HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ribs please show some class... God a NHlplayer..

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2004, 09:53 PM
qwert

vCash: 500
Ribs please show some class... God a NHlplayer..

Not a good sign, he will never be a captain in this leaque, i how someone sadi something to him on the habs behind closed doors.. God if he had to work to some people on montreal to even make the nhl he would be a better hockey player.. He was always given a free ride until julien can bg came in.. Look around ribs ( the room) and show some respect..God makes me sick

Old
04-12-2004, 09:57 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert
God makes me sick

Sorry to hear that.

Old
04-12-2004, 10:15 PM
Kovalev Is A Hab

nothing good can come out of this thread, mods you know what to do...

Old
04-12-2004, 10:16 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94
Sorry to hear that.
Good one lol

Old
04-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert
Not a good sign, he will never be a captain in this leaque
So... are you saying you had hopes he would before that incident?

Old
04-12-2004, 10:25 PM
tinyzombies

I like his cocky attitude. Sometimes he goes overboard and calls out a player twice his size, but that also means he's annoying the other team and playing fired up.

If he annoys the people in Boston and Toronto and especially the Leafs homers on Hockey Night In Canada, all the better!

Go Ribs Go

Old
04-12-2004, 10:39 PM
Kovalev Is A Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
So... are you saying you had hopes he would before that incident?
So true...

Old
04-12-2004, 10:40 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
I like his cocky attitude. Sometimes he goes overboard and calls out a player twice his size, but that also means he's annoying the other team and playing fired up.

If he annoys the people in Boston and Toronto and especially the Leafs homers on Hockey Night In Canada, all the better!

Go Ribs Go
I kind of look at it in the same light. If he can get under the Bruins skin then that will force them to play undisiplined hockey. And that can help us expose them using our speed. I hope this plays on the Bruins minds but I am pretty sure being professional athletes, this won't even bother them.

Old
04-12-2004, 10:41 PM
Kovalev Is A Hab

Quote:

Go Ribs Go
Also true... just because Ribs isnt 6ft4 240lbs doesnt mean he cant be a "pest".!

Old
04-12-2004, 10:44 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
I kind of look at it in the same light. If he can get under the Bruins skin then that will force them to play undisiplined hockey. And that can help us expose them using our speed. I hope this plays on the Bruins minds but I am pretty sure being professional athletes, this won't even bother them.
They are obviously trying to use it to draw the Habs into the box. You can tell from McGillis's bad acting job when he was interviewed. Obviously the coaches told them to try to use this as a way to piss Montreal off and get them off their game.

I take it as a sign that they are starting to get real worried. The so-called 700 pound line has gained weight and is -5 and Theodore has more points than Thornton.

We've figured out how to take Gonchar out of the game (see Ward's early hit) and we finally have Kovalev going with Saku about to recover fully from the flu.

I like what I see.

Old
04-12-2004, 10:44 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
Its a double edged sword though. Not only is it a rallying point for the Bruins, it also raises doubts in referee's minds. Maybe Montreal doesn't get that borderline call next time, maybe the ref doesn't blow the play dead next time a hab is injured.

Old
04-12-2004, 10:47 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
They are obviously trying to use it to draw the Habs into the box. You can tell from McGillis's bad acting job when he was interviewed. Obviously the coaches told them to try to use this as a way to piss Montreal off and get them off their game.

I take it as a sign that they are starting to get real worried. The so-called 700 pound line has gained weight and is -5 and Theodore has more points than Thornton.

We've figured out how to take Gonchar out of the game (see Ward's early hit) and we finally have Kovalev going with Saku about to recover fully from the flu.

I like what I see.
Hopefully Begin is back soon....I am starting to love this warrior

Old
04-12-2004, 10:57 PM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Its a double edged sword though. Not only is it a rallying point for the Bruins, it also raises doubts in referee's minds. Maybe Montreal doesn't get that borderline call next time, maybe the ref doesn't blow the play dead next time a hab is injured.
Agree. A referee calling a penalty or not calling it can make the difference between a win or a lose.

Old
04-12-2004, 11:02 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
Agree. A referee calling a penalty or not calling it can make the difference between a win or a lose.

To add to it, from what we have seen of the officiating already in this early portion of the playoffs, its truly playing with fire. The reffing has been quesitonable in every series so far, we've been wondering what is going on in some of their heads already, the last thing we need is an added element of doubt and bias in their heads.

Old
04-12-2004, 11:02 PM
G-unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
Ya, I agree, but won't make much of a difference if they continue calling the penalties like they did in the last minute of yesterday's game eh?

Old
04-12-2004, 11:08 PM
Corey

Ribeiro needs another practice session with Koivu to wise him up on the ways of the NHL. He thinks he's still in the QMJHL.

Old
04-12-2004, 11:11 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
Ribeiro needs another practice session with Koivu to wise him up on the ways of the NHL. He thinks he's still in the QMJHL.
Not only did he have a tussle with Koivu in practice but also Theodore........this kid needs to mature up quick no doubt

Old
04-12-2004, 11:50 PM
Quagmier

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit
Ya, I agree, but won't make much of a difference if they continue calling the penalties like they did in the last minute of yesterday's game eh?
I fully agree, I feel like Ribeiro was thinking: "how could the refs get any worse?"

Old
04-13-2004, 12:04 AM
skoivu

Forget another session wiht koivu Langdon shoudl be the one to set him striahgt. When he was lieing there kicking his legs like he had gotten shot my stomach turned. But then he gets up and is lauhging on his way to the bench I was embarassed to be cheering for him. We get enough heta cuz our forwards are small but at least we had they play wiht heart. Now we look like fuc**ng clowns.

Old
04-13-2004, 12:13 AM
rib71

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
Not only did he have a tussle with Koivu in practice but also Theodore........this kid needs to mature up quick no doubt
ribs and theo are best friends!!!!
plus it was a mistake!

Old
04-13-2004, 12:15 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib71
ribs and theo are best friends!!!!
plus it was a mistake!
Yeah, we went on a roll after the incident too

Old
04-13-2004, 12:27 AM
F. Duchemin

Send a message via MSN to F. Duchemin
with his low constitution, i think he will get hurt badly someday if he dont mature.

Old
04-13-2004, 08:51 AM
scosar

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit

Every team complains about the refs. If you don't believe me just read the posts on each teams website. The refs are human though and nobody likes to be shown up. If they stopped the play and a player gets up laughing and indicating (maybe) that he wasn't really hurt, then you can be sure that somewhere in the back of their minds the refs will be slow to call a penalty taken against Ribs.

Old
04-13-2004, 08:56 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Why is everyone *****ing at Ribeiro. From all we know, he might have truly been injured. Give him the benefit of the doubt. Plus, you're only supposed to criticize the Boston Bruins: not your own team.

Old
04-13-2004, 02:17 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
I can care less about how much someone fakes injuries, not my problem. I like ribs, nothing more to it.

Closed Thread