Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Danish Playoffs

Old
03-01-2006, 03:26 PM
calgarylen13

vCash: 500
Danish Playoffs

So with the playoff picture now clear, who is going to be the champion?

I'm sticking with Åb, I think they've got the goods, and I was at the game against Rødovre last night and we clearly dominated.

Game One:
Ålborg 4-0 Rødovre
Nordsjælland 4-5 Fredrikshavn
Herning 5-0 Odense
Sønderjyske 4-1 Esbjerg

calgarylen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2006, 03:23 AM
calgarylen13

As not many people seem interested i'll post the semifinals when they start etc. But tonight Ålborg meet Rødovre again, its currently 2-1 with this game in Rødovre, we hope to steal it so we can take the win in Ålborg on thursday/friday

Fredrikshavn look well worth their money at this stage, leading Nordsjælland 2-1 in that series also. For those who remember him, Peter Hirsch looking as horrible as ever.

Odense pulled an upset in their showdown with heavyweights Herning, in what is an extremely high scoring series. also 2-1

Sønderjyske has been in a fairly one-sided series with Esbjerg, though the 2-1 match scoreline doesn't do justice to the better play of the Jyske.

Old
04-27-2006, 07:12 AM
The Imp

vCash: 50
The C man seems to have lost interest, himself.

Sønderjyske won the finals this year, beating out Ålborg (I think I just figured out why C lost interest...). The Sønderjyske roster promptly came apart, numerous players signing with Ålborg, of all teams.

Right now the camp for the Worlds is taking place. Kim Staal dislocated his shoulder about a week ago, and will be in tough to get ready for the tourney.

The Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2006, 02:26 AM
calgarylen13

Quote:
Originally Posted by petelars
The C man seems to have lost interest, himself.

Sønderjyske won the finals this year, beating out Ålborg (I think I just figured out why C lost interest...). The Sønderjyske roster promptly came apart, numerous players signing with Ålborg, of all teams.

Right now the camp for the Worlds is taking place. Kim Staal dislocated his shoulder about a week ago, and will be in tough to get ready for the tourney.
I haven't lost interest in Danish Hockey, just forgot all about this thread

Yep Sonderjyske won to my disappointment, but thye probably deserved it. I went to Game 5 which Aalborg won which was nice. I think next year we might have another good chance to come 2nd, heck it happens every year

Old
02-24-2012, 11:43 AM
PietB
Random User

6 years later, somebody necros the thread right in time for the start of the danish playoffs.

living in southern jutland, I think SønderjyskE will make it this year. What a surprise

PietB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Ace0813
Bleed Black & Gold

Send a message via AIM to Ace0813
Well. IDK who to root for! Haha.

Go Danes!

Ace0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:22 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Copenhagen Hockey!

TheFatOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 04:32 AM
Bank

yeay we have a thread for this?? Screw aab those whining SOB's...

This year(games):

Rodovre-AaB: 2-2
Herning-Esbjerg: 3-1
Soenderjyske-Herlev: 4-0(Jesper Duus has played his last game )
Odense-Frederikshavn: 4-0

Guys to watch out for:

Herning - Oliver Bjorkstrand(NHL draft '13) (4g, 1+1=2p)
Herning - Thomas Spelling(NHL draft '12) (4g 5+1=6p)
Herning - Patrick Bjorkstrand(Sweden-bound within a year or two?) (4g 0+2=2p)
Roedovre - Mathias Bau(Sweden-bound within a year or two?) (4g 3+1=4p)
Roedovre - Simon Groenvaldt(Sweden next year?) (4g 1+1=2p)
Frederikshavn - Steffen Klarskov(Sweden-bound within a year or two?) (4g 1+1=2p)
AaB - Lasse Jul Korsgaard(18 year rookie... boom? bust? who knows?)(4g 1+1=2p)

There's some beef in the Roedovre-AaB-series. AaB complains that Roedovre is playing to hurt them. Roedovre is saying they're just playing PO-hockey and that Aab is trying to influence the ref's.

Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:19 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

TV2 Sport broadcastning danish league? "Hockeyugen" is a hockey program?

Old
03-03-2012, 11:28 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

http://tv2sport.dk/node/53802

Old
03-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

My GF here in Toronto was born and raised in Aarhus.

How is their hockey team? Division 2?

PS... I've fallen in love with Denmark.

Four1 Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 01:35 PM
andersej

Aarhus are in the second tier league (1st division). Various attempts have been made to put together a team that could play in the Elite League, but to no avail. Both Aarhus and Copenhagen proper are black spots on the Danish hockey map.

This could be the biggest problem for Danish hockey IMHO. In the communities with elite teams, hockey is an engrained part of the culture, and in some places bigger than soccer in that community. But, in too many places around the country, hockey doesn't register at all...

andersej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:01 AM
PietB
Random User

Now we're down to SønerjyskE, Herning, Odense and Aalborg.

Do you guys think SønderjyskE can turn it around, being down 2-0? Stranger things have happened, just remember the Bruins trailing 0-2 in playoff series twice last summer.

Based on my location, I've seen them play a couple of times, and I'm almost always coming down to the same issue with their playing: They make the opponents goalies look like super stars. Too many shots, too little production. I especially remember a game this autumn vs. Esbjerg, outshooting them 60-21 but losing 1-2 on home turf, as the shiniest example. If they can turn than around, they might still have a chance. Both games this semi finals were pretty close.

As for Odense-Aalborg, I'm hopping on the Aalborg bandwagon, despite them being down 0-1.

Old
03-26-2012, 08:16 AM
Bank

Easy to say with hindsight and all but...

I never had much faith in AaB vs. Odense. I'm may not as surpriced to see Herning move on but 4-1 in games. WHAT. THE. F to the U to the CK.

Soenderjyske now has a huge problem IMO. Two years in a row without participating in the final. With their budget that's a huge dissapointment.

Old
03-26-2012, 09:55 AM
PietB
Random User

Yeah, losing that series by such a big margin is a big disappointment. Not only because of their budget, but also considering how they dominated the regular season. I never got, why SønderjyskE chose to play Herning over AaB anyway. To me, Herning always sounded like a tough pick, I saw SønderjyskE play some games vs. AaB though, in which they did pretty well, except in the semis for the danish cup. AaB would probably have been a much more favorable matchup for SønderjyskE, imo.

Last edited by PietB: 03-26-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old
03-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Bank

I saw alot of Aab in the series against Rodovre and their current team don't hold alot of strings to play on. And their sense of reality is wack, so tactical adjustments always came to late. Didn't look PO-ready to me. Lucky for them they were up against a Rodovre-team with a poor game-plan and bad disciplin.

I'm looking forward to Herning-Odense. Herning were my dark horse pick for the title before the PO. Now they are my sure bet. But you never know where you got Odense. Could go out with a bang, could drag the series to a game seven, and then anything can happen.

It's been a good PO this year actually.

People to look for:

Thomas Spelling could very well end up being drafted as a overager this year. He's got a okay frame, okay hockey sence and a nice shot, so if anybody wanna take shot at Nicklas Jensens old line-mate....

PO-stats:
10 games, 6+3, 8 PIM

Oliver Bjorkstrand is a possible draft candidate next year. I've given up on his brother who might end up in Sweden at some point, but Oliver Bjorkstrand still has a shot at a NA-career. Again a sniper. Smaller frame but more speedy then Spelling.

PO-stats:
10 gamges, 1+1, 4 PIM

Morten Andreasen is fighting his way into the competition over WC-spots. He's the definition of gritty, a hard nose workhorse, that drives the net and finds some dirty goals. Calm personality though.

PO-stats:
8 games, 6+5, 8 PIM

Morten Smedegaard is a future profile in this league. Perhaps a team i Sweden will take interest along the way. Big kid(6'6" and 205 lbs). Hard working. Classical powerforward. Only 20 years old. His PIM speeks of who he play hard but fair.

PO-stat:
8 games, 3+3, 0 PIM