HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Ribeiro's "Performance"

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2004, 02:05 PM
Kovalev Is A Hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
That smirk and ego of his will get him nowhere. He thinks that because he led the Habs in points, he's an elite player in the league? let's get serious. He needs to be reminded that he isn't doing **** in these playoffs. He'd be lukcy to get airtime on Bret Lindros' NHL Be a player.
Actually Ribeiro has been playing quite well in the playoffs, he's gritty, and very very creative with the puck, which really helps his great playmaking abilities.

Ribeiro is a pimp, nuff said, he did this out of desperation so his team could win.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
That smirk and ego of his will get him nowhere. He thinks that because he led the Habs in points, he's an elite player in the league? let's get serious. He needs to be reminded that he isn't doing **** in these playoffs. He'd be lukcy to get airtime on Bret Lindros' NHL Be a player.
Your commentary in this thread is a little strange. It seems off-topic for the most part.

Ribeiro had a miserable Game One, as did everyone in a Montreal jersey. Game Two he was alright, Game Three he was very good. On the whole he hasn't played poorly.

And Ribeiro doesn't need to be reminded of anything. He doesn't act like he's an elite player. He acts like a junior player who's a hot dog and excited to be in the playoffs. He does need to mature, but he's always been a showboater like this. He's calmed down a bit, but his hot dogging has little to do with his NHL success IMO.

Not that this has anything to do with this thread, mind you.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Cayouche5

vCash: 587
Well maybe he was really hurt.
Ribeiro and Begin did not pratice today.
Begin hurt his knee on McGillis at the end and Ribeiro his neck also at the end. Both injury would not be if ******* Fraser had call the stick in the face on rivet.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Mike8

BTW, for those thinking he faked it...

Ribeiro wasn't in practice today and is questionable for tomorrow night's game.

But let's give him an Emmy. He couldn't really be hurt.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:38 PM
RichardZednik#20

would be interrested to know if axelsson practice this morning .

Old
04-12-2004, 03:39 PM
BoatMan

Montreal has clearly established themselves as the "bad guy" of this series. We all know what happens now. (Here's a hint: they'll lose the series)

Old
04-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Steve L*

I dont think its the fact that he was rolling around that pisses people off. It was the laughing at the Bruins bench and the "bring it on" gesture after he got up that did it.

If I was a Bruin, Id go out of my way to punish him as much as I can, not a good or intelligent move by Ribeiro.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:42 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello!!!goodbye
Montreal has clearly established themselves as the "bad guy" of this series. We all know what happens now. (Here's a hint: they'll lose the series)
Hopefully the habs win the series

Old
04-12-2004, 04:06 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardZednik#20
would be interrested to know if axelsson practice this morning .

why would it be interesting?

Old
04-12-2004, 04:50 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan
why would it be interesting?

Oh, you didn't see his 'miracle' recovery last night. Must have been holy water in the water bottles last night.

Oh but I forgot, the Bruins play good tough hockey and don't resort to that type of crap :lol

Old
04-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Interesting that Ribs "dive" is getting so much attention, but McGillis' knee job on Begin and the guy who cut Rivet with a high stick, merit narry a peep. Oh I forgot, it was the Bruins who were the perpetrators, so it must have been good, clean tough hockey :lol

Old
04-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuRtZLeSs
You knew this thread was coming

Anyone see Ribeiro's tasteless performance at the end of the Habs/Bruins game? Sheesh ..

Pretty classless, he clearly wasn't hurt and decided he'd much rather writhe around on the ice as opposed to finish off the game.. at least that's my take on it. If he was/is actually hurt, I completely apologize - but it didn't look like he was roughed up much at all.

Anyone else see it or have a different take on it?
I heard it was a seperated shoulder and the trainer had to put it back in place...Seperated shoulders are very painfull, had one when I was 17. Once it is back in place the pain is not as bad so maybe tthat's what it was.

Old
04-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan
I heard it was a seperated shoulder and the trainer had to put it back in place...Seperated shoulders are very painfull, had one when I was 17. Once it is back in place the pain is not as bad so maybe tthat's what it was.
I heard pinched nerve. I don't recall seeing the trainer putting his shoulder back in place.

I once had a separtated shoulder as well and a buddy put it back in place. But in my case the reason I didn't feel pain was because I was wasted. The shoulder has never been quite right though.

Old
04-12-2004, 05:11 PM
Rahan

repost from what I just wrote on the habs board:

lol I don't get how people on this thread can be seriously thinking that way. calling Ribeiro a "gutless puke" because he thought he was injured. What's wrong with our society?

You know who the gutless pukes are? People insulting Ribeiro and making a case of it. You don't know why he was laughing afterwards, you don't know if it really hurt since you weren't in his body at that time. Hey, I'll find it funny the day you get in an accident, don't go to the hospital because you're afraid you'll get called names because you don't look really hurt and could be called, let's say, a wuss, and die from an injury you got in that accident. I don't think people would call you a "gutless puke" if you think you're hurt and go for a checkup, so why do you do this to an athlete that thought he was really hurt - in that case Ribeiro?

Why don't you get into people's shoes before insulting their acting? Oh, because you're just so fast thinking you're better than them.

Last edited by Rahan: 04-12-2004 at 05:31 PM.
Old
04-12-2004, 05:11 PM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
I heard pinched nerve. I don't recall seeing the trainer putting his shoulder back in place.

I once had a separtated shoulder as well and a buddy put it back in place. But in my case the reason I didn't feel pain was because I was wasted. The shoulder has never been quite right though.
That's what happens when you listen to sports talk radio during the playoffs...nobody knows the truth.

Old
04-12-2004, 05:34 PM
Blackshad

RDS report that he missed a practice because of a neck injury

Old
04-12-2004, 05:39 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
I hate to say it, but you're right.
...and I don't really see the need to make a big story for that. That was classless acting from Ribeiro, but he'll learn from it rather quickly on Thursday in Game #4. It's not like he almost killed someone like the Bertuzzi incident.

There's so much to talk about in playoff time and hockey is so exciting at that time of the year, don't you people have any other things to talk about?
i hate to say it, but you're wrong. nothing led to the bertuzzi incident but bertuzzi doing what he did how he did it. bertuzzi could have done a hundred different things and have kept it within the *code*, but he didn't...

moore's hit on naslund led to him expecting/getting retribution/fighting, it did not lead to bertuzzi disrespecting the code of retribution the way he did

Old
04-12-2004, 05:42 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
repost from what I just wrote on the habs board:

lol I don't get how people on this thread can be seriously thinking that way. calling Ribeiro a "gutless puke" because he thought he was injured. What's wrong with our society?

You know who the gutless pukes are? People insulting Ribeiro and making a case of it. You don't know why he was laughing afterwards, you don't know if it really hurt since you weren't in his body at that time. Hey, I'll find it funny the day you get in an accident, don't go to the hospital because you're afraid you'll get called names because you don't look really hurt and could be called, let's say, a wuss, and die from an injury you got in that accident. I don't think people would call you a "gutless puke" if you think you're hurt and go for a checkup, so why do you do this to an athlete that thought he was really hurt - in that case Ribeiro?

Why don't you get into people's shoes before insulting their acting? Oh, because you're just so fast thinking you're better than them.
explain why the little runt has the balls to call on the boston team twice, when in reality ribeiro wouldn't stand a chance against their mascot. he is a gutless little puke, hell, even if he was really really hurt for those few seconds, atleast act like you're still sore going to bench, instead of acting like a little punk lipping off the other team's bench..

Old
04-12-2004, 05:55 PM
Hockeyfan02

If hes hurt thats fine, but even if he feels better after he gets off the ice there is no reason why he should be going over by the other teams bench and smirking. "We werent in his body" so what if we werent? Even if the trainer told a funny joke or the fans were doing something to make him laugh or whatever he shouldnt go by the Bruins bench and smirking and giving the Bruins any extra motivation. It was a stupid, stupid thing for him to do and it might give the Bruins extra motivation which is one of the top things coaches tell their players not to do in the postseason.

Old
04-12-2004, 06:00 PM
Takkie
I Goc ya nose!

i dont know about you guys, but if some guy was jawboning at me and calling me names, i'd mouth right back at him, and try my best to piss him off, which IMO is what ribeiro was doing. Honestly i just thought it was the usual smack-talking between benches

Old
04-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Eat It

Quote:
Interesting that Ribs "dive" is getting so much attention, but McGillis' knee job on Begin and the guy who cut Rivet with a high stick, merit narry a peep. Oh I forgot, it was the Bruins who were the perpetrators, so it must have been good, clean tough hockey :lol
That was an embarrassing display by Ribeiro. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old
04-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat It
That was an embarrassing display by Ribeiro. Nothing more, nothing less.
Agreed, if he did in fact fake it. That echoes my earlier post in this thread.

But the point is, McGillis took out Begin's knees and I have yet to hear an outcry. Why the silence?

Old
04-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Eat It

Quote:

But the point is, McGillis took out Begin's knees and I have yet to hear an outcry. Why the silence?
I'd think, if McGillis challenged Montreal's bench afterward, or smirked about it in a post game interview, we would be reading ALOT about it today.

I agreed with your earlier post so much that I just cut and pasted it above, sorry I didn't give credit where credit is due... Guess I'm a lousy theif.

Old
04-12-2004, 06:37 PM
X8oD

Quote:

because.......... crap like that happens all the time. If its suspension worthy he will be suspended. If its not, it just looks like you trying to change the subject off of people calling one your teams players a wuss onto another teams player, or Hijacking a thread.

Ribiero rolled around on the ice kicking and stomping and crying to stop a 3-2 the other way because HE lost control of the puck. When he got up he was smilling, and started taunting the bruins bench. That was the most gutless thing ive ever seen.

I recall when Darcy Tucker got shoved, he thru his stick in the air, thru his head back and just dropped. Best part was as he dropped, he still had momentum, so he did the dead man slide about 20 feet while being "out cold." Everybody knew he dove, after no penalty was called and he realized it, he got up and was Pissed. Still at least trying to see that he was hurt.

Ribiero was Smiling when he was on the ice after his tantrum like performance. And the first thing he did was smile and laugh, and taunt the bruins bench.

Old
04-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat It
I'd think, if McGillis challenged Montreal's bench afterward, or smirked about it in a post game interview, we would be reading ALOT about it today.

I agreed with your earlier post so much that I just cut and pasted it above, sorry I didn't give credit where credit is due... Guess I'm a lousy theif.
So it's okay to take out somebody's knees, so long as you don't challenge the bench and smirk about it?

Closed Thread