HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jay Harrison, Lukas Kapar, Erik Christensen

Old
11-02-2009, 02:42 PM
TOG26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersguru View Post
Would it matter if he is in his 5th year pro right now and only played in 16 career NHL games?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=71292
Nope there is a total number of years from signing first pro contract or total Pro games played, which ever they reach first.

TOG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 02:54 PM
SomeDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
I would claim Christensen back, honestly.

750K makes him a low risk/high reward pickup. He's money on the shootouts.
Christensen is not NHL material. NHL talent, perhaps, but he'll never put it together. He shouldn't and probably won't get claimed and will be Euro bound after his contract his up.

SomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Dirk316

lol at any team to pick up Christensen, he is pretty much worthless as an NHL player. No heart, cannot finish, and as soft as a player can get. Good riddance

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 03:25 PM
AK

He isn't a very good player, but he has very good talent.

There's the possibility to catch lightning in a bottle.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 03:41 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrosfan16 View Post
You mean ECHL. If he is not claimed, the ducks don't have an AHL team this year.
They're sharing San Antonio with Phoenix. Belesky, Festerling, Bodie and some others playing in SA.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 03:45 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG26 View Post
Nope there is a total number of years from signing first pro contract or total Pro games played, which ever they reach first.
Correct. Scroll down about a 1/4 page and the chart is there:

http://www.nhlscap.com/waivers.htm

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 03:46 PM
clefty
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
He isn't a very good player, but he has very good talent.

There's the possibility to catch lightning in a bottle.
Even on the off chance that this happens, you're forgetting what made him redundant in the first place. He's a center. And when a position move was attempted, he couldn't get it done as a winger, indeed all he seemed to do want to be a center again. So what are we going to do with another center?

Right now we have Chris Bourque who is cheaper - indeed, probably better - and more importantly, does what Christensen can't.

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
They're sharing San Antonio with Phoenix. Belesky, Festerling, Bodie and some others playing in SA.
So San Antonio is taking in Ducks players this season? Just a side note completely irrelevant but why would they make the Sabres and Ducks share Portland in NHL 10 when in the real world the Ducks and Coyotes are sharing San Antonio?

Also, Canes fans - how's Harrison looked this season? Any thoughts of him getting picked up by someone?

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 04:00 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Ahh Kaspar. I doubt anyone plucks him off waivers, he's just not cut out for the NHL. No consistency and just not good enough at any one thing to give him big league value.

I mean, at least when Mike Morris busted as a Sharks 1st rounder it was because of injuries. Kaspar imploded simply because he couldn't hack it.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 04:21 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
Well, you guys do have Kessel coming back and he is pretty good at shootouts. Also- now I am not sure if they are or not- but shouldn't players like Hagman and Grabovski be good at shootouts?
Nah, they arn't the best. They both excel at beating defensemen 1 on 1, not goalies. That said, we most definitely do not need a one trick pony for shootouts. Kessel as you said is good at them, and Kaberle and Blake are decent. I think we'll be fine with Kessel and Kadri being our main shootout players next season.

iPunch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Freeptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
Even on the off chance that this happens, you're forgetting what made him redundant in the first place. He's a center. And when a position move was attempted, he couldn't get it done as a winger, indeed all he seemed to do want to be a center again. So what are we going to do with another center?

Right now we have Chris Bourque who is cheaper - indeed, probably better - and more importantly, does what Christensen can't.
Right now, the Pens are using Craig Adams as their third line center. And Chris Bourque hasn't exactly shown that he can get the puck in the net anymore than Christensen. This would be more of a short-term stopgap kind of deal: bring in Christensen while Malkin is out so that he can fill the third-line center role, and when Malkin comes back, Christensen can be waived if he can't get his game back together. It's basically a low-risk move.

Then again, I might just have a bit of a soft spot for the guy, since I remember wondering why Craig Patrick was giving Shane Endicott yet another chance to suck at being an NHL player instead of bringing up Christensen... (I really don't miss those days)

Freeptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 04:32 PM
parrosfan16

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Yes, but Phoenix still runs the show there, meaning most Ducks players there will not get the same amount of playing time that Phoenix prospects will (Which is why Mikkelson was sent to the Toronto Marlies instead of San Antonio).

parrosfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Lux Aurumque*

I can't believe that Atlanta got O'Dell for Christensen.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Madic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
Well, you guys do have Kessel coming back and he is pretty good at shootouts. Also- now I am not sure if they are or not- but shouldn't players like Hagman and Grabovski be good at shootouts?
Nonono, it's much better that we continue to put Stempniak in the shootout...despite the fact that he hasn't buried a breakaway in years.

