HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Boedker recalled from San Antonio

Old
11-03-2009, 11:42 AM
starman
we're here to stay!

vCash: 500
Boedker recalled from San Antonio

see Coyotes website...

starman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 11:46 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|PHX|home

Quote:
COYOTES RECALL BOEDKER FROM AHL
Tuesday, 11.03.2009 / 12:18 PM / News Phoenix Coyotes
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Tuesday, November 3, 2009

GLENDALE, ARIZONA --- Phoenix Coyotes General Manager Don Maloney announced today that the Coyotes have recalled forward Mikkel Boedker from their American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the San Antonio Rampage.
I don't get it. Don't we have thirteen healthy forwards? I thought Korpikoski and Bissonnette both looked great, last night. Mueller has to get back into the line-up in the next game or two, right? Why are we calling up Porter to scratch him, Sullivan to scratch him, and now Boedker, who I would guess is a likely scratch?

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 12:13 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|PHX|home

I don't get it. Don't we have thirteen healthy forwards? I thought Korpikoski and Bissonnette both looked great, last night. Mueller has to get back into the line-up in the next game or two, right? Why are we calling up Porter to scratch him, Sullivan to scratch him, and now Boedker, who I would guess is a likely scratch?
Mueller might not be taking to the scratches very well and still skating poorly in practice. So send him another message and sit him and Biz in Colorado and see what Boeds what can do. I know you don't want to hear this RT, but I don't think TIppett and Maloney are going to show a lot of patience with Mueller and he's going to have to show he deserves to be back in the lineup by skating like a maniac in practice.

AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

My fear is that if we do trade Mueller that he is going to do better somewhere else. Then were going to be kicking ourselves in the ass later on for trading him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Sindiggy
STH Row 206 Row D

Fellas...not sure, but last night and for several games now Lombardi doesn't look right. It could be just me, but I bet there is something there.

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

Almost forgot. With all the crying about Boedker not getting enough ice time and being on a line with Upshall and Lombardi, maybe what we wanted to see in the past will happen now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
11-03-2009, 12:26 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Mueller might not be taking to the scratches very well and still skating poorly in practice. So send him another message and sit him and Biz in Colorado and see what Boeds what can do. I know you don't want to hear this RT, but I don't think TIppett and Maloney are going to show a lot of patience with Mueller and he's going to have to show he deserves to be back in the lineup by skating like a maniac in practice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
My fear is that if we do trade Mueller that he is going to do better somewhere else. Then were going to be kicking ourselves in the ass later on for trading him.
Posted via Mobile Device
If Mueller is actually dogging it in practice, I say trade his ass tonight. I don't care if he figures it out somewhere else. He should be at a point in his career where he's working his ass off to make it. Of course we have absolutely no clue how he has reacted to the scratches. If he's pouting, I say dump him. We don't need any sulkers on this team. Not a one.

Old
11-03-2009, 12:33 PM
DenGC

Hope he gets real minutes this time around. or maybe they've just missed Boeds ability to draw penalties......

DenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 12:39 PM
LT

In this day and age I don't think you can have a whole lot of patience. How long can you wait...they waited all of last season and now the whole first month of games. I don't know what the problem is or what the answer is. Maybe he can only play center?

I doubt the Coyotes are ready to give up on him yet but if they did I guess I couldn't blaim them. I would hate to see him blossom somewhere else but sometimes it's a fresh start that is needed. I only hope that if we do trade him that DM gets something good back.

LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT View Post
In this day and age I don't think you can have a whole lot of patience. How long can you wait...they waited all of last season and now the whole first month of games. I don't know what the problem is or what the answer is. Maybe he can only play center?

I doubt the Coyotes are ready to give up on him yet but if they did I guess I couldn't blaim them. I would hate to see him blossom somewhere else but sometimes it's a fresh start that is needed. I only hope that if we do trade him that DM gets something good back.
I would hope DM would get something back good too. But if we do trade him, let's not send Mueller to a team that is doing well for fear that will just be picking up that teams deadweight while Mueller becomes the missing link to making that team a cup contender or a cup winner.

