HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Diversions?

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2004, 10:24 AM
HabsoluteFate

vCash: 500
Diversions?

Boston is obviously trying to find whatever they can to play "better"...all these diversions about Ribeiro's faking & the National Anthem.
Boston is trying to make something out of nothing...give Ribeiro benefit of the doubt, I for one have never seen him
fake before and I doubt he did in this case as well. Of course Boston is going to try to make something out of it...
anything to fire up the troops...its the playoffs after all!
One thing though...whether its a fake or not I dont think it was smart of Ribeiro to start laughing so soon after...you
very well know Boston's going to be gunning for him come Tuesday night because of that. But hey...if Boston gets a few stupid penalties i'm ok with that...especially if Montreal scores on the play.
As for the National Anthem thing...i think its just people booing Boston...not the Anthem itself. Although I'm one for
tradition they should just take away the Anthem...it would give a team like Boston less excuses.

Why is there no talk of how bad the referring was last night...? It was AWFULL. There was a good stretch where
Boston should have been penalised at least 4 times in a row but was never called...then Montreal was called...and then
later in the game montreal should have been called...personally i think thats crap...call the stupid penalties....
sometimes i think they do it on purpose! The only thing consistant about referees in the league is how inconsistant they are!

Old
04-12-2004, 10:31 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate
about Ribeiro's faking!
Axelsson anyone???

Old
04-12-2004, 10:45 AM
Aarex

Lol
"Why is there no talk of how bad the referring was last night"

What the heck are you talking about, theres like 3 threads going about how much we hate fraiser

Old
04-12-2004, 12:10 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate
Boston is obviously trying to find whatever they can to play "better"...all these diversions about Ribeiro's faking & the National Anthem.
That's not going to make the Habs skate any slower. Speed is why we've outplayed them so far this series (except for a period or two). When it comes to Habs-Bruins, the only way the Habs can lose is if they beat themselves by getting away from their system. They are tailor-made to beat the clunky, slow Bruins, and that's why I wanted to play them over any other Eastern Conference team. The odds are against us at this point, because of Theo and because of our shaky start, but so far, despite the 2-1 score in the series, we've been the better team.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:07 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

It is really sad that the day we have an incredible performance by Kovalev and a very good performance by the team, no merit was given to the team and Kovy and everything on 100 stupid people and a bad acting performance by Ribeiro. The problem with the Ribs incident is that he laughed on the bench, he should've just pretend like all the players do when they're at their bench and comeback right over but he's too bad of an actor or too stupid to do that.

That freakin' booing think pisses me off. It can't be political 'cause the Canadian Anthem was applauded as hell and people we're all signing along, I've never seen that here and we all know that we have as well an history for booing our own anthem you know the reasons why. We applauded our anthem to show support for the habs, we booed theirs to show that we were against them, it's still not correct but it's not political. If an anthem is political, then it shouldn't be played before an hockey game.

As far as being classless, I don't have any lesson to take from people that think that we shouldn't see a boob on TV but corpses being mutilated that's fine. And I'm not talking about that ''Blame it on Canada campaign'' that most americans find hilarious and all the problems we have with the relations with our beloved ''neighbour''.

This is hockey, this is a mix between hard fought play, nice action, bad referees that we like to criticize, and fans that sometimes are real important to the team but could be morons too because they're human.

In Boston, there's no morons in the stand, 'cause they're no one in the stands....

Let's get in on and talk about HOCKEY! (See, i did the same thing, wanted to talk about hockey and couldn't resist the temptation....blame it on me)

Go Kovy!
Go Habs!

Let's make it 2-2

Old
04-12-2004, 05:29 PM
jcpenny

Can't believe those Bruins fans. They got outplayed two games in row and still are cocky and overconfient. They lost yesterday and all i see is whinners: The fans, Ribeiro, the refs, calling the bruins in the night in their hotel. All their topics is almost everything except the game. We lost our first two games and we only had ourself to blame.

Old
04-12-2004, 05:36 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
Can't believe those Bruins fans. They got outplayed two games in row and still are cocky and overconfient. They lost yesterday and all i see is whinners: The fans, Ribeiro, the refs, calling the bruins in the night in their hotel. All their topics is almost everything except the game. We lost our first two games and we only had ourself to blame.
We're still very confident. The series IS 2-1. WORST case scenario, 2-2, game 5 in Boston. Nobody on the Bruins board is blaming anybone but the Bruins for that loss. They played like crap, and it showed. The deperate team won, and the desperate team needs to win again, unless this is a five game series.

The booing and the Ribeiro incident were no reason why we lost. They were however topics of conversation, disgust and debate.

Closed Thread