HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Taylor or Tyler - The 2010 Draft Thread

Old
07-07-2010, 11:08 PM
NobodysFaulkButMine
You jelly, Staal?

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NobodysFaulkButMine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
It's funny you mention Jordan though as he's the one I had the least issue with. He had the pedigree from making the Czech WJC team in his draft season. Still not sure what to make of him as he's a bit inconsistent but I'd say he's similar to a Frank Kaberle type prospect with a bit more of a physical side.

The name though, I'll never stop mocking that name. He needs to be wearing #23
He just really had a bad year, which kind of rubbed me the wrong way. This was the year for him to step up and be the go-to guy on the blueline for the Whalers, but he just seemed to crack. His defensive turnovers were awful and often, he lost his puck carrying confidence, he was getting beat 1 on 1 way too often and even on the PP he was a bit slow to react.

Although this one season doesn't define his career, but he was missing the swagger a kid like him needs. Honestly, from when I watched the Whalers this year, Levi seemed to be the guy who stood out the most on the backend. Jordan still has a ways to go, but I hope for the best. He's certainly more talented than the rest of his Plymouth brethren.

NobodysFaulkButMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 11:14 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAShoesm View Post
He just really had a bad year, which kind of rubbed me the wrong way. This was the year for him to step up and be the go-to guy on the blueline for the Whalers, but he just seemed to crack. His defensive turnovers were awful and often, he lost his puck carrying confidence, he was getting beat 1 on 1 way too often and even on the PP he was a bit slow to react.

Although this one season doesn't define his career, but he was missing the swagger a kid like him needs. Honestly, from when I watched the Whalers this year, Levi seemed to be the guy who stood out the most on the backend. Jordan still has a ways to go, but I hope for the best. He's certainly more talented than the rest of his Plymouth brethren.
Makes sense, I only saw him live at the World Juniors and he did look good there for the Czechs. Didn't really stand out negatively and he held his own against every team I saw. Mind you I didn't get to see Czech-Sweden as I didn't get in to Regina in time to make that one. Against the Fins in particular he did a good job of shutting down Granlund, but of course there's really not much of a response to Vatanen bombing it from the point like he was.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote