HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Does Gainey need to make a move? (Trade Proposal Thread)

View Poll Results: You're Bob Gainey - what do you do?
Make that Lecavalier trade - sure it'll cost a lot, but he can lead us to glory 28 21.37%
Trade for Peter Mueller - he's started slowly, he's big, and he's got a good touch around the net 29 22.14%
Sign Shanahan - sure he's old, but he can still score and he can help our awful PP 4 3.05%
Go after Ryan Clowe - He's big and he scores goals 22 16.79%
Trade for Cam Barker - big defenceman who can shoot from the point and he's on a reasonable contract 48 36.64%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Forsead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viau View Post
You totally spot the guys I'd like to see in Montreal : Clowe, Backes or Ruutu.
add ladd and burrows and this is a good list of guy we need

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 09:18 PM
RE-HABS

I think we are fine at D. O'Byrne is coming back soon and I think we can all say Bergeron was an obvious panic move and Weber/Carle probably could have filled the void for some depth on D.

We really need size/skill in the top 6. I think AK is coming around and if we can add another gritty skilled guy in the mould of a Malone type of guy we have two solid lines that score, and then a really good 3rd unit in Metro/Moen/White and hopefully a 4th line in Lats/Lappy and Chip or Pyatt that can come on how they can too.

We need that top 6 winger.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Aznrx8

Maybe the problem was not bad drafting but bad development?
Now that we have Boucher who seems to have a system for the young to follow and some good support for them also. I don't know I'm just saying it might be that also.
Drafting is one thing developping them is another

Aznrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 10:07 PM
QuietReign

i say 2 kostitsyn bros for Horton

QuietReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 10:17 PM
PlayMistyForMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurisconsult View Post
i say 2 kostitsyn bros for Horton
I would go for it, but not sure why Florida would do such as trade. But we have seen more lopsided trades be made in the NHL...

PlayMistyForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 10:23 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMistyForMe View Post
I would go for it, but not sure why Florida would do such as trade. But we have seen more lopsided trades be made in the NHL...
horton's been playing like ass and i hear from the boards and fla fans that he plays a floaters game, uninspired and has been converted to wing...i don't really see him breaking out and remaining as a 50-60ish point winger however i guess he is putting up better numbers on the wing...BLAH i don't know what i am saying anymore hahah sleepy time soon

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
horton's been playing like ass and i hear from the boards and fla fans that he plays a floaters game, uninspired and has been converted to wing...i don't really see him breaking out and remaining as a 50-60ish point winger however i guess he is putting up better numbers on the wing...BLAH i don't know what i am saying anymore hahah sleepy time soon
Actually you're about a week behind. Horton has been playing on FLA's top line and been doing really well lately.

11-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Actually you're about a week behind. Horton has been playing on FLA's top line and been doing really well lately.
Still not a trade I'd come close to doing, not before giving the broz a chance to play together at least.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 01:13 AM
Ginu

I really think Gainey could steal Boyes from St. Louis right now. He's a very underrated player. Such a clutch scorer.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Ram*

Mega Proposal With Anaheim Ducks

Don't shoot the messenger...

Read this first: http://rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/285911.html

Let's pretend the habs are unofficially out of playoff race by the time markov returns, bob gainey is on the hot seat, price is playing horrible like he has for the past 1.5, his streak of 10 W-32L just keeps getting worse...and then Carey Price's parents ask his agents to trade their son closer to home. In the meantime, Hiller is ripping it in Anaheim, JSG is a no.2, he is pissed, wants to be traded.

Gainey has to pull the trigger. And he does a deal!

Carey Price is from vancouver, not too far from anaheim, just a few hours down south. A change of scenery would be appreciated. abs get a bonafide no.1, conn smythe trophy winner, plus hes quebecois too, a fierce netminder a la patrick roy

Of course, our biggest issue is size up front...

Gotta make the deal juicier...

price ends up in anaheim, being backup to hiller, potentially a no.1 if hiller walks away as ufa at end of season, less pressure, less media, closer to home, enjoying life in cali...

trade happens after markov returns from injury...

Price+BGL+Latendresse
+andrei kostitsyn+sergei kostitsyn+curtis sanford+hamrlik

total cap hit: 13.253 M

Giguere+Parros+Artyukhin++lupul+a top prospect (jake gardiner or peter holland)
+justin pogge+nick boynton

total cap hit: 13.531 M

Gionta-Gomez-Cammalleri
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Lupul
Artyukhin (the monster)-lapierre-D'agostini
Parros-Metropolit-Stewart

* white, stewart

markov-mara
spacek-gorges
boynton-obryne

*gill

halak
giguere

Think about it guys, I know the Price fans will bash me, but JS Giguere is a proven winner, not a goalie trying to establish himself into the NHL, habs getr lupul, a solid 25-30 goal scorer a year plus hes a type of players habs need, artyukhin dislocated tanguays shoulder last year and he can hit and will be a beast with lapierre..

