HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can We PLEASE...

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2004, 02:39 AM
nordique

vCash:
Can We PLEASE...

...stop making dumb inflammatory posts on the Sens board?

Only serves to make Leaf fans look like morons...which we're SO NOT (TM Carl Carlson)

Old
04-12-2004, 07:50 AM
Augustus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique

Only serves to make Leaf fans look like morons...which we're SO NOT (TM Carl Carlson)

Of course you're quite right. But their board would be empty and dead without some of wandering by to wake them up.

Interestingly, they rarely respond to out better, more objective, posts to their board. But let one of us go over there to flame and they arise from their coffins.

Old
04-12-2004, 07:59 AM
Steve

Although I agree with you to some point, us making posts ticking off the Sens fans and have them retialiate is what this is all about, the players make this a great series, but the fans make it incredible. We're here to say "sens suck" and them to say "leafs suck" etc... but i agree some of the posts are just stupid, although it is annoying when people don't see things from the same side, ie. when the color of a jersey determined the legality of a play. Anyway, overall, I agree we need to cut it out a bit, myself included, however, it's important to walk that fine line and keep the best rivalry in professional sports going stong

Old
04-12-2004, 08:01 AM
MatsSundin13

Send a message via MSN to MatsSundin13 Send a message via Yahoo to MatsSundin13
For some reason i dont believe in going on other teams boards unless im a fan of that team 2...so you probably wont see me over on the senators board at any point

Old
04-12-2004, 08:03 AM
Augustus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Although I agree with you to some point, us making posts ticking off the Sens fans and have them retialiate is what this is all about, the players make this a great series, but the fans make it incredible. We're here to say "sens suck" and them to say "leafs suck" etc... but i agree some of the posts are just stupid, although it is annoying when people don't see things from the same side, ie. when the color of a jersey determined the legality of a play. Anyway, overall, I agree we need to cut it out a bit, myself included, however, it's important to walk that fine line and keep the best rivalry in professional sports going stong

I think what our esteemed thread starter had in mind were posts that essentially said "Sens suck." These are fairly ignorant statements as Sens are quite a good team, as good or better than us, and we all know it. These posts have no point except to inflame. It is one thing to go over there and accuse Varada of a cheap shot, or to say that Belfour is better than Lalime, or to blame to refs. It is another just to go by and give a Domi/Neidermeyer sucker punch.

What is the harm in saying something positive about Sens, or a Sen, when it is manifestly true. Can't we say Hossa made a helluva goal in game 1? Would we burn in hell if we issue a deserved compliment?

Old
04-12-2004, 08:10 AM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiled in Florida
I think what our esteemed thread starter had in mind were posts that essentially said "Sens suck." These are fairly ignorant statements as Sens are quite a good team, as good or better than us, and we all know it. These posts have no point except to inflame. It is one thing to go over there and accuse Varada of a cheap shot, or to say that Belfour is better than Lalime, or to blame to refs. It is another just to go by and give a Domi/Neidermeyer sucker punch.

What is the harm in saying something positive about Sens, or a Sen, when it is manifestly true. Can't we say Hossa made a helluva goal in game 1? Would we burn in hell if we issue a deserved compliment?
I agree, my post wasn't intended to disagree, I posted several time on the Sens board when they had all given up on the Sens, saying this is not going to be anywhere as easy as people are making this out to be. I still stand with that opinion, this is a 50/50 series, just too bad on incredible hockey team will be packing too early IMO. They certainly do have one hell of a team.

Old
04-12-2004, 08:14 AM
Augustus

Quote:
I agree, my post wasn't intended to disagree, I posted several time on the Sens board when they had all given up on the Sens, saying this is not going to be anywhere as easy as people are making this out to be. I still stand with that opinion, this is a 50/50 series, just too bad on incredible hockey team will be packing too early IMO. They certainly do have one hell of a team.

So, we agree to agree.

Now let's meander over to Sens board and wake them up.

Old
04-12-2004, 08:26 AM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiled in Florida
So, we agree to agree.

Now let's meander over to Sens board and wake them up.
:lol :lol just great. "meander" ahahahah :lol

Old
04-12-2004, 03:02 PM
albathegreat*

Quote:
:lol :lol just great. "meander" ahahahah :lol
:lol

Old
04-12-2004, 10:20 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique

nordique..........

There's a Sens' board?..........Thanks for letting me know.........I wasn't even aware of it.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

Closed Thread