Haggy and Grabovski aren't that great anyway, but our issues so far have been goaltending and Wilson being an idiot.

Madic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
So San Antonio is taking in Ducks players this season? Just a side note completely irrelevant but why would they make the Sabres and Ducks share Portland in NHL 10 when in the real world the Ducks and Coyotes are sharing San Antonio?
I guess because Portland was the Ducks AHL team until the end of the 07-08 season?

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 05:42 PM
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrosfan16 View Post
Yes, but Phoenix still runs the show there, meaning most Ducks players there will not get the same amount of playing time that Phoenix prospects will (Which is why Mikkelson was sent to the Toronto Marlies instead of San Antonio).
AHL teams are professional hockey teams - it's primarily a development league, but they're going to ice and coach the best team they can, regardless of who the prospects or young players belong to.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

NOT CRUSHER!

Coach John McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
For a second I thought that said "nut crusher".

11-02-2009, 07:42 PM
clefty
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeptop View Post
Right now, the Pens are using Craig Adams as their third line center.
Yeah, for how long? 2 weeks when Malkin comes back. Exactly. Dear Lord.

Quote:
And Chris Bourque hasn't exactly shown that he can get the puck in the net anymore than Christensen. This would be more of a short-term stopgap kind of deal: bring in Christensen while Malkin is out so that he can fill the third-line center role, and when Malkin comes back, Christensen can be waived if he can't get his game back together. It's basically a low-risk move.
That just makes zero sense. A waiver claim for two weeks work? Think about it for more than a nanosecond.

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 07:48 PM
ElsinoreBrewery

WOOHOO, OMGZ, This meens we can put Erick Kristiansin back playing on Sydnees wing!!11!!1

ElsinoreBrewery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Cliff O Malley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsinoreBrewery View Post
WOOHOO, OMGZ, This meens we can put Erick Kristiansin back playing on Sydnees wing!!11!!1
HA! Funny because that is what i was thinking. I still have a major man-crush on Crusher. And for the few games he was on 87's wing, he looked decent. IDK if I would rather have EC on the line, with his amazingly fast-but goalie chest seeking wrister, or would I rather stick with Old Man River (Billy geurin).

Cliff O Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 08:30 PM
ElsinoreBrewery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff O Malley View Post
HA! Funny because that is what i was thinking. I still have a major man-crush on Crusher. And for the few games he was on 87's wing, he looked decent. IDK if I would rather have EC on the line, with his amazingly fast-but goalie chest seeking wrister, or would I rather stick with Old Man River (Billy geurin).
Dude, I hear you, I still wish this was some sort of paralell universe where Crusher was a legit sniper instead of.... well...pillow soft Erik Christensen with his patented 12 second wind-up on a shinpad seeking scud missile. He can put it together if Ray Shero foots the bill for a Tony Robbins self help seminar and a Prozac regiment. EC's problem has always been NO CONFIDENCE, no swagger. His problems are in his head.

ElsinoreBrewery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

harrison eh? it seems like he was a good 5-6th D plug, did he really do that bad?

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Because the game was made before Anaheim decided where they were going to send their players.

Also, Portland has a lot of rookies this season so they were probably missing some players and they needed to add the Ducks' players to make a complete roster.

By the way, the Ducks players were sent to several teams

Manitoba
Matt McCue
Brian Salcido

Toronto
Brennan Evans
Brendan Mikkelson

San Antonio
Matt Beleskey
Mark Mitera
Troy Bodie
Ryan Donnally
Brett Festerling

Bakersfield ECHL
Dan Sexton
John De Gray
Justin Pogge
Timo Pielmeier
Shawn Weller
Maxime Macenauer
Eric Regan
Stu Bickel
MacGregor Sharp
Logan MacMillan

Far
J.P Levasseur Laredo CHL
Bobby Bolt Muskegon IHL

Booba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Because the game was made before Anaheim decided where they were going to send their players.

Also, Portland has a lot of rookies this season so they were probably missing some players and they needed to add the Ducks' players to make a complete roster.

By the way, the Ducks players were sent to several teams

Manitoba
Matt McCue
Brian Salcido

Toronto
Brennan Evans
Brendan Mikkelson

San Antonio
Matt Beleskey
Mark Mitera
Troy Bodie
Ryan Donnally
Brett Festerling

Bakersfield ECHL
Dan Sexton
John De Gray
Justin Pogge
Timo Pielmeier
Shawn Weller
Maxime Macenauer
Eric Regan
Stu Bickel
MacGregor Sharp
Logan MacMillan

Far
J.P Levasseur Laredo CHL
Bobby Bolt Muskegon IHL
Good point. Is Calder in the ECHL as well?

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote