trying to be cocky.

Watch the replays, Kostitsyn wasn't on the ice on the 2nd goal. It was Moen, Metropolit and Pacioretty. The only goal that went in when Kostitsyn was a on the ice was a turnover by Lapierre.

I'm not trying to back up AK or anything, he played like crap, like 95% of the team tonight.
Love the fact your blind.

Maybe it wasn't the 2nd goal, maybe it was the 3rd or 4th. But I remember Andrei making a bone head move that cost us a goal tonight.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:27 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
What a team the Pens have... What's scary is that they've got their top guns locked up for a while too.
What's more scary is their defense, on paper is pretty week and has been like that for the previous two years as well, but they still look good...

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:32 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
Let's make no mistake here...the Pens are a damn fine team at this point...
Thing is, tonight the Habs coverage of Crosby was total garbage and this is simply inexcusable. It's not like he deked through 4 guys to score his goals. It could have been a closer match if the Habs had a better preparation, play a more conservative defensive style for road games and made sure they mark Crosby every time he was on the ice.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:34 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

The habs had an opportunity to stick around in this game with the amount of chances they created before the game got away. This is not a team that you can afford to blow chances against, because as Crosby showed, he only needs one chance to burn you.

But its not all about the habs finish. I thought Fleury played real well when called upon. This is just a case of getting beat by a better team, plain and simple.

You are seeing the peak of the payoff right now for all those high picks the pens have gathered up from really bad seasons.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:35 PM
mario66lemieux*

I find it funny how everyone is like oh well its the pens it was expected to lose 6-1. Those are the words of a loser.

If you really set your mind up that you're gonna do the best work you can do, then you can win any gamre vs any team. Habs didnt do that tonight. Not at all. Horrible effort, and they should be blamed for it and not excused just because "its the pens".

Phoenix shut out the pens 3-0 on the road and NJ beat them 4-1. This just shows any game is up in the air to the team that wants it more, and tonight the habs didnt want it more then the pens. In fact, it seems as if they didnt even want it at all.

Sad, pathetic game.

mario66lemieux* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66lemieux View Post
I find it funny how everyone is like oh well its the pens it was expected to lose 6-1. Those are the words of a loser.

If you really set your mind up that you're gonna do the best work you can do, then you can win any gamre vs any team. Habs didnt do that tonight. Not at all. Horrible effort, and they should be blamed for it and not excused just because "its the pens".

Phoenix shut out the pens 3-0 on the road and NJ beat them 4-1. This just shows any game is up in the air to the team that wants it more, and tonight the habs didnt want it more then the pens. In fact, it seems as if they didnt even want it at all.

Sad, pathetic game.
The problem is simple. The Habs respected them too much.

They walked into tonight's game looking at the Penguins at the other end at the ice and they knew "This team is the best in the East, possibly in the entire NHL" and that's the way they treated them as well. And when you treat the Pens like the best team in the league, well then they'll LOOK like the best team in the league.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

The defense was terrible tonight. Backed off too quickly.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
The habs had an opportunity to stick around in this game with the amount of chances they created before the game got away.
Agreed. They played well in the first, (except for leaving Crosby alone). Had Gionta scored in the second, instead of hitting the post, it have been 2-1 at that point. May have made it a closer game. Habs disappeared after that though...

Habs had 8 hits all game. Eight.....

Joe Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:49 PM
NewGuy

At least it was a team effort. Every single Hab finished in the minuses. I don't think i've ever seen that before.

NewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:49 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Gionta had a TERRIBLE game, poor backcheck lead to the first goal (which was mostly due to an out-of-position Hamrlik). Hamrlik is officially a permanent addition to my sh!tlist, that jackass is out of shape and over paid. He's 250k less than Markov for God's sake! Spacek is also out of shape, JM should destroy these two, maybe even call them out if they don't shape up. It's a young man's league, if these two want the big bucks they should be professionals.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Boardish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Love the fact your blind.

Maybe it wasn't the 2nd goal, maybe it was the 3rd or 4th. But I remember Andrei making a bone head move that cost us a goal tonight.
Well no need to comment or answer if you don't know what you're saying, honestly, it brings absolutely nothing to the thread. Please at least rewatch the goals before saying something, because it makes you look bad.

Boardish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2009, 11:56 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66lemieux View Post

Sad, pathetic game.
I like this post because it is honest. I have played many sports and never once did I go into a game thinking our team was going to lose before the game even started, that is loser attitude and I hope our Habs were not thinking that tonight.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 12:05 AM
linp

This game is a reality check. Their 1st line out-played our 1st line. Our 1st defense pairing looked tired. Almost everyone played a subpar game. The forwards didn't back check well. We needs to play a much tighter and more focus defensive game when we are on the road.
Martin will show them the tape and point out all the defensive zone collapse. There are still a lot of work to do.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 12:07 AM
holyhabs87

wait till we get markov

we will beat the pens 6-1...i guarantee it.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 12:07 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLapierre View Post
Gionta had a TERRIBLE game, poor backcheck lead to the first goal (which was mostly due to an out-of-position Hamrlik). Hamrlik is officially a permanent addition to my sh!tlist, that jackass is out of shape and over paid. He's 250k less than Markov for God's sake! Spacek is also out of shape, JM should destroy these two, maybe even call them out if they don't shape up. It's a young man's league, if these two want the big bucks they should be professionals.
God your hate-on for Hamrlik is so ridiculous I can't even imagine that you actually watch the games.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 12:08 AM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
wait till we get markov

we will beat the pens 6-1...i guarantee it.
What if Pittsburgh had Gonchar? They'd beat the Canadiens 9-1?

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 12:12 AM
yathehabsrule

Recap of tonight's game

Halak got a lesson into what Price has dealt with. The defense let him down on several occasions, notably the first goal.

Many will argue that Halak could have had it ,but you don't let one of the best players in the game sit 4 feet to the side of the net wide open. Meanwhile three or four defenders are trying to play handball with Bill Guerin near the blueline, and lost.

Only good thing for Halak was that it did not happen in the Bell Centre.

yathehabsrule is offline   Reply With Quote