I wonder if I should start a thread called if Mueller is in play for a trade?
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
11-03-2009, 01:02 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT View Post

Colorado's patience has started to pay off with Wojtek Wolski. Anaheim's patience with Bobby Ryan has paid off, as well. Mueller is a year younger than Ryan, and two years younger than Wolski. I see a lot of similarities in Mueller and those other two players. Perhaps we should have similar patience.

Old
11-03-2009, 01:30 PM
WJF

vCash: 50
Quote:
Colorado's patience has started to pay off with Wojtek Wolski. Anaheim's patience with Bobby Ryan has paid off, as well. Mueller is a year younger than Ryan, and two years younger than Wolski. I see a lot of similarities in Mueller and those other two players. Perhaps we should have similar patience.
Patience is a luxury.

I would be inclined to agree with you but I don't believe we have the luxury of being patient. If we were the Pens or Caps or some one like that, i would say lets wait. But for the yotes, the time is now.

That said, I don't think we should dump him for dead weight (Higgins, aka Pyatt 2.0). I would only trade him if we could get a player like Cogliano or Clowe back - someone that can immediately step in and fit in with the team philosophy.

WJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 01:54 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

Mueller's trade value is probably at an all-time low right now. We loss Briere for a bag of pucks. Why do the same with Mueller?

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
Mueller's trade value is probably at an all-time low right now. We loss Briere for a bag of pucks. Why do the same with Mueller?
To be fair to the value of that bag of pucks, it was the key asset traded (not Vaanaanen or the 2nd round pick, despite what it turned out to be) for Derek Morris & Keith Ballard.

That bag of pucks still lives on in some form of Peter Prucha, Matthew Lombardi, and Calgary's 1st round pick.

Even if Mueller's trade value is at an all-time low, it still has a LOT of value. If the Coyote hockey minds think that Mueller might not fit into the Coyotes style of play (something I believe) even when he is producing, and they can get equal value (long-term) back, then why not trade him?

I trust in Don Maloney.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 03:28 PM
knowsthegame

Mueller hasn't been the same player since his concussion last year IMO. Hope he gets back on track very soon.
Neither Mueller nor Korpikoski have a goal yet. I don't think Korpikoski has earned a roster spot yet, so with Mueller and Korpikoski being healthy scratches of late, I like that Boedker has been recalled and hoprfully bringing up Porter to give them a shot.

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 03:36 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
Mueller hasn't been the same player since his concussion last year IMO. Hope he gets back on track very soon.
Neither Mueller nor Korpikoski have a goal yet. I don't think Korpikoski has earned a roster spot yet, so with Mueller and Korpikoski being healthy scratches of late, I like that Boedker has been recalled and hoprfully bringing up Porter to give them a shot.
Mueller wasn't any good before the concussion last season. Korpikoski finally had a good game, and then followed it up with a very good game. He finally has some confidence and is playing impressively. We're only fourteen games in. It's going to take some time. Also, we can't afford to pay all of these guys their NHL salaries. It doesn't make any sense to have three healthy scratches a game. Guys like Boedker and Porter are probably getting paid at least ten times more in the NHL than they are in the AHL. Neither Korpikoski or Mueller can be sent down without passing through waivers. If waived, both would certainly be claimed.

Old
11-03-2009, 03:42 PM
knowsthegame

Quote:
Neither Korpikoski or Mueller can be sent down without passing through waivers. If waived, both would certainly be claimed.
I wouldn't miss Korpikoski if he was lost thru waivers. I would rather see Boedker or Porter on the roster.

Old
11-03-2009, 03:43 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
I wouldn't miss Korpikoski if he was lost thru waivers. I would rather see Boedker or Porter on the roster.
Terrible asset management. You don't even know what you have in Korpikoski yet.

