Notices

Message from a leaf fan

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2004, 12:21 AM
joepeps

vCash: 500
Message from a leaf fan

Wow then the nhl wonders why stupid incidences happen like the moore thing and other ****.......

Tell them to review the vancouver calgary series and see all the non calls that are happening to Iggy...

Highsticked, hit from behind...

I dunno seems like the nhl brings it upon themselves ?????

Old
04-12-2004, 12:38 AM
ArtG

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepeps
Wow then the nhl wonders why stupid incidences happen like the moore thing and other ****.......

Tell them to review the vancouver calgary series and see all the non calls that are happening to Iggy...

What about when Jovo was hit from behind last game? There was no call but I didn't see u come to the Canucks board and post something like that.. What about all the punishment Cloutier took?

Old
04-12-2004, 12:48 AM
hackey
You're Not Bored...

Oh yeah, and don't forget about that direct knee on knee hit on Jovo by smiley - Ville Niemenen? in the 3rd period. That was the one where Jovo just passed the puck and did a 360 because of the cheap hit. What did Niemenen get for that? Nothing.

Old
04-12-2004, 12:54 AM
Sutter Brother

vCash: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtG
What about all the punishment Cloutier took?
Cloutier hurt his knee pretty bad. He is probably gone for the series.
The downside to this is Hedberg plays the puck better than Cloutier.
re. Ohlund vs Iggy - Ohlund deserved every punch he got from Iggy.
That was boarding plain as day and no call? How did Conroy get injured?

Old
04-12-2004, 01:33 AM
puckwhore

words escape me. the only thing i can do is sit here and shake my head. a toronto fan weh-ing about cheap shots?

Old
04-12-2004, 02:43 AM
BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutter Brother
How did Conroy get injured?
prob know this already, but i will tell ya. Conroy got hit by the follow threw of Hedberg's stick as he was moving the puck.

Old
04-12-2004, 08:27 AM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtG
There was no call but I didn't see u come to the Canucks board and post something like that..
Yet you continue to infiltrate our board with abrasive posts.

Old
04-12-2004, 01:28 PM
ArtG

Thanks. I guess reading isn't one of your strongest skills.

I said, "What about when Jovo was hit from behind last game?"

By saying last game, I didn't mean the 3rd period of this game. It was an identical hit to the iginla/ohlund one except it was GOATier who delivered it. I'm just irritated that everyone is calling the Nucks a dirty team (people from Toronto no less) when it's just a hard-fought series.

Old
04-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Rotting Corpse*

Send a message via AIM to Rotting Corpse* Send a message via MSN to Rotting Corpse*
That's the problem with the NHL. Guys like Iginla, Thornton, and Bertuzzi are allowed to get abused all game long just because they are strong.

It's been a problem for far longer than this series.

Old
04-12-2004, 01:37 PM
flamesfan01800

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackey
Oh yeah, and don't forget about that direct knee on knee hit on Jovo by smiley - Ville Niemenen? in the 3rd period. That was the one where Jovo just passed the puck and did a 360 because of the cheap hit. What did Niemenen get for that? Nothing.

that wasnt a knee on knee jovo tried to leap out of the way and ville stuck his hip out and clipped his knee sending him into the air.

Old
04-12-2004, 01:38 PM
Backwash

But Iginla gets way more calls his way than Thorton or Bertuzzi evr do.

Old
04-12-2004, 02:22 PM
quat
intheDanRusseljungle

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Looked like a pretty blatant missed boarding call to me. Thing is, I thought there was a ref right there, so since they have been calling stuff like that pretty regularly (though there have been missed calls, I think that's because they didn't see them), I wonder if the ref may not have felt Iginla put himself in harms way on purpose? I suppose refs will do things like that. Either way, we don't need to see hits like those in hockey. I'm glad Iginla wasn't hurt, but concidering he doesn't necessarily shy away from the occassional boarderline hit, I don't feel all that sorry for him.

Old
04-12-2004, 03:03 PM
struckmatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
Yet you continue to infiltrate our board with abrasive posts.
And evman and FLAMESFAN haven't come near the Canuck board right?

Old
04-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepeps

Ya its just like playing the leafs

Old
04-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Flamin' Griz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackey
I think you mean butt on hip...it wasn't even close to knee on knee.

Old
04-12-2004, 08:36 PM
Snakeeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
prob know this already, but i will tell ya. Conroy got hit by the follow threw of Hedberg's stick as he was moving the puck.
While it was clearly accidental on Hedberg's part, I completely fail to understand why the referee did not give Hedberg a double minor for that. There is no possible way he could have missed it, because as the play went up the ice, he actually skated to Hedberg and motioned at him to keep the stick down.

Basically, one high stick in three is getting called. Sucks for Calgary, obstruction is our infraction of choice, while highsticking is Vancouvers. Yet it is only obstruction that is being cracked down on.

Old
04-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Edler Von Gud

Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye
While it was clearly accidental on Hedberg's part, I completely fail to understand why the referee did not give Hedberg a double minor for that. There is no possible way he could have missed it, because as the play went up the ice, he actually skated to Hedberg and motioned at him to keep the stick down.

Basically, one high stick in three is getting called. Sucks for Calgary, obstruction is our infraction of choice, while highsticking is Vancouvers. Yet it is only obstruction that is being cracked down on.
Read rule 61 from the NHL rulebook.

Quote:
A "high stick" is one which is carried above the height of the opponent's shoulders. A player is permitted accidental contact on an opponent if the act is committed as a normal windup or follow through of a shooting motion
The referee made the right call.

Old
04-12-2004, 11:56 PM
struckmatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov
Read rule 61 from the NHL rulebook.

The referee made the right call.
PWNED. :gman:

Old
04-13-2004, 02:52 AM
Bandwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwash
But Iginla gets way more calls his way than Thorton or Bertuzzi evr do.
Sorry, just wondering how you have come to this conclusion??? Iggy just doesn't wine about the non calls all the time like Thornton and Bertuzzi do. That doesn't mean he gets "way more calls." But I do find it sickening that the refs don't protect these guys, but I guess it'll never change. The non-calls on both Iggy and Jovonovsky being hit from behind are evidence to this point.

Old
04-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Snakeeye

You might want to post the entire rule rather than the tiny portion that seems to support your argument:

Quote:
Rule 61 High Sticks

A "high stick" is one which is carried above the height of the opponent's shoulders. A player is permitted accidental contact on an opponent if the act is committed as a normal windup or follow through of a shooting motion.

(a) Any contact made by a stick on an opponent above the shoulders is prohibited and a minor shall be imposed subject to section (b) of this Rule.

(b) When a player carries or holds any part of his stick above the shoulders of the opponent so that injury results, the Referee shall:

(i) Assess a double minor penalty for all contact that causes an injury, whether accidental or careless, in the opinion of the Referee.

(ii) Assess a match penalty to a player, who in the opinion of the Referee attempted to injure an opponent. (See Rule 43 - Attempt to Injure.)

(iii) Assess a match penalty to a player, who in the opinion of the Referee deliberately injured an opponent. (See Rule 52 - Deliberate Injury of Opponents.)
The rules make it quite clear that even accidental contact that causes an injury is a doubly minor penalty, at least.

What were you saying about "pwned"?

Old
04-13-2004, 01:59 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Deal with it Flamers, Gauthier nailed Jovanovski from behind into the boards more blatanlty than Ohlund did, and Jovo bounced right back up.

Old
04-13-2004, 03:01 PM
looooob

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
Deal with it Flamers, Gauthier nailed Jovanovski from behind into the boards more blatanlty than Ohlund did, and Jovo bounced right back up.
I'm just curious....are you even reading this thread? only one Flames fan on this entire thread has even refered to the Ohlund-Iginla incident....we are dealing with it. Ohlund hit Iginla. Iginla didn't like it, he threw a few punches. Game over. yeesh

Old
04-13-2004, 04:42 PM
Snakeeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob
I'm just curious....are you even reading this thread? only one Flames fan on this entire thread has even refered to the Ohlund-Iginla incident....we are dealing with it. Ohlund hit Iginla. Iginla didn't like it, he threw a few punches. Game over. yeesh
He didnt have anything intelligent to add, so fell back on an old argument that nobody was making. SOP.

Old
04-13-2004, 06:42 PM
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye
You might want to post the entire rule rather than the tiny portion that seems to support your argument:

The rules make it quite clear that even accidental contact that causes an injury is a doubly minor penalty, at least.

What were you saying about "pwned"?
Quote:
Rule 61 High Sticks

A "high stick" is one which is carried above the height of the opponent's shoulders. A player is permitted accidental contact on an opponent if the act is committed as a normal windup or follow through of a shooting motion.

(a) Any contact made by a stick on an opponent above the shoulders is prohibited and a minor shall be imposed subject to section (b) of this Rule.

(b) When a player carries or holds any part of his stick above the shoulders of the opponent so that injury results, the Referee shall:

(i) Assess a double minor penalty for all contact that causes an injury, whether accidental or careless, in the opinion of the Referee.

(ii) Assess a match penalty to a player, who in the opinion of the Referee attempted to injure an opponent. (See Rule 43 - Attempt to Injure.)

(iii) Assess a match penalty to a player, who in the opinion of the Referee deliberately injured an opponent. (See Rule 52 - Deliberate Injury of Opponents.)
In the opinion of the referee. It was the referee's opinion that there was no need for a call there.

Old
04-13-2004, 07:36 PM
Snakeeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
In the opinion of the referee. It was the referee's opinion that there was no need for a call there.
That only refers to whether the referee deems the contact accidental or careless. In other words, even if the official deems it accidental, if an injury results, the call must be made.

Unless, of course, it is game three of the playoffs.

Closed Thread