HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ribeiro's act

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2004, 02:49 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
Ok , this is called Bruin Blindness....that was just intent to mangle Begin's legs....He was NOT sliding for the puck...he was ducking the hit and trying to hurt .
I'm not even going to comment any further because I know where this will go .
Funny how the habs are the so called "bad guys" according to some bruin fans when in fact Ribs did not hurt anyone and it was actually McGillis trying to clip Begin low.....

Old
04-12-2004, 02:49 PM
gump

speaking of blindness, have you seen a replay of Ryders hit on Axleson? Please explain where his shoulder hits him???? (I'll save you the time, he hits him with his gloves in the head) Don't believe me check out TSN. Mcgillis broke his stick went to the ice to clear the puck in which he did. It's to bad someone got hurt but believe it or not a player can get hurt without a cheapshot involved. Accidents happen.

Old
04-12-2004, 02:54 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzIsLife
Yes Ribs is a gutless puke... or is he? I couldn't tell you the ppl who could are his family members or doesnt he show he's man enough seeing how big he is working through all the critics ******** and physical abuse to put up 65 points in his first complete season? Oh Yeah he's a gutless puke
coming from the same Fuking bruins fans who said that McClaren's hit was fuking legitimate... habz fans argued you guyz stood on ur fuking heads and said it was a legit hit! where are the true habz fans who remember this? huh? wanna talk about a gutless puke? how's Thornton huh? 6'4 230 pounds going after Markov 6'0 190 pounds hmm? when he's healthy spearing Markov hows THAT for a gutless puke... u know what Bruins fans u don't like ribeiro FINE he doesn't play on your team! And to the rest of you Bruin Fan Kissing So CALLED Habz fans! Take this "Crap"!! stick it in your pipes! and SMOKE the "Callumet" of I Don't GIVE a Muda F'IN DAMN!!

Amen.

Old
04-12-2004, 02:54 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump
speaking of blindness, have you seen a replay of Ryders hit on Axleson? Please explain where his shoulder hits him???? (I'll save you the time, he hits him with his gloves in the head) Don't believe me check out TSN. Mcgillis broke his stick went to the ice to clear the puck in which he did. It's to bad someone got hurt but believe it or not a player can get hurt without a cheapshot involved. Accidents happen.
I absolutely agree, Ryder basically punched him in the head. There was no shoulder. What's Your point? I wasn't saying the Habs never do anything wrong. I'm just saying Mcgillis DID .

Old
04-12-2004, 02:58 PM
Kovalev Is A Hab

Quote:
Yes Ribs is a gutless puke... or is he? I couldn't tell you the ppl who could are his family members or doesnt he show he's man enough seeing how big he is working through all the critics ******** and physical abuse to put up 65 points in his first complete season? Oh Yeah he's a gutless puke
coming from the same Fuking bruins fans who said that McClaren's hit was fuking legitimate... habz fans argued you guyz stood on ur fuking heads and said it was a legit hit! where are the true habz fans who remember this? huh? wanna talk about a gutless puke? how's Thornton huh? 6'4 230 pounds going after Markov 6'0 190 pounds hmm? when he's healthy spearing Markov hows THAT for a gutless puke... u know what Bruins fans u don't like ribeiro FINE he doesn't play on your team! And to the rest of you Bruin Fan Kissing So CALLED Habz fans! Take this "Crap"!! stick it in your pipes! and SMOKE the "Callumet" of I Don't GIVE a Muda F'IN DAMN!!
Hahaha i think i luv you man

Old
04-12-2004, 02:58 PM
mcphee

Quote:
I think someone needs a hug.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Habs all the way

RDS is reporting that Ribs may have a neck injury.

To me, it looked as if Ribeiro fell on his elbow. I had an injury like that once. My elbow pad slipped down my arm and then I was hit and fell backwards landing on my elbow and the ulnar nerve (the funny bone). It hurt like hell- it felt like an electric shock shooting up and down my arm. I was writhing on the ice for a few seconds. Afterwards, my arm was numb and my fingers were tingling, but the excruciating pain was gone. I was able to play afterwards but the next day, the forearm remained numbs and any little hit to my elbow would be excruciating. So although it looked to me as Ribeiro was faking, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because I went through an injury that could be exactly like that.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:09 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I think someone needs a hug.
I DO I DO!!! Come hug me you sexy hunk of man you

Old
04-12-2004, 03:13 PM
mcphee

Quote:
I DO I DO!!! Come hug me you sexy hunk of man you
That's me mcphee, hunka, hunka burnin love. I think I'm getting like Johnny.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:16 PM
habfan4

Just when I thought this place couldn't get any more strange.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:21 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Ok , this is called Bruin Blindness....that was just intent to mangle Begin's legs....He was NOT sliding for the puck...he was ducking the hit and trying to hurt .
I'm not even going to comment any further because I know where this will go .
yes, so do i, all Bruins are cheap, all bruins are dirty, they are led by the dirtiest and cheapest guy in th league, Joe Thornton.

Hey, at least he tried to take his leg out, unlinke Begin or Ryder who tried to take two players heads off.......

(and please note the sarcasm there in most of that, i do hope someone can figure it out)

Old
04-12-2004, 03:28 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4

Just when I thought this place couldn't get any more strange.
I know, I wake up every day thinking I can't sink lower but I keep on surprising myself. I think BB needs a hug too, he seems a bit cranky and irritable. I may PM him to inquire about regularity.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:31 PM
Inertiatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan
yes, so do i, all Bruins are cheap, all bruins are dirty, they are led by the dirtiest and cheapest guy in th league, Joe Thornton.

Hey, at least he tried to take his leg out, unlinke Begin or Ryder who tried to take two players heads off.......

(and please note the sarcasm there in most of that, i do hope someone can figure it out)

Just to clarify:

If you consider Ryder's light push "ripping someones head off" you got problems. If Axelsson actually got hurt on that play, that guy shouldn't be in the NHL. There's more violence in my Junior hockey team. Let's be reasonable.

And Yes, I consider Thornton to be cheap. If you can't see it by now... I'm a at a loss for words. I'm a Habs fan, but I still recognize that Ribeiro is a gutless puke. I would have benched him for that. Let's put away the bias for one minute and call a spade a spade.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan

Use hyperbole to ridicule Hab fans all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Thornton is a cheap, dirty player. Anyone who cannot see that is a homer. While no-talent headhunters like Ruutu and Marchment are around, he'll never earn the title of dirtiest, but he is still stick-happy player who also won't hesitate to hit you from behind and plant your face into the boards. That's why so many people got a kick out of watching Lindros break his face in half. Think they would have felt the same way about Shanahan or Roberts had it happened to one of them?

Old
04-12-2004, 03:39 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Use hyperbole to ridicule Hab fans all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Thornton is a cheap, dirty player. Anyone who cannot see that is a homer. While no-talent headhunters like Ruutu and Marchment are around, he'll never earn the title of dirtiest, but he is still stick-happy player who also won't hesitate to hit you from behind and plant your face into the boards. That's why so many people got a kick out of watching Lindros break his face in half. Think they would have felt the same way about Shanahan had it happened to him?
Well Guy, that's certainly not the tone of reconciliation I was hoping to here. I think you should log off and think about what you've said.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Well Guy, that's certainly not the tone of reconciliation I was hoping to here. I think you should log off and think about what you've said.
We're at war, mcphee. I prefer to save the niceties until the handshakes. And even then I might spit on my hand first.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
We're at war, mcphee. I prefer to save the niceties until the handshakes. And even then I might spit on my hand first.
Huuuum,

Are you Guy's evil twin?

Old
04-12-2004, 03:48 PM
bb_fan

Quote:

while i am impressed with the avatar, you do know u shouldnt be drinking the 'ink' in the bottle there, dont ya?

Old
04-12-2004, 03:52 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Huuuum,

Are you Guy's evil twin?
It's the combination of playoff fever, the fact that we've played the Bruins 3 times in the last six nights, and my new handlebar moustache. It's all turning me into a cranky son of a *****. If we played the Leafs, they might have to lock me up.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:53 PM
mcphee

Quote:
No quarter given, none asked. I like that.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:56 PM
mcphee

Quote:
It's the combination of playoff fever, the fact that we've played the Bruins 3 times in the last six nights, and my new handlebar moustache. It's all turning me into a cranky son of a *****. If we played the Leafs, they might have to lock me up.
If we played the Leafs, I'd ask my daughter to hide the computer for a week. Even with today this has been remarkably civil. mcphee says as bb sucker punches him.

Old
04-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Rahan

lol I don't get how people on this thread can be seriously thinking that way. calling Ribeiro a "gutless puke" because he thought he was injured. What's wrong with our society?

You know who the gutless pukes are? People insulting Ribeiro and making a case of it. You don't know why he was laughing afterwards, you don't know if it really hurt since you weren't in his body at that time. Hey, I'll find it funny the day you get in an accident, don't go to the hospital because you're afraid you'll get called names because you don't look really hurt and could be called, let's say, a wuss, and die from an injury you got in that accident. I don't think people would call you a "gutless puke" if you think you're hurt and go for a checkup, so why do you do this to an athlete that thought he was really hurt - in that case Ribeiro?

