HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Highlander Edition: Phoenix Coyotes Vs. Colorado Avalanche 7:00 PM MT

Old
11-05-2009, 10:04 AM
ColoradoHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zih View Post
One thing I just realized: the Rockies, Nuggets, and Broncos all have a promotion with Taco Bell, which is some variation of "score x runs/touchdowns/points and get tacos the next day." It seems like it'd be trivially easy for the Avs to get in on this too.
You'd think so, wouldn't you? But that's because you have more than an ounce of business/marketing acumen, unlike the Avs' staff. That's exactly the kind of thing that generates additional buzz/talk around the city, because it naturally results in little jokes, comments, etc. when people bring up the free tacos during sports talk, and it leads to discussion of the team. It's basically easy promotion and a no-brainer.

A no-brainer. Which makes it the territory of every local team except the Avs.

ColoradoHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
I know this might sound crazy but how about leave players in their natural positions... First Stastny now Duchene on the wing...
I know this might sound crazy but how about stay in England where we live... First Columbus now the Mayflower...

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
I know this might sound crazy but how about leave players in their natural positions... First Stastny now Duchene on the wing...
New lines if the fans on this board had their way:

Stastny-Wolski-Duchene
Hensick-Forsberg-Hejduk
McLeod-O'Reilly-Cumiskey
Stewart-Galiardi-Haydar

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 10:58 AM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

HAHAHHA. I didn't get to see the game last night, so I figured I would get a summary from this thread. I figured wrong.

Duchene is 18 years old and people are complaining about his face off numbers, amazing.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
I know this might sound crazy but how about stay in England where we live... First Columbus now the Mayflower...
Duchene is suffering religious persecution playing at center?

The analogies on this board...wow.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 12:07 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
HAHAHHA. I didn't get to see the game last night, so I figured I would get a summary from this thread. I figured wrong.

Duchene is 18 years old and people are complaining about his face off numbers, amazing.
I know... its always something with the fans in here.

I mean the Avs could win 10-0 Duchene with a hat-trick and Stastny with a hat-trick and everyone else could play well, and some people would find some stupid thing to complain about, like so and so took a stupid penalty or so and so faceoffs were crappy.

I would love just once to come into this forum after a victory and see no one complaining or making stupid comments about how we need to move everyone around even though we just won 4-1.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 12:22 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post

I'm not upset at Duchene's face-off numbers or his goal totals as much as I'm a bit miffed at our second-line center's face-off numbers and goal totals. It has nothing to do with Duchene personally. I'd like to see our second line center have better numbers.

That being said, this is what you get when you roll with an 18 year old as your second line center. I really can't complain because he is doing a good job at playing the game like a doctor...the first thing he does is to not harm the team or the game. He's sound defensively and he creates scoring opportunities (sometimes out of thin air) with his speed. As he matures and adjusts to the NHL (50-150 games) I'm sure his numbers will begin to tick up. Forwards usually hit their prime in their mid to late 20s. He's got a lot of time to learn and improve.

At times I wish we could juggle his wings a bit to see if we can jump-start him (I've suggested the Duke on his left wing) but I'm not going to argue the results Sacco has as a coach. What an unbelievable start to the season. Wow...I've always loved the AVs...but this year, I actually like them too!

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote