HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Gill out several weeks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-03-2009, 12:30 PM
  #26
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,755
vCash: 500
who would've thought before the start of the season that in november we will have a defensive corp that looks like this?

Hamrlik - Spacek
Mara - Gorges
Bergeron - Carle

Poor price


Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 12:38 PM
  #27
Daice
Registered User
 
Daice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 946
vCash: 500
If this team makes the playoffs it would be a miracle....
at this point we might as well tank lol but we suck at sucking so...we will get a 10th draft pick//

HALF our regulars of our def. are hurt... waw

btw how did laraque get hurt

Daice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 12:41 PM
  #28
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daice View Post
If this team makes the playoffs it would be a miracle....
at this point we might as well tank lol but we suck at sucking so...we will get a 10th draft pick//

HALF our regulars of our def. are hurt... waw

btw how did laraque get hurt
Carrying all that fax paper to his fax machine

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 12:48 PM
  #29
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The part that doesn't add up for me is why Markov can do weights and the bike but is still 3 months away. I could see that if he wasn't able to put weight on the foot until late December.
He's probably in a weight bearing cast which should allow him to ride the bike to work on his thigh/buttocks muscles and keep up some cardio training, while the weights would also help him keep his upper body/back/abdomen strong. He needs to keep the rest of his body in shape while his tendon heals.

Once the cast comes off, the muscles underneath it will have atrophied a bit and he'll need rehabilitation/strength training for his calf & foot.

Finally, he'll need to rebuild his overall cardio conditioning/strength training until he is back to game fitness. The bike alone won't be able to do that so he'll need time for conditioning work for sure.

All that sounds like 3 months to me.

Markov only had a partial tear of a tendon. My friend, who is a competitive amateur tennis player, had his Achilles tendon rupture and he was out for a full calendar year.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 12:51 PM
  #30
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,265
vCash: 500
This is such an emo board.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 12:55 PM
  #31
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,696
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Thank the lord.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 01:08 PM
  #32
Magic33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,563
vCash: 500
MAB-Carle could potentially be the worst defensive pairing in the NHL.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 01:09 PM
  #33
saints96
Registered User
 
saints96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daice View Post
If this team makes the playoffs it would be a miracle....
at this point we might as well tank lol but we suck at sucking so...we will get a 10th draft pick//

HALF our regulars of our def. are hurt... waw

btw how did laraque get hurt
i know its a long while that he has 2 herniated discs, and believe me it aint easy to play with that condition.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 01:12 PM
  #34
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc0qN4QXV1c

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 01:20 PM
  #35
HeShootsHeScores
Registered User
 
HeShootsHeScores's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,256
vCash: 500
what?

Where are all the ?? According to these boards since the start of the season, Gill was the worst player ever wearing a habs jersey. I even remember people wishing he would get injured so he couldn't play? Now everyone seems to agree we won't make the playoffs because he'll be missing a few weeks? wth? Is there something I've been missing?

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 01:24 PM
  #36
habsfans333*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Mali
Posts: 1,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
There is a good news here, Gill was playing injured. I'm relieve since it might be the reason why he was so bad...
Gill wasn't SO BAD.

Listen to the game on the mute, perhaps like that you won't be so influenced by the commentators/media.


Jeez, Gill had 2-3 bad games, otherwise he did exactly what we expected, good use of his stick, good PK play, and make space in front of the goaltender.

I hate fans who think they know hockey, but in fact are pretty much clueless about what is a good/bad plays.

habsfans333* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 01:26 PM
  #37
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
Gill wasn't SO BAD.

Listen to the game on the mute, perhaps like that you won't be so influenced by the commentators/media.


Jeez, Gill had 2-3 bad games, otherwise he did exactly what we expected, good use of his stick, good PK play, and make space in front of the goaltender.

I hate fans who think they know hockey, but in fact are pretty much clueless about what is a good/bad plays.

He was starting to play better and better,the only thing that was starting to piss me off was the delay of game penalty witch I believe he got one in 3 strait games

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 01:33 PM
  #38
Daice
Registered User
 
Daice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Ugh

i know

Daice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 01:36 PM
  #39
LouisJCloutier
Registered User
 
LouisJCloutier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gaspésie
Country: Canada
Posts: 715
vCash: 500
Ok, everyone say Gill suck. The he got injured, then everyone say we will suddenly miss the playoff because of that.

That deserves a big WTF.

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 01:36 PM
  #40
NSi
Registered User
 
NSi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Carrying all that fax paper to his fax machine
Very Nice.

NSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 01:42 PM
  #41
DDIHH
Registered User
 
DDIHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post

Why not

?

DDIHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 01:53 PM
  #42
A1
Set Sail For Fail
 
A1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ho View Post
Why not

?


Because that would be #42.

A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 02:01 PM
  #43
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSi View Post
Very Nice.
Lighten up. It was a joke.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 02:02 PM
  #44
Habs83
Registered User
 
Habs83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
Where are all the ?? According to these boards since the start of the season, Gill was the worst player ever wearing a habs jersey. I even remember people wishing he would get injured so he couldn't play? Now everyone seems to agree we won't make the playoffs because he'll be missing a few weeks? wth? Is there something I've been missing?
Welcome to the Habs board on Hfboards. lol Bipolar fans

Habs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 02:04 PM
  #45
NSi
Registered User
 
NSi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Lighten up. It was a joke.
I know, that's why I said "Very Nice", as in "Good one, thanks for the laugh".

I just hate those friggin or

Gee, lighten up

NSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 02:10 PM
  #46
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
He's probably in a weight bearing cast which should allow him to ride the bike to work on his thigh/buttocks muscles and keep up some cardio training, while the weights would also help him keep his upper body/back/abdomen strong. He needs to keep the rest of his body in shape while his tendon heals.

Once the cast comes off, the muscles underneath it will have atrophied a bit and he'll need rehabilitation/strength training for his calf & foot.

Finally, he'll need to rebuild his overall cardio conditioning/strength training until he is back to game fitness. The bike alone won't be able to do that so he'll need time for conditioning work for sure.

All that sounds like 3 months to me.

Markov only had a partial tear of a tendon. My friend, who is a competitive amateur tennis player, had his Achilles tendon rupture and he was out for a full calendar year.
I didn't realise he could ride the bike in a soft cast.

I see, but his injury should not be as bad as an Achilles, which is a major tendon in the body.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 02:10 PM
  #47
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
No more delay of game penalty

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 02:17 PM
  #48
sandman08
Registered User
 
sandman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hyderabad, India
Country: India
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ho View Post
Why not

?
probably because bergarle sounds like the noise one would make while vomitting... although.. given the potential for that defensive pairing you might be onto something.

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 02:40 PM
  #49
saints96
Registered User
 
saints96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisJCloutier View Post
Ok, everyone say Gill suck. The he got injured, then everyone say we will suddenly miss the playoff because of that.

That deserves a big WTF.
i think its because who they are bringing up, and who he is playing with..not exactly the best option. But of course, we have to give him a chance but everyone knows it should be Belle again. He played very well when they brought him up. Certain people would disagree with me *cough cough* ckac, rds.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 02:45 PM
  #50
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,419
vCash: 500
Damn.....too bad Dandenault is in the 'A' with the Rags. We could use him now.

__________________
Hey look, it's Duffman; the guy in a costume that creates awareness of Duff!
Darz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.