HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 6 Million Dollar Men not doing their job!/Theo's history as a money goaltender

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2004, 11:47 AM
plafleur10

vCash: 500
The 6 Million Dollar Men not doing their job!/Theo's history as a money goaltender

Each team has its highly paid superstars, who are expected to deliver the goods when the going gets rough.

Habs have two 6 Million dollar men, Theo and Kovalev, who have done strictly nothing. This is why Habs are down 0-2 at this point.

The 4.5 or 5-Million dollar Man Koivu is not doing anything either by the way.

In addition, nobody seems to have picked up that, on the OT winning goal, while Theo was embarrassingly weak, Bouillon backed up way too much and gave way too much ice to the shooter.

Finally, Theo's playoff abilities and his ability under pressure need to be questioned at this point.

At the World's 3-4 years ago, he was unbelievable throughout the tournament, then surrendered a late gift goal late in the championship game to give away the Gold (he tried to stop a weak shot that was going to miss the net and deflected it in with 2-3 minutes left in the game).

In the playoffs 2 years ago, he was weak to very average in the first 4 games against Boston, to then steal Game 5 by himself and then the momentum carried in Game 6 to eliminate Boston.

Versus Carolina, he did nothing special then collapsed with the rest of the team by giving 3 goals in the now infamous 3rd period of game 4, surrendering 3 goals and a 3-0 lead in the 3rd and then allowing a weak shot from the point to trickle in in OT.

Game 5 in Carolina was lost by a few goals and then Game 6 was his worst, he gave 6-7 goals early and was replaced by the one and only Stephane Fiset, until he was brought back with 2 minutes left for a curtain call in a classy move by his coach.

So, Mr. Theodore, time to give us some money goaltending to justify your salary!

The other guy really on the spot is Mr Koivu (Kovalev, we don't realy care, we know he is a goner by now), who has done nothing at all, not only in games 1 and 2, but in the last month of the season. For the first time, I see him not giving his 110%, often cheating on the Boards or on his backcheck and then catching bad hooking penalties, I am really disappointed and wondering if he is not in the process of buying his ticket out of Montreal...

Old
04-10-2004, 11:53 AM
Habs4Life

Wake up pal, theo has done a great job up till now.....

It's not his problem the team can't score more then 2 goals in one game...

How can you blame theo for the team not scoring???? You wake up!

Old
04-10-2004, 11:54 AM
chicpea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by plafleur10
Each team has its highly paid superstars
And each has its whining, bandwagonist fans who point fingers when things are tough. You'd make a great leader on a solitaire team.

Quote:
Finally, Theo's playoff abilities and his ability under pressure need to be questioned at this point.
Yes, this is sure to help the problem. Questioning your #1 in the middle of a series. That won't create any unwanted friction or tension around the team

Quote:
The other guy really on the spot is Mr Koivu ...I am really disappointed and wondering if he is not in the process of buying his ticket out of Montreal...
Yes, this is exactly what he's doing. It's been his plan all along. In fact, the comeback from chemo treatment was just an added flourish designed to gain sympathy from people and to twist the knife even further into our hearts.

Old
04-10-2004, 11:56 AM
furax

Send a message via ICQ to furax

If montreal wins yesterday im sure you'll be saying how Theo was good.... you can't judge a goalie on one game and neither on one goal...

Old
04-10-2004, 11:57 AM
Cariboux

Quote:
The other guy really on the spot is Mr Koivu (Kovalev, we don't realy care, we know he is a goner by now), who has done nothing at all, not only in games 1 and 2, but in the last month of the season. For the first time, I see him not giving his 110%, often cheating on the Boards or on his backcheck and then catching bad hooking penalties, I am really disappointed and wondering if he is not in the process of buying his ticket out of Montreal...
I have to say that I had the same impression than you when I was listening the game last night... I had the presentiment that he was playing his last moments with the habs... Don't jump on me if I've said that. The Koivu we see is not the same Koivu who was giving his 200% after the Ribeiro incident. I think that we will see a lot of changes by BG this summer

Old
04-10-2004, 12:02 PM
Traitor8

Koivu will still be a hab.

The playoffs are not over and I still believe the Habs can win in 6..the series all season long has been close when both teams are playing pretty well...We could of won the game in the 1st period last night..I think we should just work on our pp and we will be fine.

Now in the summer, Koivu will still be hab, the changes that will be made is out with the old vets and in with the kids..Higgins,Plekanec,Hossa,Perezhogin,Hainsey and Kastsitsyn will be looking for jobs in Montreal while Quintal,Juneau,Perreault,Dackell,Sundstrom might be looking for jobs elsewhere or might retire if they want too(first 2 I named.)

Old
04-10-2004, 12:05 PM
Canadienne

Well, that explains everything! Apparently while Boston are fielding a team of 23+ players, Montreal only has four! Koivu, Kovalev, Bouillon and Theodore! No wonder they're losing; you would think the NHL would do something about a situation like this - I think it's alittle bit unfair, don't you?

GO HABS GO

Old
04-10-2004, 12:31 PM
Zednikfan20

Yesterday was a BIG loss.

Yes, Theo let in a bad goal in O/T, but The Habs have scored 1 goal in 2 games (Brisebois got the goal )

The way Ward didn't cover Bergeron in O/T! He should SIT OUT next game
Maybe KOIVU should stay out of the penantly box

I still have faith...they have to win the next two.

GO HABS GO!!!

Old
04-10-2004, 12:34 PM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Versus Carolina, he did nothing special then collapsed with the rest of the team by giving 3 goals in the now infamous 3rd period of game 4, surrendering 3 goals and a 3-0 lead in the 3rd and then allowing a weak shot from the point to trickle in in OT.
Nothing special? Obviously you didnt' watch the series. Theo was unbeliveable for the first 3 2/3 games against Carolina. Carolina was putting 40+ shots a game against the Habs, and the Habs were winning.

The goaltending in that series was some of the best that I've ever seen. Ever.

Old
04-10-2004, 01:06 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zednikfan20
Yesterday was a BIG loss.

Maybe KOIVU should stay out of the penantly box

I still have faith...they have to win the next two.

GO HABS GO!!!
Koivu did NOT diserve any of those penalties. I hate to say it, but I wanna squeeze the SH** outta those damn refs.

Old
04-10-2004, 01:22 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisson11
Koivu did NOT diserve any of those penalties. I hate to say it, but I wanna squeeze the SH** outta those damn refs.
Koivu always have his stick way too high...At 30, he should have enough experience to avoid taking stupid penalties like that. This is what i hate about Koivu, when there is a problem, the captain use his stick

Old
04-10-2004, 01:22 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Koivu always have his stick way too high...At 30, he should have enough experience to avoid taking stupid penalties like that. This is what i hate about Koivu, when there is a problem, the captain use his stick

Except.. he didn't hit anyone with the stick. It shouldn't have been a penalty.

Old
04-10-2004, 02:06 PM
HABitude

5{1]Koivu always have his stick way too high...At 30, he should have enough experience to avoid taking stupid penalties like that. This is what i hate about Koivu, when there is a problem, the captain use his stick [/QUOTE]

I've said it many times: Koivu can't really skate anymore. He uses his stick to hook many times. Koivu is not fast enough (didn't have a single breakaway scoring chance in the last 5 years), not a great shooter, have short arms (can't really protect the puck) and he's not big enough for the big teams, big games (key season games and PO games).

Gainey should get a UFA center next summer. Someone serious (fast, big, good shooter, good leader, a real one).
I like better Rolston than Koivu. This says it all.

Old
04-10-2004, 02:19 PM
AlexandreTheNotSoGreat

Doesn't Theodore have a gold medal from the World Junior Championships?

Old
04-10-2004, 02:34 PM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadienne
Well, that explains everything! Apparently while Boston are fielding a team of 23+ players, Montreal only has four! Koivu, Kovalev, Bouillon and Theodore! No wonder they're losing; you would think the NHL would do something about a situation like this - I think it's alittle bit unfair, don't you?

GO HABS GO

:lol

Such a good point

Old
04-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Sir Habalot

Quote:
In addition, nobody seems to have picked up that, on the OT winning goal, while Theo was embarrassingly weak, Bouillon backed up way too much and gave way too much ice to the shooter.

Do you remember when Montreal played Toronto during the regular season? Bouillon deflected Sundin's shot and the puck went over Theo's shoulder. Bouillon was crucified for that play. Last night, he did what he is supposed to do - he let Theo have a clear view of the shot. That goal was 100% Theo's fault, but so what. We've all seen this a million times when a team is not allowing many shots on goal. A goalie gets cold, and looses his intensity level. If Theo had faced 30 shots up to that point, it would have been a routine save. Is Theo payed the big bucks to make timely saves like this? Sure he is, and he would be the first guy to tell you the same thing. I say he should play the next game to have a chance to redeem himself.

Old
04-10-2004, 02:47 PM
jacklours

But why is that such a big deal, he made a mistake and that sucks, but SO WHAT. Just let go. Who never did a bad mistake in their lives?. I scored in my own net in OT, i missed an open net more than once in OT. Geez I even went as far as fighting a girl when I was 5 (I'm not so proud of that though, and I DIDN"T KNOW AT THE TIME SHE WAS A GRIL!!!!!!). In the end, it probably was better for me as I learned more, and well, now it's a funny story that comes out every time my friends are drunk. It's disapointing, but just get over it and get excited for next game. I still enjoyed last game even though Theo let a bad goal in. Hey, next game is gonna be even better, just enjoy it like I will.

Phil

Old
04-10-2004, 02:48 PM
Raider917

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboux
I have to say that I had the same impression than you when I was listening the game last night... I had the presentiment that he was playing his last moments with the habs... Don't jump on me if I've said that. The Koivu we see is not the same Koivu who was giving his 200% after the Ribeiro incident. I think that we will see a lot of changes by BG this summer
trade koivu for a younger player with size. if ribiero could get a young player, i would prefer that but it isnt likely. koivu could get some young big talent and there are too many little guys on this team. i just want to get bigger.

Old
04-10-2004, 02:52 PM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
trade koivu for a younger player with size. if ribiero could get a young player, i would prefer that but it isnt likely. koivu could get some young big talent and there are too many little guys on this team. i just want to get bigger.
Trade Koivu .
This guy needs

Old
04-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
I've said it many times: Koivu can't really skate anymore. He uses his stick to hook many times. Koivu is not fast enough...
I'm I the only one to think this statement is a little crazy?

Old
04-10-2004, 04:05 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandreTheNotSoGreat
Doesn't Theodore have a gold medal from the World Junior Championships?
And the Junior league title the same year I believe. Pretty terrible, huh? Some people can find anything to "prove" their case. I should know, I play devil's advocate all the time around here! Time for another dose of :attn: :beatup:

Old
04-10-2004, 04:12 PM
Howie Morenz

That "Thud" you are hearing is everyone jumping off the bandwagon.

Old
04-10-2004, 04:41 PM
RE-HABS

Am I the only one here (I know there are some REAL FANS that agree with me) that has seen Montreal score 1 goal in 2 games and the blame is to fall on Theo?

Pathetic to think the 0-2 series is his fault.

No other player has been as consistant or as good as Theo, if it weren't for him the Habs wouldn't even be close, they need to help him out by getting some goals.

I really wonder sometimes if some of the posters here have any inkling of how hockey is played and if they understand the game at all.

The same people to bash are the fastest to praise, making themselves look like idiots and very unrealiable and crediable.

Our team as a whole has not played to there best ability, but when they win tomorrow I can't wait to see all of the bashers here jump back on the wagon.

I for one believe in this team and see us winning the next two because of Theo and because of the rest of the team pulling up their socks!

Old
04-10-2004, 04:56 PM
plafleur10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Am I the only one here (I know there are some REAL FANS that agree with me) that has seen Montreal score 1 goal in 2 games and the blame is to fall on Theo?

Pathetic to think the 0-2 series is his fault.

No other player has been as consistant or as good as Theo, if it weren't for him the Habs wouldn't even be close, they need to help him out by getting some goals.

I really wonder sometimes if some of the posters here have any inkling of how hockey is played and if they understand the game at all.

The same people to bash are the fastest to praise, making themselves look like idiots and very unrealiable and crediable.

Our team as a whole has not played to there best ability, but when they win tomorrow I can't wait to see all of the bashers here jump back on the wagon.

I for one believe in this team and see us winning the next two because of Theo and because of the rest of the team pulling up their socks!
Theo did not lose the first game, the entire team did.

The second one is Theo's fault 100%. This is the playoffs, in OT you do not get a second chance, you allow a softee on a pee-wee shot, you've costed one game.

Whether you like it or not.

Old
04-10-2004, 05:06 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
5{1]Koivu always have his stick way too high...At 30, he should have enough experience to avoid taking stupid penalties like that. This is what i hate about Koivu, when there is a problem, the captain use his stick
I've said it many times: Koivu can't really skate anymore. He uses his stick to hook many times. Koivu is not fast enough (didn't have a single breakaway scoring chance in the last 5 years), not a great shooter, have short arms (can't really protect the puck) and he's not big enough for the big teams, big games (key season games and PO games).

Gainey should get a UFA center next summer. Someone serious (fast, big, good shooter, good leader, a real one).
I like better Rolston than Koivu. This says it all. [/QUOTE]

Why do you blame only Koivu? True, has only one assist in the two games, which is mediocre. True, he took penalties, but the Bruins didn't score on any of the power plays he caused. But if Ribeiro also had at least one assist, preferably in the second game, the Canadiens wouldn't have needed overtime and the series would now be tied 1-1. Ribeiro doesn't even have one shot on goal, much less a point. The Bruins snuffed him out like a little candle. However, he is not the only dormant Hab. Many of them are to blame for the poor showing. By the way, Kovalev also has an assist.

Last edited by Corey: 04-10-2004 at 05:10 PM.
Closed Thread