HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2004 HFBoards Edmonton Posters Awards

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2004, 01:49 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
2004 HFBoards Edmonton Posters Awards

Hey all! Now that the season is done for us I think it is time for this

HFBoards Edmonton Posters Awards

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stole this from Vancouver Toronto Montreal and Pittsburgh boards.

Calder Trophy (Rookie poster of the year):

Bill Masterton (Poster who dedicated the most time to HF boards):

Lady Byng (Best non-Oil poster):

Norris Trophy (Never say die, always stuck to their opinion in otherwords, most defensive on there views):

Homer of the Year:

Best Troll (poster who likes to hate on the Oil):

Best Flamer (You know what i'm talking about!):

Best Referee (Top Moderator):

Hart Trophy (Most valuable poster):

Best Avatar (before the playoffs started! ):

Funniest Post
Your nominations Oil Posters....

Old
04-11-2004, 02:17 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
actually they both stole it from here, I did this poll about a year ago, Oilers HF Best poster and Oilers HF Worst poster :lol who won the worst poster anyone remeber ?

i'll post my votes later, need to think for all of them

Old
04-11-2004, 02:32 PM
Boondock Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
actually they both stole it from here, I did this poll about a year ago, Oilers HF Best poster and Oilers HF Worst poster :lol who won the worst poster anyone remeber ?

i'll post my votes later, need to think for all of them
I think downazzflip won the worst poster.....

However, in his absence, outKast has filled in admirably of late. His strong late-season push might put him over the top and onto the podium.

Old
04-11-2004, 03:00 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Is Guy still eligible for the Calder? or is he overaged?

Old
04-11-2004, 05:25 PM
GorillazXL

LoweTide

Thalia, dare I say Mizral

Norris Trophy:
BoondockSaint (don't mess unless you've got stats and evidence armed to the teeth... its all good)

Homer of the Year:
Thome_26, only cos Thome_26 bleeds the the copper and blue

There are lots, but the ones from philly were the worse during the Comrie trade.. just plain ignorant

Speeds, LMHF #1, Boondock *see Norris Trophy, prepare to get roasted if you argue

Rabi_sultan

Toss up: Lowetide and Seachd (witty comebacks and objective analysis) and of course Mizral, ....Momentai, Slats, Dawgbone ... alot good posters

MrMackey, Dawgdbone (Nedved's girlfriend)

Funniest Post
Mowzie, OYler, Hemsky Fan

GXL

Last edited by GorillazXL: 04-11-2004 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Head to add Seachd to the list, and clarify why Thome_26
Old
04-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Trojans
Is Guy still eligible for the Calder? or is he overaged?
Very funny. Both witty and clever.

I hate you.

Old
04-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Oilers Hockey

Calder Trophy (Rookie poster of the year): OYLer

Bill Masterton (Poster who dedicated the most time to HF boards): Hmm...Mizral. I'm no veteran myself so I don't know who's been here the longest?

Lady Byng (Best non-Oil poster): Mizral - he means well but sure makes alot of people mad! HN to Tricolore (Habs fan), any Preds fan (they are all class), and any fan who wished the Oilers luck

Norris Trophy (Never say die, always stuck to their opinion in otherwords, most defensive on there views): Oilers_guy_eddie, york16, cerebral

Homer of the Year: Matts (just kidding!)

Best Troll (poster who likes to hate on the Oil): Tie between Garfield and VO#23. Both Flamers.

Best Flamer (You know what i'm talking about!): kruezer, he's just so darn polite!

Best Referee (Top Moderator): Mizral - level-headed and fair and rabi. Lowetide was an excellent mod too.

Hart Trophy (Most valuable poster): Guy, igor, and of course lowetide

Best Avatar (before the playoffs started! ): uh, I suppose anyone with an Oilers avatar? Simple is best.

Funniest Post

Ice Dragoon
OYLer

Old
04-11-2004, 06:23 PM
Mizral

Of the 'year' - I guess we're saying for this season, right?

Since I don't know for sure if anybody is a 'rookie' here, I"ll just post a bunch of names and whomever is a 'rookie' can get the award from me

- Dawgbone
- GuyF (I'm sure you were here, but were you a writer?)
- choppystride
- Hemskyfreak83

I don't spend nearly as much time as some think on here - I had a job that had me on a computer for much of the day (still do off and on), and there's a fair lot of down time on it, so much of my days when I was working on the computer was spent on the boards. But even still, I don't I can see all invisable people as a mod, and there are folks in here who seem to be on this site about 20 hours a day.

My vote goes to igor. Whenever I check who's online here, it seems he's here the most often.

I like reading Burke's_Evil_Spirit's take on the Oilers when he chooses to drop by.

Norris Trophy (Never say die, always stuck to their opinion in otherwords, most defensive on there views):

Matts - and might I say he's been right more often than wrong, and Matts has been very cordial in the face of some really terrible insults. Some people don't like Matts, and that's fine, but I really value his insight, and Matts is one guy that you can trust to really think about something before he makes his opinion.

