HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2004 HFBoards Edmonton Posters Awards

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2004, 02:18 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
If i don't win the best "Flaming" poster... I'll be some pissed off.

Oh wait, "flamer"... OK.

Old
04-12-2004, 02:28 AM
outKast*

hey man i didnt know that i'm not classified as a troll. Geez guy, we both got robbed.

Old
04-12-2004, 06:35 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
because the defenition of a troll is someone who disturbs the piece on other boards not his own.

in your case you got them mixed the wrong way round

Old
04-12-2004, 10:48 AM
MrMackey

Calder Trophy (Rookie poster of the year): HarryStrand

Bill Masterton (Poster who dedicated the most time to HF boards): LT

Lady Byng (Best non-Oil poster): Mizral (begrudgingly)

Norris Trophy (Never say die, always stuck to their opinion in otherwords, most defensive on there views): LMHF #1 EDIT: Matts wins this... how could I forget!

Homer of the Year: thome

Best Troll (poster who likes to hate on the Oil): EDIT: really not many...but since Marchant's left, I'd say HotToddy could qualify

Best Flamer (You know what i'm talking about!): n/a

Best Referee (Top Moderator): rabi (current), LT (past)

Hart Trophy (Most valuable poster): LT, Guy, OGE

Best Avatar (before the playoffs started! ): LD's Free Cat and cereal avatars were pretty damn funny

Funniest Post: nothing comes to mind, but i've had some solid laughs here, so i'll have to think about it.

Last edited by MrMackey: 04-12-2004 at 01:42 PM.
Old
04-12-2004, 10:49 AM
MrMackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Harnock
Being a troll is not about how much you like to piss people off, but how much you actually achieve your goal. Unfortunately, you're not much of a troll in that regard. You're more annoying like a mosquito than actually agrivating.
Don't encourage him!

Old
04-12-2004, 11:00 AM
OYLer

Nominations for Best/Funniest Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by smytty's mullet
without a doubt, my avatar is the best.

however, because i can't in good conscience vote for myself i've got to go with the craig mactavish / macdonald's employee avatar.

i forget who's it was, but i laughed every time i saw it.
Yeah, I think Guy is right about it being Mowzie's avatar. Along with Mowzie my nominations for best/funniest avator include dem's (I think) Mike Comrie bobble head with broken nose cast, and I'm not sure who had the "Home Alone" character with Michael Jackson leering in the background. All three of those made me laugh out loud. :lol

Old
04-12-2004, 11:04 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
I'm not sure who had the "Home Alone" character with Michael Jackson leering in the background.
I believe that was Mr. Sakich... although I have to admit liked the moniker of Thor Dyck better... that made me giggle everytime I saw it.

Old
04-12-2004, 11:49 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Calder Trophy (Rookie poster of the year): GuyF, Oyler, and most of the new posters. The Oiler board is the best in HF cause of you guys.

Bill Masterton (Poster who dedicated the most time to HF boards): Lowetide

Lady Byng (Best non-Oil poster): Mizral. Allows us to see our team from another perspective, no matter how much we don't want to.

Norris Trophy (Never say die, always stuck to their opinion in otherwords, most defensive on there views): LMHF#1, dawgbone

Homer of the Year: All you Hemsky fans out there!!!

Best Troll (poster who likes to hate on the Oil): We've had a couple of trolls here, but we kicked them out before any damage was done...

Best Flamer (You know what i'm talking about!): Lawndemon

Best Referee (Top Moderator): Lowetide, Rabi (even though he got a little crazy with the stickies )

Hart Trophy (Most valuable poster): GuyF and Lowetide

Best Avatar (before the playoffs started! ): Free Cat, Jim Harnock's avs are usually nice

Funniest Post: most of the stuff from Oyler...I had to take a Shakespeare course to understand his posts!!

Old
04-12-2004, 12:48 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

One guy who's got no love so far is Bergy's buddy... THEGOON63.

Old
04-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Mr Sakich

[QUOTE=s7ark]Hey all! Now that the season is done for us I think it is time for this

HFBoards Edmonton Posters Awards

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calder Trophy (Rookie poster of the year): GuyF

Bill Masterton (Poster who dedicated the most time to HF boards): Mizral (post counts don't lie)

Lady Byng (Best non-Oil poster): Mizral, I stuck up for him a few times because, even though he is frequently wrong, he brings another POV.

Norris Trophy (Never say die, always stuck to their opinion in otherwords, most defensive on there views): Dawgbone, and he is usually correct

Homer of the Year: anyone who thought Mact deserved some Coach of the Year consideration , Oops, that was me. lets skip this one.

Best Troll (poster who likes to hate on the Oil): any Leaf fan with Honorable mention to the Free-Bertuzzi idiots.

Best Flamer (You know what i'm talking about!): none

Best Referee (Top Moderator): LT

Hart Trophy (Most valuable poster): Boondock Saint with Honorable mention to GuyF and Oyler

Best Avatar (before the playoffs started! ): Free cat

Funniest Post -when Mizral says something like - Jason Smith is my favourite Oiler Dman and his trade value is at least an 8th rounder.

Old
04-12-2004, 12:56 PM
gpearson1968

I didn't even get a sniff, and I was the one responsible for the Heritage Classic GDT......

Cheers,
Geoff.

Old
04-12-2004, 01:18 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpearson1968
I didn't even get a sniff, and I was the one responsible for the Heritage Classic GDT......
Then you're responsible for RUINING OUR SEASON!!!! :mad:

just kidding.

Old
04-12-2004, 01:38 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Calder Trophy (Rookie poster of the year): I, uh, actually can't remember when people got here. Behind Enemy Lines or Cerebral?

Bill Masterton (Poster who dedicated the most time to HF boards): igor's statistical uberwerks deserve some recognition here.

Lady Byng (Best non-Oil poster):kreuzer, honorable mention to Mizral.

Norris Trophy (Never say die, always stuck to their opinion in otherwords, most defensive on there views): Matts

Hart Trophy (Most valuable poster): too many to list. Guy F's interviews and media access have been great; Lowetide sets the tone in the "locker-room" like a captain. momentai, speeds, Cerebral, Behind Enemy Lines, rabi, OYler, USC, Oi'll Say, igor, and many others contribute posts that I like to read. Mowzie is our energy-line instigator. It's a total team effort, you know, we've gotta just go out and give 110% every night, get a few lucky bounces, and hopefully come up with a win.

Old
04-12-2004, 02:33 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

ya the macT/ McDonalds avatar was mine, the Pokey Reddick avatar was mine as well. I sure go apply at an avatar store, I'll just go in there with my impressive HF porfolio of avatars....ok so the funny post award might be out of reach.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Boondock Saint

Calder Trophy (Rookie poster of the year):
GuyF.... calder and hart??? what a year.... but, can he avoid the sophomore slump???

Bill Masterton (Poster who dedicated the most time to HF boards):
lowetide

Lady Byng (Best non-Oil poster):
eh, can't really think of one that I like

Norris Trophy (Never say die, always stuck to their opinion in otherwords, most defensive on there views):
dawgbone without a doubt

Homer of the Year:
hmmmminvisiblecola

Best Troll (poster who likes to hate on the Oil):
Matts, outKast

Best Flamer (You know what i'm talking about!):
LawnDemon

Best Referee (Top Moderator):
was definitely lowetide, Jim is good, rabi is a little trigger happy with stickies, but ok

Hart Trophy (Most valuable poster):
GuyF... not even a contest

Best Avatar (before the playoffs started! )
The MacT with shades.....

Old
04-12-2004, 05:29 PM
Matts

I really

don't know how anyone could think I'm a troll who hates the Oilers. I am one of the biggest Oilers fans you'd ever meet. But I'm also a guy who doesn't think the sun shines out of a guy's ass just because he played for the Oilers or he's from Alberta and he's all of a sudden a part of Oilers management

I've always liked Speeds posts and Igor's stats are wicked. It's really made me reshape some of my opinions and views and who else could do that Mizral can be overboard is Oilers dismissal but for the most part he keeps a lot of souls grounded. LT is very levelheaded. OW is pretty good as well. Dawgbone has a lot of passion for the sport and once he learns to look past the Oilers, he'll be an even better poster.

Old
04-12-2004, 11:27 PM
LawnDemon

Calder Trophy (Rookie poster of the year): OYler (aka mr. verbose)

Bill Masterton (Poster who dedicated the most time to HF boards): lmhf#1 (do you do anything other than post here?)

Lady Byng (Best non-Oil poster): nomorekids because he hates st. louis almost as much as i do. fortunately, no team with tkachuk (or roenick) will ever win a championship.

Norris Trophy (Never say die, always stuck to their opinion in otherwords, most defensive on their views): there's only one guy i can think of that could defend salo ad-nausuem after he lets in 5 goals on 18 shots? (yeah, they were all the fault of the defensemen dawgbone)... keep reaching for that rainbow buddy!

Homer of the Year: everyone who tried to tell me "salo would rebound"...

Best Troll (poster who likes to hate on the Oil): Lanny McDonald

Best Flamer (You know what i'm talking about!): since everybody else seems to be voting for me here i guess i'll stick with the concensus. i wonder if i should be happy about this or if it's like winning a "most improved odor" award....

Best Referee (Top Moderator): lowetide - just because he retired doesn't mean he's not elligible

Hart Trophy (Most valuable poster): igor - gotta love those stats.

Best Avatar (before the playoffs started!) - i kind of liked Bert eating babies...

Last edited by LawnDemon: 04-12-2004 at 11:33 PM.
Old
04-13-2004, 12:48 PM
IceDragoon

Just too many good, young posters.
Can’t choose one.

Hmmm…
I don’t think “dedicated the most time” means reading posts. (visible or not)
Sheer # of posts points to Mizral.
However, many posters have put more “quality” time into their contributions.
imho - this award belongs to the TEAM.

kruezer and Thalia are respectful co-winners.

Norris Trophy (Never say die, always stuck to their opinion in otherwords, most defensive on there views):
dawgbone.
Many tied for second.

Homer of the Year:
We all wear Homer coloured glasses.
Doh!

They don't stay around long enough for me to meet them.
Or, they convert into contributing members of the team.

Best Flamer (You know what i'm talking about!):
Guy’s avatar.
Altho, I would like it even better if his flames didn’t obscure “OILERS”.

lowetide. (retired)
You knew he was there.
He maintained order.
But, he never got in the way, didn’t call frivolous penalties and he let us play the game.
Young refs can have long and successful careers, if they follow his lead.

Guy Flaming.
For connecting us with the hearts and souls of our future.
Many tied for second.

Best Avatar (before the playoffs started! ):
LawnDemon’s "free cat". Truly warped.
Honourable mention to Digger12’s "shark", when it’s feeding time.

Funniest Post:
So many of you guys have made me laugh hysterically.
I can’t think of just one, right now.
Altho, I always get a good chuckle everytime Mizral asserts his Oiler loyalties. :lol

Old
04-13-2004, 01:00 PM
Master Lok

Calder Trophy (Rookie poster of the year): I don't know who's been new here in the past year, as I'm new myself.

Bill Masterton (Poster who dedicated the most time to HF boards): dawgbone

Lady Byng (Best non-Oil poster): Mizral - everytime he posts, I have to calm.... down.... and try to see what he sees since I'm such a homer. Usually I do see that from an outsider's perspective, he does make some really good points if I could only see through my homer glasses.

Norris Trophy (Never say die, always stuck to their opinion in otherwords, most defensive on there views): Matts. LMHF is pretty good too.

Homer of the Year: OGE

Best Troll (poster who likes to hate on the Oil): Its so hard to tell because when a lot of posters first come on, like HotToddy or Matts, they're usually angry and make trollish posts. But then, they improve with time and their posts become better and more informative. Even OutKast is growing on me.

Best Flamer (You know what i'm talking about!): Lawndemon

Best Referee (Top Moderator): rabi (current), LT (past)

Hart Trophy (Most valuable poster): GuyF. Hands down, his stuff is gold! Somebody mentioned TheGoon63 too.

Best Avatar (before the playoffs started! ): Mowzie's Pokey Reddick always made me look twice.

Funniest Post: usually Oyler. Mowzie's trade proposals - man he's terrible but always quite humorous. Although I hope he doesn't take offense to this, sorry dude.

Last edited by Master Lok: 04-13-2004 at 01:03 PM.
Old
04-13-2004, 01:10 PM
Digger12

GuyF. Anybody who can come on here and give us info that puts BOTH daily rags to shame (even if it isn't "sexy" enough for them to print). I would have no problem paying $$ for whatever magazine/paper he ends up writing for.

Runners up: Thegoon63 for his/her inside tips via some weird symbiotic deal w/ MA Bergeron, OYler for some truly inspired/demented posts, and LMHF #1 for his 'takes'. Agree or disagree, you can't deny the effort put into them.

Lowetide. This fine gentleman bleeds Oiler blue in a way that puts even Ryan Smyth to shame.

Runners up: Dawgone, if only because he seems to always be here day or night, rain or shine...and Mizral, mainly due that sickeningly huge post count; and many of them aren't just cheapies either. Miz, do you even stop to eat? If you're married, would you even notice if your wife left you and took all the furniture?

Kreuzer, seems like a decent chap even if he is one of the vile unwashed heathens from Calgary.

Runners up: There's many others, but none that really stand out.

They should just rename this the Dawgbone Trophy and have done with it. This is more a coronation than winning an award.

Runners up: LMHF #1 for his support of Hemsky that never wavered, which was only rivalled by his never wavering disdain for Horcoff. Mizral for his often unpopular (but defended to the ends of time and space) opinions on all things Oiler...if you could win an argument by sheer attrition, Mizral would be the pioneer. Hemsky83 should get a shout out as well for her incredible dedication to the defense of Kevin Lowe...if you didn't know that Kevin Lowe received death threats after the Carter and Niinimaa deals, you will after she gets on the case.

Homer of the Year:
I think all of us are deserving of this award at one point or another.

Depends, there's many different breeds of troll.

If you're talking about 'Likes the Oilers but hates the management with a venom seldom seen', then it's Matts.

If you're talking about 'Crazy dude on the street rambling about how the Oilers killed his dog and pillaged his wife while stealing his car', then I'd say Garfield.

If you're talking about passive-aggressive Pam, 'don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Oilers but this is my 10 page dissertation on how they're inferior to my team in every way', then it's Mizral.

Best Flamer :
Ironically enough, LawnDemon and Dawgbone are co-winners. I doubt they'll accept the award together though.

Runners up: G2K has his moments, not as many as he used to but he's still good for the occasional drive-by.

LT...Bill Cosby himself looks at Lowetide and says 'DAMN...I wish I was as nice as you.'

Runners up: Rabi and Jim, of course.

Lowetide, IMO this board will be a far poorer place when he decides to retire.

Runners up:
GuyF - for obvious reasons.
Igor - for that Mentat-like brain of his in all things statistical.
USC Trojan - for the excellent bits on the US College scene.
OGE - for well thought out posts that are NEVER a waste of time to read. Unfortunately his posts are relatively few and far between.

Multiple award winners here...

Oi'll Say's MacT w/ Redneck Cop shades (got to plug that one)
LD's Free Cat
Mowzie's Employee of the Month
All of Jim Harnock's avs, well done and quite creative

Last edited by Digger12: 04-13-2004 at 01:15 PM.
Old
04-13-2004, 01:26 PM
MrMackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12

Digger,

You should win a poster award just for this post. This pretty much sums things up here I think!

Old
04-13-2004, 04:39 PM
Matts

Once again

It's not that I hate Oilers MGM with a venom, it's just that I don't think Lowe makes a good GM just because he loves Alberta and he's won five Cups in your province. And some guys might buy the line of bull that "20 teams would line up to sign MacT" but I'm sorry I can't buy stuff like that

Old
04-13-2004, 04:55 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
Depends, there's many different breeds of troll.

If you're talking about 'Likes the Oilers but hates the management with a venom seldom seen', then it's Matts.

If you're talking about 'Crazy dude on the street rambling about how the Oilers killed his dog and pillaged his wife while stealing his car', then I'd say Garfield.

If you're talking about passive-aggressive Pam, 'don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Oilers but this is my 10 page dissertation on how they're inferior to my team in every way', then it's Mizral.

Going off the top of my head here but I believe the following posters are rookies, IceDragoon, matts, Oyler, even YKOil's few posts, Matts, LMHF#1, but for me the award goes to GuyF as his great contribution throughout the year has been fascinating giving us a link to things Oil.

Without a doubt it has to be GuyF, he may not make a gazillion posts like Mizral but then Mizral or anyone doesn't spend time till 4 in the morning going through interview tapes to make his articles for HF

I'm going to have to edge this to kreuzer.

Matts wins due to his constant whining about Salo and management even though he's wrong about management

Homer of the Year:
Hemskyfan :lol

The trolls who troll in their own back yard has to be for me Matts, not that i disagree with some of the stuff he writes but certainly he ends up in a battle now and then

otherwise troll wise its Garfield

Best Flamer :
Ironically enough, LawnDemon and Dawgbone are co-winners. I doubt they'll accept the award together though.

Runners up: G2K has his moments, not as many as he used to but he's still good for the occasional drive-by.

lowetide

to be honest everyone here makes this the place that it is, but i'd say lowetide, although igor, speeds, oge, oilswell, slats432 deserves special mentions

Oi'll Say's MacT w/ Redneck Cop shades
LD's Free Cat
Mowzie's Employee of the Month

Funniest Post
there have been too many to mention, one that i loved reading was the 1/dec post by g2k when he finally let loose on his rant on MacT and things.
and the g2k rants at me

Old
04-13-2004, 05:15 PM
Cerebral

I'd like to throw out a few "Thank You's" to Funkymoses and OilersChick too.. they've given a number of great reports on our college prospects and don't seem to be getting too many nominations in this thread!

Old
04-13-2004, 08:04 PM
rabi_sultan

on that note i'd also like to say a thank you to Seachd and all the people that contribute to the prospect thread sticky.

Closed Thread