Before posting stupid comments, think about it, take a walk, talk to your friends and then reply...

habs are addressing big issues in this deal

Ram* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:18 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

LOL

I thought the trade was bad before I even saw +andrei kostitsyn+sergei kostitsyn+curtis sanford+hamrlik

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:19 AM
snakeye

Where's Moen in all of this?

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:19 AM
33Roy33

Please stop these unrealistic proposals!

33Roy33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Ram*

you have to even out the cap, without hamrliks montser 5.5 M, cap wont work

Ram* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Kebekoi

Moen is the 3rd line winger. Where do you have him in your super proposal?

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Dark4ng3l

Seriously I was expecting something pretty crazy but that trade was worse than what I expected.

Dark4ng3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:22 AM
PunkinDrublic*

I sincerely can't see what else to add ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Most of the time, a proposal from a Habs fan will make the team better...this one...it's doing nothing for us! REally baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:28 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Giggy can be had for free.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:28 AM
nilan30

Gainey loves 14 player deals!

nilan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:29 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:

Let's pretend the habs are unofficially out of playoff race by the time markov returns, bob gainey is on the hot seat, price is playing horrible like he has for the past 1.5, his streak of 10 W-32L just keeps getting worse...and then Carey Price's parents ask his agents to trade their son closer to home. In the meantime, Hiller is ripping it in Anaheim, JSG is a no.2, he is pissed, wants to be traded.

Carey Price is from vancouver, not too far from anaheim, just a few hours down south. A change of scenery would be appreciated. abs get a bonafide no.1, conn smythe trophy winner, plus hes quebecois too, a fierce netminder a la patrick roy

price ends up in anaheim, being backup to hiller, potentially a no.1 if hiller walks away as ufa at end of season, less pressure, less media, closer to home, enjoying life in cali...

Price+BGL+Latendresse

Gionta-Gomez-Cammalleri

* white, stewart

markov-mara
spacek-gorges
boynton-obryne

*gill

halak
giguere

Think about it guys, I know the Price fans will bash me, but JS Giguere is a proven winner, not a goalie trying to establish himself into the NHL, habs getr lupul, a solid 25-30 goal scorer a year plus hes a type of players habs need, artyukhin dislocated tanguays shoulder last year and he can hit and will be a beast with lapierre..

Before posting stupid comments, think about it, take a walk, talk to your friends and then reply...

1. Anaheim IS far from Vancouver. Its probably like a 20 hour drive so I think he'll have to take the plane anyways

2. 15 player trades don't happen anymore

3. Gigučre is the no2 behind Hiller. Not only do they probably want to keep him to mentor their goalie of the future, they probably do not want ANOTHER goalie of the future since they already have one.

4. Gigučre isn't much better than Price, if he's better at all. I really wouldn't do that trade from a Habs POV.

This would be the Roy trade all over again, future franchise goalie traded for an average goalie and a bunch of average players. Lupul is nice but he's a dime a dozen player, same with Artyukin who is overrated (he's big!!111). Parros has a nice 'stache but is still a role player. Nick Boynton is a pretty average player and Pogge has no value whatsoever, the Leafs GAVE him away (granted they do that a lot).

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post

I sincerely can't see what else to add ?
You can do it!!!

It's fun, just add any player who you do not love on the Habs, for a player on the Ducks.

That's realistic? No?

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:30 AM
redmachine54

So if Montreal is out of the playoff race... they should trade away key pieces of their youth for aging veterans?

This deal makes no sense given the situation you provided. Teams out of the playoffs generally look to rebuild, not trade away important pieces of their future for veterans of little to no use to them.

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Habs_46

I'm not trying to be mean here.. but Holy Crap....

your proposal didn't make any sense when you starting saying that price has been sucking it up!... yes his record isn't good right now, but he has been playing well and gaining confidence...

and you want to trade a 21 year old potential elite goalie for Giguere (who let's face it.. is on the decline) a couple 3rd liners and an unproven D prospect... I don't think I would trade Price alone for that return. (and I'm not saying price is worth that much, I'm saying he's worth more to us then what we'll get for him).

If trading Price doesn't get us an ELITE PROVEN #1 CENTER then forget... he's more valuable to us on our roster.

Habs_46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:47 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post

Price+BGL+Latendresse

Gionta-Gomez-Cammalleri

* white, stewart

markov-mara
spacek-gorges
boynton-obryne

*gill

halak
giguere

So we give our #1 goalie, #2 defenceman and a bunch of young players for Anaheim's spare parts?? That's a great trade idea!! (if you're an Anaheim fan)

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote