Notices

Did Antropov forget to shoot?

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Sabonis

vCash: 500
I think Nik will get his 20 goals.

I'm just happy that there is someone on that line who is defensively responsible. I mean..I've watched Nik since 1999 and he's always been defensively responsible, but he seems to be more diligent than ever.

He's always covering for the rushing d-men and is always in good position everywhere on the ice.

Old
11-16-2009, 10:34 AM
The Sneak

Absolutely do not care. He isn't shooting because he doesn't have to. He's playing with guys that have a combined 19 goals. He understands you only get to play with one puck and he's getting it to the right guys.

Nik Antropov has 16 points in 17 games. Yes, please! Thank you!

Nik Antropov is +7 to lead the team with Kubina. Don't know if you've noticed but Ol' Saint Nik isn't playing with cats known for their defensive prowess.

Nik Antropov has played in every game this season. He's showing reliability and durability when Kovalchuk and Little have missed multiple games and Armstrong and Kane have been dinged.

This is a non issue for me. Score or don't score just keep winning.

10-6-1. Most important stat right now.

Old
11-16-2009, 03:13 PM
pfloyd75

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
Nik Antropov is +7 to lead the team with Kubina. .
Not to rain on your parade, but Kane leads the team with a +9.

I think Antropov has been doing pretty well and I couldn't care less if he scores a goal all season as long as he keeps racking up assists and the team keeps winning.

Old
11-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Cool Hand Luke

I think the most comforting thing about Antropov this season is that when he got hurt early on, he came back within a couple of games (I think) and started back up right where he left off. Injuries have always been a problem. Whenever he got hurt as a Leaf it was always like "here we go again".

He also seems stronger and more in control of his huge body. He was always good defensively, but this season he has excelled from what I've seen. There is a reason that the Leafs seem to be weaker without him defensively.

Old
11-19-2009, 10:30 PM
draeko17

First goal of the season.....Yippeee...Go Nik!! (hey, as a die-hard Leaf fan and a huge fan of Antropov, ya gotta let me have a reason to celebrate.....lol)

Old
11-24-2009, 02:56 AM
PensFan6687

20 points and +10 in 20 games. So what if he isn't shooting and scoring, he's been terrific! Keep up the great work Nik!

Old
12-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Reydin

I really thought he would be the next Leaf captain.

Old
12-06-2009, 09:29 PM
thas

Antropov never really shot the puck much in Toronto. He did a bit more in New york, but if you want him to score tell him to screen the goalie and he will tip the pucks in. That is the classic antropov, the master of the tip ins.

Old
12-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
Antropov is king of the garbage goal. He'll score almost all of his goals on tip ins, rebounds, etc etc.

Can't expect him to score on rebounds when Kovy has put it top shelf with the shot, can you?

Old
12-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Hockey Talker29

Thoughts on Antropov?

Hey there,

Leafs fan here. I'm still a big fan of Nik's, and I just wanted to know how Thrashers' fans feel about #80.

He seems to be playing pretty damn good, at least statistically. Well worth the $4 million/year contract he signed.

So what do you guys (and gals) think of him?

Old
12-28-2009, 02:58 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

He started off the season slow, but has turned into a true #1 center. Here's the thoughts:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=698712

Old
12-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Antropov is the best forward on the team right now, in my opinion. Max seems to be in a slump, and Kovy has been terrible since those first few great games he had when he returned from injury.

Nik is solid defensively, and has scored in almost every game for the past 10 games. He's got amazing hockey sense. I watched the Leafs a lot when he played there, and he's showing things now that I never saw him show in the blue and white.

Old
12-28-2009, 09:47 PM
Cleatus

Send a message via MSN to Cleatus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
Antropov is the best forward on the team right now, in my opinion. Max seems to be in a slump, and Kovy has been terrible since those first few great games he had when he returned from injury.

Nik is solid defensively, and has scored in almost every game for the past 10 games. He's got amazing hockey sense. I watched the Leafs a lot when he played there, and he's showing things now that I never saw him show in the blue and white.
He's a very streaky player, dude. Don't expect him to consistently score the way he has been lately, he did it a lot for the Leafs too (in streaks).

Old
12-30-2009, 12:05 PM
Sabonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
He's a very streaky player, dude. Don't expect him to consistently score the way he has been lately, he did it a lot for the Leafs too (in streaks).
I think that because of who he is playing with now, it will be much more difficult for him to be as streaky as he was with the leafs. I've watched Nik since he came into the league, he was usually good for one major goal drought each year, aside from that he was fine or injured! And when he isn't scoring he is doing so many other things, I really can't imagine what that line would look like with three players who have no idea about the defensive end of the game.

Closed Thread