HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Steve Bégin Emotional Interview

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2009, 04:05 PM
  #1
Ram*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 144
vCash: 500
Steve Bégin Emotional Interview

Steve Bégin se confie de nouveau à RDS

http://rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/285524.html

Au cours de cet entretien, le combatif attaquant y va de révélations intéressantes sur ses derniers jours avec le Tricolore.

meaning: interesting revelations about his last days as a hab...

interesting, please post it afterwards, I cant catch rds now. its gonna be at 4 pm...

Ram* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:10 PM
  #2
benji
Took too much, man.
 
benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Too much.
Posts: 10,452
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to benji
RDS hyping up another of their ideological bash-fests of the Canadiens. What a surprise.

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:11 PM
  #3
Ram*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 144
vCash: 500
well, ive been on hf boards all day.+coffee

Ram* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:15 PM
  #4
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,416
vCash: 500
**** RDS and forget him.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:17 PM
  #5
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28,601
vCash: 50
Begin sucks.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:18 PM
  #6
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
He's basically the second biggest plug in team history

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:24 PM
  #7
TheCH*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
Begin was great.

Not every player on a team should be a cream puff you know..

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:28 PM
  #8
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,416
vCash: 500
Begin claimed he was "on the good side" now after he signed with Boston. He can go **** himself lol.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:29 PM
  #9
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,925
vCash: 500
http://www.rds.ca/video/visionneuse....y=&video=34032

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:40 PM
  #10
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,742
vCash: 500
I find it weak if he's taking pot shots at the Habs...maybe he doesn't remember, but it was Gainey (or was it Savard?) who picked him up off the trash heap after being dumped by the Sabres and helped him establish himself in the NHL.

He's sitting there complaining that he "finally" has a role with the Bruins where he's playing 14 mins a game and how they trust him. Please, during his whole career as a Hab he had a role and was adored by the fans and the media. Things didn't work out last year, he needed a change of scenery, if things are working out great for him in Boston, congratulations...good for you.

But don't act like you were mistreated while a Hab...if it wasn't for the Habs, he'd be toiling away somewhere in the Swiss league right now. He should be grateful towards the Habs for overpaying him for so many years

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:41 PM
  #11
TheCH*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Begin claimed he was "on the good side" now after he signed with Boston. He can go **** himself lol.
Everybody butters up their new fanbase like that when they go to a new team. Don't read so far into it. His physical presence was awesome for us against Boston, thats for sure!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:41 PM
  #12
Plekanetzz
Registered User
 
Plekanetzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Saguenay, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 540
vCash: 500
Why did they let that guy go.....

Plekanetzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:43 PM
  #13
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanetzz View Post
Why did they let that guy go.....
Because he wasn't playing well...

Either way, I think Glen Metropolit is a much, much better player.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:44 PM
  #14
TheCH*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I find it weak if he's taking pot shots at the Habs...maybe he doesn't remember, but it was Gainey (or was it Savard?) who picked him up off the trash heap after being dumped by the Sabres and helped him establish himself in the NHL.

He's sitting there complaining that he "finally" has a role with the Bruins where he's playing 14 mins a game and how they trust him. Please, during his whole career as a Hab he had a role and was adored by the fans and the media. Things didn't work out last year, he needed a change of scenery, if things are working out great for him in Boston, congratulations...good for you.

But don't act like you were mistreated while a Hab...if it wasn't for the Habs, he'd be toiling away somewhere in the Swiss league right now. He should be grateful towards the Habs for overpaying him for so many years
He was a healthy scratch all the time, of course he is not going to like that. **** sakes people, get a clue.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:44 PM
  #15
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28,601
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanetzz View Post
Why did they let that guy go.....
We didn't feel like killing penalties late in important games.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:47 PM
  #16
benji
Took too much, man.
 
benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Too much.
Posts: 10,452
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
He was a healthy scratch all the time, of course he is not going to like that. **** sakes people, get a clue.
Please. I loved Begin in his time as a Hab, even despite the infamous penalties. I remember him going face first into the boards against the Bruins and coming back with a full facemask later on in the game. But since he's been gone, he's done nothing but lack respect for the organization and burn bridges. In retrospect, I'm happy he's gone. Hindsight is 20/20 right?

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:47 PM
  #17
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
He was a healthy scratch all the time, of course he is not going to like that. **** sakes people, get a clue.
A healthy scratch? Who the hell is Steve Bégin to be complaining about being a healthy scratch? So what???

No one likes to be a healthy scratch, but play your role...you're a 12/13th forward, sometimes, you're going to get sat out.

That's what happens when RDS gives these guys more clout than they deserve...

Please

Won't be long before he's a healthy scratch in Boston...we'll see if he'll get any airtime with the media over there to complain about it.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:48 PM
  #18
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Begin sucks.
Yep.

Every year he starts strong then plays like crap and takes a bonehead penalty in the most important game of the season.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:50 PM
  #19
benji
Took too much, man.
 
benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Too much.
Posts: 10,452
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
A healthy scratch? Who the hell is Steve Bégin to be complaining about being a healthy scratch? So what???

No one likes to be a healthy scratch, but play your role...you're a 12/13th forward, sometimes, you're going to get sat out.

That's what happens when RDS gives these guys more clout than they deserve...

Please

Won't be long before he's a healthy scratch in Boston...we'll see if he'll get any airtime with the media over there to complain about it.
Exactly. And I shudder to think where he'll end up when he retires after a couple years. He'll fit in perfectly with our friends at l'Attaque a 5/110%. You can consider that a serious prediction.

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:50 PM
  #20
Agalloch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lachute, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,858
vCash: 500
I watched the video and its more renaud lavoie trying to make steve begin say things against the habs....

Steve Begin said nothing wrong at all

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:50 PM
  #21
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji View Post
Please. I loved Begin in his time as a Hab, even despite the infamous penalties. I remember him going face first into the boards against the Bruins and coming back with a full facemask later on in the game. But since he's been gone, he's done nothing but lack respect for the organization and burn bridges. In retrospect, I'm happy he's gone. Hindsight is 20/20 right?
Exactly...things maybe didn't end the way he wanted, but he's spent the best parts of his career as a Hab, they gave him a chance when no one else wanted too. To come back and throw pot shots after the fact just lowers my esteem of him.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:51 PM
  #22
Jee
Moderator
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 18,168
vCash: 500
looks like he cried before those 15mins.

wtf...

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:51 PM
  #23
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,425
vCash: 500
I want my 15 minutes back. Nothing we didn't already know.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:51 PM
  #24
TheCH*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
A healthy scratch? Who the hell is Steve Bégin to be complaining about being a healthy scratch? So what???

No one likes to be a healthy scratch, but play your role...you're a 12/13th forward, sometimes, you're going to get sat out.

That's what happens when RDS gives these guys more clout than they deserve...

Please

Won't be long before he's a healthy scratch in Boston...we'll see if he'll get any airtime with the media over there to complain about it.
I don't understand french, so thats BS in my case as they couldn't possibly have influence on me.

He was better than at least a few players who got to play last year while he was sat out without any explanation from Carbo whatsover.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:53 PM
  #25
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
I don't understand french, so thats BS in my case.

He was better than at least a few players who got to play last year while he was sat out without any explanation from Carbo whatsover.
Who might that be?

And if he didn't get any explanation from Carbo, then he needs to take that beef up with Carbo.

As I said earlier, if it werent for the Habs...he'd be playing hockey in Switzerland

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.