HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Begin's hit on Nylander

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2004, 10:45 AM
Guig

vCash: 500
Begin's hit on Nylander

What a hit by egin on Nylander. He jumps on him totally and Nylander pay the price.

Even if Begin is not as big as Lapointe or Green, he play with his heart and that Habs play with emotion yesterday even theo who made good save exept the one in OT.

Keep on working Go HAbs Go

Old
04-10-2004, 02:07 PM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiG
What a hit by egin on Nylander. He jumps on him totally and Nylander pay the price.

Even if Begin is not as big as Lapointe or Green, he play with his heart and that Habs play with emotion yesterday even theo who made good save exept the one in OT.

It wasn't the cleanest hit ever (I mean gloves were high), but still doesn't deserve any penalties and was beautiful to look at. They replayed it like 3 times on CBC and I just loved it. I really wish I could hit like that in open ice because..... well I would hit like that.

Old
04-10-2004, 02:51 PM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
That hit was as clean as they come, it looks like the gloves were up because Nylander was bent bver. That was probably the best hit of the playoffs so far.

Unbiased Canadian

Old
04-10-2004, 02:55 PM
sonnytheman

I think the Habs should continue to hit Nylander hard. He's been real good so far, their top centre and probably their top forward in this series. Giving him that extra attention could make him less effective in the game and (hopefully) it could drag that line down.

Let's hope for a repeat of that Begin hit

Old
04-10-2004, 03:17 PM
furax

Send a message via ICQ to furax
We absolutely got to stop the Nylander-Bergeron-Samsonov line.

I think Bulis-Dowd-Begin should play against them. Those guys are really fast and can play on both side of the ice.

We got to stop letting Samsonov get into our zone by the middle. This guy can make damage when you give him some space.

Old
04-10-2004, 07:25 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiG

Well considering it was late and Nylander had already held up because he knew it was offside I dont think the hit really meant anything. Yea, he popped him pretty good, but I guarentee that as Nylander was assisting on the game winner he wasnt even thinking twice about it.

Old
04-10-2004, 08:26 PM
EaGLE1

We also need to knock the young Bergeron. It's good to hit an european like Nylander, after the hit, they dont have the same will.

Old
04-10-2004, 08:34 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
We also need to knock the young Bergeron. It's good to hit an european like Nylander, after the hit, they dont have the same will.
He had the will to assist on that game winner.

Old
04-10-2004, 08:39 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Yea...it had devastating effects on Nylander.......

Oh, and as far as taking shots at Bergeron.......well ask Vaclav Varada and Anton Volchenkov if he is an easy target.

Old
04-10-2004, 08:40 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
That hit was as clean as they come, it looks like the gloves were up because Nylander was bent bver. That was probably the best hit of the playoffs so far.

Unbiased Canadian
It was until Domi's hit on Hossa tonight....

Old
04-10-2004, 08:42 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnytheman
I think the Habs should continue to hit Nylander hard. He's been real good so far, their top centre and probably their top forward in this series. Giving him that extra attention could make him less effective in the game and (hopefully) it could drag that line down.

Let's hope for a repeat of that Begin hit
It didn't deter him with that beauty of a tip pass to Bergeron in the OT...

We haven't had a productive #2 in the play-offs in ages.

Old
04-10-2004, 08:51 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
It was until Domi's hit on Hossa tonight....

Not really, Domi's hit was pretty cheap. Skating from centre and hitting a guy from behind is weak if you ask me.

The hit on Tucker was much nicer.

Old
04-10-2004, 10:11 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Bégins hit is definitely the hit of the playoffs so far.

Domi's hit was good. It was second. Just the fact that Hossa stopped made it look less spectacular. BTW, Domi's hit wasn't cheap. Hossa was just trying to make 1 too many moves and Tie sat him down.

Bégin's hit was just huge, defintiely.

Old
04-10-2004, 11:02 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji_ch
Bégins hit is definitely the hit of the playoffs so far.

Domi's hit was good. It was second. Just the fact that Hossa stopped made it look less spectacular. BTW, Domi's hit wasn't cheap. Hossa was just trying to make 1 too many moves and Tie sat him down.

Bégin's hit was just huge, defintiely.
If you think Begin's hit is the hit of the playoffs, you are either a complete homer or aren't watching the other series. Pothier on Tucker was huge, frankly the whole leaf/sens game was filled with hits as good if not better than Begin's. The Canuck/Flames series has had a few really good ones as well.

Begins hit was very nice, but there have been many comparable and many better.

Oh yeah, add Mclaren on Cajanek today.

Old
04-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Moumni_Bachir

Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
If you think Begin's hit is the hit of the playoffs, you are either a complete homer or aren't watching the other series. Pothier on Tucker was huge, frankly the whole leaf/sens game was filled with hits as good if not better than Begin's. The Canuck/Flames series has had a few really good ones as well.

And the Rob Blake's hit too! The one of Begin was great but...It's always overated by the Montreal Canadiens fans because it was done by a player of their town.

PS: Until Begin break Thornton in the glass I am not sold on the power of his checks

Old
04-11-2004, 01:35 AM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moumni_Bachir
And the Rob Blake's hit too! The one of Begin was great but...It's always overated by the Montreal Canadiens fans because it was done by a player of their town.

PS: Until Begin break Thornton in the glass I am not sold on the power of his checks
What about if he "McLarens" him in the head?

Old
04-11-2004, 07:54 AM
Moumni_Bachir

Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji_ch
What about if he "McLarens" him in the head?
That would be awesome and will deserve the animation of NHL HITZ!

Old
04-11-2004, 10:15 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13

Ya Pothier on Tucker was a damn good hit. Varada on Sundin would have been HUGE if sundin hadn't seen him comming at the last second!

Old
04-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Istvan

Quote:
What exactly does this mean? Is this another Don Cherry style Euros are wimps allusion? Are we expecting Koivu to play timid because he got crunched in game 2? Should we fill the roster exclusively with tough Canadians who don't lose their will after being hit? Aren't the vast majority Canadian hockey players of European descent? Isn't Bergeron a Canadian born player?

Old
04-11-2004, 11:29 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan
What exactly does this mean? Is this another Don Cherry style Euros are wimps allusion? Are we expecting Koivu to play timid because he got crunched in game 2? Should we fill the roster exclusively with tough Canadians who don't lose their will after being hit? Aren't the vast majority Canadian hockey players of European descent? Isn't Bergeron a Canadian born player?
For the answer to this question and many more, tune in tonight. Hope you caught my apology Istvan.

Old
04-11-2004, 12:11 PM
oli500

That was an awsome hit.

Old
04-11-2004, 01:29 PM
GB

Send a message via ICQ to GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan
The amount of anti-Euro stuff on this board is such that I find it easier to just ignore it now. Don't let it wind you up.

Old
04-11-2004, 01:41 PM
HCH

Quote:
That comment has no place on any hockey board.

Old
04-11-2004, 06:51 PM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
For the answer to this question and many more, tune in tonight. Hope you caught my apology Istvan.
Your apology was not necessary [ i'm thick skinned] but accepted. I just got home from work and saw most of the 1st. Bruins goal was a little soft but Kovalev is finally hitting stride. Cheers.

Closed Thread