HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oreskovitch: You guys (and PDB) saw what I didn't.

Old
11-03-2009, 08:57 AM
Panthers/Leafs fan

vCash: 500
Oreskovitch: You guys (and PDB) saw what I didn't.

Discussion on the GDT of the last game had me do a little digging. Oreskovitch had five hits in the game and must have done quite a few other things as well. Here's what was published in the Sun today:

***I asked Pete about winger Victor Oreskovich's NHL debut Saturday. He played him more than 13 minutes Saturday, in part because he said he's comfortable with him having coached him in juniors:

"He's a big, fast guy, finishes his hits, gets in on the forecheck. We don't have a ton of that in the lineup. It's great. For me, the more of that on your third and fourth lines, the better. ...He was a real welcome addition."

Note the emphasis I placed on PDB's latter statements, which leads to two questions:

1. Does this mean that Randy Sexton is busy working getting "more of that" in the lineup?

2. If so, Koistinen can't be described as bringing much of that to the ice. Does that mean he's on the way out? (And becoming my pick for "Year's Worst Signing", a thread I'll start later in the year when we've had more time to evaluate the new players).

Panthers/Leafs fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
People need to realize that we are stuck with Koistinen. He is not on his way out because nobody will take him. We can't waive him because nobody will pick him up. I'd bet that nobody would pick him up on re-entry waivers because he has two years on his contract.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
People need to realize that we are stuck with Koistinen. He is not on his way out because nobody will take him. We can't waive him because nobody will pick him up. I'd bet that nobody would pick him up on re-entry waivers because he has two years on his contract.
Yep. And waiving him and him going unclaimed gives a hit to his confidence. Also, I think a lot of people forget that he's our 7th d-man also. We shouldn't exactly be clamoring to get rid of him. Yeah, we could call up Garrison or Ellerby, but that weakens Rochester and also what if we have a rash of injuries? Then we'll be glad we have Koistinen. He might be bought out this summer, but he's going to be here for the whole year. He's also decent on the PP and does have 4 points, although has been pretty much invisible at even strength.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Just don't dress him then...or, send him to Rochester.

I really hope we are looking for more punishing players for our 3rd and 4th lines, it's ridiculous we don't have more of them there. They're the damn checking lines, especially the 4th line.

Nasty's decent against middleweights, but is certainly no enforcer, if he would hit more, he'd be much more effective. Guess we'd put Kreps or Soupy in as the center for that line? Would leave Soup well rested for our PK.

Leaves our 3rd line with Olesz-Moore-Dvorak when Booth gets healthy? Where does Kreps fit in? Does O go back down? Guess that depends on everyone's play at that point.

11-03-2009, 10:11 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Just don't dress him then...or, send him to Rochester.

I really hope we are looking for more punishing players for our 3rd and 4th lines, it's ridiculous we don't have more of them there. They're the damn checking lines, especially the 4th line.

Nasty's decent against middleweights, but is certainly no enforcer, if he would hit more, he'd be much more effective. Guess we'd put Kreps or Soupy in as the center for that line? Would leave Soup well rested for our PK.

Leaves our 3rd line with Olesz-Moore-Dvorak when Booth gets healthy? Where does Kreps fit in? Does O go back down? Guess that depends on everyone's play at that point.
You know we won't send him to Rochester. We don't even spend to the cap.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
I bet Sexton is trying to somehow deal Koistinen along with some other guy for help in the toughness department (not enforcer) Only bad thing no1 will take Koistinen. We are stuck with him. So rather waive him couple times and send down to AHL and suck up the mistake made

Not to highjack the thread =))

Hopefully we'll see more games like the 1rst from Big O. Gotta remember it was just only one game. How many times have we fallen in love with a guy after one game for only them to crumble the next and go down/traded/forgotten. I remember one game years ago we called this kid named Dan Boyle up I was like who is this kid he's so small. After couple shifts I said we got a diamond in the rough here. We would have if Keenan/Dudley had given him a chance

Last edited by Mogo: 11-03-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
I remember one game year ago we called this kid named Dan Boyle up I was like who is this kid he's so small. After couple shifts I said we got a diamond in the rough here. We would have if Keenan/Dudley had given him a chance
Are you kidding? We got a whole 5th round pick for him. We selected Martin Tuma! MARTIN TUMA!!!

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 01:21 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Are you kidding? We got a whole 5th round pick for him. We selected Martin Tuma! MARTIN TUMA!!!

StrangeVision is offline   Reply With Quote