HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"This was our best effort"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-11-2004, 01:31 PM
  #1
misterjaggers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Duke City
Country: United States
Posts: 14,273
vCash: 500
"This was our best effort"

"This was our best effort. We should be proud of ourselves the way we played," Montreal forward Alex Kovalev said [after 2-1 OT loss to the Bruins.]
-A.P. Wire Service in Toronto Star
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...=1044442957278

misterjaggers is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 01:35 PM
  #2
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
"This was our best effort. We should be proud of ourselves the way we played," Montreal forward Alex Kovalev said [after 2-1 OT loss to the Bruins.]
-A.P. Wire Service in Toronto Star
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...=1044442957278

I'm sure there was more to this quote that wasn't printed.

loudi94 is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 02:40 PM
  #3
Madevilz
Registered User
 
Madevilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 3,372
vCash: 500
Why, you guys dont think so?
They definitely gave a great effort, but lost due a bad goal given by Theo... and of course Raycroft's great stops...

Madevilz is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 03:07 PM
  #4
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz
Why, you guys dont think so?
They definitely gave a great effort, but lost due a bad goal given by Theo... and of course Raycroft's great stops...

I must have missed the great stops by Raycroft. I have yet to see a habs player shake their heads in disbelief at a Raycroft save. Yet.

loudi94 is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 03:34 PM
  #5
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Game time, baby
Country: United States
Posts: 38,733
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94
I must have missed the great stops by Raycroft. I have yet to see a habs player shake their heads in disbelief at a Raycroft save. Yet.
Watch a little closer next time.

WBC8 is online now  
Old
04-11-2004, 03:39 PM
  #6
Traitor8
Registered User
 
Traitor8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Iraq
Posts: 4,914
vCash: 500
Ya I don't think Raycroft has been that tested as people seem to believe.
I didn't see the great stops either.

Bulis shots missed the net or hit him right in the "B" before he could even get to the other side of the net.

And Bulis had our best chances.
Souray can't even hit the net.

Traitor8 is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 04:07 PM
  #7
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
Watch a little closer next time.
Give me an example. I honestly haven't seen one. I'm not disparaging Raycroft, I'm just saying he's not the reason the series is 2-0. That's a compliment to the B's defence when the goalie doesn't have to make spectacular saves.

loudi94 is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 04:53 PM
  #8
SuperUnknown
Registered User
 
SuperUnknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Ya I don't think Raycroft has been that tested as people seem to believe.
I didn't see the great stops either.

Bulis shots missed the net or hit him right in the "B" before he could even get to the other side of the net.

And Bulis had our best chances.
Souray can't even hit the net.
The fact that most shooters hit Raycroft in the "B" means he's one step ahead of the play and always in good position to receive the shot.

Raycroft has been pretty good so far, no weak goals and shutting down the few scoring chances the Habs got.

SuperUnknown is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 05:26 PM
  #9
English Hab
Registered User
 
English Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ma USA & Hornsea UK
Country: England
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
The fact that most shooters hit Raycroft in the "B" means he's one step ahead of the play and always in good position to receive the shot.

Raycroft has been pretty good so far, no weak goals and shutting down the few scoring chances the Habs got.
Yeah but in the infamous words of Charlie Conway..... " Yeah caoch, but a step the other way it would have been in!!!!!"

though i still agree with the others... Raycroft has played WELL not great.. the B's defence has contain our boys....

anyway watch out tonite..

I believe!!!!

English Hab is offline  
Old
04-11-2004, 05:28 PM
  #10
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 13,548
vCash: 500
Hang in ther guys... always believe... must be why they call me a die hard!!!

BLONG7 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.