HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs Ice Girls, anyone?

View Poll Results: Do Avs need an official ice girl squad?
Yes 21 53.85%
No 18 46.15%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-01-2009, 01:29 AM
  #1
Egghead1999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
Avs Ice Girls, anyone?

First of all, they are not ice crews. Ice girls are "cheerleaders on figure skates and clean the ice around the nets and benches between TV timeouts. Fans will also have a chance to skate with the ice girls in some events.
I just find out that the Flames have introduced their ice girls tonight game. Do you want Avs to follow?
So here they are (steal from some sites)
Flames

Dallas

Egghead1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 01:30 AM
  #2
jaems
Registered User
 
jaems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
No thanks.

jaems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 01:31 AM
  #3
PeterTheGreat
Registered User
 
PeterTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,039
vCash: 500
Lets not distract Andy. He needs to focus.

(Im too lazy to find the pic of Andy staring at them, but Im sure someone will).

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 02:35 AM
  #4
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 3,933
vCash: 500
It would make it totally worth going to every single Avs game.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 02:45 AM
  #5
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,527
vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
Lets not distract Andy. He needs to focus.

(Im too lazy to find the pic of Andy staring at them, but Im sure someone will).



Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 04:32 AM
  #6
Hennessy
Blank Space
 
Hennessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Östersund, Sweden
Country: United States
Posts: 6,785
vCash: 1100
I think cheerleaders in general are a useless gimmick. My cynical side asks what sort of lonely desperation brings fans to the seats at the prospect of seeing some girls feign happiness for the team that pays them to wear a skirt and smile.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 07:06 AM
  #7
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,570
vCash: 50
Yes, because, ummm....it would help decrease unemployment. Yah, that's the ticket.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 08:02 AM
  #8
Mules
Waiting for hockey
 
Mules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
Lets not distract Andy. He needs to focus.

(Im too lazy to find the pic of Andy staring at them, but Im sure someone will).
Agreed. Especially if he has to see 40++ shots a night and our offense ( and defense) take a night off.

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 09:43 AM
  #9
Aerolanche
Registered User
 
Aerolanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,899
vCash: 500
Put it in as a bonus on Mr. Anderson's next contract.

__________________

http://www.aspechockey.com
Avalanche SPECulation, prospects and news.
Aerolanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 12:54 PM
  #10
Egghead1999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post


He looks so focused

Egghead1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 03:02 PM
  #11
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,318
vCash: 50
"Avs Ice Girls, anyone?"

Hi, yes, I'll take two.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 04:42 PM
  #12
shadow1
Registered User
 
shadow1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 11,296
vCash: 1210
Just no.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 04:56 PM
  #13
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns
 
WarriorOfGandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Country: Scotland
Posts: 13,588
vCash: 142
boobies

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 06:01 PM
  #14
Omz
 
Omz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
boobies

Omz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 06:05 PM
  #15
P0ckets
BB Pisses Genius
 
P0ckets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,735
vCash: 500
as a heterosexual male, I have absolutely no problem looking at attractive women in tight and/or minimal clothing, therefore I certainly would not oppose it

P0ckets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 08:01 PM
  #16
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,619
vCash: 4250
cant hurt. not that i'll be in denver any time soon. but hot chicks in skimpy clothing never hurt anyone.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 08:09 PM
  #17
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,527
vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
cant hurt. not that i'll be in denver any time soon. but hot chicks in skimpy clothing never hurt anyone.
Quite possibly the greatest post on HFBoards.

I say HELL YES!

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 08:19 PM
  #18
Foppa Frossa
Registered User
 
Foppa Frossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,430
vCash: 50
Ice girls are relevant to my interests.

Foppa Frossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 08:20 PM
  #19
chewey
dmitri
 
chewey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Near You!
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,837
vCash: 136
Only if they are asian.

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 08:30 PM
  #20
Adama0905
Registered User
 
Adama0905's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 9,148
vCash: 500
I said no to NEEDING one. I think it's meh, I would look and probably enjoy if we had one, but we don't need one. And if we did have one it'd be cool if the girls did more than just go out and clean the ice every once in a while. Talented skaters anyone? Bikini hockey anyone? C'mon, cool stuff.

Give us more interesting stuff to look at during the breaks than the occasional pee wee game that we get nowadays.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 08:43 PM
  #21
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,480
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
I said no to NEEDING one. I think it's meh, I would look and probably enjoy if we had one, but we don't need one. And if we did have one it'd be cool if the girls did more than just go out and clean the ice every once in a while. Talented skaters anyone? Bikini hockey anyone? C'mon, cool stuff.

Give us more interesting stuff to look at during the breaks than the occasional pee wee game that we get nowadays.
Why, dont you go all out and get strippers. I say no.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 08:44 PM
  #22
Foppa Frossa
Registered User
 
Foppa Frossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,430
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by svatos_the_great View Post
Why, dont you go all out and get strippers. I say no.
Find me some strippers on ice skates

Foppa Frossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 08:53 PM
  #23
Adama0905
Registered User
 
Adama0905's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 9,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by svatos_the_great View Post
Why, dont you go all out and get strippers. I say no.
Haha no I'm not saying strippers, for sure no. Talented skaters would be like, girls that can actually skate and they can perform dances on the ice that would be cool. Kinda like...form figure skating?

And bikini hockey was just a fun idea that'd be hot. But of course it couldn't happen because this is still a family show. But if they dressed in normal ice girl stuff and played hockey, that'd be cool too.

All I'm saying is we should have cooler intermission shows. I remember I went to a lacrosse game one time and they had like a crapton of mascots from all over the country just battling it out in a lacrosse game. That was awesome. Although I think it happens a lot for different sports. But it was still way awesome.

Not to mention it'd be a good time to actually make our mascot less uber lame. Because our mascot sucks, in case you didn't know.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 09:08 PM
  #24
Egghead1999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by en_snabb_svensk View Post
Find me some strippers on ice skates
I saw a stripper on rollerblade before. It was scary as hell when she was doing 360 at the pole

Egghead1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 09:24 PM
  #25
Egghead1999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
Haha no I'm not saying strippers, for sure no. Talented skaters would be like, girls that can actually skate and they can perform dances on the ice that would be cool. Kinda like...form figure skating?

And bikini hockey was just a fun idea that'd be hot. But of course it couldn't happen because this is still a family show. But if they dressed in normal ice girl stuff and played hockey, that'd be cool too.

All I'm saying is we should have cooler intermission shows. I remember I went to a lacrosse game one time and they had like a crapton of mascots from all over the country just battling it out in a lacrosse game. That was awesome. Although I think it happens a lot for different sports. But it was still way awesome.

Not to mention it'd be a good time to actually make our mascot less uber lame. Because our mascot sucks, in case you didn't know.
our mascot


Anyway, I think most of fans will be fine with this



but not this kind of ice girls



Last edited by Egghead1999: 11-02-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Egghead1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.