Homer of the Year:

I'd vote for south-sentral on every board if I could, but since I'm staying on the Oilers board, I'm going to have to nominate hemskyfan. Sorry bud, but you have had some moments that I'm sure you wish you had back. Salo as the best Northwest Division Goaltender was not your best moment, but it's the one that probobly stuck with me the most. You're getting better though.

Zoid, since he walks the thin line of prodding without pissing people off.

Me of course!

lowetide was good here. Really, there isn't a lot to mod on the Oilers board most of the time. I think the 3 mods here (myself, Rabi, John) act as more of a deterent from trolls and such than anything else.

This is tough. There are a lot of great posters who I'm not mentioning here, but my favorite poster here is very likely Beyond Enemy Lines. I think he brings just about everything you want as a poster - knowledge of the history of the team, knowledge of what the team is good at, yet still an ample amount of criticism too.

I would nominate Lowetide as the most improved poster too, though he was pretty good before, I am enjoying his posts more lately as he is really prodding the team for weaknesses and seeing how he thinks Lowe could best fill them.

Best Avatar (before the playoffs started!) :

I've always liked Icedragons.

Funniest Post

Not one post, but all the posts after the LA Kings loss late in regular was the funniest moment for me. The amount of ankles rolled that night were amazing! Then again, I don't fault anyone for jumping off the bandwagon then - there are some times in a moment as a fan that the true core of your fandom is tested, and a minor slip up is surely allowed

Old
04-11-2004, 06:24 PM
edmontonoilers89

Let me at dawgbone for Norris. That 5 page thread between him and Mizral sealed the deal.

Old
04-11-2004, 06:33 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
- Dawgbone

umm Mizral you do know that dawbone has been here longer than you have right

Old
04-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Oilers Hockey

Quote:
I'd vote for south-sentral on every board if I could, but since I'm staying on the Oilers board, I'm going to have to nominate hemskyfan. Sorry bud, but you have had some moments that I'm sure you wish you had back. Salo as the best Northwest Division Goaltender was not your best moment, but it's the one that probobly stuck with me the most. You're getting better though.
I can take this like a man and normally I wouldn't respond - and I'm not taking this personally - but I can't believe you're still being smug about a post I made before the season started, pre-Kiprusoff, pre-Hedburg, and Roy had just retired, and with Salo's impressive track record pre-2002 it wasn't at all fatfetched to think he was the best NW division goalie, everyone expected him to pick it up - and I know you'll say you didn't because its so easy to say that now - and as I recall, weren't you the one who turned the debate into some hullaballoo about Rexall using artificial crowd noise in the playoffs? That wasn't one of your best moments either. I guess I just can't believe how smug you are about that - it was August 2003 for God's sake.

Quote:
Not one post, but all the posts after the LA Kings loss late in regular was the funniest moment for me. The amount of ankles rolled that night were amazing! Then again, I don't fault anyone for jumping off the bandwagon then - there are some times in a moment as a fan that the true core of your fandom is tested, and a minor slip up is surely allowed
Uhh...hello? That loss was absolutely devastating!

Thinking that night was 'funny' is more than a little sadistic! (lol, just kidding Miz) but it definetely was more to do with shock and disbelief and than people jumping off the bandwagon for sure!

But please carry on.

Last edited by Oilers Hockey: 04-11-2004 at 07:11 PM.
Old
04-11-2004, 07:11 PM
Lowetide

I don't think its possible to pick one poster for each of these awards. The Oilers HF board is like a big melting pot of ideas and information. I think the best compliment one can give is that people on this site have changed minds by their intelligent discussion of issues and passionate points of view. If you have a differing opinion, speak up. It's like the bar in Cheers (with Guy as Norm, and I think I'd make an excellent Cliff Clayvin---"you know, the ancient right wingers were called rovers" blah blah blah).

The Hart trophy belongs to redtwilight, kim gernack, who was the first HF Oilers poster and a very fine person.

As are you all.

Old
04-11-2004, 07:46 PM
rabi_sultan

i'll tell you what was funny hemsky fan, when the oilers thumped the Canucks 6-3 and Mizral dissapeared off our boards for a few days GO OIL!

Old
04-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
i'll tell you what was funny hemsky fan, when the oilers thumped the Canucks 6-3 and Mizral dissapeared off our boards for a few days GO OIL!

Old
04-11-2004, 07:58 PM
outKast*

i would just like to express my outrage that i don't get enough credit for being the best troll in the Oiler boards. I'm not sure if anyone else likes to make any of you guys madder but me. i think i'm better than last years winner downazz....what? i dont even remember.

Old
04-11-2004, 08:02 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
i would just like to express my outrage that i don't get enough credit for being the best troll in the Oiler boards. I'm not sure if anyone else likes to make any of you guys madder but me. i think i'm better than last years winner downazz....what? i dont even remember.
Give it some time.

Old
04-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Jim_Harnock

Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
I'm not sure if anyone else likes to make any of you guys madder but me. i think i'm better than last years winner downazz....what? i dont even remember.
Being a troll is not about how much you like to piss people off, but how much you actually achieve your goal. Unfortunately, you're not much of a troll in that regard. You're more annoying like a mosquito than actually agrivating.