Why don't you get into people's shoes before insulting their acting, you "gutless pukes".

Last edited by Rahan: 04-12-2004 at 04:33 PM.
Old
04-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
lol I don't get how people on this thread can be seriously thinking that way. calling Ribeiro a "gutless puke" because he thought he was injured. What's wrong with our society?

You know who the gutless pukes are? People insulting Ribeiro and making a case of it. You don't know why he was laughing afterwards, you don't know if it really hurt since you weren't in his body at that time. Hey, I'll find it funny the day you get in a car accident, don't go to the hospital and die from an injury they got in that accident. I don't think people would call you a "gutless puke" if you think you're hurt and go for a checkup, so why do you do this to an athlete that thought he was really hurt - in that case Ribeiro?

Why don't you get into people's shoes before insulting their acting, you "gutless pukes".
Hey i have been in five car accidents, 2 serious. Thats the worst thing i have heard you say around here. If you were joking i wouldnt mind, but too me it seems like your not.

People here are intitiled to their own opinion.

Old
04-12-2004, 04:13 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
If you can't reply with an argument shut the hell up if you can plz share...
why should i reply to the following to only agrue more points noone will agree upon???

QUOTE=HabzIsLife]Yes Ribs is a gutless puke... or is he? I couldn't tell you the ppl who could are his family members or doesnt he show he's man enough seeing how big he is working through all the critics ******** and physical abuse to put up 65 points in his first complete season? Oh Yeah he's a gutless puke
coming from the same Fuking bruins fans who said that McClaren's hit was fuking legitimate... habz fans argued you guyz stood on ur fuking heads and said it was a legit hit! where are the true habz fans who remember this? huh? wanna talk about a gutless puke? how's Thornton huh? 6'4 230 pounds going after Markov 6'0 190 pounds hmm? when he's healthy spearing Markov hows THAT for a gutless puke... u know what Bruins fans u don't like ribeiro FINE he doesn't play on your team! And to the rest of you Bruin Fan Kissing So CALLED Habz fans! Take this "Crap"!! stick it in your pipes! and SMOKE the "Callumet" of I Don't GIVE a Muda F'IN DAMN!!"...[/QUOTE]

I mean, u want to still go on about Thornton for the whack he gave Marhkov, and i counter it with all the cheap little stick shots Marhkov had been giving him, and u contunter it with something, and i counter it with something, and so begins the viscious cycle again(right mooch, kinda like when everyone jumped on Joe for that hit on..... on.....on......na i cant bring that up again can i!!!) although now u might feel my frustration with these Joe things from how long ago to now???

Why would i want argue something neither side will really agree on????

If u want to call him a man for working thru the critics bull, and playing for a guys hi size, and what ever, i could care less, there are plenty of guys in the league his size.

so, is it just bruins fans who can stick that what ever in there pipe and smoke it, or does your post apply to those montreal fans who also think the same of what ribiero did?

and u stick this in your pipe and smoke it!

Old
04-12-2004, 04:13 PM
mcphee

Here's what I think about last night, he says like it's the first time. When the Bruins hit desperation mode with about 3 minutes to go, D pinching, furious forechecking, there was understandably a little panic on the home side. The play resembled a pinball game. Rivet caught a stick, I don't know from who, I assume it was carelessness as i also assume most Bruins would prefer to win. No calls were made as there were a few desperate takedowns. The players were tired and reacting to scrambly play. McGillis ? When it happened, I thought he low bridged Begin, but on the replay, I really don't know his intention. if a guy takes out a guy's knees, he's low, like a Marchment, I don't think McG. has a history so I really couldn't say. Ribeiro ? Who knows ? I thought he was acting. I still am not convinced he wasn't. RDS and The Score run with whatever the team releases. We'll see. The cockiness he showed afterwards ? I don't like that stuff and I 've explained why in 6 threads on 2 boards. I don't think he's achieved quite the villain status that our Bruin friends would have us believe but i can't have much to do with that. As to his being a punk ? Maybe it's generational, but I think he'll do himself more harm than good with that act. I trust he'll learn just because I think he wants his carreer enough. Axellson and Ryder and all that stuff, pretty well the same thing, game played out of control, and bodies flying. In the end,Habs win and need to win again. We're still down. Ribeiro providing motivation ? It's the playoffs, who needs motivation ? Frankly, I'm more worried about Souray than any of this stuff.

Closed Thread