HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Ribeiro's "Performance"

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2004, 10:05 PM
WuRtZLeSs

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs
Ribeiro's "Performance"

You knew this thread was coming

Anyone see Ribeiro's tasteless performance at the end of the Habs/Bruins game? Sheesh ..

Pretty classless, he clearly wasn't hurt and decided he'd much rather writhe around on the ice as opposed to finish off the game.. at least that's my take on it. If he was/is actually hurt, I completely apologize - but it didn't look like he was roughed up much at all.

Anyone else see it or have a different take on it?

Old
04-11-2004, 10:12 PM
incawg

The habs are my second favorite team but that was gross. Have a little respect for the game Ribeiro.

Old
04-11-2004, 10:14 PM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

I've never been a big Ribeiro fan and that pathetic display certainly didn't help my view of him.

Old
04-11-2004, 10:20 PM

Send a message via MSN to 2112
I can't say what happened myself but it looked like he caught or pinched a nerve in his right shoulder / arm. I've had that happen to me a couple times and it feels like you've been shot...you feel hot and burning for a couple minutes but it goes away.

Still, it was unclassy of Ribeiro to laugh and the post game interviews he had a bit of a smirk...that was tasteless.

Old
04-11-2004, 10:21 PM
Cariboux

I think he has just his blow cut, in good french, but he exaggerate. It was a good play for the them cuz the bruins had injury Begin and face-stick Rivet on the same play... Fraser

Old
04-11-2004, 10:25 PM
Ol' Dirty Chinaman*

I think he was just winded ... although everytime I've been winded I don't writh ...

Old
04-11-2004, 10:28 PM
ZombieMatt

Disgraceful.

I have no problem with someone diving...its a problem, but not that huge of a deal.

I DON'T like it when a guy plays like he's giving birth and then LAUGHS ABOUT IT.

Old
04-11-2004, 10:32 PM
LadyByngJeanRatelle

Disgusting. Ribiero's a total embarrassment to the game and he'll hopefully get his.

Old
04-11-2004, 10:33 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyByngJeanRatelle
Disgusting. Ribiero's a total embarrassment to the game and he'll hopefully get his.

Old
04-11-2004, 10:36 PM
RyanWhite53

Send a message via MSN to RyanWhite53
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyByngJeanRatelle

...and this is how "Bertuzzi Incidents" start.

Old
04-11-2004, 10:43 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by The~Franchise
...and this is how "Bertuzzi Incidents" start.
I hate to say it, but you're right.
...and I don't really see the need to make a big story for that. That was classless acting from Ribeiro, but he'll learn from it rather quickly on Thursday in Game #4. It's not like he almost killed someone like the Bertuzzi incident.

There's so much to talk about in playoff time and hockey is so exciting at that time of the year, don't you people have any other things to talk about?

Old
04-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuRtZLeSs
You knew this thread was coming
Oh yeah I knew...

I don't know. He said in the post-game interview he couldn't feel his neck and shoulder. They talked about a pinched nerve. And every Hab fan knows he's a whimp. But Ribeiro has also always been known as a little arogant bum that has confidence in his flashy offensive abilities and likes to show off as much as he can and play/fake on the ice to get some penalities.

I would like to give him the benefice of the doubt but he's been known to lie half-dead on the ice before to get back up all smiley in a hurry. Plus the taunting of the B's bench... Only thing that can come up of this is either he gets roughed up the rest of the series or he just motivates the Bruins even more, which isn't really helping his team. Bad move from him. He needs to get straighten out, and maybe he'll get the lesson he needs the hard way next time.

Old
04-11-2004, 10:45 PM
DeVFaN

Send a message via AIM to DeVFaN
I remember this guy lying on the ice pretending to be injured against the Devils until he got a penalty called. Ribiero is a disgrace to the game. Is this something he does often?

Old
04-11-2004, 10:52 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

That was an embarrassing display by Ribeiro. Nothing more, nothing less. I'd seriously consider dressing Perreault in his place for game 4. By going down like that he potentially gave the Bruins an odd man advantage in the Habs zone and could have cost them the game if the whistle hadn't been blown.

Old
04-11-2004, 11:21 PM
JRoc

I'm sure Fraser was pretty impressed when he got up with the smirk on his face.......

Not a good idea to embarass the reffs.

Old
04-11-2004, 11:28 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRoc
Not a good idea to embarass the reffs.
That's true. However Fraser has shown once more tonight he didn't need anybody to embarass himself.

Old
04-11-2004, 11:39 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
That's true. However Fraser has shown once more tonight he didn't need anybody to embarass himself.
Problem with guys like Fraser is that they are so into themselves or their hair in Kerry case, that being a complete joke to NHL, hell, hockey officiating in general, doesn't embarass them. You can't be embarrased if you have no humility or respect for the game.

Old
04-11-2004, 11:45 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

What happens when a guy is really hurt seriously. Ribiero's wolf cry might keep the play going longer and put someone with a real injury at risk. What a little *******.

Old
04-11-2004, 11:49 PM
BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Problem with guys like Fraser is that they are so into themselves or their hair in Kerry case, that being a complete joke to NHL, hell, hockey officiating in general, doesn't embarass them. You can't be embarrased if you have no humility or respect for the game.
I think Fraser spends most of the game looking in a mirror making sure that his hair is perfect than watching what is happening on the ice. For Ribeiro. Wow, this is gunna come back and haunt him, weither it be next game or years down the road. Either the Bruins are going to be hitting him like crazy, or he is gunna get hurt legitematly one game and doing the smae thing, but a ref is gunna think he is acting again, when he might have a legit injury. His performance was stupid and classless. I am sure his team isn't too impressed

Old
04-12-2004, 12:03 AM
OneMoreAstronaut
Reduce chainsaw size

vCash: 50
I knew it was ******** immediately. Absolutely pathetic display of unsportsmanlike conduct. I hope he gets what's coming to him too, but in the form of elimination from the playoffs.

Old
04-12-2004, 12:18 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

What if the Bruins had scored while he's rolling around faking an injury. He wouldn't have been laughing his head off on the bench then, would he.

An embarrassing play to watch, a stupid play, a play that could have burned his team, I can't imagine what the hell he was thinking pulling a stunt like that in the final seconds of an absolute must-win game.

Old
04-12-2004, 12:25 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
What pissed me off was he did that hand motion to the Bruins bench like he wanted to fight. "Ok, ill roll around on the ice for 5 minutes, squeal like a little girl, have the trainers come assist me because im so hurt, but when I get up its fight night at the Bell Centre." What a class act.

Last edited by two out of three*: 04-12-2004 at 12:30 AM.
Old
04-12-2004, 12:25 AM
trenton1
Paille Good

I hope that every NHL player with a soul gets to see that act and lets Ribeiro know about it verbally or with a hit that makes him really feel pain. What a disgrace to the game.

Old
04-12-2004, 12:39 AM
AlexandreTheNotSoGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1
I hope that every NHL player with a soul gets to see that act and lets Ribeiro know about it verbally or with a hit that makes him really feel pain. What a disgrace to the game.
It wasn't very classy on his part and he shouldn't have done it, but you need to get a grip on your emotions. Anyone hoping he gets hurt is even more class-less.

Old
04-12-2004, 12:58 AM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandreTheNotSoGreat
It wasn't very classy on his part and he shouldn't have done it, but you need to get a grip on your emotions. Anyone hoping he gets hurt is even more class-less.
I want him to feel the pain of some good hard hits. I didn't say I wanted him incapicitated right there. There is nothing classless about that. Is there?

Closed Thread