HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quintal can't turn on his right side

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2004, 08:03 PM
jacklours

vCash: 500
Quintal can't turn on his right side

Hey guys, I need your opinion. Is it me or I noticed Quintal gets beaten on the outside often because he can't turn the right side, he has to turn on his left side even though he's beaten on his right side. It really pisses me off because that allowed the Bruins to score. And gave them good chances the game before. I mean, I learned to turn on both sides when I was Atom.

Old
04-11-2004, 08:43 PM
Somethings Habining

Time for Komiserik......................................... ........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-11-2004, 08:43 PM
Guig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklours
Hey guys, I need your opinion. Is it me or I noticed Quintal gets beaten on the outside often because he can't turn the right side, he has to turn on his left side even though he's beaten on his right side. It really pisses me off because that allowed the Bruins to score. And gave them good chances the game before. I mean, I learned to turn on both sides when I was Atom.
Well, Quintal have a lack of speed. But it was against one of the best skater of the NHL Brian Rolston. And, yes Quintal get beat but theo had to make that save.

Old
04-11-2004, 09:00 PM
jimnevets

Quintal is awful, I noticed it too
I have said it before and I will say it again, I have to close my eyes every time he touches the puck. Take him out and play Komisarek, how could that be worse?

Old
04-11-2004, 09:00 PM
Somethings Habining

Hockey 101.

Turn into the puck carrier and force him to the outside and deep, taking away the shooting angle. Speed wasn't Quintals nemisis it was his inability to transition bakwards to forwards to the correct side. Theo was again a defensive stalwart and has more points than Quintal, what more do you want?

Old
04-11-2004, 09:03 PM
EaGLE1

Many say that Hal Gill his slow but I would take him on my team any day. He's a brick wall!

Quintal sucks yeah...Last playoffs with the habs for sure!

Old
04-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
He can't turn on either side... That Rolston goal, he looked brutal.

Old
04-11-2004, 09:16 PM
jacklours

I agree, Theo has to make that save, but if Quintal turns on the right side, his stick is in the way, and Rolston never takes a shot. I play against much faster forward then me, but just turning the right side forces them to go around me and they rarely take a shot, let aside a good one.

Old
04-11-2004, 09:17 PM
rodmtl

Send a message via Yahoo to rodmtl
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklours

I TOTALLY agree with you! Even though I think Quintal is a strong, stable stay-at-home defensman (a good 6th defensman), I must agree he is having a hard time turning on either side! but I dont think he will ever improve that...
anyways. WE WON!!!!
go habs go! (KOVALEV!!!!)

Last edited by rodmtl: 04-11-2004 at 09:47 PM.
Old
04-11-2004, 09:17 PM
electric

Quintal's main value is pushing guys who get too close to Theo and getting in a fight when someone touches the Habs small players... but for the rest...

Old
04-11-2004, 09:37 PM
Howie Morenz

This all happens because in the neutral zone Q hesitates to go for the puck allowing Roulston to take it wide on him. Q turns to his left instead of his right. If he turns the proper way he can dive and attempt a stick check or at least impede the shot on goal. Turning the wrong way doesn't make much hockey sense.

Old
04-11-2004, 10:55 PM
RE-HABS

Poor Quintal can't turn to the right, maybe he should talk to Derek Zoolander who could't turn left! Even he eventually corrected his weakness. :lol

Seriously though why would you turn to the wrong side when a player is bursting down the boards? If he turns properly he keeps that player to the outside giving Theo an easier shot on net or forcing the player to either pass it or lose it in the defensive zone pressure.

Quintal is a liability and I for one would rather see Komisarek playing with Souray banging those Bruin forwards in our zone.

Old
04-11-2004, 11:55 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
He is probably able to turn left easier as habbit, and his brain told him to go that way

Old
04-12-2004, 12:04 AM
CHareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Poor Quintal can't turn to the right, maybe he should talk to Derek Zoolander who could't turn left! Even he eventually corrected his weakness. :lol
Good call, I was about to write pretty much the same thing. Maybe Quintal should attend the Zoolander School For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Want To Do Other Stuff, have an orgy with Marsha Brady, smoke some peyote, and perhaps then he will find his Magnum.

Old
04-12-2004, 01:25 AM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon
Good call, I was about to write pretty much the same thing. Maybe Quintal should attend the Zoolander School For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Want To Do Other Stuff, have an orgy with Marsha Brady, smoke some peyote, and perhaps then he will find his Magnum.
.....but can he remove his jockstrap without taking off the pants first??

Old
04-12-2004, 01:15 PM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan
.....but can he remove his jockstrap without taking off the pants first??
That sure requires a lot of skills. Unless for sure you need to tape you jockstrap like me, in thsi case you just remove the tape and your set

Closed Thread