HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

With Filppula out for 2 months, how would Holland feel about Nylander?

Old
11-08-2009, 09:01 AM
broad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post

EDIT: How about Varlamov and Nylander for Howard, Cleary, and Lebda? Maybe a pick? Someone else? I don't know what Washington needs...
Yes, the Caps want to get rid of Nylander but giving up Varlamov while doing so? One step forward and thirty billion steps back.

I will be very very surprised if Nylander ends up on re-entry waivers. The Caps will need the cap space next year and 2.3 M of empty cap space is going to be too tough to swallow.

In my opinion, there are only two reasons for putting Nylander on waivers. The most likely one is that this is the first step to loaning him to a European club. Possibly HC Lugano in the Swiss League or Avangard Omsk in the KHL. The other possibility is to see if any NHL club wants to pick him up. Re-entry waivers is out of the question.

How long is Jason Williams out for? Will he be on LTIR?

Bertuzzi for Nylander, with Franzen, Filpulla and William's LTIR cap relief to make up the difference? Does that work?

broad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 03:41 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyna View Post
Yes, the Caps want to get rid of Nylander but giving up Varlamov while doing so? One step forward and thirty billion steps back.
The only reason I popped Varlamov in there is because Theodore seems to be playing quite well now, and if they want someone to take Nylander off their hands it might take adding someone like Varlamov to the package.

Quote:
I will be very very surprised if Nylander ends up on re-entry waivers. The Caps will need the cap space next year and 2.3 M of empty cap space is going to be too tough to swallow.

In my opinion, there are only two reasons for putting Nylander on waivers. The most likely one is that this is the first step to loaning him to a European club. Possibly HC Lugano in the Swiss League or Avangard Omsk in the KHL. The other possibility is to see if any NHL club wants to pick him up. Re-entry waivers is out of the question.
Oh, I totally agree. GMGM would have to have a major brainpoop to do that. I mean, they're off the hook for his entire salary now cap-wise.

Quote:
How long is Jason Williams out for? Will he be on LTIR?
I can imagine he would be. 4-6 weeks is a decent chunk of games.

Quote:
Bertuzzi for Nylander, with Franzen, Filpulla and William's LTIR cap relief to make up the difference? Does that work?
I don't think Bertuzzi's salary would take enough off of the current cap to make enough of a difference, which is why I initially offered up Cleary. I don't really want to give up Cleary, so unless Washington could convince Rafalski to waive his NMC...

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote