HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Gionta questionable against Bruins, Gill has fracture in foot

Old
11-04-2009, 01:28 PM
felixd

vCash: 500
Gionta questionable against Bruins, Gill has fracture in foot

from Marc-Antoine Godin

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...aux-bruins.php

Gionta was hit by a Cammalleri shot against ATL, not practicing today, could be out against Boston.

Gill can't even put on his skate right now...My guess is he's out at least 2 weeks.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Pascal

Gionta is a warrior, he'll play. Unless he broke something.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 01:30 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
from Marc-Antoine Godin

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...aux-bruins.php

Gionta was hit by a Cammalleri shot against ATL, not practicing today, could be out against Boston.

Gill can't even put on his skate right now...My guess is he's out at least 2 weeks.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Next Best Thing*

Cammelleri's shot him him TWICE, and realy hard to boot, I bet one of those was a goal for sure but instead we injure one of our own... why does this always happen to us?

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 01:34 PM
RC51

I am not surprised that Gil has a broken foot from a shot. He is so slow he just can't get out of the way.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
I am not surprised that Gil has a broken foot from a shot. He is so slow he just can't get out of the way.
Might be true but I will tell you one thing,on the GWG,Kane wouldn't have gone around him like a cone (MAB)

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 01:37 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Wow.
Now can they call up Sergei?

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenYoung View Post
Wow.
Now can they call up Sergei?
Sergei no longer wants to be a part of the Canadiens organization. Are we so gutless, do we lack so much pride, dignity and honor to resort to this rat? Everytime I hear his name mentioned, I think to myself...do we want to win so bad that we'll sell ourselves out? That we'll resort to begging this guy to play? I can't comprehend this.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 01:51 PM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Sergei no longer wants to be a part of the Canadiens organization. Are we so gutless, do we lack so much pride, dignity and honor to resort to this rat? Everytime I hear his name mentioned, I think to myself...do we want to win so bad that we'll sell ourselves out? That we'll resort to begging this guy to play? I can't comprehend this.
IF the guy's head is finally screwed on straight, he deserves one last chance. He'd definitely be monitored closely and sent back down if the effort level wasn't there or if he started causing problems tho.

We'd be pretty stupid to not at least give the bros once last shot at it before we dump them - especially at this point of the season.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 01:57 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Gionta really is tough for his size, if it's not broken whatever it is , he will play !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Pandemic

Quote:
Yes.

Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 02:08 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
there is acttually a pill that might help you with that.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 02:10 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Call up Sergei, for **** sakes.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 02:11 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Is that even true? He does not want to be part of the Bulldogs but I'm sure he wants to be in the NHL (be it with the Habs or someone else).

He pouted because he wasn't to be part of the Habs.

(note that I'm not defending him or his retarded actions, just that its not playing with the Habs he has a problem with)

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Coldplay
Courage

NOOOOOOO not Gio.

Dude's a warrior though; had that been ****ing Tanguay, he would've left the game the first time Cammy hit him.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 02:25 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

I think things will not start going the Habs way until after the centennial game. The hockey gods must not have been pleased with the Habs for making so much money on the centennial and they cursed them. So many bad bounces, injuries, posts, scandal, losing to the Bruins in the playoffs last year, what a ***** celebration this year has been.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Oh Really?

You do know that Pavelec also refused to report to AHL last october, and requested for a trade out of Atlanta. He also threatened to go over to KHL if they didn't move him.
His disagreements with the club came when they decided to send him down after he was promised a fair chance. After 2 pre-season games, he was cut even though his ''competition'' didn't outplay him.
Can you remind me who's the goalie of the day in the NHL now??..and which team is he playing for??

Funny how this is EXACTLY the same thing going on with Sergei.

It's in the Habs very best interest to squash the beef with this kid. He could be the solution we can't seem to find to stabilize our top 6.

It would also be a huge mistake to trade either of the bro without having given them a fair chance to play together. There's undeniable chemistry and both of them have great raw talent. Pairing them along side a hot Plekanec should be a project in the very near future.

With D'Ago already out, Gionta possibly out as well, With little production coming from Lats, Laps, MaxPac and A.Kost, we don't have much liberty. On top of that, Laraque is injured so even he can't fill up a spot and then you have a guy like Stewart that is playing quite badly with his stupid penalties.

You would suggest we keep S.Kost (the sole NHL ready player in AHL) down out of principle or ego???...All this at the cost of losing games??..

S.Kost absolutely needs to be called up if Gionta does indeed go down. It'd be extremely stupid if we didn't give him a shot.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 02:44 PM
la25ecoupe

That Cammy shot was a goal

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 02:45 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Oh Really?

You do know that Pavelec also refused to report to AHL last october, and requested for a trade out of Atlanta. He also threatened to go over to KHL if they didn't move him.
His disagreements with the club came when they decided to send him down after he was promised a fair chance. After 2 pre-season games, he was cut even though his ''competition'' didn't outplay him.
Can you remind me who's the goalie of the day in the NHL now??..and which team is he playing for??

It's in the Habs very best interest to squash the beef with this kid. He could be the solution we can't seem to find to stabilize our top 6.

It would also be a huge mistake to trade either of the bro without having given them a fair chance to play together. There's undeniable chemistry and both of them have great raw talent. Pairing them along side a hot Plekanec should be a project in the very near future.

With D'Ago already out, Gionta possibly out as well, With little production coming from Lats, Laps, MaxPac and A.Kost, we don't have much liberty. On top of that, Laraque is injured so even he can't fill up a spot and then you have a guy like Stewart that is playing quite badly with his stupid penalties.

You would suggest we keep S.Kost (the sole NHL ready player in AHL) down out of principle or ego???...All this at the cost of losing games??..

S.Kost absolutely needs to be called up if Gionta does indeed go down. It'd be extremely stupid if we didn't give him a shot.
They gonna call Pyatt up before

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Turboflex*

LOL what luck.

Camalleri really got behind that one too and it was probably going in.

Not only does it cost us a point, but injures one of the few guys making anything happen.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Markovskaya

Will there be an end to all these injuries !?

This is getting ridiculous !!!!!!!

As tough as Gionta is, with our luck, he broke something

Markovskaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Oh Really?

Hey fanboy, the difference is Sergei played A LOT last season, and stunk it up all over the ice. He was not demonstrating anything near NHL calibre play last year or in pre-season.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Markovskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Hey fanboy, the difference is Sergei played A LOT last season, and stunk it up all over the ice. He was not demonstrating anything near NHL calibre play last year or in pre-season.
Because Patch is a solid NHL player eh ? Yeah right...

If Gionta is out, Skost is in. It's just logical !

Markovskaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 02:53 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
LOL what luck.

Camalleri really got behind that one too and it was probably going in.

Not only does it cost us a point, but injures one of the few guys making anything happen.

Old
11-04-2009, 03:17 PM
la25ecoupe

This was the shot:

So it might be his foot?