HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thread About Nothing (Part 32)

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Mr.Krinkle
Hello there children

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Seriously, that's just straight up stupid. I don't know anybody who drinks Bud Light by choice. And any girl who is that easily impressed, is way too easy.
Liquor store by my parent's house was selling 18 packs of Bud Light bottles for 12 dollars all summer. I happily drank the **** out of that too, it's not that bad in a bottle and if it's ice cold it goes down pretty easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post
Beer snobs are the worst.

Cold, wet, tastes like beer, good enough for me. Then again, I'm not too crazy about any of the American brewed beer that makes it's way over her.

Budweiser that is brewed in the UK is pretty awesome though.
Heh, I have a friend who is the exact opposite of a beer snob, he's a "PBR Snob" as in he honestly believes Pabst Blue Ribbon is the greatest beer on the face of the planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bojanglez View Post
When you're out you're. You look in my fridge, and I have all sorts of randome ales, lagers, porters, stouts. You look in my hand on Saturday night, its a bottle of Miller Lite.

I'll pay the extra $3 on a six pack... knowing it covers the cost of 6 beers. As opposed to the extra $2 per bottle when I'm out.

Except for Black and Tans... I routinely buy those.
What about at games or shows? When a plastic bottle of Bud or Miller is 7 or 8 bucks, I'll usually fork over the extra buck for a Bass, Stella or Guinness.

Old
11-02-2009, 10:56 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Something I cannot stand, a chick drinking a pint.

I'm not sexist or anything like that, I'm nice as pie, but seeing a tiny lass drinking a pint of grog just doesn't look right.

Old
11-02-2009, 10:58 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
What about at games or shows? When a plastic bottle of Bud or Miller is 7 or 8 bucks, I'll usually fork over the extra buck for a Bass, Stella or Guinness.
Oh god, plastic bottles of beer. Only place I have seen them is at St. Mary's (local footie statdium), they were absolutely awful. I, like you, coughed up the extra for a pint of 1664.

Old
11-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I think I mentioned to you, I usually go to games with my pops. He loves getting me drunk, so I get the goods with him. We usually get the Michelob Amber Bock... very good.

At shows... its usually still some ****** light beer.

Quote:

I'm not sexist or anything like that, I'm nice as pie, but seeing a tiny lass drinking a pint of grog just doesn't look right.
What's wrong with that? Most girls I know don't drink out of pint glasses. It actually makes me notice them

Old
11-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:

I'm the exact opposite. I love a girl who can handle her beer. Bartenders will tell you that a girl who drinks beer is usually the low maintenance, down to earth type.

Old
11-02-2009, 11:14 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
IWhat's wrong with that? Most girls I know don't drink out of pint glasses. It actually makes me notice them
Quote:
I'm the exact opposite. I love a girl who can handle her beer. Bartenders will tell you that a girl who drinks beer is usually the low maintenance, down to earth type.
Really can't explain this without going in-depth about British culture.

Maybe Feed a Stray Cat can back me up on this about British woman. I'm sure you might have an idea of where I am coming from too Saugus.

It's basically this. The pint is the classic Brit drink, as you know from our pubs that have made it across the world. It's symbolic of the working man and earning the right to enjoy his pint. It's a very masculine thing. I'll add that our pints are noticeably larger than the American pint.

Now, this isn't anti-feminist propaganda that I am spewing out. This is the general viewpoint of the majority of British men.

Like I said, hard to explain. Girl with bottle of beer = sexy, Girl with pint and *** in mouth = not sexy.

EDIT: f a g is filtered out, but it's our short name for cigarettes.

Old
11-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

I bought a samich before class because I have to straight to work afterwards. The dumb ***** dropped a wet pickle in the bag that promptly created a hole at the bottom. FML.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
11-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

fair enough Brot.

We (or me, at least) look at it as... this girl likes legitimate beer. Kind of like the hot, tomboy girl you know.

I see how its a British working man icon, and I see what you're saying. It's not quite as symbolic over here. We're used to seeing most girls with an aluminum bottle of Bud Light, or drinking a crappy mixed drink.

So to see a girl drinking a pint of New castle... its kind of like meeting a girl that likes good music or legitimately likes a sports team. You don't expect it. When the girl is cute, it adds a new dimension to her. She's cute AND likes dark ales. Nice!

Old
11-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Cowbell232

I had Chimay cheese for the first time the last night.

I'm a HUGE HUGE fan of Chimay ales. The cheese did not disappoint, and appropriately made the beer taste better. Those are some awesome monks.

Old
11-02-2009, 11:25 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
fair enough Brot.

We (or me, at least) look at it as... this girl likes legitimate beer. Kind of like the hot, tomboy girl you know.

I see how its a British working man icon, and I see what you're saying. It's not quite as symbolic over here. We're used to seeing most girls with an aluminum bottle of Bud Light, or drinking a crappy mixed drink.

So to see a girl drinking a pint of New castle... its kind of like meeting a girl that likes good music or legitimately likes a sports team. You don't expect it. When the girl is cute, it adds a new dimension to her. She's cute AND likes dark ales. Nice!
You need to see some of the mingbeasts that drink pints. There are exceptions to the rule of course, but the hottest girl slamming a pint of Newcastle would make me cringe.

The majority of hot girls still drink their fruity drinks though, all is not lost. I just hate seeing a stunning girl trying to prove something by necking pints and passing out.

Old
11-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Perhaps it's because we don't differentiate between the pint and beer in general. To me, a girl who drinks beer but is still obviously classy, is a girl I'd want to date. It signals that she is respectable, unpretentious, and genuine.

Old
11-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Cowbell232

See, the way I drink beer, I'd rather she drink from a glass (American pint) then from the bottle. I don't drink beer right from the bottle unless I have to or it's Guinness draught with the widget.

Old
11-02-2009, 11:30 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
Perhaps it's because we don't differentiate between the pint and beer in general. To me, a girl who drinks beer but is still obviously classy, is a girl I'd want to date. It signals that she is respectable, unpretentious, and genuine.
Yup, totally agree here. A hot girl with bottle of beer is hot. A hot girl sipping a pint of Carling looks nasty.

I used to asked my ex if she wanted a straw when she asked for a pint. I think it took her around 50mins/hour to drink one on average. Pointless.

Old
11-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
You need to see some of the mingbeasts that drink pints. There are exceptions to the rule of course, but the hottest girl slamming a pint of Newcastle would make me cringe.

The majority of hot girls still drink their fruity drinks though, all is not lost. I just hate seeing a stunning girl trying to prove something by necking pints and passing out.
that must be the difference. Plenty of girls do that over here (drink pints). I don't look at it as them trying to prove anything, at all.

A girl drinking a pint of New Castle... just likes New Castle.

Old
11-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Mr.Krinkle
Hello there children

Quote:
Really can't explain this without going in-depth about British culture.

Maybe Feed a Stray Cat can back me up on this about British woman. I'm sure you might have an idea of where I am coming from too Saugus.

It's basically this. The pint is the classic Brit drink, as you know from our pubs that have made it across the world. It's symbolic of the working man and earning the right to enjoy his pint. It's a very masculine thing. I'll add that our pints are noticeably larger than the American pint.
Now, this isn't anti-feminist propaganda that I am spewing out. This is the general viewpoint of the majority of British men.

Like I said, hard to explain. Girl with bottle of beer = sexy, Girl with pint and *** in mouth = not sexy.

EDIT: f a g is filtered out, but it's our short name for cigarettes.

Isn't a pint, well, a pint?

Old
11-02-2009, 11:33 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
that must be the difference. Plenty of girls do that over here (drink pints). I don't look at it as them trying to prove anything, at all.

A girl drinking a pint of New Castle... just likes New Castle.
I guess you just need to see it to believe.

Old
11-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I guess you just need to see it to believe.
I believe it... and I believe its more of a culture thing. Its not quite the same over here. A girl is more likely trying to "prove" something by drinking a specific type of beer. It doesn't matter if its bottle or glass.

A girl might drink Bass just to be cool. But whether she drinks it out of a bottle or glass is almost irrelevant. You're saying the drink itself isn't a big deal, but the bottle/glass is? Which I can understand, as I know glassware is more important in other countries.

I think its a cultural thing. I'm not doubting you. I'm actually enlightened.

Old
11-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:

Isn't a pint, well, a pint?
For shame, Krinkle. I thought you knew your beer history.

American pint = 16 fluid ounces. And even sometimes a "pint" of beer is 14 ounces... 12 oz + head. Unfortunately a pint of measure isn't always a pint of beer. Weird? Very.

Imperial (British) pint = 20 fluid ounces. Always. It's the law.

Old
11-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Mr.Krinkle
Hello there children

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
For shame, Krinkle. I thought you knew your beer history.

American pint = 16 fluid ounces. And even sometimes a "pint" of beer is 14 ounces... 12 oz + head. Unfortunately a pint of measure isn't always a pint of beer. Weird? Very.

Imperial (British) pint = 20 fluid ounces. Always. It's the law.
Well, I learned something today, thanks!

Very odd, what's the point of declaring a unit of measure if it's not uniform. Are your miles still 5,280 feet over there?

Old
11-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Foy

Quote:
Spanish fly has been used as an aphrodisiac since Roman times. It's not exactly safe though, it can cause kidney damage if you use too much. People will do crazy things for better sex.
you are corret sir. Spanish Fly is a semi-mythical liquid that allegedly is irresistable to women. The Costume was a Spanish soccer jersey, a pair of insect wings made out of aluminum and construction paper (ironically enough, my mother helped me with those), and a pair of swimming goggles that were given up on very early in the evening.

Old
11-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:

Very odd, what's the point of declaring a unit of measure if it's not uniform. Are your miles still 5,280 feet over there?
I hope that last bit was a joke....

It really has to do with being a dry and liquid measure. I don't think pints are a dry measure in the UK... but they can be in America. A dry American pint has 18.something ounces. The pint is all over the place. It's stupid.

I forget all the details, but the nutrition labeling ounce is different in American systems too. Like 33 1/3 per liter or something? It's horrible to figure out what a pint is.

Old
11-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

another them crooked vultures studio version is out

Old
11-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Foy

Quote:

The point of making it uniform and the law is that many pubs in England would make glasses that were in weird and sundry shapes in order to rip people off. They unified exactly what is meant by a "pint of beer" to eliminate that issue.

Old
11-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
The point of making it uniform and the law is that many pubs in England would make glasses that were in weird and sundry shapes in order to rip people off. They unified exactly what is meant by a "pint of beer" to eliminate that issue.
they even have a line on the glass... a little below the actual top (to leave room for the head). But the acutal liquid part needs to hit that.

Britain - drinking = seriez bizzness

Old
11-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
Bingo.

Quote:
they even have a line on the glass... a little below the actual top (to leave room for the head). But the acutal liquid part needs to hit that.

Britain - drinking = seriez bizzness
They don't do that anymore, AFAIK.

Closed Thread