HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scuderi Fined for Hit on Chimera

Old
10-27-2009, 04:17 PM
KingsRule

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Scuderi Fined for Hit on Chimera

Quote:
Scuderi fined for hit on ChimeraTuesday, 10.27.2009 / 10:52 AM / News NHL.comNHL Senior Vice President and Director of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell said Los Angeles Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi has been fined for a low hit on Columbus Blue Jackets forward Jason Chimera Sunday.

"Scuderi went really low and I felt it was a clip," Campbell said Hockey Night in Canada Radio. "Fortunately, he didn't injure the guy. He did hurt him on the play, as far as receiving a cut. But he came back in the game, Chimera, so I didn't think it was a fair play and we fined him."

Campbell compared Scuderi's hitting style to that of fellow NHL defensemen Rob Blake and Kyle McClaren.

"He does hit guys with a hip check," Campbell said. "Rob Blake's name came up and Kyle McLaren's, but they hit guys with their rear ends and they hit them in the hips and they hit them hard ... [not] low."
What a jerk that Campbell is. Basically calling Scuderi a dirty player. Whatever, at least hes not suspended.

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 04:32 PM
123slam

Campbell's a joke.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 04:36 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

I don't see where he's saying Rob is a dirty player.

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Me neither.....

I think a fine was expected. Let's just be happy he wasn't suspended.

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 04:50 PM
no name

He's acting like Scuderi never does this every game. Of course Scuderi hit's with the hip and I'm sure he intended to this time as well.
I really hate when Canadian personalities act like this. They are so biased it makes me sick.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 04:51 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Reputation finally works for us.

Gauthier gets suspended for that hit, easily.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 04:51 PM
William H Bonney

I'm fine with a fine. Even though I don't think he should have been suspended, I kind of expected it given that Scuderi isn't a star player. The NHL likes to use this kind of situation to "make an example" and ignore situations like the Richards hit.

If the league would take a hard line stance like they talk about, I'm sure Scuds would have gotten a game or two, but given that they don't, I'm glad they didn't suspend him for a hip check gone too low.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 05:05 PM
not tellin*

stop crying, it was a low hit. big deal, he's slapped on the wrist with a fine.

not tellin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Sounds reasonable to me. I don't think he is calling out Scuds at all, just saying that the hit was low and compared that particular hipcheck to ones that Blake and McClaren dish out and pointing out that this hit was particularly lower.

ďThis is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!Ē - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Defgarden

Scud's booty almost touched the floor. He was getting all freak nasty in the club.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Jwm1986

good call indeed

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

" After practice today, Rob Scuderi said he agreed that his check on Columbusí Jason Chimera was too low, and didnít argue the fine he received from the NHL yesterday. The maximum fine, per the collective bargaining agreement, is $1,000, so thatís almost certainly what Scuderi got, although it hasnít been confirmed. After the game, Scuderi was careful in his words about whether or not his hit ó which, from replays, seemed to start on the outside of Chimeraís knee ó was acceptable. Today, he addressed the hit.

SCUDERI: ďI got a call from Colin Campbell yesterday, and he expressed to me that he thought the hit was a bit low. At the time, I hadnít seen it yet. I did see it later in the day, and I wish I could disagree with his judgment, but it was low. Iíve had a lot of hip checks the last few years, but that one just wasnít right. It was definitely in a questionable area, and I have to pay my fine.

ďItís the first time Iíve ever been involved in anything even remotely controversial. Ö If anything, Iím more disappointed in myself, because Iíve always played hard but Iíve always played fair and honest, so itís not the way I want to be seen as playing in this league. Fortunately, Chimera wasnít hurt any more.Ē

Scuderi said he has been attempting to get in touch with Chimera and apologize for the hit.

SCUDERI: ďAll I can do is give him a call and extend the apology. Itís up to him if he wants to accept it or not. I understand if heís mad. All I can do is offer it up.Ē

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
" After practice today, Rob Scuderi said he agreed that his check on Columbusí Jason Chimera was too low, and didnít argue the fine he received from the NHL yesterday. The maximum fine, per the collective bargaining agreement, is $1,000, so thatís almost certainly what Scuderi got, although it hasnít been confirmed. After the game, Scuderi was careful in his words about whether or not his hit ó which, from replays, seemed to start on the outside of Chimeraís knee ó was acceptable. Today, he addressed the hit.

SCUDERI: ďI got a call from Colin Campbell yesterday, and he expressed to me that he thought the hit was a bit low. At the time, I hadnít seen it yet. I did see it later in the day, and I wish I could disagree with his judgment, but it was low. Iíve had a lot of hip checks the last few years, but that one just wasnít right. It was definitely in a questionable area, and I have to pay my fine.

ďItís the first time Iíve ever been involved in anything even remotely controversial. Ö If anything, Iím more disappointed in myself, because Iíve always played hard but Iíve always played fair and honest, so itís not the way I want to be seen as playing in this league. Fortunately, Chimera wasnít hurt any more.Ē

Scuderi said he has been attempting to get in touch with Chimera and apologize for the hit.

SCUDERI: ďAll I can do is give him a call and extend the apology. Itís up to him if he wants to accept it or not. I understand if heís mad. All I can do is offer it up.Ē
Very classy of him. That is a Dean Lombardi player right there.

Old
10-27-2009, 05:45 PM
KingsRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by not tellin View Post
stop crying, it was a low hit. big deal, he's slapped on the wrist with a fine.
Whos crying? im fine with the fine, i knew hed get one. I just didnt like Campbells words comparing him to flake and how his hip checks are on target and not LOW.

Old
10-27-2009, 05:47 PM
KingsRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defgarden View Post
Scud's booty almost touched the floor. He was getting all freak nasty in the club.

Old
10-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
Whos crying? im fine with the fine, i knew hed get one. I just didnt like Campbells words comparing him to flake and how his hip checks are on target and not LOW.
Blake, whether you like him or not, has one of the best hipchecks in the game. I thought it was a reasonable comparison.

Old
10-27-2009, 05:51 PM
KingsRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Blake, whether you like him or not, has one of the best hipchecks in the game. I thought it was a reasonable comparison.
No doubt, his hip checks are sweet.it just seemed like he was saying "they do it right, and you did it low"

Old
10-27-2009, 07:04 PM
dabeechman

Classy guy. Knows he made a mistake and went on record to publically apologize.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 07:12 PM
KingsCast

Send a message via AIM to KingsCast
From my vantage point at the game, the hit looked just like other hipchecks Scuderi's done before. After I saw the replay at home, it was questionable. But, hey, if Scuds thinks it was low, it's hard to argue with. He's not losing any sleep over $1k.

KingsCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 07:14 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post

That, my friends, is a professional athlete, with class.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 07:19 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Funny enough, some people on the main board are still trashing on him, even after his statement.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Funny enough, some people on the main board are still trashing on him, even after his statement.
Its just CBJ fans who appear to be whiny little *****es. I'm really surprised by their incessant crying. Chimera wasn't even injured, they need to let it go.

Dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 08:24 PM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
Its just CBJ fans who appear to be whiny little *****es. I'm really surprised by their incessant crying. Chimera wasn't even injured, they need to let it go.

Crying because of the hit and to makes things worse the score was 6-2 Kings.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
No doubt, his hip checks are sweet.it just seemed like he was saying "they do it right, and you did it low"
Well that is exactly what he is saying When you compare it to their hits, it was low, but he isn't insinuating that Scuds is dirty or that the hit was overly dirty - it was just a low hit and show have been a clipping penalty.

Old
10-29-2009, 07:43 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

We should sign Kyle Mclaren to show Scuderi how to hip check! if he stll can lmao

i miss those hip checks!

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote