HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rozsival

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2004, 04:10 PM
SuburbanRhythm
ThorntonSezNoHittin

vCash: 500
Rozsival

Hello guys....haven't been around in awhile again. Still don't get how the tech guys @ work can say this site is not tax related, and therefore blocked!

Didn't see this as a topic recently...just wondering other thoughts.

Are we going to Michal Rozsival in a Pens uni next year?

Tarnstrom, Jackman, and Orpik are pretty much guaranteed spots, and, so says CP, Scuderi.

That leaves 2 spots for Melichar, Strbak (if retained), Whitney (if he impresses), Focht, and Rozsival...as well as any potential trade (doubtful) FA (hello Mr. Bergevin, again!) or other young guy stepping up huge (Bissonette?)

Personally...a little tired of his injuries, and maybe even more so, willingness to play injured. Not suggesting he be out there on his bum knee...but prior to the knee injury last season, were rumblings of him be unwilling to dress while nursing, I believe, a hand injury?

Also, 7 figure salary definitely not in his favor, on a team watching every penny.

But, is one of 2 righties on the roster right now, which may give him a slight edge over the others named.

Dejan touched on this briefly in this past Friday's Q&A.

I don't see the point in keeping him when, 1) there are injury questions and, 2) in 2-3 years, he may be gone anyway, with Whitney/Welch/Bissonette etc group coming in.

I'd have no problem moving him to a team who might take a chance on a guy with injury questions, but fairly steady NHL quality D, because of their situations-- NYR and Washington??

Old
04-11-2004, 05:19 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

well Strbak picked u his player option for next year, so he will be back.

i dont see roszival coming back. he seems way too injury prone anymore, and even though he is right handed, i think the Pens wont be interested in keeping him at his price. i think both he and focht will be gone after this year.

Old
04-11-2004, 05:25 PM
craig1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woobie82

Tarnstrom, Jackman, and Orpik are pretty much guaranteed spots, and, so says CP, Scuderi.

That leaves 2 spots for Melichar, Strbak (if retained), Whitney (if he impresses), Focht, and Rozsival...as well as any potential trade (doubtful) FA (hello Mr. Bergevin, again!) or other young guy stepping up huge (Bissonette?)

Yes. He will be on the team. He is under a guaranteed contract, and no team is likely to take him after consecutive knee injuries. Besides, he's the only righty that they have ready. Nemec needs a full year in the AHL, if not 2 years.

That said, After Tarnstron, Jackman, Orpik Melichar and Schuderi, Strbak is the only one likely to be back. He's cheap and will work well as a stable 7, or fill in due to injury.

-Focht is gone. I'm sorry, but he's bad.
-Whitney needs a year or 2 in WBS to get top minutes and work on D.
-Paul B should be back in Junior next year unless there is a change in the CBA that will let him play in the AHL. He needs to play a year in WBS before he's ready for the NHL.

Old
04-11-2004, 05:27 PM
craig1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Zero
i think the Pens wont be interested in keeping him at his price.

So they what, cut him and pay the contract anyway? It's guaranteed. No one is going to want him coming off of consecutive knee injuries. Especially at around $1.5 million. If he has a good first half of the year, he can be moved, but then if he's playing well, why move him?

Old
04-11-2004, 06:03 PM
No Quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woobie82
Hello guys....haven't been around in awhile again. Still don't get how the tech guys @ work can say this site is not tax related, and therefore blocked!

Didn't see this as a topic recently...just wondering other thoughts.

Personally...a little tired of his injuries, and maybe even more so, willingness to play injured. Not suggesting he be out there on his bum knee...but prior to the knee injury last season, were rumblings of him be unwilling to dress while nursing, I believe, a hand injury?

Also, 7 figure salary definitely not in his favor, on a team watching every penny.

But, is one of 2 righties on the roster right now, which may give him a slight edge over the others named.

Dejan touched on this briefly in this past Friday's Q&A.

I don't see the point in keeping him when, 1) there are injury questions and, 2) in 2-3 years, he may be gone anyway, with Whitney/Welch/Bissonette etc group coming in.

I'd have no problem moving him to a team who might take a chance on a guy with injury questions, but fairly steady NHL quality D, because of their situations-- NYR and Washington??

I'd say try and trade him and use Melichar and Strbak.
I'd start Whitney and Bissonette in WBS and let them play there way onto the big squad if somebody gets hurt.
If one of them 2 really wow Edzo in camp like Koltsov and Malone did, I say sure give one of those guys a shot.
But I'd be willing to bet they'll both start off for The Baby Pens.

Old
04-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Jacob

Bissonnette can't go to the AHL.

The Penguins will probably bring Rozsival to camp to see what he can do. For one, because he's signed and they have no choice, but also because he's young and pretty talented, and has a right handed shot. One thing the Penguins lack is puck moving defenseman whose last names aren't Jackman and Tarnstrom. I mean, we need a couple guys that can anchor the 2nd powerplay unit, and all that.

They might start him off in the AHL to "condition" him, if he doesn't earn a spot on the opening roster to start the year. It's really make or break for Rozsival's NHL career right now, he's getting to the age where he's no longer considered an NHL-level prospect with upside.

I didn't know Strbak's option was a player option, I thought it was a team one. He played fairly well though. I wouldn't have any problem if the Pens brought him back or sent him packing, to be honest.

The top 3 is set; Tarnstrom, Jackman, Orpik. Others have jobs to lose like Melichar and Scuderi. While still others are up in the air, for contractual reasons or other, their job security is about 50/50, like Focht, Rozsival and Strbak. Others are on the outside looking in like Koci, Whitney, Lupaschuk, etc.

Old
04-11-2004, 07:21 PM
GoRyanMalone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2

The Penguins will probably bring Rozsival to camp to see what he can do. For one, because he's signed and they have no choice, but also because he's young and pretty talented, and has a right handed shot. One thing the Penguins lack is puck moving defenseman whose last names aren't Jackman and Tarnstrom. I mean, we need a couple guys that can anchor the 2nd powerplay unit, and all that.

They might start him off in the AHL to "condition" him, if he doesn't earn a spot on the opening roster to start the year. It's really make or break for Rozsival's NHL career right now, he's getting to the age where he's no longer considered an NHL-level prospect with upside.

I didn't know Strbak's option was a player option, I thought it was a team one. He played fairly well though. I wouldn't have any problem if the Pens brought him back or sent him packing, to be honest.

The top 3 is set; Tarnstrom, Jackman, Orpik. Others have jobs to lose like Melichar and Scuderi. While still others are up in the air, for contractual reasons or other, their job security is about 50/50, like Focht, Rozsival and Strbak. Others are on the outside looking in like Koci, Whitney, Lupaschuk, etc.
You do realize, you put it perfectly?

Old
04-11-2004, 07:24 PM
GoRyanMalone

Now that I think of it, could you go ahead and do the forwards? I'd appreciate it.

Old
04-11-2004, 10:01 PM
Fleuryfan29

I don't like Rozzy, so I wouldn't mind seeing him suit up for another team.

Old
04-11-2004, 10:15 PM
No Quarter

Quote:

Good post.

Old
04-12-2004, 01:48 PM
GoRyanMalone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleuryfan29
I don't like Rozzy, so I wouldn't mind seeing him suit up for another team.
Each of us have an opinion. That's o.k. Why don't you like him?

Old
04-12-2004, 01:51 PM
AEKaki

Quote:

wow

Old
04-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Robert Paulson*

Quote:

Nice post.

Old
04-13-2004, 12:04 AM
Jacob

Geeze, I didn't think it was anything special. I was definitely more proud of the Hitler spoof.

Closed Thread