Old
04-11-2004, 08:12 PM
Bohologo

Calder Trophy (Rookie poster of the year): Any of the new posters who came along for the last quarter of the season. Stay with us!

Bill Masterton (Poster who dedicated the most time to HF boards): Lowetide-it's not the amount of time, it's what he did with the time spent.

Lady Byng (Best non-Oil poster): All the posters who were classy when the Oil were eliminated.

Norris Trophy (Never say die, always stuck to their opinion in otherwords, most defensive on there views): Hoz-not necessarily defensive, but has the guts to say what he thinks.

Homer of the Year: We're all homers, it's a matter of degrees, right?

Best Troll (poster who likes to hate on the Oil): Mizral

Best Flamer (You know what i'm talking about!): Not too much flaming goes on here; you don't spit into the wind, after all.

Best Referee (Top Moderator): Tie for top three, although they've got very distinct styles: Let The Guys Play; I've Got The Whistle & I Will Use It; Best Ref Is The One You Don't Notice. You decide who is who.

Hart Trophy (Most valuable poster): Guy Flaming. This guy's toil & passion is obvious in everything he crafts. I hope that when this board is seen a mere stepping stone to greatness he comes & visits once in a while.

Best Avatar (before the playoffs started! ): The first I Believe avatar, whoever had that.

Funniest Post That one about Rita getting called up was a freaking scream, you know, where he blackjacks MacT?

Old
04-11-2004, 08:16 PM
outKast*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Harnock
Being a troll is not about how much you like to piss people off, but how much you actually achieve your goal. Unfortunately, you're not much of a troll in that regard. You're more annoying like a mosquito than actually agrivating.
thanks man that was sweet. let's all hold hands now.

Old
04-11-2004, 08:37 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Calder Trophy (Rookie poster of the year): Like you have to ask But it's the only one I'll do that for.

Bill Masterton (Poster who dedicated the most time to HF boards): LT

Lady Byng (Best non-Oil poster): Mizral, high quality, even if many disagree with him

Norris Trophy (Never say die, always stuck to their opinion in otherwords, most defensive on there views): NeoGeo

Homer of the Year: I really don't know, so why not Hemskyfan

Best Troll (poster who likes to hate on the Oil): There aren't many, and Miz ain't a troll, so n/a here.

Best Flamer (You know what i'm talking about!): LD can burn someone down pretty quick.

Best Referee (Top Moderator): LT

Hart Trophy (Most valuable poster): OYler is insane.

Best Avatar (before the playoffs started! ): Anyone with a blank avatar, either that or #2's Conklin fight avatar.

Funniest Post: "all knowing hockey Jesus" masterful work from LD.

Last edited by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1: 04-11-2004 at 08:46 PM.
Old
04-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
I'm no rookie

any of the new guys, just stay

LoweTide

preds fans, kruezer, any fan who wished the oilers well

Oilers_guy_eddie, cerebral

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 never stopped with horcoff

Homer of the Year:

HemskyFan

garfield

LoewTide, mirzal, rabi, all great keep up the great work

OGE, LT, GuyF, Igor, speeds, momentai, cerebral and others, how about everyone

IceDragoon, LHMF#2

Funniest Post
any mact thread

Old
04-11-2004, 09:51 PM
smytty's mullet

without a doubt, my avatar is the best.

however, because i can't in good conscience vote for myself i've got to go with the craig mactavish / macdonald's employee avatar.

i forget who's it was, but i laughed every time i saw it.

Old
04-11-2004, 10:31 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by smytty's mullet
without a doubt, my avatar is the best.

however, because i can't in good conscience vote for myself i've got to go with the craig mactavish / macdonald's employee avatar.

i forget who's it was, but i laughed every time i saw it.

I'm pretty sure that was mowzie wasn't it?

I'm not going to break it down into categories but I wanted to say something anyway.

At this time last year, The Fourth Period had gone under and I was looking for a new site to write for. I couldn't have found a better place to continue working on my writing and being a part of HF has opened some doors to me that a year ago I wouldn't have dreamed I would ever find myself walking through. (The media catwalk at Skyreach... the dressing room... are you kidding me???)

The fact that you guys read my stuff and usually seem to enjoy it makes this a lot of fun for me. I've gotten a lot of emails and private messages from readers, many who never post here, and 99% of them have been very encouraging and supportive.

Thanks everybody. IF this leads to bigger things, I won't forget where it all really started.

Guy

Old
04-11-2004, 11:49 PM
Loweball

not only is outkast annoying like a mosquito, i would say that avatar wins hands down as the worst....it really annoys me.

Old
04-12-2004, 01:58 AM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

igor....him and all his stats

kruezer

LMHF#1....has he ever admitted hes wrong? lol

Homer of the Year:

There are alot of them...

definatly the philly guys...

LawnDemon without a doubt

all of them

LMHF#1...simply because he paid me $20 to say that

Mowzie....his pokey reddick avatar always makes me laugh...

Funniest Post
my drunk rambelling the other night was quite comical...other than that...

Last edited by LoudmouthHemskyFan#2: 04-13-2004 at 12:04 AM.
Closed Thread