HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Goalie debate thread (Price fan? Halak fan? Who Should be #1? Discuss here)

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2009, 05:30 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
The Goalie debate thread (Price fan? Halak fan? Who Should be #1? Discuss here)

Price has been outstanding since the begin of the season, he makes so many saves looking easy but in reality would beat alot of goaltenders, review all the goals scored against if you want, most of them are unstoppable, no softie, the kid has all the reasons of the world to be frustrated right now cause the D isnt reliable, but I see no sign of panic or anything, he is always well positionned, his concentration is excellent, it shows alot to me, alot of charactere.. Price deserves alot better but it will come, will be rewarded.. If you think Habs' reccord would be better if Halak or any goaltenders would have been in the net, you are in the left field, its a matter of circonstances if the team has a negative reccord so far, you cant blame him for having too many bottom pairing defensemen in the line-up, for the lack of scoring, the team shaping up and anything he just cant control..

Clearly Habs' biggest strength is in the net with Price and Halak, Im just tired to see this team relying too much on their goaltenders, something Martin is trying to change and its getting better but we will have to find a way to improve the D core, what is clearly why the team is struggling as much as a whole, not enough mobility, not enough skills, very hard transition..

Old
10-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

I'd like to see our goaltenders get a 2 or 3 goal lead for once...

Old
10-21-2009, 05:35 PM
BakerNator

I agree. Price has been good. But he needs decent defence in front of him.

For me, one of the most important positions on the team is backup goalie. You have to have quality in that position if you are going to win anything.

Old
10-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Last game was the only game this season where the team in front of the goalie played well for virtually the entire game.

Old
10-21-2009, 06:08 PM
jiboy
Patience

vCash: 247
im not sure but I think that if price or halak is in net when we win..we get two points neither way

Old
10-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
This whole "OUR GOALIE IS BETTER THAN OUR OTHER GOALIE" is freaking immature. Grow up kids.

Be glad we got two talented goalies.. and be positive with who ever the heck goes in net.
I've said this for a while now. The way people bicker on this forum we don't deserve 2 young talented goalies.

Old
10-21-2009, 07:17 PM
TankEller*

Price has nothing to blamed for this year, but to say he's been stellar is pushing things a little too far... In half of the games, he was outplayed by the other goalie... Which is not dramatic, he's young and it's normal. I'll give him credit when he'll deserve it, but so far this year, he's not been a difference maker since the Buffalo game.

Old
10-21-2009, 07:37 PM
number 11

halak won a game yesterday where he had to make 1 or 2 big saves. price won us the first 2 games of the season. so in my eyes, price is the better goalie right now.

as far as this season is concerned, i'm not worried about our goaltending because if one goalie stinks it up we have a more than capable second goalie. i'm more worried about our play in the defensive zone.

Old
10-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Kirk Muller

Why am i not shocked this thread exists?

Racicot could have played last night and the habs likely would have won.

Old
10-21-2009, 08:20 PM
shutehinside

Price is #1

Halak is #2

Debate done! That was easy

Old
10-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post

Hehe... good ole "Red Light Racicot". Tried to kill himself once by jumping in front of a Metro train and it went right between his legs!

Good times, gooood times.

Old
10-21-2009, 08:41 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Ride the hot goalie. But we're lucky to be able to have the luxury to bench our slumping starter, and not feel like we have a liability in nets by doing so.

Old
10-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Biggsy

Quote:

I agree, no knock on our current goalies, but our teams overall defense limited ATL's shots to 23 which is good for our team. I didn't see alot of tough shots headed towards the net, their were a few don't get me wrong. So the habs defensive game all around was ALOT better last night and i felt that any goalie could of looked good last night. If they can play like that consistently all year and put up more than 1 or 2 goals a game and not make it so tough one Price and Halak to make every save just to come out with a win, it wont matter what goalie we have in the net we should be alright, but I'd personally stick to Price he is suppose to be your backbone and future player and he has been playing pretty well despite our TEAM record.

Old
10-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Stradale

Halak won a game after a REALLY good game from his teammates in front and with a sleepy Kovalchuk and suddenly, he should be our 1st goalie. Price won the two first games of the season almost by himself.. but was pretty much let down from his teammates the next four games, some of you dont care.