Old
11-03-2009, 03:45 PM

Given the trend of the Porter & Sullivan recalls, I wonder if it's just a look-see. Although it is a bit perplexing as the Rampage have 3 games in the next 4 days. I could much more see a recall of this nature on Sunday when the Rampage have 4 days off.

Maloney recalled Sullivan when the Rampage has 3 games in 3 straight nights. When Porter got recalled there was also 3 games in 3 nights.

Really makes you wonder what is up with these recalls.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 03:48 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
If Mueller is actually dogging it in practice, I say trade his ass tonight. I don't care if he figures it out somewhere else. He should be at a point in his career where he's working his ass off to make it. Of course we have absolutely no clue how he has reacted to the scratches. If he's pouting, I say dump him. We don't need any sulkers on this team. Not a one.
I think Sindiggy may have the answer, and Lombardi is going to sit due to a lingering injury. He stopped taking faceoffs a few games ago and hasn't looked the same when he has tried to take a few.

Old
11-03-2009, 03:52 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Given the trend of the Porter & Sullivan recalls, I wonder if it's just a look-see. Although it is a bit perplexing as the Rampage have 3 games in the next 4 days. I could much more see a recall of this nature on Sunday when the Rampage have 4 days off.

Maloney recalled Sullivan when the Rampage has 3 games in 3 straight nights. When Porter got recalled there was also 3 games in 3 nights.

Really makes you wonder what is up with these recalls.
I believe Doan had the flu, or something, for one of the Porter or Sullivan recalls, but he decided to play at the last minute, so whichever one never dressed.

Old
11-03-2009, 03:52 PM
knowsthegame

Quote:
Terrible asset management. You don't even know what you have in Korpikoski yet.
Korpikoski couldn't make the Rangers lineup, yet Lisin (who couldn't crack the Coyotes lineup on a permanenet basis) currently has a roster spot on the Rangers.
I believe Boedker had more points last year with the Yotes than Korpikoski had with the Rangers.
Korpikoski just hasn't shown me anything that any of our prospects couldn't do as well or better - like score a goal. Just my opinion.

Old
11-03-2009, 03:57 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Korpikoski couldn't make the Rangers lineup, yet Lisin (who couldn't crack the Coyotes lineup on a permanenet basis) currently has a roster spot on the Rangers.
I believe Boedker had more points last year with the Yotes than Korpikoski had with the Rangers.
Korpikoski just hasn't shown me anything that any of our prospects couldn't do as well or better - like score a goal. Just my opinion.
Korpikoski is solid on defense and the penalty kill. He's not afraid to go to the net but needs to get some confidence with his shot. He also has great speed. Watch him when the other team has the puck. He is never out of position.

Old
11-03-2009, 03:59 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
It's just that he's been playing much better the last few games, and has seen his ice time increase as a result. He hadn't played over ten minutes in any game since the season opener until the St. Louis game a week ago. He looked good and ended up with thirteen minutes. Then he had fourteen in Anaheim the other night. Last night, he had fifteen, and played his best game yet. He's only played in ten games, and only seen more than nine minutes of ice time in four of them. You can't judge a rookie on the fourth line by looking at six games, in the first month of the season, in which he was playing six or seven minutes a night. What is he supposed to do with that?

We're 17% of the way through the season. We shouldn't be writing anyone off.

Old
11-03-2009, 04:02 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Korpikoski is solid on defense and the penalty kill. He's not afraid to go to the net but needs to get some confidence with his shot. He also has great speed. Watch him when the other team has the puck. He is never out of position.
Agreed. I thought he was very impressive at taking away passing lanes and causing turnovers, last night. He looked so excited to be on the Doan/Hanzal line, too. It showed in the offensive zone. The guy just turned twenty three and this is only his second season in the NHL. He's spent a couple of years in the AHL and showed significant improvement from the one season to the next. Maloney saw enough in him to take him in the first round, and then later trade Enver Lisin for him. I think he's at least worth a look. Certainly no sense in waiving him without ever giving him a real chance.