HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Now Ericsson Whos Next? (H1N1, flu?)

Old
11-01-2009, 03:07 PM
RedMenace
100% Less Babcock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaAnotherWingsFaN View Post
Thanks for the insight Dr. Menance greatly appreciated, and by the way I wasn't refering to who was gonna get the flu next, I was refering to who might we lose next due to injuries, sickness, errant sticks to the eye etc.... because seems we have had some pretty bad luck in that department so far, genius!
... you didn't say that. The topic is about the H1N1 flu. The original post is about Jonathan Ericsson not feeling well, possibly because of the flu.

If you didn't want to have responses about who might get the flu next, perhaps you should have made the topic clearer.

What's with the name calling?

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 03:13 PM
DaFranzenator

Send a message via ICQ to DaFranzenator
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
... you didn't say that. The topic is about the H1N1 flu. The original post is about Jonathan Ericsson not feeling well, possibly because of the flu.

If you didn't want to have responses about who might get the flu next, perhaps you should have made the topic clearer.

I also don't understand why you feel the need to resort to name calling in all of your responses to me. If you have a problem with me, just say it.
Sorry, I dont have a problem with you, u just rubbed me the wrong way about something u said in the Hudler thread, but its cool, my bad all be more a little more sensitive next time, anyway you can blame the (H1N1, flu) subtitle on whoever was moderating the board, I never put that in the title, which makes me wonder why they feel they can just go in and change thread titles?

DaFranzenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Sorry, I dont have a problem with you, u just rubbed me the wrong way about something u said in the Hudler thread, but its cool, my bad all be more a little more sensitive next time, anyway you can blame the (H1N1, flu) subtitle on whoever was moderating the board, I never put that in the title, which makes me wonder why they feel they can just go in and change thread titles?
Cause you said something about disinfecting the locker room, and he wasn't "feeling well." Hence the question mark. Had he been injured, the title would say injury or torn/broken something-or-other, or he needs surgery...... ya know?

Also from the article you linked:
Quote:
Defenseman Jonathan Ericsson didn't skate. He wasn't feeling well and stayed at the hotel. The team isn't prepared to call it the flu yet. Coach Mike Babcock said there still is a chance Ericsson could be ready for tonight's game against the Flames.

Old
11-01-2009, 04:35 PM
DaFranzenator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
Cause you said something about disinfecting the locker room, and he wasn't "feeling well." Hence the question mark. Had he been injured, the title would say injury or torn/broken something-or-other, or he needs surgery...... ya know?

Also from the article you linked:
I wasn't necessairly refering to the flu, I meant "who's next" as in you know we've had already two major injuries, now this, who's next?

Old
11-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Marky9er

Quote:
Dang that sucks Marky9er, hope ya feel better man!
Thanks! I'm already feeling a little better. I'm hoping to make my return saturday @ the air canada center!

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
I wasn't necessairly refering to the flu, I meant "who's next" as in you know we've had already two major injuries, now this, who's next?

You want me to get rid of the parentheses then?

For the record, you can just send one of us a PM and clarify, or ask that a different title be used. It's not that big of a deal. In this case, I really did think you were bringing up the flu thing based on the article and Big E's possibly having the flu.

Old
11-01-2009, 05:38 PM
DaFranzenator

Quote:
You want me to get rid of the parentheses then?

For the record, you can just send one of us a PM and clarify, or ask that a different title be used. It's not that big of a deal. In this case, I really did think you were bringing up the flu thing based on the article and Big E's possibly having the flu.
No, its not a big deal, I should of been more specific I guess in the first place.

Old
11-03-2009, 07:16 AM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

Flu bug hits Kronwall and Rafalski as well? via mlive. http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....red_wings.html
Quote:
The flu bug could make Tuesday night's game against the Boston Bruins even tougher for the Detroit Red Wings.

Three of their top five defensemen -- Brian Rafalski, Niklas Kronwall and Jonathan Ericsson -- could not practice Monday because of the flu.

The Red Wings hope all three will play Tuesday and need at least two dressed to fill their lineup. If only one can play, Detroit would need to recall somebody from Grand Rapids (AHL), possibly Jakub Kindl.

kuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 08:03 AM
Filppula
Jurks

If Kindl plays, I think I'll pass out with excitement.

I could see his NHL debut (this one's being shown in Aus)!!

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Probably too late. He's been with the team the entire time. They'll be dropping over the next 7-10 days.

I wonder if it'll be like some numerical sequence, 1, 2, 4, 16..... that should cover everyone then.

Old
11-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Schroedingers Cat

The team was just in Edmonton, where the Oilers had been dealing with H1N1, and H1N1, as well as the seasonal flu, is rapidly spreading in Michigan from the west coast and northward from Monroe. It was only a matter of time before the team got nailed.

I'm surprised NHL teams haven't been using their connections to acquire vaccinations for their player. Hell, I'm surprised flu vaccinations aren't mandatory in the NHL.

edit: If this flu bug follow previous pandemic patterns it might be better to get it now anyway. The 1919 swine flu had a mild wave and then came back a few months later and ****ed up anyone who didn't get it before.

Last edited by Schroedingers Cat: 11-03-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Schroedingers Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 11:10 AM
detredWINgs

The H1N1 shot is causing more issues than the actual virus itself. If you get the injection - which is a live virus - you're supposed to wear and mouth/nose mask for 3 days following the injection. How many people got the shot? How many do you see walking around with said masks? Exactly.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 11:21 AM
DaFranzenator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
If Kindl plays, I think I'll pass out with excitement.

I could see his NHL debut (this one's being shown in Aus)!!
He would be interesting to see him up with the big club, but I dont think he's anywhere near ready for that role, so thats not gonna happened instead we've recalled Doug Janik, with Rafi and Big E out I'm hoping we dont get steamrolled tonight.

Old
11-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Schroedingers Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
The H1N1 shot is causing more issues than the actual virus itself. If you get the injection - which is a live virus - you're supposed to wear and mouth/nose mask for 3 days following the injection. How many people got the shot? How many do you see walking around with said masks? Exactly.
The regular seasonal flu is a live virus as well. Can you reference that claim because I haven't seen anything anywhere about being required to wear a mask.

The H1N1 shot isn't any more dangerous than the seasonal flu shot as it was prepared in the same time frame and with the same general information as the seasonal shot - they just had to split production between seasonal and H1N1 this year.

Old
11-03-2009, 11:23 AM
DaFranzenator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroedingers Cat View Post
The regular seasonal flu is a live virus as well. Can you reference that claim because I haven't seen anything anywhere about being required to wear a mask.

The H1N1 shot isn't any more dangerous than the seasonal flu shot as it was prepared in the same time frame and with the same general information as the seasonal shot - they just had to split production between seasonal and H1N1 this year.
Yea I'm pretty sure I've been on the up and up with H1N1 and I"ve haven't read anywhere about people being required to where a mask after receiving the vaccine.

Old
11-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Fugu

vCash:
The inhaled vaccine is a live virus. It's not a shot. People who are going to be around immunocompromised or high risk people are instructed to wear a mask for 2-3 days if they get the inhaled version.

Most people will get the shot however. The shots are made from killed viruses (heat, chemicals), just so that the protein coat is intact so the immune system knows what to target. (There are things called antigens on the viral coat that the antibodies, once sensitized, will "remember" and mount a very quick response if the virus ever shows up again.)

Old
11-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Heaton
#hope

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
The inhaled vaccine is a live virus. It's not a shot. People who are going to be around immunocompromised or high risk people are instructed to wear a mask for 2-3 days if they get the inhaled version.

Most people will get the shot however.
I've worked in an Elementary School for the past 5 years so I'm feeling pretty good.

I think I'd get reported if I was walking around in a surgical mask.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Schroedingers Cat

Quote:

Most people will get the shot however. The shots are made from killed viruses (heat, chemicals), just so that the protein coat is intact so the immune system knows what to target. (There are things called antigens on the viral coat that the antibodies, once sensitized, will "remember" and mount a very quick response if the virus ever shows up again.)
Yep, the live shot has deactivated virii with the H1N1 serotype. I think I've read that the inhaled vaccine is a virus with the H1N1 serotype that has mutated to be less virulent and milder but that may be BS.

I'm dealing with either a cold or flu right now and I'm hoping it's swine flu so I can get it out of the way. My family doctor has already told me to stay home all week just in case.

Old
11-03-2009, 07:42 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroedingers Cat View Post

You aren't required to wear it. You're supposed to wear it, per the medical staff at St. John's Oakland (where my sister works) and Detroit Medical Center (where my father works).

And yes, this is for the vaccination that is essentially the nasal spray.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 03:26 PM
footesh

I just left work today because I wasn't feeling well. It feels like getting in a car crash because your whole body aches. No fun at all. Boo H1N1!
Posted via Mobile Device

footesh is offline   Reply With Quote