Old
10-21-2009, 09:20 PM
TheCH*

Quote:

Racicot is better than Price.

Its like this on here:
Price can do no wrong.
Halak can do no right.

Halak is better.

Old
10-21-2009, 09:22 PM
Miller Time

It should be a goaltending tandem, each guy getting 2 or 3 starts in a row, or each guy playing until he loses.

it looks more like it's Carey as the #1a, and halak as the 1b, coming in for relief more often than a typical back up, but not splitting time even if he's playing better/winning more.

that's not a good system, imo.

Old
10-21-2009, 09:25 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post

Its like this on here:
Price can do no wrong.
Halak can do no right.

Halak is better.

I can't believe the hate for Price, he is the better goalie. I think trading Halak would be best for this team so Price would be the man and Sanford a true back up was in place to take away the controversy.

To be truthful, how many times do we have to have threads like this???

Price was the only reason we had two wins before this, Halak has one and the other games we lost wasn't because of a lack of good goaltending, it was a lack of good offence and finish.

Old
10-21-2009, 09:26 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Price is #1

Halak is #2

Debate done! That was easy
This for sure. We should trade Halak soon, he deserves a better opportunity than being stuck behind Carey.

Old
10-21-2009, 09:29 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post

I can't believe the hate for Price, he is the better goalie.
I don't hate Price, he is just not that special of a goalie. Not my fault.

Except for a good game once in a blue moon, he has been brutal since January. Zero consistency. Halak has been consistently good.

Old
10-21-2009, 09:38 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
I don't hate Price, he is just not that special of a goalie. Not my fault.

Except for a good game once in a blue moon, he has been brutal since January. Zero consistency. Halak has been consistently good.
How can you say that when they stated on the game (TSN) last night he lost his last 3 starts in Montreal?

Price was great before the injury and he rushed back to play in the All-star Game, I don't think he was recovered and his confidence took a hit. The new goalie coach is helping, the kid isn't deep in his net and he is challenging shooters and the games he has played I have felt good with him in net. The place I have felt uneasy is with the team in-front not scoring, I felt the same way last night with Halak having only a one goal lead.

Both are good goalies, but they can't work in tandem here unless your rotating every game like they did in Minny with Roloson and Fernandez a few years back. They have obviously chosen Carey to be #1, so let Halak go in a trade to help the team in their need of a top 6 player and allow him to play regular and establish himself as a number one.

Old
10-21-2009, 09:43 PM
TheCH*

Look if i had a choice, Price would be the superstar that you all pretend he is. But i don't, and he is not. He doesn't have the head for it. Halak will prove to be the better goalie, but probably not in Montreal as long as Gainey is around. Gainey is just as delusional as all you other Price thumpers out there. You will see!

Old
10-21-2009, 09:44 PM
TheHMan

From an outsider perspective: The Price vs Halak debate is becoming like the movie Groundhog Day.

Old
10-21-2009, 09:51 PM
habdynasty

Quote:

Its like this on here:
Price can do no wrong.
Halak can do no right.

Halak is better.
lol lol thanks for the laugh

Old
10-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
My position hasn't changed on this.

I'm not convinced either way that either goalie is better than the other. Both have a different set of strengths and weaknesses and have very similar career numbers. I do like Halak better.

I don't think it's right that Price is just handed the starter's job without proving that he's the better goalie, but I'm okay with it as long as Halak gets a legitimate chance if Price struggles. I just don't want to see a repeat of what happened last year at the end of the season and in the playoffs.

Old
10-21-2009, 10:13 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 400
Quote:
Look if i had a choice, Price would be the superstar that you all pretend he is. But i don't, and he is not. He doesn't have the head for it. Halak will prove to be the better goalie, but probably not in Montreal as long as Gainey is around. Gainey is just as delusional as all you other Price thumpers out there. You will see!
Is there some reason you believe this? As of now, today, right now I cannot see a difference between the two. So your crystal ball tells you something about Halak i guess and since you are the most knowledgeable poster around we gotta believe you. So put it up here CH let's see why you believe this.

Closed Thread