HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Detroit-Montreal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-02-2009, 03:23 PM
  #1
Lapierre for captain
 
Lapierre for captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hamilton On,
Country: Canada
Posts: 297
vCash: 500
Detroit-Montreal

So Montreal needs a PWF that isnt scared of standing in front of the net so i was thinking of a UFA this summer...

To MTL- Thomas Holmstrom
To DET- Kostitsyn Brothers

Lapierre for captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 03:31 PM
  #2
T_Cage
VP of Awesome
 
T_Cage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,799
vCash: 500
This from a Habs fan? Sweet!..where do the Wings sign???

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 03:33 PM
  #3
Nicklas Lidstrom
Registered User
 
Nicklas Lidstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,363
vCash: 500
Uhh.. we'll take it.

Nicklas Lidstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 03:36 PM
  #4
sandman08
Registered User
 
sandman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hyderabad, India
Country: India
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 500
wow

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 03:46 PM
  #5
Feds on D
Registered User
 
Feds on D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Posts: 503
vCash: 500
Holmström will retire a Red Wing. Don't even bother.

Feds on D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 03:57 PM
  #6
BigHabs
#11
 
BigHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 500
Holmstrom isn't the same guy as in late 90's early 00's, He is a bit slower and worn down. He still does his job in front of the net just the round game is a little down.

Williams + Holmstrom

for

Kostitsyn Brothers could make sense. Williams could be a threat too he plays point on the PP for some games for the red wings. Something the Canadiens could use as a weapon with 4 fowards and a Dman on the PP.

Detroit does this as Holmstrom is either in his last year or one more year left if he resigns somewheres. But they get younger with the Kostitsyn Brothers and Detroit knows how to groom prospects and make then turn into gems, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Ericsson, Helm, Leino.

Kostitsyns could be those type of players easily with the proper grooming which Detroit can do.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 04:51 PM
  #7
schumway2
Registered User
 
schumway2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Cage View Post
This from a Habs fan? Sweet!..where do the Wings sign???
You joking? The habs get ripped off. Give two potentially great players for a guy that's almost at retirement.

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 05:03 PM
  #8
TheBrokenRib
Registered User
 
TheBrokenRib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
You joking? The habs get ripped off. Give two potentially great players for a guy that's almost at retirement.
A little excited aren't we?

TheBrokenRib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 05:19 PM
  #9
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The bushes
Country: United States
Posts: 8,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapierre for captain View Post
So Montreal needs a PWF that isnt scared of standing in front of the net so i was thinking of a UFA this summer...

To MTL- Thomas Holmstrom
To DET- Kostitsyn Brothers
It's Tomas, not Thomas.

Personally I would do that trade, but mgt. wouldn't. He'll retire a wing.

Also, he's not a PF, more of a PP specialist(damn good one).

Finally, the Wings can't afford to trade their leading goalscorer.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 05:32 PM
  #10
schumway2
Registered User
 
schumway2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
You joking? The habs get ripped off. Give two potentially great players for a guy that's almost at retirement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacto View Post
A little excited aren't we?
A little too quick a reader aren't we?

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 05:39 PM
  #11
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,529
vCash: 500
Tomas Holmstrom will retire a Red Wing. Any proposal with him included is never going to happen.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 05:43 PM
  #12
TheBrokenRib
Registered User
 
TheBrokenRib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
A little too quick a reader aren't we?
They aren't potentially GREAT players. They aren't going to score 50 goals and get 100 points. They have potential to be GOOD players.

TheBrokenRib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 05:52 PM
  #13
Hades
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacto View Post
They aren't potentially GREAT players. They aren't going to score 50 goals and get 100 points. They have potential to be GOOD players.
You're really whining over the word "great" or "good"? You know what he meant. Plus not everyone has the same definition of great/good player.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 06:02 PM
  #14
Fugu
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor506 View Post
Holmstrom isn't the same guy as in late 90's early 00's, He is a bit slower and worn down. He still does his job in front of the net just the round game is a little down.

Williams + Holmstrom

for

Kostitsyn Brothers could make sense. Williams could be a threat too he plays point on the PP for some games for the red wings. Something the Canadiens could use as a weapon with 4 fowards and a Dman on the PP.

Detroit does this as Holmstrom is either in his last year or one more year left if he resigns somewheres. But they get younger with the Kostitsyn Brothers and Detroit knows how to groom prospects and make then turn into gems, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Ericsson, Helm, Leino.

Kostitsyns could be those type of players easily with the proper grooming which Detroit can do.
They'd probably be at the airport after their first practice with Babcock.

  Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 09:34 PM
  #15
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus
 
Zubrus Coffee Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cobourg, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,387
vCash: 500
wow, you made a proposal that didn't involve plekanec... but you included the super mario bros.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 09:45 PM
  #16
Matt714*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Repentigny, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Matt714*
Tomas Holmström would be a HHOF candidate if goalie interference was a criteria, so no. Unless Halak is in the package.

Matt714* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 10:04 PM
  #17
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt714 View Post
Tomas Holmström would be a HHOF candidate if goalie interference was a criteria, so no. Unless Halak is in the package.
So Matt you want the brothers and Halak for Holmstrom ?



What more can i say ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 10:06 PM
  #18
AK
Registered User
 
AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 15,538
vCash: 500
Why is this "other"?

Not such a good deal for the Habs.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 11:05 PM
  #19
Lapierre for captain
 
Lapierre for captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hamilton On,
Country: Canada
Posts: 297
vCash: 500
Y isn't it a good deal for mtl? We have no one who stands in front of the net and pests the goalies like a holmstrom/Avery/Ott

Which is sumthing mtl needs is sumone to adgitate other goalies, and to protect gomez, Gionta we've tried Pactioretty & Latendresse there n they haven't been to good in that spot as of yet but with they're size they could learn slot from a vet... Like holmstrom which is why he'd be a good asset to aquire

Lapierre for captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 11:10 PM
  #20
peperebougon*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapierre for captain View Post
So Montreal needs a PWF that isnt scared of standing in front of the net so i was thinking of a UFA this summer...

To MTL- Thomas Holmstrom
To DET- Kostitsyn Brothers
Wow where's the K-Y???? The habs get bent big friggin time!

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 11:14 PM
  #21
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapierre for captain View Post
Y isn't it a good deal for mtl? We have no one who stands in front of the net and pests the goalies like a holmstrom/Avery/Ott

Which is sumthing mtl needs is sumone to adgitate other goalies, and to protect gomez, Gionta we've tried Pactioretty & Latendresse there n they haven't been to good in that spot as of yet but with they're size they could learn slot from a vet... Like holmstrom which is why he'd be a good asset to aquire
Because of age. Homer has alluded to retiring at the end of this season (although with as good a start as hes having, he might put that thought out of his had if the injuries stay to a minimum). This is only a good deal for Montreal if they're trying to win the cup, which they aren't. He would be the Habs leading goal scorer as of now, though.

But of course, moot point anyway. Homer won't be traded. If you ever had a guy like Homer on your team, you'd understand how friggin valuable the guy is. Hes a 25/25 guy, and on top of that, hes the reason for likely another dozen goals every season. If I had a penny for every time Mickey Redmond said "Homer did all the work, but he won't get an assist".....

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 12:57 AM
  #22
peperebougon*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
Because of age. Homer has alluded to retiring at the end of this season (although with as good a start as hes having, he might put that thought out of his had if the injuries stay to a minimum). This is only a good deal for Montreal if they're trying to win the cup, which they aren't. He would be the Habs leading goal scorer as of now, though.

But of course, moot point anyway. Homer won't be traded. If you ever had a guy like Homer on your team, you'd understand how friggin valuable the guy is. Hes a 25/25 guy, and on top of that, hes the reason for likely another dozen goals every season. If I had a penny for every time Mickey Redmond said "Homer did all the work, but he won't get an assist".....
I love Holmstrom realize what he brings but the price is too high... He's banged up and old, although very good still. Anyways, he gotta retire a wing...gave too much to the org not to.

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 11:33 AM
  #23
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bougon88 View Post
I love Holmstrom realize what he brings but the price is too high... He's banged up and old, although very good still. Anyways, he gotta retire a wing...gave too much to the org not to.
No argument there. And theres no question that he'll retire a Wing.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 12:38 PM
  #24
Marky9er
Registered User
 
Marky9er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Dominica
Posts: 5,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
So Matt you want the brothers and Halak for Holmstrom ?



What more can i say ?
I'm pretty sure he meant, we don't want the kost brothers at all. If there is anything Detroit would want, it would be halak. Of course as everyone else is saying, Holmstrom will retire a red wing....so there is really no basis for any kind of deal here.

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 04:34 PM
  #25
DaFranzenator
Registered User
 
DaFranzenator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ????
Country: United States
Posts: 2,512
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DaFranzenator
I love Homer and agree that theres no doubt he's gonna retire in a Wings jersey...... but if the Habs really made this proposal(no way in hell) I dont think you would have to think twice on pulling the trigger. Two young, very capable players with good upside for a a still good ey declining vet, no brainner in my book.

DaFranzenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.