HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Looking for a shaft(problems)

Old
11-02-2009, 12:48 AM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

vCash: 500
Looking for a shaft(problems)

So Ive been using a Mission M-1 shaft which has preformed for me wonderfully over the years I've had it, and it got stepped on today, and theres a nice crack in it about midway up. The crack has altered the way it feels, and my shots were going all over the place after it happened (open roller hockey, not really a big deal).
The M-1 was my first shaft that I bought, and since buying it, I've tried others, but always came back to my Mission. I also really like Missions product, so anything protective, Ive also always went Mission.

That said, Im looking for a new shaft (85 flex), and this time around Id like to get something a little more "high-end", but here are my problems,
Bauer bought Mission, I don't have a problem going with Bauer, but I really dont like the "Double Concave" think they've got going on, I had one of them NBaluminum shafts that had it, and I hated it.
I really like the feel of the Mission Fuel Ti (especially the Matte one) (http://www.hockeymonkey.com/mission-...hannelid=FROOG) but I cant seem to find this in shaft form (except the one above, which is a pro-stock and only comes in 100 and 105 flex)
I would also go for a Mission Titanium but again like above, only comes in OPS.

Aside from Mission and the X:60 shaft, I was toying with the idea of the SE16, but I've head that these break alot. But Im no NHLer and while my shots are hard, I've never broken a stick till today.

If anyone knows where I can get a Mission Fuel-ti or a Titanium shaft in 85 flex, this problem would be solved, so let me know.

edit: oh, I should mention, Id like to go tapered this time around

Hobgoblin Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 01:55 AM
CanadaBacon

Mission is still producing sticks for this year and next, dont now after that.

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 02:06 AM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaBacon View Post
Mission is still producing sticks for this year and next, dont now after that.
yeah, but from the looks of it (google search) only ops.

actually, been searching pretty much all day, and maybe the V-Hex 2 (Mission) is what I'm looking for. Ive read some reviews, but nothing thats been anything that everybody says about every stick (best in the world!!1)

Last edited by Hobgoblin Steve: 11-02-2009 at 02:14 AM.
Old
11-02-2009, 02:11 AM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
yeah, but from the looks of it (google search) only ops.
Cut em

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 02:15 AM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaBacon View Post
Cut em
noooooooo

Old
11-02-2009, 11:07 AM
thedonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
So Ive been using a Mission M-1 shaft which has preformed for me wonderfully over the years I've had it, and it got stepped on today, and theres a nice crack in it about midway up. The crack has altered the way it feels, and my shots were going all over the place after it happened (open roller hockey, not really a big deal).
The M-1 was my first shaft that I bought, and since buying it, I've tried others, but always came back to my Mission. I also really like Missions product, so anything protective, Ive also always went Mission.

That said, Im looking for a new shaft (85 flex), and this time around Id like to get something a little more "high-end", but here are my problems,
Bauer bought Mission, I don't have a problem going with Bauer, but I really dont like the "Double Concave" think they've got going on, I had one of them NBaluminum shafts that had it, and I hated it.
I really like the feel of the Mission Fuel Ti (especially the Matte one) (http://www.hockeymonkey.com/mission-...hannelid=FROOG) but I cant seem to find this in shaft form (except the one above, which is a pro-stock and only comes in 100 and 105 flex)
I would also go for a Mission Titanium but again like above, only comes in OPS.

Aside from Mission and the X:60 shaft, I was toying with the idea of the SE16, but I've head that these break alot. But Im no NHLer and while my shots are hard, I've never broken a stick till today.

If anyone knows where I can get a Mission Fuel-ti or a Titanium shaft in 85 flex, this problem would be solved, so let me know.

edit: oh, I should mention, Id like to go tapered this time around
actually the se16 may be the perfect option for you. boxy shaft shape you prefer. and the breakage issues are mainly with the se16 blade not shaft. durability-wise, the se16 shafts are about as durable as any other out there today. the graphics/paint job does seem to get beat up and ragged looking pretty easily, but no problems with the shaft itself.

thedonger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonger View Post
actually the se16 may be the perfect option for you. boxy shaft shape you prefer. and the breakage issues are mainly with the se16 blade not shaft. durability-wise, the se16 shafts are about as durable as any other out there today. the graphics/paint job does seem to get beat up and ragged looking pretty easily, but no problems with the shaft itself.
as of now, I think its between the V-Hex 2 (mission 2 piece- but only will come with a blade, cant find a place that sells an 85 flex) and the SE16. Id love some serious reviews on the V-hex though.

Old
11-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'd look at Reebok 8k (rounded box), SE16 (box), X:60 (rounded box), and Dolomite (rounded box).

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote